Offer: Front Mission Online alpha registration code

masterh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
***EDIT 11/17: It's been given away!***

I got an email from Square-Enix inviting me to register for the alpha test of Front Mission Online, a new PC game. And I'm giving the registration code away!

"Dear SQUARE ENIX Fan,

As you may know, Front Mission® Online was recently released in Japan. Now the developers want to give you a chance to play it here in America through this special alpha test.

We're sending you this e-mail because we're interested in learning more about you as a possible candidate for this limited testing procedure.

If you'd like a chance to experience the Japanese version of Front Mission Online as well as testing if your Internet connection will work with the game, please go to :"

And listed here is the website for registration along with a login and password.
I ain't a PC gamer by any means. And since one of my sticks of RAM went bad recently, I don't even think my system is decent enough for the game. I'm offering this registration code to the first person who PMs me. However:
First, please, please be sure your computer is up to snuff. I don't know the system requirements for this game, but I'm guessing that if you can play HL2 or Doom 3, you should be good.
Second, I believe that you'll have to write an essay on the website about why you feel you should be chosen for the alpha test. Just keep that in mind.
I have no qualms about giving the code away, but I don't want it to go to waste :)

The code and passowrd look generic, so I will paste mine up for whoever wants to try it out.
heres the relevant info. I dont know if it will work for anyone or everyone. but it's worth a try. :p

"If you'd like a chance to experience the Japanese version of Front Mission Online as well as testing if your Internet connection will work with the game, please go to :

http://na.square-enix.com/fmoalpharegistration

*Although the game will be on a separate server from the retail version, some Japanese language skill may be helpful to progress through the game.

There, log into the application website with the following account information:

Username: fmoalpha
Password: 270R

To be considered for participation in the alpha test, you must completely fill out and submit the online application form no later than 10:00 a.m. PST on December 05, 2005.

I hope whoever uses it will come back here and give their impression of the game. Front Mission is the only square series I enjoy playing and would love to be in this myself, if they didn't require some JP language skills.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']The code and passowrd look generic, so I will paste mine up for whoever wants to try it out.
heres the relevant info. I dont know if it will work for anyone or everyone. but it's worth a try. :p

"If you'd like a chance to experience the Japanese version of Front Mission Online as well as testing if your Internet connection will work with the game, please go to :

http://na.square-enix.com/fmoalpharegistration

*Although the game will be on a separate server from the retail version, some Japanese language skill may be helpful to progress through the game.

There, log into the application website with the following account information:

Username: fmoalpha
Password: 270R

To be considered for participation in the alpha test, you must completely fill out and submit the online application form no later than 10:00 a.m. PST on December 05, 2005.

I hope whoever uses it will come back here and give their impression of the game. Front Mission is the only square series I enjoy playing and would love to be in this myself, if they didn't require some JP language skills.[/QUOTE]

Thanks a lot man, I just signed up! It's funny how they say you'll need "some" Japanese skills to play, and ask for a paragraph written in Japanese as to why you should be picked, when I bet they will just send testers the Japanese version anyway. So really, I don't know how useful it is to recruit semi-publicly (if I were them I'd just get the local UC or CSU college Japanese program to advertise this, so they'd be sure how much Japanese people knew). Either way, here's hoping I get in, cause I've been wanting to see how this plays since I heard about it last year!

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']so wait, the paragraph is supposed to be in Japanese?[/QUOTE]
"Please share your thoughts in Japanese as to why you should be chosen for the Front Mission Online alpha test. (Write about one paragraph.)"

So, yes

Ya I was all excited cause I love front mission and dont care if I can understand the story or not. When it got to the "write a paragraph in JP" part I was like :(. It said helpful but not neccesary.
I hope someone gets in and they will tell us how it is, I'm dying to know.

What I don't understand is that if its live in JP and they are playing it, then why are they asking for NA betatesters for the JP language? Why not beta testers for the translated version? Thats like beta testing a game that is already being sold. Makes no sense to me either.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']Thats like beta testing a game that is already being sold. Makes no sense to me either.[/QUOTE]

It's like playing anything SoE released ever!

Holy Shit! I was gonna sign up and then I was reading through what details the connection test sends. It is incredibly detailed, even down to the plug-ins I have installed for 3ds Max. fuck that man.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']
What I don't understand is that if its live in JP and they are playing it, then why are they asking for NA betatesters for the JP language? Why not beta testers for the translated version? Thats like beta testing a game that is already being sold. Makes no sense to me either.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping it means they are looking for ways to improve the finished Japanese product available there now, for the NA release. Also maybe to get raw impressions before spending too many resources on localisation?

I know the deadline is December 5, but I wish I knew when they'd let people know after that...ah well, I'll forget about it soon anyway.

bread's done
Back