Octomania (Wii) - $9.99 at Best Buy (Possible YMMV)

ZForce

CAGiversary!
Feedback
76 (100%)
Didn't see this posted, but I just picked this game up for 10 bucks at my local Best Buy. I know it got a pretty good review on IGN, and I'd assume it's nationwide since it wasn't on a clearance rack or anything.

[quote name='ZForce']Didn't see this posted, but I just picked this game up for 10 bucks at my local Best Buy. I know it got a pretty good review on IGN, and I'd assume it's nationwide since it wasn't on a clearance rack or anything.[/quote]

I'm interested but most BB deals are YMMV. You might want to add YMMV to title or people will think it's national.

I got this game for 19.99 and I will tell you that I don't think it's worth even 9.99. There isn't really any strategy to the game; it's just about how fast you move crap.
And, for some reason, there is Original and Arcade mode, which are exactly the same thing. It's just like two different menu skins for the same thing. And there isn't a way to just play a CPU (1 vs 1) without playing through the story line (which is a pain in the ass because you have to click a million times to get to the next guy).

Oh yeah, and the online mode is dumb because no one that owns this game is online. I was never able to find an opponent... ever.

[quote name='FredtheFarmer']I got this game for 19.99 and I will tell you that I don't think it's worth even 9.99. There isn't really any strategy to the game; it's just about how fast you move crap.
And, for some reason, there is Original and Arcade mode, which are exactly the same thing. It's just like two different menu skins for the same thing. And there isn't a way to just play a CPU (1 vs 1) without playing through the story line (which is a pain in the ass because you have to click a million times to get to the next guy).

Oh yeah, and the online mode is dumb because no one that owns this game is online. I was never able to find an opponent... ever.[/quote]

I wasn't really considering buying this with name like octomania, it just sounds terrible.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I wasn't really considering buying this with name like octomania, it just sounds terrible.[/quote]

I played it over my friends house the other since he tried to convince me of how good this game is. Let's just say I gave up any form of hope of this game.

I just picked this up at the Tiffany Springs MO Best Buy during their grand opening sale. If anyone is looking for a Wii in the KC area, they had 50 of them in this morning and around 30 at 1pm.

BTW, Gamecrazy's base trade in for this game is currently $20, because they charge $39.99 for it. With MVP it is $22.

If you are going to buy something there anyway, might as well pop on down to Gamestop and buy a new copy for $14.99

Thanks there were like 5 other copies and it had one of the placemarkers behind it with a sticker that had the $9.99 price on it - also splurged on Fear Files For 360 for 10 beans was in one of the clearence bins

saw it 9.99 at BB in Moline, IL. Also Williams Pinball is down to 19.99.

both items had a regular name and price tag. No marker or "clearance" sticker.

Okay,
So I regret buying this game. If anything, it should be 5 bucks.
It really just smashing buttons and hoping you win. If you take the time to try and match all the colors, the other person will win.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']BTW, Gamecrazy's base trade in for this game is currently $20, because they charge $39.99 for it. With MVP it is $22. [/quote]

Sounds like a good game to build credit on, if it trades for that much over there still.

This is not YMMV. It should be $9.99 at all Best Buys. If yours still has the price marker at $19.99, have them scan it. Good deal, in my opinion.

so yeah, i'm guessing this actually is a nationwide sale or price cut or whatever... found it at 2 different best buys in the Dallas/Fort Worth area today, actually marked at $9.99

picked one up

Confirmed at the Peabody, MA store.

They also had a cart of 50% off games - got NFL 2K8 for PS3 for $5! They had Sega Rally Revo (360) for $20 after discount, same for Timeshift...handful of crappy PS2 games...couple PSP games (EEE for $8 and Parappa for $8 as well).

bread's done
Back