Office Gift?

will52

CAGiversary!
This Friday I am finished a 4 month paid internship at an IT department in an unnamed organization. I still have a year left at school, and then I am hoping they will hire me (which they have mentioned). Overall it was a great experience and I wanted to thank them for that.

So CAG, what could I take on the last day as a thank you? I thought about lunch, but its 6-10 people and I'm a starving student. I had also considered some kind of coffee gift box thing from starbucks or something.

A thank you note to the CEO expressing your thanks and listing your accomplishments which helped improve his organization should be sufficient.

A thank you note sounds "sufficient" but gifts could help them remember you if you are trying to get hired.

[quote name='mission42']Donuts![/QUOTE]

i know i get excited anytime someone brings donuts to the office, and its a lot cheaper than lunch for 6 or so people.

Winner.

Nothing is better than when someone brings in a box of good donuts and/or cookies from a bakery.

Cupcakes or Cake would be my personal choice along with a Thank You card.

WTF, I didn't give anyone shit when I finished my internship. They gave me a free lunch and sent me off to Disney World the week after for a free vacation.

Seriously.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF, I didn't give anyone shit when I finished my internship. They gave me a free lunch and sent me off to Disney World the week after for a free vacation.

Seriously.[/QUOTE]

yeah but you had a job locked up. i believe the OP wants to leave a good impression while he finishes school.

I don't know if there's any near you, but you could try shopping at Spencer's Gifts?

Otherwise, I'd think a thank you card or something would work fine. Heck, people hardly do that as it is now (or at least it seems that way).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']yeah but you had a job locked up. i believe the OP wants to leave a good impression while he finishes school.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't. I didn't know until the last day of the formal internship that I had a full-time offer.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']WTF, I didn't give anyone shit when I finished my internship. They gave me a free lunch and sent me off to Disney World the week after for a free vacation.
Seriously.[/QUOTE]

The exact way it should be and normally is. It is going overboard to think you giving free stuff to these people you worked with is going to make more of impression than a thank-you card/email; on the contrary it shows desperation to be remembered.

bread's done
Back