Oblivion PC - Mod Recommendations

Bloodbooger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
50 (100%)
So I just picked up Oblivion for the PC, tried the 360 version first, but I kept seeing great shots of modded PC versions.

I've found a couple of sites, but I'm interested in additional recommendations. What are you using, what do you find most useful, what makes the game better?

I just did the initial install, and I'm looking at:
Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul
Natural Environments
Deadly Reflex 3

Anyone have any insight into potential problems with linking so many available mods?

I just reinstalled this game, and here's a rough rundown of what I'm running:

Beautiful People -Adds a bunch of new hair meshes / eye designes / custom races, plus makes in game characters look better

Beaming Sunglare - Just what it says, a better bloom effect for sunlight

Bobs Armory - More weapons and armors

Color Map Mod - Replaces the in game map with a color version

Harvest Containers - Changes all the containers (chests, barrals, dressers, ect.) so they have a different graphic effect once opened. There is a similar one in the Oscuro mod that does the same with all vegetation.

House Map Markers -Only lets you fast travel to houses once you've purchased them

Leviathan Soulgems - Replaces the soulgems with better looking ones

Loading Screens - Adds a lot more cool loading screens.

Marts Monster Mod - Adds a bunch of different monsters + a few other cool tweaks

Natural Enviroments - Makes all the trees larger and more lush, adds really cool ambient creatures to the wilderness (rabbits, birds, ect.), and makes the nights a lot darker. Also adds seasonal weather paterns, and better weather effects. This is probably the single non-gameplay mod ever because it makes the game look so much cooler.

Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul - Tons of changes to the gameplay. Highly recommended

Quarls (sp?) Texture pack - Replaces all the ingame textures with much better high res ones. It takes more memory, but if you have a fast PC (8800 GTS/GT/GTX, and a decent CPU) you probably won't notice the difference. This one is really great because of how much better the game looks.

Most mods are going to be compatible with each other, just don't install multiple mods that perform the same function. I.e. two mods that change archery are going to be redundent and won't necessarily break the game, but you probably wont get the result you're looking for.

I forget the name of the mod, but the one where you can use your horse as a container is sweet.. Makes the game reminiscent of Daggerfall, where you could buy a trailer for your horse. Delve into a dungeon, run back up top to throw your loot on your horse, and go back in for more.

Illumination Within - adds light to windows during the night.

Capes and Clocks - a new type of clothing, although it's not perfectly integrated.

Color Map mod - adds colour to the world map, makes it look a lot nicer.

Dark UI - changes the colour and shape of the UI, looks much nicer in my opinion.

Oh yeah, I forgot about some of those; Illumination Within is awesome. I also highly recommend Immersive Interface, especially if you play at a high resolution.

[quote name='csalzman']
Beautiful People -Adds a bunch of new hair meshes / eye designes / custom races, plus makes in game characters look better
[/QUOTE]

Would that be Ren's Beauty Pack?:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4431
I'm tired of trying to make normal looking characters, and it sounds like it'd help quite a bit. I see a Natural Faces mod too, but the Beauty pack looks like it does a lot more.

Thanks for adding links Duke, both of those will come in handy for my thief.

I'll be adding a good number of these mods ASAP. It's crazy, like I'm playing a whole new game. Does anyone know of anything that will keep basic enemies from leveling up? The idea of roadside bandits and rats always being a threat bothers me.

Ooo.. I found Realistic Rag Dolls too:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5011

[quote name='Bloodbooger'] Does anyone know of anything that will keep basic enemies from leveling up? The idea of roadside bandits and rats always being a threat bothers me.[/QUOTE]

Enemy level scaling is the main complaint that a lot of people have about the game. It's kinda dumb when you think about it, how the roadside bandits end up with daedric armour eventually. I think Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul, as csalzman mentioned, addresses this issue. I've never used it though, so I can't comment on it.

[quote name='Bloodbooger']Would that be Ren's Beauty Pack?:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4431
I'm tired of trying to make normal looking characters, and it sounds like it'd help quite a bit. I see a Natural Faces mod too, but the Beauty pack looks like it does a lot more.

Thanks for adding links Duke, both of those will come in handy for my thief.

I'll be adding a good number of these mods ASAP. It's crazy, like I'm playing a whole new game. Does anyone know of anything that will keep basic enemies from leveling up? The idea of roadside bandits and rats always being a threat bothers me.

Ooo.. I found Realistic Rag Dolls too:
http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5011[/quote]

This is the one you want here: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View.php?view=OblivionMods.Detail&id=1376 Its a combination of a bunch of similar mods so they all work together.

bread's done
Back