OFFICIAL 2005 Yardsale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zon - I used to rent North and South all the time back in the day! I've had my eye out for it, but no score yet. Nice find! :)

[quote name='snotknocker']i've never seen a TG system and maybe a game or 2. SCD is scarce as well and when you do find one it's overpriced[/QUOTE]

i wish i knew about the scd, i have three right know, i have quit getting them, i only have so many tvs, lol

i have noticed soomething on this thread, depending what part of country you are in depneds on the games and systyms you find, here in the south i find we have a lot more gen and stuff like that, not so much of the rare stuff, like tg or 3do, might be a culture thing

i know i have had a blast looking this yardsale season, and here in the south we go almost to december, but i thinking of selling everything i have found and starting over next season, i have over 500 games 400 of them on yardsales, pawn shops, fleamarkets, what do you guys think, to me it is a challenge, see what i can do each year to top the last

Sega Genesis Model 1
Sega CD with Base Extender
$5.00

Decided to go to a Swap Meet today. People seriously want rediculous prices from alot of stuff. Prices for an N64 with basic hookups ranged from 35-60 dollars which is rediculous since they are only 14.99 at Gamestop.com! Anyhow I wandered into one of the bigger tents in the back. Her area seriously was just a huge rummage sale. I spotted the Genesis with Sega CD. She told me it was 8 dollars. I talked her down to 5 since it didn't have any power adapters of AV hookups, and she agreed. Not a bad price coming from a Flea Market, but probably a little too high comparing it to most of the Garage Sale Genesis finds.

[quote name='evilmax17']Heh! You and Snot in the same week! One day Sega CD...ONE DAY!!! *shakes fist at sky*[/QUOTE]

Haha, I was surprised when you said you hadn't found one this garage sale season, it seems like you've gotten so many Genesis Consoles you would think one of them would have had a SCD attatched to it.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Not a bad price coming from a Flea Market, but probably a little too high comparing it to most of the Garage Sale Genesis finds.[/QUOTE]

$5 is a really good price for a flea market IMO. I saw a model one genesis marked $8 even at a yardsale afew weeks ago.

Ok this is enough. Evilmax17 and others you need to stop. You are just buying too much stuff. Your finds are spectacular and mine are meager in comparison. You guys have all the luck so I am asking you guys to stop. You make people feel terrible that they got a N64 for $10 and you got it for $.50 with 45 games. Let other people find the bargins. Please? The best I found was a DDR mat for $6 while you found 4 gold bars in your box of Suikodens that you paid $3 for. You have enough riches, let others get a chance.

I bet they've looked around much more than you have. Why not take advantage of the fact they're investing time into this? They deserve it =\

I wish I could have found things like that this season >_>
And I had no idea Sega CD's were hard to find - They've been so ubiquotuous that I've just passed on them =\

[quote name='dtarasev']Ok this is enough. Evilmax17 and others you need to stop. You are just buying too much stuff. Your finds are spectacular and mine are meager in comparison. You guys have all the luck so I am asking you guys to stop. You make people feel terrible that they got a N64 for $10 and you got it for $.50 with 45 games. Let other people find the bargins. Please? The best I found was a DDR mat for $6 while you found 4 gold bars in your box of Suikodens that you paid $3 for. You have enough riches, let others get a chance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='ThePlatinumStag']I bet they've looked around much more than you have.
And I had no idea Sega CD's were hard to find - They've been so ubiquotuous that I've just passed on them =\[/QUOTE]

I saw one for $8 on saturday, but didn't buy it because it didn't have the hookups, games, nor controllers. Also, I bought Unreal Championship for XBOX for $3 at a flea market.

[quote name='dtarasev']Ok this is enough. Evilmax17 and others you need to stop. You are just buying too much stuff. Your finds are spectacular and mine are meager in comparison. You guys have all the luck so I am asking you guys to stop. You make people feel terrible that they got a N64 for $10 and you got it for $.50 with 45 games. Let other people find the bargins. Please? The best I found was a DDR mat for $6 while you found 4 gold bars in your box of Suikodens that you paid $3 for. You have enough riches, let others get a chance.[/QUOTE]

I haven't found much to brag about either, but the fact that they do repeatedly gives me hope and knowledge that the stuff is out there, all I have to do is look. The more they find the more encouraged I am to look harder. I say if you find a great deal let us know!

Here's my only find today.

A 15" LCD monitor for $3. I don't know if it works, it needs a power adaptor. I've done some research and haven't found too many of those adaptors. Here's the type of adaptor: Li Shin LSE9802A1240. The only one I've found has been on ebay.

