Office Season 2 - $17.99 at Circuit City - Dead, back up to it's right price

Roufuss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
102 (100%)
Don't have alot of time, I know it's for $29.99 in the ad but it rings up $17.99 in store.

The shelf tag said $17.99.
The computer system said $17.99 (I couldn't find it, guy looked it up on his terminal and it came up $17.99)
The register said $17.99.
I paid for $17.99 for THE OFFICE SEASON 2 NEW RELEASE Today!

This SHOULD NOT be YMMV... hurry before CC fixs this!

I think they messed it up in their computer and put Season 2 at Season 1's price... this is a GREAT deal, it's MSRP is like $34.99 so it's 50% off!

hmm, cant go until after work, but its worth checking it out. thanks op

*update* I was able to get it at 4pm out here in california, just in time for the girlfriends birthday, thanks again.

shiiiit, i'm trapped in class from 12:30-1:45... then i have a two hour window... wonder if i can get to CC and back. you sure it's not ymmv? like your store mis-priced them?

i need confirmation!

thanks for the confirmation.

shit shit shit, i hope they don't fix it before im out later.

either of you guys think you can get a receipt scan up here, just to help our case if they do correct it? if you don't want to or can't it's fine, just curious.

Thanks!

CC hasn't open yet for me (that's what we get for living in the West Coast). Maybe I can check later when my brother has his appointment.

I suspect this will leak out to other sites soon...

Scored for 17.99.

I curse the man for convincing me to spend $70, but praise him for saving me $12. What a twisted relationship.

[quote name='Santurio']damn. Do they usually fix these things in the same day?[/QUOTE]

Last time CC had an error or a glitch it took them 2 or so days to fix it... none of the employees knew it was a misprice at all, so I don't know how fast they will catch on.

When the guy looked it up in the computer, I saw him select the $17.99 Office and I asked him "You're looking for Office Season 2, right?" and he said "Yep, sure am".

When he took me to them, it had TWO price tags for $17.99... I thought I'd have to fight it at the register but sure enough, it scans in at $17.99. None of the employees there knew how much it should have been or even bothers to read their ads so what a hell of a score this is.

If you want it though, I really wouldn't wait around a few days and I'd go today.

It's just too bad they didn't miss up on something like Grey's Anatomy as well.

Like I said in another CC thread where they had an error, it was only a matter of time before they fucked up again, they do this on a regular basis.

What's more hilarious is the people who put out the $17.99 sale signs aren't even cross checking to make sure it's correct to the ad.

are we sure it is mispriced...over the past couple of wks when I have gone into cc, there prices have been cheaper on new releases, then the ad. For example I got lost for about $10 cheaper then listed, and got a movie for $4 less.

[quote name='ryanbph']are we sure it is mispriced...over the past couple of wks when I have gone into cc, there prices have been cheaper on new releases, then the ad. For example I got lost for about $10 cheaper then listed, and got a movie for $4 less.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it's an error because Office Season 1 is $17.99 this week... someone or something must have crossed the two titles.

I mean, Office Season 2 is already the cheapest out of everyone at the ad price ($29.99), I don't know why CC would make it $12 cheaper and then not tell anyone, that would be some pretty shitty marketing. I'm going to go with an error somewhere, it's the only logical explanation.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']Blah, I want this. CC just opened. I don't know if I should bail work to go get this.[/QUOTE]

You'll regret if it the catch on by tonight and raise it back up.

Go for it ;)

Office is an EXCELLENT showand 22 episodes for $17.99 is a STEAL, considering Season 1 was around the same price and only had 6 episodes.

No go at mine.

I swear Roufuss, every damn CC deal you have? I never get in on.

Oh well, I picked up the S1/2 at BB.

[quote name='Strell']No go at mine.

I swear Roufuss, every damn CC deal you have? I never get in on.

Oh well, I picked up the S1/2 at BB.[/QUOTE]

Huh... maybe they already fixed it? This shouldn't be YMMV since it was in their computer system at $17.99 and people across the US were getting in on it.

Well like I said, getting 1 + 2 at most places would run me 35 or so even with this deal, and since it was 43 for both sets over at BB with some funky little extras, no big loss.

