Ocarina of Time 3DS $37.99 Buy.com

Dear lord, even on sale that's pretty close to what I paid for it used 11 years ago. Thanks for reminding me over and over why I don't yet own a 3ds, Nintendo.

First thanks for posting, not big enough deal for myself, but this did get me thinking Costco....Hmmm..... what is the 3ds games go for there now??? 34? so far kmart's deal seems to be best..

It boggles my mind that a game that is this old...that people have bought multiple times...will sell for that much and still be a multi million mover.

[quote name='MSI Magus']It boggles my mind that a game that is this old...that people have bought multiple times...will sell for that much and still be a multi million mover.[/QUOTE]

But it's 3D!

I personally wish they would of done Majoras Mask since that had alot more stuff to do, but if this sells well its only a matter of time : D

[quote name='MSI Magus']It boggles my mind that a game that is this old...that people have bought multiple times...will sell for that much and still be a multi million mover.[/QUOTE]

God of War Collection was less of an enhancement than this and those games weren't even 5 years old at the time of release. Yet people still bought it.

Because they know they can, simple as that. Mario Kart for DS is over 5 years old and it still retails for $35+.

[quote name='icedrake523']God of War Collection was less of an enhancement than this and those games weren't even 5 years old at the time of release. Yet people still bought it.[/QUOTE]

But them HD and trophies!

Seriously, do people feel the need to question other's decisions to validate their own?

I think its just gonna be cool to have this game in my pocket anywhere I go, OOT one of my fave games ever, and I never got around to playing master quest so this will be a new experience.

Sent Amazon a Price Match since I already pre-ordered with them, thanks OP

I imagine Best Buy or Toys R Us will have some sort of better deal on this on release day, as they have with just about every other recent first party Nintendo game.

I'm dying for someone to offer a "Buy a Nintendo 3DS, get Ocarina of Time 3D free" deal. I don't care who has it, but that's where I'll make my purchase. Make it happen Amazon/Kmart/Best Buy.

I was already pretty set in stone on getting a 3DS for Ocarina, and of course Star Fox, Paper Mario, MGS, KH, etc., but E3's showing of Mario and Luigi's Mansion made this a no-brainer.

Currently the library for the 3DS is meh, but by the end of this year alone were going to have a ton of great games, this is just the start. I had no interest in Kid Icarus, but then i saw the 3D gameplay on my 3DS and now thts a must get on top of the others you mentioned. Also, I love how paper mario went back to the RPG way it was before on the N64 and Gamecube.

I've never beat Ocarina of Time before, so I'll be one of the few purchasing this game for the first time. My brother has the N64 version, I played to a bit past Goron Mountain, but did not enjoy it. I don't own a 3ds yet, as I'll wait for either the next price cut or hopefully the 3ds lite in a few years. I know I'll end up buying this game later when it's much cheaper.

[quote name='boogie4114']Heard from a legitimate Gamestop employee that they are gonna bring out a 3DS Zelda bundle for the holidays.[/QUOTE]

any word on a price drop anytime soon on the 3ds then?

Decent deal, but waiting to see who else has deals for it. Never played Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time. So this will be new game for me. Already preordered on amazon, will price match report.

In portable 3d what better way to be introduced to the game?

[quote name='guardian_owl']Because they know they can, simple as that. Mario Kart for DS is over 5 years old and it still retails for $35+.[/QUOTE]

...but Mario Kart DS is an "original" entry in the series, whereas Ocarina of Time 3DS is just a pretty version of the same damned game. Should be $20 or less, but because Nintendo launched the 3DS with such a shitty line-up of software, people are going to be all over this rehash in droves.

Also, for those of you comparing this to the GoW Collection, don't. The GoW Collection is TWO games, both of which have been converted to HD and augmented with Trophies, and the package was only $40; and the GoW games are from last generation, so $20 a piece (more like $12 these days) is a bit easier to swallow.

Not saying that Ocarina of Time isn't a great game; and not saying that, to some people, it's not worth nearly $40. Just don't come to CAG and try to justify the price tag as a whole, because, ultimately, it's just Nintendo preying on the nostalgia of its fanbase in a pretty despicable way.

I hope they make more remakes with 3D, I would kill for a Majoras Mask and Paper Mario N64 remake. And I would gladly pay 40 bones for it.

[quote name='AwRy108']...but Mario Kart DS is an "original" entry in the series, whereas Ocarina of Time 3DS is just a pretty version of the same damned game. Should be $20 or less, but because Nintendo launched the 3DS with such a shitty line-up of software, people are going to be all over this rehash in droves.

Also, for those of you comparing this to the GoW Collection, don't. The GoW Collection is TWO games, both of which have been converted to HD and augmented with Trophies, and the package was only $40; and the GoW games are from last generation, so $20 a piece (more like $12 these days) is a bit easier to swallow.

Not saying that Ocarina of Time isn't a great game; and not saying that, to some people, it's not worth nearly $40. Just don't come to CAG and try to justify the price tag as a whole, because, ultimately, it's just Nintendo preying on the nostalgia of its fanbase in a pretty despicable way.[/QUOTE]

The GoW was a pretty lazy port. The cut screens aren't in HD.

bread's done
Back