If if works, I'll try out a dual monitor setup. I didn't find any game related items at any of the sales I went to. Oh well, I need to save my money since DDS2 is coming out in a few days.

[quote name='erehwon']Here's my only find today.

A 15" LCD monitor for $3. I don't know if it works, it needs a power adaptor. I've done some research and haven't found too many of those adaptors. Here's the type of adaptor: Li Shin LSE9802A1240. The only one I've found has been on ebay.

If if works, I'll try out a dual monitor setup. I didn't find any game related items at any of the sales I went to. Oh well, I need to save my money since DDS2 is coming out in a few days.[/QUOTE]
Hopefully the adapater is %900 more than the LCD, because from what I know they aren't that cheap.

The adaptor is $34 on ebay right now. The guy also wants $10 to ship. I might have to get this one, since I've haven't seen any others for sale.

I am just wondering, how many of each system do you guys have, because I have seen you guys buy over 20 NES systems on here... I mean how many do you need. And do you keep em all, or sell or what?

[quote name='Xale']I am just wondering, how many of each system do you guys have, because I have seen you guys buy over 20 NES systems on here... I mean how many do you need. And do you keep em all, or sell or what?[/QUOTE]
Lets see, my girlfriend and I both have combined:

8 NESes
6 original Game Boys
7? Genesis (2 model 1, 5 model 2, i think)
4 Super Nintendo (all model 1)
2 Dreamcast
2 GBA
2 GBC
2 GCN
2 N64
2 NDS
2 Panasonic 3DO FZ-1
2 TI-99
2 TG16
1 TGCD
2 Xbox (1 needs a new dvd drive)
1 Atari 2600
1 Coleco Telstar
1 Game Gear
1 Intellivision
1 Jaguar
1 Sega Master System
1 Playstation
1 Playstation 2
1 Saturn
1 Virtual Boy

That's total, not just from what we got from YSing (although most of the duplicate systems are from YS)

We buy the systems to keep, but that varies from person to person. I just love videogame naustalgia, and the more of this stuff I can have (even if it's duplicate), the better. What do we do with all the duplicates?

I think they make nice decoration :)

We don't have our own place yet, but we're planning on having one killer gameroom, with full display cases and tons of shelving. All of these systems will make a nice effect I think. Plus, if one breaks, we have tons to spare!

Just from garage sales, not including my original collection Ive obtained:

2 Genesis (Model 1, Model 3)
5 NES
1 SNES
1 Atari XE
1 Atari 2600
1 Atari 5200 Boxed
1 32x Boxed
1 SMS Boxed
1 Panzer Dragoon Saga (Thought Id throw that in considering its probably worth more then all of the above).

Everything seems to work, although I have not tested the 32x or the XE.

To answer your question, I plan to give away at least 2 of the NES (they all came with controllers), and sell the rest on Ebay or to CAG's who need it.) The rest, I plan to keep.

I was just curious. What systems were you guys hoping to find this season? I've been trying to find a Sega Saturn, but it seems that no one in my area has one or has ever heard of it. I would love to come across a Neo Geo AES at a sale, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. That would be a good canidate for find of the year if some one found one of those.

I've also been looking around for a broken xbox. If just the dvd drive needs to be replaced, I don't imagine that would be to hard.

Ok you garage sale regulars, I've got a quick question. There is a Garage Sale that was advertsied on Craigslist that is a pretty much out of my way and in an area where I wouldn't normally go to check garage sales. But this sale has advertised Sega Master System, Sega + Sega CD, Atari 7800, and Playstation games. I decided to email the person to see if I could get prices or anything really before I go out of my way to just go to that sale this saturday. She finally replies with pictures, but nothing as far as prices yet, she also said she was going to give me a full inventory of the games so I know what they would have (But this hasn't happened yet). Here are the pictures:

What do you guys think would be a good price range to offer for the whole lot (game stuff only of course)?

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Ok you garage sale regulars, I've got a quick question. There is a Garage Sale that was advertsied on Craigslist that is a pretty much out of my way and in an area where I wouldn't normally go to check garage sales. But this sale has advertised Sega Master System, Sega + Sega CD, Atari 7800, and Playstation games. I decided to email the person to see if I could get prices or anything really before I go out of my way to just go to that sale this saturday. She finally replies with pictures, but nothing as far as prices yet, she also said she was going to give me a full inventory of the games so I know what they would have (But this hasn't happened yet). Here are the pictures:

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/43332c5ezed6b2839/.8e99/__sr_/8c6e.jpg?ph4cFPDBpZWqTaQM

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/43332c5ezed6b2839/.8e99/__sr_/63a1.jpg?ph4cFPDBTEBS9l_v

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/43332c5ezed6b2839/.8e99/__sr_/a470.jpg?ph3cFPDBiaIeDghy

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/43332c5ezed6b2839/.8e99/__sr_/bbdb.jpg?ph3cFPDBHIa4pjlA

What do you guys think would be a good price range to offer for the whole lot (game stuff only of course)?[/QUOTE]
Pics don't work. Either transload or save-rehost with imageshack.

