Odin Sphere (PS2) - $34.99 + FREE S&H @ Outpost.com

[quote name='Asgardian']FYI, CA people should use cduniverse rather than buy to save on tax. In this particular case, you pay a little under $32 shipped... I've used cduniverse for many GCO items already and they are pretty good in general.

PS: People who likes this game should look into God Hand and especially The Red Star if you dont already have those![/quote]
I actually just checked it again for my buy.com purchase, and it changed to $31.82
I checked my credit card billing online to make sure and it did change to $31.82.
Weird, but whateva, just hope they send it soon!!!
Sucks there sold out, i thought this was sopose to be a SLEEP HIT!!!

ok, I just got an email saying my order is still pending and the item is out of stock. They dont know a definite ship date or whatever. Outpost better ship me my game.

I also got an e-mail from Outpost saying that my items (other than Indiana Jones) were backordered (Odin Sphere and Seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development).

I was wondering, has anyone else ever had this problem in the past, and how long did it take for the items to ship? The e-mail mentioned that it should be resolved in the next 30 days, and while I'm not in a hurry to get the game itself, I'm just a bit worried about actually getting the game.

[quote name='boyward']I pre-ordered the game this morning, and while Gamespot's criticisms are disheartening, I'd rather have my expectations lowered than go in expecting perfection. For example, now I won't be surprised by this:

Or this:

But I like these kinds of beat-em-up games, in spite of their technical problems. I played a lot of hours of Advance Guardian Heroes, and Odin Sphere appears to be somewhat the same kind of game. AGH also had horrendous slowdown, but I still enjoyed it. As a matter of fact, I took advantage of the slowdown because the breakneck pace of the game was a little too much for me to handle anyway. I don't think I could have beaten it without the slowdown giving me time to plan my next move.

If, for some reason, I end up not liking Odin Sphere I'm comforted to know that the game will probably retain its value so I can trade it for something else that's $40.[/quote]

According to other CAG who have played the game now that it's out, the slowdowns are nowhere near as bad as reviewers make them out to be. More like 2-3 seconds to clear a stage and not much slow down encountered yet other than a couple bosses and it wasn't anywhere near a dead stop.

It's probably safe to say that the reviewers had an earlier build of the game that had a bit of problems still apparent. :p

[quote name='iamamoogle']I also got an e-mail from Outpost saying that my items (other than Indiana Jones) were backordered (Odin Sphere and Seasons 2 and 3 of Arrested Development).

I was wondering, has anyone else ever had this problem in the past, and how long did it take for the items to ship? The e-mail mentioned that it should be resolved in the next 30 days, and while I'm not in a hurry to get the game itself, I'm just a bit worried about actually getting the game.[/quote]

My longest backorder took two weeks to finally ship out with my shortest being a couple days. It's fairly common on deals through their website like I had mentioned earlier in this thread so I'm not really surprised to see that this happened.

To anyone who bought this from buy.com - Has your order shipped yet? Odin Sphere is listed on the site as In Stock (usually ships in 1 to 2 days) yet the preorder I placed days ago has apparently not shipped yet. Just wondering if others are in the same situation or if I should contact customer service.

fungal, i was just about to ask the same question! mine has been "sent to wherehouse" since monday.

I am figuring it will ship today since it changed from: "Very few left in stock - order soon!" to "Ships in 1 to 2 days"

[quote name='fungaljones']To anyone who bought this from buy.com - Has your order shipped yet? Odin Sphere is listed on the site as In Stock (usually ships in 1 to 2 days) yet the preorder I placed days ago has apparently not shipped yet. Just wondering if others are in the same situation or if I should contact customer service.[/quote]

Yeah I'm having the same problem...
I got an e-mail saying a delay with shipping, just waiting for them to e-mail me back saying they shiped it!!!
Ahhh I have no patience anymore:bomb:

[quote name='Dijital']OK so what is so great about this game?[/quote]

Nothing, it sucks, dont buy it.

*cough**cough* well that saves me one more person preventing me from getting my game *cough*cough*

:roll:

Just ordered from Family Video for $36.85 using the new customer coupon.

I too have a long backlog and feel somewhat like a sucker for buying into the hype behind this game. If it's as pretty as all of the p/reviews make it out to be it should at least be fun to play for a weekend or so then flip on eBay.

[quote name='T3kN']Nothing, it sucks, dont buy it.

*cough**cough* well that saves me one more person preventing me from getting my game *cough*cough*

:roll:[/QUOTE]
ROFL, seriously what is so great about it?

[quote name='Dijital']ROFL, seriously what is so great about it?[/quote]

Aside from the preview videos I had seen for the game and Atlus's excellent reputation with RPG's... I was convinced to buy after reading Penny Arcade's take on the game: http://www.penny-arcade.com/2007/04/25

I'm looking forward to playing this on my big screen upscaled to 1080i via my PS3!!

[quote name='Dijital']ROFL, seriously what is so great about it?[/QUOTE]

you can grow sheep from seeds...

[quote name='Dijital']ROFL, seriously what is so great about it?[/quote]
Here's a description of a gameplay level from the guys at Penny Arcade. This will either turn you off to the game or make you cry for joy and thank whatever Deity you believe in for just the thought of a game like this. I think you can guess which category I fall into.

