Offensive LIVE names

The Dord

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I sorry if I am opening a whole can of worms, but why does Xbox Live let so many offensive LIVE names to go through?

There's some that frequent this site as well, and you know who you are! :lol:

well, i reckon microsoft doesn't pay someone to go through the names and read them. i also reckon they don't have to many people who know a damn thing about the xbox or xbox live. i had to call them yesterday, it took about 45 minutes and 5 diiferent people to tell me what i already knew, and then they had no solution for me. gee thanks. i seriously wondered if a few of them knew what an xbox 360 was.

my tag since day 1 of Xbox Live was "ThaXecutioner" and they made me change it after a year or two..now it has x's around it and it's fine...but I've seen tags like "bleedingtampon" and worse that still have their accounts. Talk about fairness.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']my tag since day 1 of Xbox Live was "ThaXecutioner" and they made me change it after a year or two..[/QUOTE] wow. their's nothing offensive about your name at all. but names like "dik breath" are all over the place. i think they only respond if someone complains. even so, your name isn't close to being offensive. thats weak ass shit by microsoft.

ThaXecutioner probably just was asked to be was forced to be changed because it was too close to another username. They went through a small time period where they were making people change their usernames based upon whether they were too similar to another name.

[quote name='shipwreck']ThaXecutioner probably just was asked to be was forced to be changed because it was too close to another username. They went through a small time period where they were making people change their usernames based upon whether they were too similar to another name.[/QUOTE]something tells me that went out the window pretty quick. hell eventually, we'd end up using our social security numbers as gamer tags.

Most of those offensive names are two-monthers. I know my friend constantly goes through his assortment of could-be-offensive names. His most recent: babysex. :lol:

Most of the offensive names don't last too long, although some get by. It depends upon how often that account gets used on games over Live. I would wager it's one of the most used feedbacks out of all of them, mostly because a legit bad name doesn't require looking over what transpired in a game or what some people say happened. I bet after a while most of it ends up like this...

[Cursing]
XBL Rep: "Hmmmm...lots of complaints, so it could be true. I guess we'll fire off the ol' warning e-mail to this guy and let him know what's up and all."

[Bad Name]
XBL Rep: "Hmmmm...lots of complaints. Let's see...ifeckgrannies...yup, that fits. Off you go, little 2-monther! See you in a bit!"

[quote name='shipwreck']ThaXecutioner probably just was asked to be was forced to be changed because it was too close to another username. They went through a small time period where they were making people change their usernames based upon whether they were too similar to another name.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought as well but I talked to Microsoft guys and even the message they sent me said it was because it was offensive.

somewhat on the same note...

i had to call Microsoft the other day to straighten out some account stuff and it's funny because they have to pronounce or attempt to your name...and after the lady did that i asked her "so i bet you have fun pronouncing alot of those names." she laughed and informed me that she had no problem with cussing and could probably out cuss a sailor but she said even she wouldn't read some of those names outloud.

that's got to be somewhat awkward..."ok sir, what's the gamertag you're having problems with?"
"umm...yeah...it's um....ifeckdedgrannies"

IIRC re: the Xecutioner's name tag, his tag was shut down without any advance notice.. at the time it was, the hostage/execution of Nick Berg over in Iraq or whereever, the one where he was beheaded, was big news. But yeah, it was total BS that he was forced to change his gamer tag.

Though I don't find any of them offensive I can at least see the logic with something about killing being a problem before something about tampons or poop. Now whether its gross is another story. :)

I agree, i've seen racist clan names like KKK type things and anti black names and clans. Ofcourse I reported but who know what actually happens.

[quote name='Greetard']Because they don't give a shit. Niether should you.[/QUOTE]

I seen one that was named Cupmyballs.. No Im not cupping your balls

LOL you are offended by my name? :roll:

It used to be SoCKmyCuCK but they made me change it.

FYI That's not my real XBL name. ;)

The Microsoft guy at Zero hour asked me what BukkakeFighter Meant :D

It has 2 meanings really, depends how sick your mind is

[quote name='$hady']LOL you are offended by my name? :roll:

It used to be SoCKmyCuCK but they made me change it.

FYI That's not my real XBL name. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, you were the one i was talking about, but if its not real.. :D :D

Why would anyone be offended over someone else's user name? It's just a name and if anything, it just points out what a douche the person using it is.

I chose "Brax0r" as a satire on the whole dated "1337 hax0r" schtick -- Brak + Hax0r = Brax0r.

Anyway, pertaining to this topic, I'm offended that after I registered "Brax0r" (that's with a zero), someone registered it with the letter "O". :/

bread's done
Back