Quite the dilemma you have. You know this lady has tons of stuff, but its out of the way, which is a huge tradeoff. It's hard to haggle with somebody over email, especially since you're not there in person. The ball is pretty much all in her court, and if she's savy enough to know how to use CL, she probably knows how to use ebay as well.

It's a really tough call. It sounds like she has really nice stuff, but you could show up there and find a $70 pricetag on each system.

Good luck.

Edit: Hrm, not too many games. I'd start at $10 and wouldn't go higher than $30, and I wouldn't be too thrilled to pay the $30. If the Master System games are all complete and in decent shape, then $20 wouldn't be too bad I suppose. $10 would be the sweet spot though. I'd expect that she'd want more than that, and I'm more of a low baller than most.

It might not be worth the drive, but then again you might not find anything else.

I restate my "tough call".

[quote name='evilmax17']Pics don't work. Either transload or save-rehost with imageshack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know, they've been rehosted.

Also, its hard to tell, but I think all of the wiring for the game stuff is inside the aquarium in the second picture.

[quote name='erehwon']I was just curious. What systems were you guys hoping to find this season? I've been trying to find a Sega Saturn, but it seems that no one in my area has one or has ever heard of it. I would love to come across a Neo Geo AES at a sale, but I'm not holding my breath for that one. That would be a good canidate for find of the year if some one found one of those.

I've also been looking around for a broken xbox. If just the dvd drive needs to be replaced, I don't imagine that would be to hard.[/QUOTE]
I'd like another Saturn, haven't seen any hardware though (and only 2 games) all season.

JagCD, but it seems doubtful.

Sega CD (which only seem to be rare in MA).

CD-i, never seen one of these in person.

Atari 2600/5200/7800 - Only have 1 2600, and haven't seen any of them anywhere (I think everyone already sold theirs, I've heard that from a lot of people).

Another Virtual Boy would be great, especially since mine is broken.

Neo Geo CD (heh)

Neo Geo AES (HAH! The Holy Grail)

Edit: 32X also. Saw one early in the season, but it was dirty and overpriced.

[quote name='evilmax17']I'd like another Saturn, haven't seen any hardware though (and only 2 games) all season.

JagCD, but it seems doubtful.

Sega CD (which only seem to be rare in MA).

CD-i, never seen one of these in person.

Atari 2600/5200/7800 - Only have 1 2600, and haven't seen any of them anywhere (I think everyone already sold theirs, I've heard that from a lot of people).

Another Virtual Boy would be great, especially since mine is broken.

Neo Geo CD (heh)

Neo Geo AES (HAH! The Holy Grail)

Edit: 32X also. Saw one early in the season, but it was dirty and overpriced.[/QUOTE]

I've passed on both a CD-I (i think it was one) and a Sega CD. They wanted $30 for the Sega, even though it was covered in drywall dust. I picked up a complete JVC X'Eye (genesis / CD combo unit) for $10 and that was the only other Sega CD unit I've seen this season. The people with the CD-I wanted $25 and I didn't think I could talk them down. Also, I can't really think of any worthwhile games for that system. I've also seen a CD-I in a box on trash night a while back, but it was opened up and I didn't feel like grabbing it.

SNOT. YOUR GAME IS ON THE WAY, LEFT FROM POST OFFICE AT 8AM TODAY, SORRY TOOK SO LONG,been very busy, let me know when you get it

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Ok you garage sale regulars, I've got a quick question. There is a Garage Sale that was advertsied on Craigslist that is a pretty much out of my way and in an area where I wouldn't normally go to check garage sales. But this sale has advertised Sega Master System, Sega + Sega CD, Atari 7800, and Playstation games. I decided to email the person to see if I could get prices or anything really before I go out of my way to just go to that sale this saturday. She finally replies with pictures, but nothing as far as prices yet, she also said she was going to give me a full inventory of the games so I know what they would have (But this hasn't happened yet).[/QUOTE]

I would go for the SMS stuff myself I would probably even end up buying it even if it wasen't dirt cheap as long as they didn't expect to get what they could make on eBay or close to at a yardsale. It's well worth taking a look into if your interested in SMS IMO. I see Phantasy Star :) I also see Zillion 1 & 2 which are both good games, Altered Beast and last but not least Aztec Adventure which I used to play all the time as I had it way back when it came out.