-----------------------------------------------

I hit an especially hard level yesterday in the Winterhorn Mountain zone. This is a snowy mountain full of yetis and angry ice monsters. Just to give you an idea of how deep this “brawler” is let me tell you the strategy I ended up using to get through this level.

I was taking ice damage as soon as I entered the level just because it was so cold. So the first thing I needed to do was combine some raw materials I had collected to produce a warming elixir that I was able to drink and prevent frost damage. Now that I wasn’t taking damage I started planting seeds for the various plants I’d need in order to complete this level. I started with a sheep plant. This is a plant that absorbs souls and when it blooms it produces two fat sheep whose delicious meat heal 100hp. They will come in handy later.

I’ll need to be collecting souls for myself though during this fight in order to power up my magic abilities. I really can’t spare many souls for my hungry plant. So I planted a Rosemile next to it. This is a plant that doesn’t need souls to bloom. When it’s done growing it releases souls which are then absorbed by my sheep plant next to it. So I’m moving around the circular level battling snow monsters and keeping an eye on my garden. Eventually my sheep ripen and it’s just in time. I’m hurt pretty bad but a little lamb chop fixes me right up. I suck the meat off and then throw the bone at a griffon for a little damage.

I cook up another potion. A slight modification to the warming recipe and this time its napalm. Yetis hate it. Eventually after careful use of some of my more potent magical abilities and a few more napalm attacks the level is clear. I scour the area for more ingredients and treasure before heading to the next one.

This is the first game I've pre-ordered in a long long time. The last pre-ordered game I got was Red Faction hahahahaa, man that was soooo long ago.
But yeah, this is prob the most highly anticipated game for me, being a anti-next gen gamer, for the moment, and besides my DS, im sure glad the ps2 is still living on strong.

YES!!! THEY SHIPPED IT!!! THEY SHIPPED TI!!!
I just checked my e-mail and they said they got more in!
YES I CANT WAIT TO GET IT!!!
This might mean other places got more instock now as well.
So have your fingers crossed people!

[quote name='xxtheycallmedxx']its 28.99 with free (GCO) on buy.com ....[/quote]

It looks like they won't allow GCO with this anymore. I was hoping to use it with the 7% off link that someone posted at the top of the forum but the GCO link/icon is greyed out.

[quote name='Mugen Power']It looks like they won't allow GCO with this anymore. I was hoping to use it with the 7% off link that someone posted at the top of the forum but the GCO link/icon is greyed out.[/quote]

The reason it does not work is because you're trying to combine it with another offer. You can only get one or the other. Just remove the 10% coupon "item" from your cart and you can again use Google Checkout for your $10 off.

[quote name='aegisol']The reason it does not work is because you're trying to combine it with another offer. You can only get one or the other. Just remove the 10% coupon "item" from your cart and you can again use Google Checkout for your $10 off.[/quote]

Thanks, but I found that out already.

"Thank you for your order. We apologize but the item(s) you
ordered are currently out of stock and we are unable to provide
a definite ship date at this time. However, we continually
receive new merchandise in our warehouse and we hope to fulfill
your order within the next thirty days or sooner if possible."

Rats. I hope I get it.

You guys could, if you can spare the money, but it from somewhere close (BB or something) and when your shipped copy comes in, return it to BB.

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm thinking maybe I should just cancel my Fry's order and get it somewhere else :cry:[/QUOTE]

I canceled and ordered it from CC with my $10.00 apology code.

[quote name='cancrman']Just ordered from Family Video for $36.85 using the new customer coupon.[/QUOTE]

I signed up at Family Video and didn't receive a code. Is their a universal one or did you get a one time personal use?

[quote name='controlcommerce']I signed up at Family Video and didn't receive a code. Is their a universal one or did you get a one time personal use?[/quote]

No, it's a universal new customer code, search around, you'll find it.

Guys I hate to say this after looking at the videos, and the video review even though many are recommending it it does not look like a game im interested in.

[quote name='Dijital']Guys I hate to say this after looking at the videos, and the video review even though many are recommending it it does not look like a game im interested in.[/QUOTE]

I feel exactly the OPPOSITE.

While I believe that this game is in at least some Best Buys, why is it not listed at all on their site? Is that because they're not going to make it available at all online and only sell through the initial run in-store?

Recently, Command & Conquer 3 (360) wasn't available for online preorder as I recall on bestbuy.com, didn't even have a page prerelease, but when it hit the store shelves, a page did appear, complete with in-store availability checking. Should we expect one for this game any day now? I'd really just as soon get it with a Reward Zone certificate and basically get this same pricepoint.

[quote name='T3kN']This game is awesome, im loving it. Defintely diffrent from the typical rpg.[/quote]

Really? I am reading reviews in Gamespot.com and it sounds average. =/ I hope it'll go GH soon if it's so popular. :bouncy:

[quote name='toldawg128']PSM gave this game a 9.0 "Game of the Month" rating. It looks cool, and I love 2D gaming. I've got to get this game![/quote]

It's 2D?! Looks 3D to me :cold:

On the 1up video podcast, they said it's bound to become to the PS2 what Castlevania SOTN was for PS1. According to them, its one of those games that will gather up a cult following (rather than becoming a huge mainstream success) and become highly sought after in the next several years.

bread's done
Back