Odyssey 2

phoenix529

CAGiversary!
Feedback
71 (100%)
Finally found one on CL(and the guy lives in my town). He's kinda proud of it(haven't seen it yet) so it may not be too cheap(he didn't list an asking price), but its box is slightly showing age(no tears, no dents, just fading a bit on those edges)and everything inside(EVERYTHING it came with) is still wrapped in plastic. RarityGuide.com has them listed at NIB $410, CIB $130. Does this system count as NIB or CIB?

When he counter-offers my admittedly low $50, where should I draw the line? I won't re-sell it or anything, I just want it. And I don't want it CRAZY BAD, just want it. What do you guys think? What's it worth?

i don't know how RarityGuide.com establishes their values, but a quick peek on Ebay shows several complete Odyssey 2 systems, in box, selling for $50 and under, shipped, with plenty of games. if he doesn't accept that offer right off the bat, walk away and just buy one online.

i considered briefly that because his stuff "is still wrapped in plastic", that might warrant a slightly higher price, but i'm also factoring in that you "don't want it CRAZY BAD" which sounds like you'd be happy with one that was in the box and works, rather than a stellar, "fresh off the line" showpiece.

heck, offer him $30. when he starts going on and on about how fantastic his Odyssey is, give him the much-hated but always necessary "you know how much these are going for on Ebay?" line.

good luck!

I wouldn't trust that site for values. They list Earthbound as $128 loose, $389 complete, and $807 (!) sealed. fucking ridiculous.

Oh my god. They list sealed Chrono Trigger as $2174! I don't trust that site. They seem to be making shit up off the top of their heads.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']They list sealed Chrono Trigger as $2174! I don't trust that site. They seem to be making shit up off the top of their heads.[/QUOTE]

no wonder that banana-head on the Craigslist Stupidity thread wanted $777 for his bare cart.

Yeah some (most?) of their prices are ridiculous, but a few are pretty damn accurate about eBay listings. I noticed most Odyssey 2's go for $30-50 so I'm gonna try to skip the PITA of eBay and get one from this guy at that price.

bread's done
Back