Office Depot 299 Xbox 360 after $50 mail in rebate

Shragen

CAG Veteran
My weekly flier for Office Depot has a deal of XBOX 360 from 349 to 299 with mail in rebate. Good only from 9/9/07 to 9/15/07 / this is from the Miami area. It is for the PRO with 20 GB

i saw this on another website too, awesome deal

but is it 299 flat, or is there a mail in rebate with this?

[quote name='fastc']i saw this on another website too, awesome deal

but is it 299 flat, or is there a mail in rebate with this?[/QUOTE]
Mail in rebate.

Be wary of Office Depot, I bought my comp. there and went through the whole process of the mail-in rebate. Needless to say I went through it all for nothing. All I got back in the mail was a letter about how the rebates were no good.

This might be a dumb question, but might Best Buy and/or Circuit City pricematch this ad? I know they're fairly competitive with one another, but would Office Depot be included? For the sake of argument let's assume there are B&M stores of each close enough to one another to make the idea plausible.

[quote name='mkelehan']And if you check their website, the 360 is $370. WTF, I say.[/quote]

Read his post completly, the offer will be valid from September 9th which is this Sunday.

Best Buy won't price match something that has a mail in rebate if they see that in the ad, can't speak for Circuit City.

Office depot sends me coupons, and i get %1(damn used to be %5) back with worklife rewards, if these have hdmi, i think i will bite. Thanks for the warning.

How much is shipping? Anyone know? The ad states that "shipping and handling additional" for the design your own xbox bundle.

I work at Office Depot and I would like to remind anyone who is interested that you order it at the store and they ship it to your home. Shipping is an additional fee.

When I first got my hands on the ad last week, my eyes almost popped out of my head. "We're selling 360's now?! It's only $299!" Then I saw it was after rebate. Then realized it was a CTO (configure to order) which meant you had to order it and then pay extra for shipping. I thought about my employee discount, but that would only have make up for shipping costs and I'd be back at square one.

So, just to sum it up: You have to pay $350 + tax + shipping, wait about 7-10 days for it to arrive at your home and then someday in about 3 months get a rebate check back. Not as great a deal as I first hoped when I saw that ad for the first time. And I have no idea if it has HDMI or not. I asked my manager and he said he had no way of knowing.

The company doesn't know its head from its ass anymore. They should know they piss more people off with their crazy shipping and handling with those CTO systems. It is so unethical.

[quote name='blueaurora']The company doesn't know its head from its ass anymore. They should know they piss more people off with their crazy shipping and handling with those CTO systems. It is so unethical.[/QUOTE]

The CTO laptops are shipped directly from China via Air, which you know is not cheap.

[quote name='sp00ge']Why is this posted twice, by the same person, in the same forum??[/QUOTE]
Sorry. I was trying to make an edit and I double posted it. Couldn't find a way to delete one of the posts.

I went to Office Depot earlier and asked them if they had these $299 XBOX 360s instore to which the reply was "No you have to do it online." Fair enough, I'll go home and buy it online...

Nope can't do that, it shows up but you can't add it to cart, button is missing.
Call contact number... They say this is some kind of Amazon thing and to call this 800 number... Call number... closed on sunday. Typical asswhip.

Back to store ask only guy at front register "I want to buy this. How can I do it?" Response is quick and professional... "It's a special order. I have someone who can help you, I will call them."

Great. Same guy who tells me it online only shows up... This time proceeds to enter the order into a computer and what not. WTF didnt he say this in the first place? Guess not many ppl are taking advantage of this deal.

-aallman72

FYI - Appearantly shipping is free on this deal as it is being shipped to the house and no charge was made on the reciept.

Mfg#: B4J-00107 - Microsoft Corporation, Microsoft XBOX 360 Platinum system with 20GB Hard Drive and HDMI

$349.99 + tax = $378.86 Total charge to card. - 50.00 Mail in Rebate $328.86.

Yeah, I get all sorts of coupon crap in the mail from them. I think I just got one for $30 off of my next online order of $150+. Too bad I don't need a second 360.

Meh. Sure there'll be a better deal the day after Thanksgiving, anyway.

bread's done
Back