I finally found a saturn today. I went out after class and checked out an older neighborhood. I was nearly finished with that addition was going to pass on this sale, but I decided to stop anyways. I noticed the saturn marked for $10 but asked $5 because of the condition. The lady was fine with that.

It did come with one game. I haven't tried to power up the system just yet. I really need to clean it. It smells of dog. I'm allergic to dogs so I don't want to take that near my room.

The other game I picked up for $2. At a sale I hit before this addition, I found that guide and the manual for starcraft for $0.40.

I also got a nice suprise when I got home. On the answering machine was a message from a possible employer wanting to talk with me. It was for a part time IT job my school had informed me of a few days ago. That'll be a lot better than working a retail job.

Today started off pretty dull with a 5 hour database class, but it ended pretty well. :)

well hit some pawn shops today

earth worm jim 3d complete 4
super off road
f-zero
both cartridge only 1 a peice

duke nukem land of babes 3 complete

had a chance a wild arms 2 almost brand new and complete for 7.50, but thwy wouldnt budge on the price, first told me was 5 but since was 2 disc went up on price, pissed me off and would not bargin, even with cif method, oh well there is always tommorow

[quote name='erehwon']I finally found a saturn today. I went out after class and checked out an older neighborhood. I was nearly finished with that addition was going to pass on this sale, but I decided to stop anyways. I noticed the saturn marked for $10 but asked $5 because of the condition. The lady was fine with that.[/QUOTE]
Congrats erehwon! I remember you talking about that in the very first pages of this thread, and it's funny that you got one after we were just talking about it again.

Heh, hate to break it to you though, but the game in your Saturn is a PC game. Still, nice to finally get the system. :)

Hey camelking, are you hitting the sales this weekend? I remember you saying that you've been working overtime at your job for the past couple weeks.

[quote name='evilmax17']Heh, hate to break it to you though, but the game in your Saturn is a PC game. :)
[/QUOTE]
:dunce: Why didn't I notice that? Oh well. I do have one game for the system. How's Shinning the Holy Ark?

I hit most of the Garage Sales open on Friday here in Austin, and while I didn't find anything game related I did pick up a couple things.

Cds:
Live- Mental Jewelry
Live- Throwing Copper
Spin Doctors- Pocket Full of Kryptonite

$0.50 a piece

2 cans of tennis balls for $0.50 ( got them for juggling whenever I'm bored)

4 NFL themed stuffed animals. It's the mascot dressed up in a jersey and team helmet. Like a lion dressed in a Detroit jersey and helmet. Got a Lions, Bears, Colts, and Dolphins. Lady wanted a buck a piece, got all four for $2.

And then I stopped by Half Price Books afterwards and picked up Aladdin for the Genesis for $3 complete. Kind of expensive, but I've always wanted the game.

The only video game related thing I saw was an original gameboy without any games or batteries for $7. The woman sounded very proud to be allowing someone to buy it for $7, so I didn't even try to lowball.

I plan on going throughout many neighborhoods tomorrow to see if I can find anything else.

Last, I want ya'lls opinion about an sale in the paper. I'm thinking not about going based on what the sale says.

"Collectables Sale (misspelling in ad not me)- Nintendo, games, Atari, china, glass, housewares, toys, silver plate, etc." The print is also in bold face.

The reasons I don't think I should make the trip are:
A) it's on the other side of town and I would have to wake up super early to get there when it opens
B) If the ad states Nintendo and Atari as collectibles, I have a feeling that they will think to highly of them and they'll be too expensive.
C) The only other times I've seen nintendo/video games listed in an ad, they seem to want too much for the games.

So, what do you'll think?

[quote name='evilmax17']

Hey camelking, are you hitting the sales this weekend? I remember you saying that you've been working overtime at your job for the past couple weeks.[/QUOTE]

you bet your rabbit ears:D , i am going to bed in about 20 minutes, i feel lucky, i have about 4 church sales and a couple comunity sales. i am off all weekend, for the first time in 2 months so i will be out till i run out of money or gas:)

[quote name='Whambamm']Last, I want ya'lls opinion about an sale in the paper. I'm thinking not about going based on what the sale says.

"Collectables Sale (misspelling in ad not me)- Nintendo, games, Atari, china, glass, housewares, toys, silver plate, etc." The print is also in bold face.

