Odin Sphere vs. Rogue Galaxy

SuperFox

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm up in the air on this one, so if you were going to purchase one game, which would it be? Bear in mind Odin Sphere is still going for $40, and Rogue Galaxy is at $20. Any opinions you have, I'd appreciate.

They are very different games. I never really got into Rogue Galaxy, but I thought Odin Sphere was a lot of fun. It is a pretty easy pick up and play game the way the levels are set up.

[quote name='magiic']Rouge Galaxy was good but Rogue Galaxy was better. I'd go with Odin Sphere though.[/QUOTE]

WAT?

[quote name='Vinny']WAT?[/quote]

He's poking fun at the misspelling Rouge vs Rogue.;)

Buy both. Rogue Galaxy can be found on clearance at some retailers (I nabbed it at Sears for $5).

[quote name='Chitown021']He's poking fun at the misspelling Rouge vs Rogue.;)

Buy both. Rogue Galaxy can be found on clearance at some retailers (I nabbed it at Sears for $5).
[/QUOTE]

Oh, I didn't notice that. Probably because I would've spelled it wrong too...:lol:

[quote name='Chitown021']He's poking fun at the misspelling Rouge vs Rogue.;)

[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out...I wouldn't have noticed it unless you had said something.

They're both great.

I am in the minority, but I found Rogue Galaxy to be an average title. There is a lot to do and it can easily take you into the 100+ hour mark. My complaints, however, are minor. I hated the villain (not in the guy-you-love-to-hate kinda way), found some of the dialog a little off (but the voice actors were spot on for the most part), and couldn't stand the enemies that were only vulnerable to jump-attacks. I beat the game in just over 40.

I slightly prefer Odin Sphere. The art direction was great, but it got a little too heavy plot-wise at times. It's very serious throughout. Contrary to a lot of reviews, I didn't find the game all that difficult. You will die - it doesn't take much - and there are a few boss fights that are a little frustrating, but it's not a hard game. I I beat Odin Sphere with every possible ending in about 30 hours.

As far as cost is concerned, Odin Sphere is an Atlus game, but I don't see it as being one that will go up in price over time. My guess is that it will be similar to Rule of Rose where it will be semi-rare, but can be picked up for around $25. If you've got a Fred Meyer or Smith's Marketplace, you can pick it up for $29.97 + whatever % off clearance they currently have. Rogue Galaxy is destined to be around for some time.

I'd definitely recommend Rogue Galaxy. It's a fantastic RPG with a lot of depth. Odin Sphere is good too, but not as good.

[quote name='thelonepig']As far as cost is concerned, Odin Sphere is an Atlus game, but I don't see it as being one that will go up in price over time. My guess is that it will be similar to Rule of Rose where it will be semi-rare, but can be picked up for around $25. If you've got a Fred Meyer or Smith's Marketplace, you can pick it up for $29.97 + whatever % off clearance they currently have. Rogue Galaxy is destined to be around for some time.[/quote]

This is another fear I had - I can not find Odin Sphere in stock at any retailer here (Ames, IA), and I can imagine the situation where if I don't buy it for $40 right now off Amazon, I will be looking at a higher price in a few months from eBay.

I loved Rogue Galaxy for the 40 hours I spent on the main game, and while Odin Sphere certainly isn't bad, it didn't suck me in when I first started playing it.

Rogue Galaxy. Odin Sphere is good with some fantastic 2D sprites, but it gets really repetitive and there are some major slowdown issues during bossfights.

bread's done
Back