Office 2007 Ultimate $60 for students!

Thanks this is very useful for me as I am an enrolled MIS student (getting cisco networking certificates on the side though). We use both Vista and office 07 a lot.

A lot of schools have the MSDN-AA that gives out free copies of Windows, Visual Studio, etc. However, they only give out a select few of the Office apps, and not Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Outlook. If you want these and don't want to pirate, this is probably the best price you're going to get unless your school or academic department has a special arrangement.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Has anyone actually gotten the site to work? I've put in my email and received nothing.[/QUOTE]
I haven't either. Something smells fishy about this.

Bleh, great deal for those who can get this, but I go to a community college and we have no school email and our campus store sucks.

Mine sells one version (not Ultimate) for $75. If others are able to get in on this, I will probably give it a shot.

EDIT: Said 10 hours as of 3:00 AM (CST).

I hope it's nothing that goes out quickly, as I will be in class at that time, and still in class for a couple hours after!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Wow, that is a great deal.

Except I probably still wouldn't pay it and keep using OpenOffice.[/quote]

I hate to say this, but there is definitely a difference between OO and Microsoft Office 2007. Really, it's a night and day difference between whether you prefer Office 97 or older and what Office is and should be. I find it fantastic and it really does increase productivity. I gave OO a lengthy test and it just can't compare or really compete with MS Office on the same level.

The website says you will have an option to order a physical copy during checkout, but I didn't see one to add to the order page. Will someone who has completed checkout let me know if it does offer this and how much?

Thanks
T

[quote name='umcthomas']The website says you will have an option to order a physical copy during checkout, but I didn't see one to add to the order page. Will someone who has completed checkout let me know if it does offer this and how much?

Thanks
T[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know.

Two questions.

First, do you have the option to have it physically sent to you instead of downloading it?

Second, does it break the rules if I get one and use it for both my computer as well as my fiancee's?

How long has it taken people to get their keys? I ordered two hours ago and have yet to receive an email with my registration key.

[quote name='Callandor']How long has it taken people to get their keys? I ordered two hours ago and have yet to receive an email with my registration key.[/quote]

They only send you one email receipt and the key is hidden in that email.

As far as a physical copy, the website says yes, you have the option to order, but there is no place to get one on the site. Given that the disk won't work without the key, you can just put the zip file on a cd and call that you "disk." You can write the key on the disk you make so you don't loose that either.

[quote name='iowaholdem']It says it's a perpetual licesnse. Does that mean its good forever?[/quote]
Yes...till they no longer support it and their new OS won't run it.

[quote name='umcthomas']They only send you one email receipt and the key is hidden in that email.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found it. It went to my junk mail. :bomb:

I got my email key almost immediately. Check your junk mail folder. I also requested a disc at the time of my order three days ago and just got a reply. They should send you a link where you can purchase the physical disc.

HERE IS THE LINK:
http://gc.digitalriver.com/servlet/ControllerServlet?Action=DisplayPage&Env=BASE&Locale=en_US&SiteID=wmp_phy&id=ProductDetailsPage&productID=81594400

This disc costs an additional $12.95 and the license is NOT included, so you will still need your email with the key.

I still have a downloaded copy and unused product key for someone without a ".edu" address who wants this at cost.

Thanks.

so if you want the disc it's 72.95?

When they send the disc is it actually a MS Disc I wonder, or just some burnt POS in a carboard sleeve

bread's done
Back