The reasons I don't think I should make the trip are:
A) it's on the other side of town and I would have to wake up super early to get there when it opens
B) If the ad states Nintendo and Atari as collectibles, I have a feeling that they will think to highly of them and they'll be too expensive.
C) The only other times I've seen nintendo/video games listed in an ad, they seem to want too much for the games.

So, what do you'll think?[/QUOTE]
Tough call. It's definately a gamble, with you trading off potential quality for time. When we look at advertised sales we play the analization game too, but you really never know. It could turn out to be some sweet old lady who just wants the stuff out of her house (and the word "collectable" doesn't necessarily mean "overpriced").

Depending on how far it actually is, it might be worth checking out. A good strategy might be to check it later in the day (noonish). If they had the stuff marked high, they'd be more willing to mark their stuff down later rather than earlier. Of course, you run the risk of the stuff being cheap to begin with, and havign somebody else buy it first.

The dilemnia with stuff like this is that you can try to make assumptions with the little data that you have, but it doesn't really add up to anything. It's all 100% random with absolutely no rhyme or reason, but you do your best with educated guesses.

Depends on how far it is. If you end up going, you'll either come back with some nice stuff or a good story about how overpriced it was. If you don't go, just tell yourself "it would've been too expensive anyway" and don't dwell on it.

Good luck!

[quote name='evilmax17']Tough call. It's definately a gamble, with you trading off potential quality for time. When we look at advertised sales we play the analization game too, but you really never know. It could turn out to be some sweet old lady who just wants the stuff out of her house (and the word "collectable" doesn't necessarily mean "overpriced").

Depending on how far it actually is, it might be worth checking out. A good strategy might be to check it later in the day (noonish). If they had the stuff marked high, they'd be more willing to mark their stuff down later rather than earlier. Of course, you run the risk of the stuff being cheap to begin with, and havign somebody else buy it first.

The dilemnia with stuff like this is that you can try to make assumptions with the little data that you have, but it doesn't really add up to anything. It's all 100% random with absolutely no rhyme or reason, but you do your best with educated guesses.

Depends on how far it is. If you end up going, you'll either come back with some nice stuff or a good story about how overpriced it was. If you don't go, just tell yourself "it would've been too expensive anyway" and don't dwell on it.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I know videogames and filing cabinets aren't that similar, but the idea works both ways....

Earlier this month my mother found some filing cabinets worth over $300 at an Salvation Army store NIB for about 1/3rd of the original price. They usually lower the prices of things that dont sell well. She waited two weeks and sent me back to get them, well, they were sold. An amazing deal blown just to try to save a couple of bucks. ( But where the hell was she going to put the huge monstrosities anyway) Usually when I see a deal I know is good I end up paying full price not wanting to risk loosing the item trying to save a few $ but I've found I only due this because I am extremely paranoid when it comes to things I want. And so far my behavior has always been justified.

[quote name='evilmax17']Lets see, my girlfriend and I both have combined:

8 NESes
6 original Game Boys
7? Genesis (2 model 1, 5 model 2, i think)
4 Super Nintendo (all model 1)
2 Dreamcast
2 GBA
2 GBC
2 GCN
2 N64
2 NDS
2 Panasonic 3DO FZ-1
2 TI-99
2 TG16
1 TGCD
2 Xbox (1 needs a new dvd drive)
1 Atari 2600
1 Coleco Telstar
1 Game Gear
1 Intellivision
1 Jaguar
1 Sega Master System
1 Playstation
1 Playstation 2
1 Saturn
1 Virtual Boy

That's total, not just from what we got from YSing (although most of the duplicate systems are from YS)

We buy the systems to keep, but that varies from person to person. I just love videogame naustalgia, and the more of this stuff I can have (even if it's duplicate), the better. What do we do with all the duplicates?

I think they make nice decoration :)

We don't have our own place yet, but we're planning on having one killer gameroom, with full display cases and tons of shelving. All of these systems will make a nice effect I think. Plus, if one breaks, we have tons to spare![/QUOTE]

Ok, that is a hell of a lot of systems, now, are there any that you don't have??

Well, I did end up going to the sale with the advertised Nintendo and Atari, and boy am I glad I did. It ended up being the only sale I went to.

I ended up spending $70, but I feel it's justified.

