Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Today's finds were so epic that I actually decided to take a picture.

Ok lets get to it. I went to this church sale where they were charging 5$ per bag for anything you could fit in the bag. The bag was a huge garbage bag. I ran into a pile of genesis games mixed in with the books. So I threw them all into the bag. The highlights are Shining Force II and Sword of Vermilion. Games are complete with manuals. Not all games have manuals but only a couple are missing them, these are for the more insignificant games. There are 10 other games in addition to the 2 I just mentioned. One is a PC game that I know nothing about but it was there so I took it. As usual I also threw more stuff into the bag so I really got my money's worth out of this sale.

I am really, really surprised that I got these games. They managed to sit there until I got to the sale around 1pm. It is exceedingly rare to find good games in this area, most people buy sports and movie games en masse. I guess the clientele of the sale really did not want them (mostly older women shopping for clothing and household goods).

Shining force II is in VERY good condition and the box only has slight marks. I opened it to clean it and judging by the contacts and the save files on the cartridge (level 1) it was played once then tossed aside. This game is in perfect condition other than slight damage to the box and a slightly wrinkled manual.

Lesser finds from earlier in the day.

Silicon USB keyboard, 50 cents. Hooked it up to my Wii and works perfectly.

2 Genesis games for FREE. Lady said they were in the free box so just take them. Games are terminator 2 arcade and mario lemiux hockey. Cart only. These are in the picture above.

PSP game Xiaolin showdown 3$ complete.

Ran into a ton of games today, most were overpriced and not worth buying and were crap titles. Saw an older DS and a GBA SP together for 40$, thought this was a good price but didn't bite because I have enough of these systems.

Had to use thumbnails because the pictures were giant this time.

DBZ manga 1-9 25 cents each

9:The Last Resort factory sealed for $1 at goodwill
Pokemon snap for $1 - bought to play :X

Saw a lot of garbage this weekend, but also a bunch of decent stuff. Passed on too many to mention $5 PS2 & Xbox games; all the usual titles you see everywhere. Only finds game related that were noteworthy:
SNES Cart only:
Killer Instinct
Mary Shellys Frankenstein.
.25 each. The Frankenstein game is a WTF for me. I think it might be based on the Deniro movie of the same name, at least thats the thought in my head. Anyone familiar with it?
New, unopened Dual Shock 2
$1
New in unopened sealed box D-Link Air Plus PCI Adapter.
$3
Should work well with my D-Link router. Now every PC in the house will be wireless. Sweet!

Probably around 15 yard sales I went to. Ended up only buying from 6.

Sega Genesis + NBA JAM [GEN] = $6.00
Spirited Away [DVD] = $1.00
South Park - Season 10 [DVD] = $1.00
Assorted Game Manuals = Free
1080° Snowboarding [N64] = $0.50
Mario Golf [N64] = $0.50
Mario Tennis [N64] = $0.50
Super Smash Bros [N64] = $0.50
Wave Race [N64] = $0.50
Extreme-G XG2 [N64] = $0.50
PlayStation 1 + Two Controllers + Cables + Gran Turismo [PS1] = $8.00
Pokemon Generation IV Pokedex = $0.75
America Sings [12"] = $1.00
It's a Small World [12"] = $1.00
Digimon Magnets Package = $0.25
Arnold Lobel - Mouse Soup = $0.25

[quote name='snotknocker']Last weekend was a bust due to rain. This week was better.
Hit about 30 sales in around 3 hours

1001825.jpg

360 Lot all complete - $30
Started off at $5 a game and offered $30 for all (not CIF). The husband accepted, just then the wife came out and asked
him how much and he said $30. Well she started pitching a hissy fit saying their $5 each and I could come back later, if
they did'nt sell I could have them for $30. I was like he said $30 and then the guy says "she's got the final word" I kinda
shook my head in disbelief and shot the guy the you f*cking wimp look and it must of worked cause he manned up and told
the wife to take the $30. I might of even paid the $5 each cause those games will easily flip, but in my book if you say yes
to a deal ---- DEAL DONE!

1001826x.jpg

More 360 games - Total $3
This sale had a bunch of xbox games mostly sports and these 3 360 games.Since these were the only games of interest
I pulled them out and asked the lady if she would take $1 each which she accepted. I also asked about older games and
she said she has a big tub of N64 games which she went to look for but could not find. I left my number. hopefully I get a call

1001828v.jpg

PS2 guitar heroes - Total $3
This sale had a beat down PS2 and driver 1 and 2 ps1 games and the guitar heroe stuff. I asked for games and the kid
pointed to the box with the stuff in it. He said $15 for everything but the PS2 was'nt working right. I picked up the guitar
and games and CIF'd $3 which he took. In hindsight I probably should of offered him $8 or so for everything seeing as how
there were 2 controllers and 2 memory cards. - Oh well!

