Odd Video Game Accessories

jshendel

CAGiversary!
We all know that there are some weird accessories out there that are only useful for a game or two, the most recent being the RE4 chainsaw and Guitar Freaks guitar. I'm curious for what non-standard accessories people have.

For myself, I have:
DDR dance pad
2 GunCon 1
GunCon 2
Taiko Drum
Dreamcast Microphone
Sega NiGHTS analog controller
i.link connector for PS2 (bought and never used)
PS1 Multitap
PS2 Multitap
PS2 Remote control

Can't think of anything else...

I have:
Atari Driving Control and Key pad
NES Max and Zapper
SMS Phaser
Genesis Justifier
Saturn Virtua Cop Gun
DDR Dance Pad
DK Bongos
Taiko Drum

I think that is about all.

I have no accessories beyond 4 memory cards and extra controllers.

However, I did get a chance to try the power glove...

I really have to save a list of all the weird controllers I have. I always forget some. Lets try now:

2 different guitars for guitar freaks(not hero)
drumset for drummania
dj turntable for beatmania
ddr pads
u-force for NES
power glover for NES
Zapper
NES advantage
SMS phaser
weird SMS arcade stick
genny arcade stick
menacer
super scope
snes mouse
snes multtap
snes baseball bat
genny baseball bat
genny teevee golf
dk bongos
taiko drum
steering wheel for DC
fishing rod for DC
fishing rod for PSX
arcade stick for DC
super advantage
virtua stick
saturn 3d controller
twin sticks for psx
arcade stick for n64
DC microphone

I think thats it but I probably forgot something cause I usually don't count some things as weird, I usually don't include multitaps. or arcade sticks, but I figured I'd be as thorough as possible with anything not a regular controller.

Edit: Yep forgot stuff
Power pad for NES
Yanya Cabillista skateboard
tons of gamegenies since people are counting those
DC keyboard

I don't have anything weird, but this takes the cake in terms of oddness, imo:

uforce.jpg

[quote name='erehwon']Trance Vibrator for Rez

I don't have it yet, but I might just get it as a collector's item. Just never buy one used. :puke:[/QUOTE]

yeah, this one takes the cake.

As far as stuff I own, I think the Dreamcast keyboard is probably the worst (though rather tame overall) simply because I wanted to learn how to type with Typing of the Dead. heh.

I think the fishing controller craze around DC/N64/PSX time was rather interesting as well..

Don't forget these!

Samba De Amigo Maracas for DC (BEST MUSIC GAME EVER)
THE POWERGLOVE! *shudder*

I just wear it for comedic effect now. Not that it EVER worked right......

Have a Rez Trance Vibrator. Originally was meant as a "surprise" for a particular person but changes in the relationship and figurative kick in the balls changed its original intended use into dust-catcher on a shelf. Shame, that, but so is life.

Otherwise I have more lightguns than a person should possibly own. Well, at least I know that if my Guncons fail I have the Scorpions as backups. And when the Scorpions fail I have about three or four other random company lightguns to fill in as well.

For the systems here in my apartment, I have 2 of the converting accessories which make PS2 dual shocks usable on the GCN.

Bought em because I wanted Soul Calibur 2 for GCN (It had Link and I'm a fanboy, plus the graphics looked better than the PS2 version I think...) and there was no way in Hell I was using a gamecube controller for that game. They work great with SC2 ... not so great with other games... but they function fine for SSB:Melee too... effectively gave me 4 GCN controllers in a pinch. :)

Most of mine aren't that strange, but they still aren't standard.

Guncon 2 (PS2)
2 Guncons (PS)
First Person Shooter Master Controller (PS2)
Clash Pads (PS2)
Netplay Controller (PS2)
Wireless Steering Wheel (PS2)
Microphone (DC) Never Used, came with Alien Front Online
Multitap (PS2)
4 GBA/GC Connectors (GC)
Keyboard (DC) Never Used, cost 99 cents
Headset (PS2)
Headset (XB)
Microphone (XB)
Action Replay Max (PS2)
Transfer Pak (N64) Never Used, cost 49 cents
Game Changer (GBASP)
PS2 Controller Adaptor (GC,XBOX)
3 PS2-to-XBOX Adaptors (XBOX) Bought before the Controller S came out.
Dexdrive (N64)

I may have a few more...