I got:
2 Sega Master Systems with the hookups and a controller and gun a piece, with 8 games
1 NES with all the hookups, 2 controllers and a lightgun.
Shinobi III genesis complete
and then a box of 71 NES games

Here's the list:

SMB3 x4
SMB/DH x 4
SMB2
Tetris
Rescue Rangers
Excitebike
Wrestlemania
Rambo
Jaws
Bart vs. Space Mutants
Back to the Future II & III
Top Gun
Marble Madness
Batman
The Adventures of Link
The Legend of Zelda(with a working battery, thank god)
Kid Icarus
Adv. of Bayou Billy
Dr. Mario
Ghostbusters
Smash TV
Mystery Quest
Paperboy
Q bert
Gauntlet
Tiger Heli
Golf
Jack Nicklaus Golf
Burgertime
Athena
Spy Hunter
10-yard Fight
Side Pocket
Double Dribble
3-D World Runner
Yo Noid
RBI Baseball (tengen)
Alien Syndrome
Adventure Island
Popeye
Al Unser JR. Turbo Racing
Rad Racer
Rad Racer II
R.C. Pro Am
Ducktales
The Immortal
Goal!
Pac-Mania(tengen)
Donkey Kong Classics
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Mike Tyson's Punchout
Knight Rider
Cabal
Ironsword
Dragon Warrior
Dragon Warrior II
Hook
Rocky and Bullwinkle
The Little Mermaid
Yoshi's Cookie
Hoops
Defender II
Bill Elliot's NASCAR
Tecmo Bowl
Mega Man 5 (CIB)

Pretty good if I may say so myself. Sure it's not evilmax and moiety cheap, but I'm happy

1 Dragon Warrior (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Megaman 2 (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Startropics (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Double Dragon 2 (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Double Dragon 3 (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Flying Dragon: The Secret Scroll (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Mike Tyson's Punch Out! (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Fester's Quest (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Pinbot (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Faxanadu (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Mario/Duck Hunt (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 WCW Wrestling (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Blades of Steel (cart only)
1 Skulls 'n' Crossbones (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Dick Tracy (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Bases Loaded (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 The Legend of Kage (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Totally Rad (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 The Legend of Zelda manual (NES)
1 Hacksaw Jim Duggan foam 2 x 4
Paid: $5

1 Nintendo Action Set box (w/ styrofoam, inserts, and plastic bags)
1 NES console (w/ hookups, voltage-select power supply)
2 NES controllers
1 NES Zapper
1 Super Mario Bros. 2 (NES, missing manual)
1 The Legend of Zelda (NES, missing map)
1 Top Gun (NES, cart + rental case)
1 Jaws (NES, cart + rental case)
1 Road Runner (NES, cart + rental case)
1 Gotcha (NES, cart only)
1 Mario/Duck Hunt (NES, cart only)
1 Mighty Bomb Jack (NES, cart only)
1 Hogan's Alley (NES, cart only)
1 Mario 3 (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Wheel of Fortune (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Gyromite (NES, cart + sleeve)
1 Popeye (NES, cart only)
Paid: $15

1 King's Quest VI (sealed, wrapping ripped on side and bottom)
Paid: $1

1 Nobunaga's Ambition (NES, cart only)
1 Swords and Serpents (NES, cart only)

1 Shinobi III (GEN, missing manual)
1 Golden Axe (GEN, missing manual)

1 Dynamite Heddy (GEN, missing manual)
1 Streets of Rage II (GEN, cart only)

1 Primal Rage (GEN, cart only)
Paid: 25 cents

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well we had quite a day! We hit 55 sales, almost reaching our record of 60. There were tons of sales all over the place. It was NES after NES scores at first, then we got a few Sega scores late in the day. All in all, we made the most number of separate purchases today than any other week.

We worked our early schedule around a sale starting at 9 that advertised "video game sets". Arriving there 5 minutes after it started, the elderly woman running the sale said they didn't have any video games. We asked if she had advertised them, to which she responded "yes". "Already sold them, eh?" She said yes. A normal person would've just told us that in the first place. Bah.

About 10-15 minutes later, we came across the house with the Hacksaw Jim Duggan foam. We didn't even see the games at first, but noticed a paper bag filled with NES games (which we later saw said "$3 Each Nintendo Tapes"). We offered $5 for the games and foam, and the woman said, "Isn't that kind of low?". We said "no", and she said, "Ok" and accepted our money. ::shrug:: That was easy!

Then we arrived at a house that had a GameDr, so we inquired about games. The mother sent her daughter in to check and asked us how much we usually pay for games. We replied, "Usually 50 cents to $1 per game." Then she said, "Oh. Well, a guy before you came and paid $2 a game." The way she said it was as if it never happened, i.e. she didn't want to sell them to us for that price. They also had a 3-shelf Star Wars: ROTJ bookcase (about 5 feet high) for $10. It looked old, like it was for a kid's bedroom. The shelves and sides were white, with the ROTJ logo painted on the sides. Looking at the shelves, the backboard had 3 different images from the movie on the wood, 1 per row. She went on about how it was going to be worth something someday, and wouldn't go lower than $8. I wanted it, but for no more than $5. I left feeling a little sad. It was a cool item, but I just couldn't go that high.