1001827u.jpg

Gamecube no wires or controllers + 2 memory cards & THAW w/ several scratchs - Total $1
This sale had a ton of total garbage. I was really only interested in the memory cards and asked the lady how much for
the gamecube stuff. She came back with make an offer I just want to get rid of it, so I offered a $1and she took it

1001829n.jpg

Misc finds
Flight DVD's - $1
Stewie - $1
Fantasia - $1
Mario All Stars complete - $2
PS1 Alien Trilogy - .50
Risky Buisiness - .50
Oddworld Guide - $1
[/QUOTE]

Awesome finds, especially the first 360 game lot and the guitar hero lot, and Super Mario All Stars complete for $2; that's a steal. Also is the Oddworld guide worth anything value wise? It seems like one of those guides that might be worth some money, but I'm not sure.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Pulsar, I believe you're right; the Denrio movie had a platformer for the SNES/Gen.[/QUOTE]
I seem to remember reading a review in probably Gamepro back when it was released. I am confident it's crap, but a cool find IMO.
momouchi, thanks for the link. Not much info there, but more than I had.

Hit 26 planned yard sales today. And a bunch we found along the way. Much better luck finding games compared to previous weeks.

First hit got Rainbow Six 2 for PS3 for $5 CIF after they asked $20

$5 CIF at another stop got me:
Van Halen 5150 cassette (now I have music for my car without a CD!)
Xbox Van Helsing
Xbox Dark Angel
Xbox Outlaw Volleyball
Xbox Fight Club
Xbox Crimson Skies (the only game worth it)
Xbox Constantine
Xbox Bloodrayne

Next stop with games $5 CIF for a mountain of PC games, Soul Calibur IV 360, Soul Calibur IV Guide, FF XII LE Guide , Street Fighter IV guide. Dude countered with $20 but wore down to $8.

Another stop had a bunch of early 360 games like Assassin's Creed, Graw 2, and Sport Games. Tried $5 CIF. No way. Lady was one of those, I payed $60 for my snotty kid and he played this once, need to get my money back wahhhh. I wasn't forking over more than $10 so passed.

Got Resident Evil Apocalypse UMD at another sale for $1. Didn't even try any lower as I had no change. Cooking Mama DS for $2 around the corner.

Had another annoying stop. Hit a mom gardening with a yard sale on the driveway. Had a bunch of Xbox games and a Xbox. Xbox was marked $40, games $4 each. I tried $15 CIF for the Xbox. No. My son researched this and they sell online for $40 everyday. Blah blah blah. It was nearly 11:30 lady you are not gonna sell this, take my money please. Nope.

Finally hit a family moving to Japan. Had about a stack of 15 Gamecube games. Tried to CIF for $5 for all. Guy said, I sold thirty games already this morning at $5 each, 3 for $10. So I took the best 3 left: Starfox Assault, Pikmin, Legend of Zelda Four Swords Adventures for $8 after haggling. He had some other decent stuff, but I didn't feel like arguing too much.

Overall it was a pretty good day for finding games. Too bad there was no retro stuff, and those two ladys wouldn't budge at all.

I had to work today, so I could only hit one sale when I got off at 3 I got a copy of Link's awakening for $2.

then I hit up the local pawn and got COD:WAW(Wii)and LBP(PS3) I offered $25 and he let me have them for $30.

[quote name='oscargrouch']I played Crimson Skies briefly. But now I will get some more time in :)[/QUOTE]

Its good man. Its one of those games that makes you want to see what happens next, not because its unpredictable, but because of the compelling story and awesome game play. I bought the game at EB games because it was only like $4 used, and I ended up really liking it.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']Its good man. Its one of those games that makes you want to see what happens next, not because its unpredictable, but because of the compelling story and awesome game play. I bought the game at EB games because it was only like $4 used, and I ended up really liking it.[/QUOTE]

I like this game too...Actually Crimson Skies and Halo are the only games I have played on a xbox console. I was visiting a friend for 2 weeks and I couldn't go without playing games. I felt dirty when I picked up the controller, but crimson skies was worth it.

On topic:

I only hit a few sales, but I picked up a game gear with 5 games for $5.