- Two "Soldier" controllers for SNES (licensed Capcom controller with a handgrip for your left hand and a "street fighter" 6-button layout)
- X-Arcade double joystick (Dreamcast, PS2, XBOX, PC adaptors)
- two crappy Dreamcast joysticks (3rd party) that I dont' use anymore
- two crappy PS1 joysticks (3rd party, I think it was "Blaze") that I dont' use anymore
- Two lightguns for Dreamcast (3rd party I forget which brand)
- DexDrive for PS1 that I could never get to work
- X-Port for PS2; it's supposed to transfer saves to and from your PC but it doesn't work on my slim PS2 so it's basically useless now
- PS1 Multitap
- PS2 Multitap
- PS2 Multitap (for slim PS2)
- SNES Multitap (3rd-party, has five controller slots)
- PS2 DVD remote (newer version)
- PS2 Dance Pad (3rd party, MacCatz or Pelican or something like that)
- Action Replay for GameCube
- GameBoy Player for GameCube
- four GBA to GC cables (1st party); one 3rd-party cable that doubles as a GBA link cable
- 4-way GBA link cable
- e-reader for GBA
- various controller extension cables (4 for dreamcast, 4 for PS2, 1 for GC)
- n64 expansion RAM thing
- GBA radio tuner
- GBA battery pack/car adaptor/AC adaptor
- XBOX music mixer (not so much an "accessory" per se but it lets you grab files from your PC)
- XBOX Live w/ headset

Strangest controller or accesory ever made, none of you have named it yet, is without a doubt Atari's Mindlink Controller. It was supposed to let you play videogames by measuring your brain waves. Yes, this thing was real. Yes, they expected it to work and market it. Yes, there are prototypes floating around >10 as far as I know. This is not Photoshopped it's the actual controller.

mindlnk18yw.jpg

mindlnk28id.jpg

mindlnk36he.gif

If you want to know more about it, go here.

These aren't weird, but I'll say them anyway.

Tekken 5 stick for PS2
RedOctane stick for PS2
Two RedOctane universal adapters
SuperDual Box adapter

That's really all that comes to mind..

[quote name='jkanownik']In HS we had a similar exercise bike that connected to what I believe was an SNES. I have no idea what the name of the game was. It made my many visits to the trainer for rehab much more enjoyable.[/QUOTE]

Outback Joey Fitness Trainer.

The best odd accessory I have are wireless controllers for the 2600. Massive suckers with a big industrial looking antenna coming out of the front. I don't think they are terribly rare and they aren't particularly valuable, but they are pretty neat.

OH MY GOD.

I just remembered the most random controller ever:

The Roll n' Rocker for NES!

It was this ridiculous thing you stand on that is flat on top and round on the bottom and has an input for an NES controller on the front. You plug in the controller and use the buttons on that like normal, but you LEAN on the platform to control your character! It actually worked, but was near impossible to balance on for more than 10 minutes.

My roommate and I had some fun with it back in college tho........we got ripped and tried to play SMB. Lol, it was hilarious.....I wish I had a video!

Here's a pic (off google) of the thing:

http://www.nesretro.com/hardware/RollnRocker.jpg

aren't weird but I have these

Red OCtane Reload pedal PS2
Guncon 2 Ps2
2 DK Bongos
Generic xbox joystick forgot the brand xbox
Pelican Shadowblade joystick PS2
REd Octane Stick PS2 (shaq-fuing defective productive still hasn't processed my return been almost a month)
SF AC controllers PS2 (I got these dirt cheap 9.99 at gamestop)

I have this thing for the Atari 2600
supercharger.gif

Its a giant cart that contains extra memory and an operating system, the wire on it connects to a cassette deck and the games actually came on, and load off of cassette tapes. I remember the games for this system having waaaay better graphics than your average 2600 cart. I have about 7 game/tapes that work with the cart and I think there were around 10-12 released in total. Two of the best were Dragon Stomper, an rpg, and Maze of the Mindmaster, a psuedo 3D maze game.

I also have some cool 2600 carts called 'XonoX' double enders, its a big long cart with a cart on each end. Play one game, then flip it around, and stick the other end into the atari and play another game.
l_XonoxDouble.jpg

This was my favorite double ender, heh.... It had Artillery Duel and Chuck Norris Superkicks!

[quote name='Puffa469'] This was my favorite double ender, heh.... [/QUOTE]

We need to get you out more.

t-fuf-1516.jpg

You'd be amazed what I've seen this double ender do :rofl:.

bread's done
Back