Around noon, we hit up an unadvertised sale that was easily skippable (sort of out of the way), but I had a feeling about going there. Sure enough, this is where we picked up the boxed NES and games. There was a couple in their late 30's and an older woman running the sale. They wanted to sell the boxed NES for $20 and the games for $15. We asked if they were willing to negotiate, looked everything over, and offered $10 for everything. They were hesitant, so we talked with them for a bit about how the games were common and the NES was yellowed (and boy is it yellow - they used to smoke). Finally the woman said $15 for everything and wouldn't budge. We tried offering $13 but to no avail. The older woman kept yelling "$15! $15!" For another boxed NES, plus another boxed Zelda and a boxed Mario 2, I'd say it's pretty good. The system and controllers are badly yellowed, so we'll probably put one of our nicer NES's in there. While not an amazing score, we're happy with it.

It sure is starting to get cold up here, though! I was wearing my usual yardsale gear, but had to bring along a sweater. Kinda depressing, but the sales are still going strong! We're hoping to squeeze out at least another month before retiring for the winter. Hope you all had a great day!

I decided to go rummaging for games today, so I went to at least 5-15 rummages hoping at least 1 would have some video games, so I went one after another, and after 3 hours of searching, found nothing which totally sucks...

I looked through the paper online to get some ads so I went to some of them, and they all sucked, any CAG's have tips of what to look for in an ad or how to find good rummages so I doubt end up wasting time and gas again?

Bentley Compu-Vision (With Box)
Paid $1.00

Bubsy 3D (PS1 Complete)
Paid $0.50

Luigi's Mansion (GCN Complete)
Pikmin (GCN Complete)
Worms Blast (GCN Complete)
Dragon Ball Z Budokai (GCN Complete)
Super Mario Sunshine (GCN No Instructions)
Paid $10.00

Stan Lee's Mutants, Monsters & Marvels (with Kevin Smith)
Paid $1.00

Started the day out by mapping some sales on M$ Streets and Trips. I had about 20 sales mapped out, which mostly all started at 8:00 am. Two of the sales started at 7:00am, so when my brother arrived from driving down from his house, it was about 6:50 and we left.

The first one was down the street from me and ended being the home of an old friend from high school who is now going to school up North. I talked to his mom for a while and bought a pretty nice stereo cabinet off them for $20.00. I Have been looking for a cheap cabinet for some time now. After that we headed down to the other sale which advertised a 7:00am start time.

When we got there we found out that it was actually a huge annual community sale. They had maps and a list of participating addresses at this house. They also had a GameCube marked at $55.00 and $20.00 games (per title) and was quite firm on the prices. Upon looking at the map and list I picked up we counted that there were a little over 100 participating houses.

It was an easy decision to throw out the previously planned route and just attack this area. We took 20 minutes mapping all of the addresses on M$ Streets and Trips and had it optimize a route and we were on our way.

The Bentley Compu-Vision was found at maybe the 5th sale we stopped at. The guy wanted $1.00 for it, so I gladly paid up. Many of you probably have no idea what this thing is. Well quoting the box, it's "A Deluxe Home-TV Video Game System For The Entire Family." Basically it's an old school Console with Paddle Controllers that allow you to play: Tennis, Soccer, Squash, and Solo Handball. Otherwise known as a "Pong Clone."

I picked up Bubsy 3D from a sale with a little girl who was selling a bunch of her toys. She had a bin full of girly kiddy computer games, but I managed to find that in there. There were a couple of other PS1 games, but none of them were complete or had the wrong game in the case.

Nearing about the 30th sale, is where I found the Gamecube games. A little kid had a little area set up away from his parents sale. I spotted that he was selling games, so I went over to check it out. I saw a post-it note on them, and at first misread it as "52.00 Each." I was a little shocked for a second, but then took a closer look to reveal that the note said "$2.00 each." I paid him his asking price because I didn't think haggling with a little boy would have been cool. Plus $2.00 per Gamecube game is already a great deal to me.

It was nearing around 11:00am and the sales were pretty much already pillaged at this point, so we decided to quit at about the 45th sale. In my area everything is pretty much done by 11:00am, it's actually pretty damn good if you can even find something around here at 10:00am. This is because I live 5-10 minutes away from the Mexican border, so tons of families from Mexico come to the sales in this area and buy out anything that worth the price and sell it at the Swap Meet the next day.