Super Mario 64 for .50

I also picked up a gameboy advance (pink) with 20 (GB,GBC,GBA) games for $7.

yardsale.png

Space Quest V, Sim Tower, and Sim City Classic. With box and instructions to all three games. Sure they all use floppy disks, but it's good collector items. Each game cost $1.

Yesterday was a bust due to getting to a big one just as they were packing up.

Picked up a CD for me, one for my mom as a surprise gift, and a copy of MoH: Allied Assault for PC for $5 total. The original Xbox games and a few old sports 360 games were $5 each, so I didn't bother.

Back out today since the weather seems nice. :)

I went to a flea market today just for kicks and most of the stuff was overpriced. Some old lady wanted $30 for Quake 4 for PC(regular edition, not even LE) and $20 for Battlefield 2: Special Forces.

There was a whole thing of different era games with PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox, 360, GC, NES, SNES, N64, et cetera but they were either overpriced or well priced.(FFIII for PS1 was $15)

Survivor: The Interactive Game (PC) - .25 [IAP]

Pinobee (Playstation, Complete) - $1 [IAP]

Super Nintendo (Dirty But Not Yellowed) With (Not Pictured And All Tangled Together :D) 1st Party AC & RF Adaptor, 2x 1st Party Controllers & Manual

Games

Championship Pool
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (Manual, Plastic Cover)
Flintstones, The
Legnend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The
Phalanx (Manual, Map)
Plok (Manual)
Samurai Showdown (Manual)
Super Mario World
Suzuka 8 Hours
Star Fox (Manual, Map)
Top Gear

Sims: Hot Date, The (Complete, Not Pictured)

$27

Went to 24 yardsales today (Friday) and got the SNES pretty late in the day when I asked about games and it was brought out. This is pretty much the same shit different day as with all of the NES stuff this year I really couldn't get it dirt cheap low (I could only do more so a decent/good/very good price on craigslist type deal). I looked it over offered $10 and that wasen't going to happen they were thinking $30, CIFed $20 not going to break'em. I almost passed after $20 not going but decided to do a little better since I found next to nothing all day after 2ish hours out and it did come with some good games.

Sega Genesis Model 1 With (Not Pictured) AC Adaptor & 2x 1st Party 3 Button Controllers

Games

Jurassic Park (Complete)
Kid Chameleon (Complete)
Pro Quarterback (Complete)
Sonic 3-D Blast (Cart Only)
Sonic The Hedgehog (Complete, Not For Resale Version)
Star Trek: The Next Generation: Echoes From the Past (Boxed)
T2: The Arcade Game (Boxed)
X-Men (Boxed)

Mortal Kombat (Case & Manual No Game)
Eternal Champions Manual

$5

Found this out at one of the first sales today (Saturday). No price offered $2 the guy said that the games (or each game) were worth more then that and seemed surprised at my offer. He said $10 which I declined mentioning that it was missing the RF Adaptor and thanked him, he then said how about $5 which I took as I wanted a complete Kid Chameleon (which was the only game I ever bothered to check). When I got home I didn't mind the Eternal Champions manual as I needed it and I'm sure I have a Mortal Kombat orphan somewhere. I try to avoid bringing home Genesis systems but then something like this happens.

NES System With Gray Zapper, NES Advantage, (Not Pictured) AC & RF Adaptors & 2x 1st Party Controllers

Games (All with Covers Except Galaga Which Was In The System

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest
Galaga: Demons of Death
Star Force
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 2
Super Mario Bros. 3

$5

Asked about games at this sale and they didn't have any but then the one lady said she did actually have a NES that somebody hasen't played in two years so she wanted it gone even though they couldn't get a hold of this mystery person on the phone. I looked it over and offered $5 which was taken. First sale this year after who knows how many in which somebody had anything old that was Nintendo related that they wanted to be rid of and didn't have some certain price in mind of what it was worth that they were aiming to get at a yardsale. This is also the first time I've gotten Castlevania II & 1942 cheap in the wild.

Doom (PC, In Jewel Case) - .25

No price offered .25 which was taken.

2x PSone Controllers, 3x 1st Party NES Controllers

Dr Mario
Kirby's Adventure
Q*Bert
Remote Control
Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt
Super Mario Bros. 3

$3

I found this stuff at an Estate type yardsale. NES controllers marked $1 each everything else marked .50 each. Would have been $7 altogether offered $3 which was easily taken. The NES stuff is as dirty as could be, I see some green on the one game's contacts and who knows if all of them will work.