[quote name='Roufuss']Go for it ;)[/QUOTE]And that's just what I did :) It didn't look like it was close to being fixed, as it had the large sale tags stating it was $17.99. The season 1 sets were right next to them, but they just had some handwritten sales tag with no price on them. (The price tag said $22.99 for those.)

Just picked up 2 of them at the Northpoint CC (Alpharetta, GA), leaving one on the shelf. I got there, asked the friendly media girl that's always there where it was, and she took me there, saying, "And... it's $17."

Thank you, cute media girl!

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']And that's just what I did :) It didn't look like it was close to being fixed, as it had the large sale tags stating it was $17.99. The season 1 sets were right next to them, but they just had some handwritten sales tag with no price on them. (The price tag said $22.99 for those.)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I wonder how CC stays afloat.

Even when I worked at K-Mart, the shittiest of all retail stores, we were required to check the tags with the ad to make sure everything was in sync so something like this didn't happen.

My CC has been using alot of handwritten tags lately too... it's very sloppy, imo.

I'm glad though alot of people are getting in on this, I had to use the computer in my college's adminstration building to put up this deal, and I don't think accessing CAG would sit too well with them. But hey, some deals can't wait until later, right ;)

[quote name='Strell']Well like I said, getting 1 + 2 at most places would run me 35 or so even with this deal, and since it was 43 for both sets over at BB with some funky little extras, no big loss.[/QUOTE]btw, how were the extras? I was kinda curious about that since it included Season 1 (which I still don't have), but this deal was hard to pass on.

Confirmed in the Waterford Lakes CC in Orlando, FL about an hour and a half ago. Guy also hooked me up with a bunch of miscellaneous freebies from the drawer including a ticket for Beerfest. I forgot that there were supposed to be free cell phone games with purchase of The Office s2 at CC, but I think I've been in that store enough times today including my being there before class to buy SW.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks for posting. I picked one up, they didn't have any tags or signs and it was on the bottom shelf. But it rang up as posted thanks alot

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']btw, how were the extras? I was kinda curious about that since it included Season 1 (which I still don't have), but this deal was hard to pass on.[/QUOTE]

Well they come in a big neat little cardboard box, which would make a nice storage space for small items. What I mean is that it won't fit on a media shelf too easily/well, but it would be a fun thing to put, say, memory cards in or something if you just have them loose.

There's two small paper notepads and a pen, so no big deal there. Then a magnet that says "Dwight K. Shrute, Asisstent to the Regional Manager." So that's kinda fun.

Then there's a small day planner sort of thing, and inside it is a bunch of funky little artwork and notes scribbled in that are pertinent to the show. So quotes from various characters, things like "LUNCH@HOOTERS," etc etc. So it's pretty cool.

I mean it's kind of like the Office Space thing (oddly and punnily enough). It's just kinda neat to have around. I'm a big fan of the show so I'm enjoying it.

I'd tell someone with S1, though, to get in on this deal, rather than go to BB for this little set. You know, for CAGness sake. :)

I'll try to take a picture or two later on.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']i could care less... now if htey did that with greys anatomy... my gf would love u forever/.[/quote]

You COULDN'T care less.

i picked it up...and the told the cashier about the price mistake...thinking i should've kept my mouth shut...but surprisingly..HE ARGUED WITH ME...saying ya we put it on sale like that...i continually argued with him but he was firm in his side...oh well, CC's loss. my gain through selling the last copy that was in stores on EBAY! wooooo

Got mine too :) Foster City, CA.

But they actually have their copies of S2 on the shelf, with a tag displaying 17.99. So who knows...maybe CC wants to not advertise this and lose money on it...

[quote name='animemaniac14']i picked it up...and the told the cashier about the price mistake...thinking i should've kept my mouth shut...but surprisingly..HE ARGUED WITH ME...saying ya we put it on sale like that...i continually argued with him but he was firm in his side...oh well, CC's loss. my gain through selling the last copy that was in stores on EBAY! wooooo[/QUOTE]
dude... what the crap is your problem.

bread's done
Back