Anyhow, upon heading home, we dropped by one last sale, which had the Stan Lee / Kevin Smith DVD, so I picked that up for a dollar. I used to be a huge Marvel Comics fan, and absolutely love Kevin Smith movies, so this was an easy purchase.

whambamm, nice pickups, did you try haggling or was the lady firm with her price? If she was firm, I would probably have paid that anyway since my personal NES Collection consists of all of 5 games. Either way, I still think that is a great find.

moiety, amazing finds once again, I'm still waiting for a the saturday where I can find a huge NES Game lot. Plus Shinobi and Golden Axe are excellent Genesis games.

Hope everyone else had good days as well!

Woooo my second time out, I am finding this to be a lot of fun.

I hit up about 12-13 sales this time(started to loose count). It was looking gloom until the 10th where I picked up an Atari 2600 and 30 games, and two controllers, for 5 dollars.

Super Challenge Baseball
Super Challenge Football
Q-Bert
Ms. Pac-man
Centipede x 2
3-D Tic-Tac-Toe
Brain Games
Defender
Street Racer
Freeway
Football
Baseball
Millipede
Pitfall
Video Olympics
Code Breaker
61 Basic Math
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Combat
Othello
Superman
Space Invaders
Pac-man
Maze Craze
11 indy 500
02 air-sea battle
Super Breakout
Donkey Kong (I think this one is a Coleco Vision game)

Atari 2600 game console with cords
2 controllers (they are kinda damaged but seem usable)
some beat up case to carry the games in

total $5.00

I am not 100% they are all Atari 2600 games, but I'm not too worried about it.

[quote name='The Sultan of Leet']Atari 2600 and 30 games, and two controllers, for 5 dollars.

Donkey Kong (I think this one is a Coleco Vision game)
[/QUOTE]

Excellent find. I picked up Donkey Kong in a lot a few weeks back.
Does it look anything like the top-most game in this picture?

If so, it is definitely an Atari game. The sticker on the front even reads something along the lines of "For use with Atarti Computer System."

Haha yeahhh I think thats it. Good. I wanted to be able to play Donkey Kong, glad I can. I didn't check all that well cause it is actually well, absolutely filthy. I felt dirty touching it. I'll be cleaning them all up later tonight though.

[quote name='FFMooglestar']
whambamm, nice pickups, did you try haggling or was the lady firm with her price? If she was firm, I would probably have paid that anyway since my personal NES Collection consists of all of 5 games. Either way, I still think that is a great find.

[/QUOTE]

They weren't necessarily firm, but they were really cool people and I talked to them for 30 minutes before the sale because I was confused about the sale starting at 7:00 when it started at 8:00. Turns out her and her husband enjoy collecting a large variety of stuff, him video games, and they were trying to thin out their collection. I would have tried to haggle, but they were really cool, and I didn't have many small bills on me. I did get their phone number and they invited me to call them up when I have more money.

well i finally got to go today and i was pleased
one boxxed saturn $5
one boxxed gen $5

a ps1 two games and a little cart for it, i acttually always wanted one of these, it has a flip lid and a little drawer under it, and rolls all for $5

frogger and namco vol 1 where the games

then the find to me destroy all humans for $5 for xbox
if i had more money i would have wiped the kid out, he had 20 games atleast 10 were pretty new oh well live and learn

snes controler.25

and a cool holder for ps2 games, its made by nyko and is made to stand up next to your ps2 quite neat, even looks like a ps2 with the fins

and the last stop i found
legend of zelda nes
tetris 2 nes
you dont know jack ps1
all for $6

Snotknocker did you get your game yet

nothing spectacular for me today picked up 4 dreamcast games sealed - sega bass fishing, chuchu rocket, toy commander and rippin riders. The lady said it belonged to her son who went off to school and told her to sell it. She also had a SMB/duck hunt cart and I asked if she had more. She told me that they had packed up 2 big boxes in the attic with "tapes" like the smb and she also said their were smaller black ones and smaller grey ones and lots of them had boxes. but she did'nt have time to look cause there were tons of people at her sale and she was going a little crazy. I gave her my card said please call and she said she would. So maybe i'll get lucky and pick up some good stuff from her. BTW the DC games were .50 each it was kinda funny cause they had $59.99 price stickers on them .

i have noticed something, i have gone to alot of sales, and the same thing happen, they say yes they are in the attic, or something like that. i had a lady just like you snotknocker, she said the same thing, but i got her number also this time, if i dont hear from her in a week i will call her what do i have to lose.

i just realized i have 5 working ps1, that seems to be my luck lately, i also have one with the screen, thats my favorite, i use at work all the time, you would be amazed how much time you can kill with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back