Aladdin
Columns
FIFA International Soccer
Joe Montana Football
NFL '95
PGA Tour Golf
Super Columns
World Series Baseball

$1

Super Mario Land (Japanese) - $1

All of these portable games came from the same sale late in the day at almost noon. Super Mario Land is I'm pretty sure the first Japanese game I've ever found around here at a yardsale.

The Game Gear games were actually all rubberbanded together and a buck was the asking price (dreck yes but priced right and I would have been very happy with both of the Columns games alone for a buck). Guy said I just missed a "Nintendo" (which I'm guessing was an NES) with about 15 games for $15 when I asked about (more) games. SML was in a GBA SP bundle that belonged to another family member with about 6 GBA loose carts, SML & a GBC game marked $50. Said $2 for SML and took a buck for it.

The funny part about this sale was the GBA bundle for $50 with almost 10 games yet sombody else in the family had a GBA with 3 games marked $5.

Super NES With (Not Pictured), AC Adaptor & 2x 1st Party Controllers

Games

Jungle Book, The
Tetris Attack
Tetris & Dr Mario
Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? (Complete)
Where In Time Is Carmen Sandiego? (Boxed)
Yoshi's Cookie (Manual)

Legnend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, The Manual And Top Secrets Thing
2 Books That Came With the Carmen Sandiego Games

$15

This was the first and last sale of the day for me. On Friday the lady mentioned having a N64 & Genesis that she would bring down and this sale was right in town and only a few blocks away so I made it my first stop on Saturday. Both systems with a few games were marked $40 with only a few games each and nothing special with the Genesis. I asked about doing better on the SNES then offered $10 and the lady politely said she'd do $25. I asked about doing better later if it didn't sell and the lady said she would.

I got home about 12:30 and saw that the sale ended at noon but drove by shortly after one and they were still packing up. The SNES was now marked $25 and I got it for $15. Yoshi's Cookies has been a mild want and this is the first time I've found either of the Tetris games in the wild. I should (hopefully) be driving by this house tonight or tomarrow for the missing RF Adaptor that they lady mentioned having at home that she would bring down and hang on the mailbox in a bag.

Edit - I stopped by this Morning (Sunday) and in the bag was the RF Adaptor for the Genesis and as a bonus Zelda:LTTP (cart only)

Non Find BS

I was out for about 8 hours this week and I would guess that I hit about 45-50 yardsales total.

The second sale I went to today was one I was at on Friday where the guy said he had some 2600 games in the attic and asked me to come back tomarrow. When I showed up he didn't dig them out but said to his wife/girlfriend "this is the guy that was interested in the 2600 games do you mind if I go in and get them" as if to ask if she would be ok running the sale solo, she said ok and he asked me if I minded hanging out for a bit to which I said sure. He went in and about 5-10 minutes later emerged with a big box which had about 25-30 games all or mostly complete pretty much all common. I look it over see some decent games and a few I would be happy to have complete or boxed (Frogger, Barnstorming, Adventure) and offered him $5 he counters with $10 and I agree.

I put the box in my car and just as I'm getting in I hear the guy come running up to me asking me to wait. My instincts were that he's probably going to give me a game or two that maybe he dropped when bringing everything out but instead he says his wife though he was just going to sell a few games or something like that and that they were his step father's games as if he's going to be in hot water for selling them to me. I went a head and let the guy have the games back and he's apologizing to me and took my number incase they decide to sell them or something along those lines.

This is an odd situation and felt like the right thing to do even though I didn't really want to obviously and I could have easily said no I don't want to and drive off since I already paid the guy and it was a done deal. I don't think the guy decided to go back on it that fast I really do think it was his wife's idea be it because it was her's dad's stuff or probably more so that she was worried that her husband/boyfriend just sold some old games for what might be pennies on the dollar (remember that quote where she should have stopped the guy if she didn't want the games gone for any reason). The guy was really nice and seemed joe cool about the whole thing and getting the games out of the attic.

This would have been my favorite find of the day being boxed/complete games and my 2600 collection having more gaps in it then say my NES or SNES collection. I've been doing good with the 2600 stuff (this should count as my 4th week in a row finding 2600 stuff) which is surprising figuring that I've only found 2600 stuff 3 times yardsaling (last year, the year before when I found a few games at a sale and my first 2600 with 30 some games back around 1996 that I got late in the day at a church sale in my town for $15 IAP).

Other then this everything was pretty much same shit different day. People had some sort of games they never use but it's not their home so it not handy etc, etc, etc.

I had a lady today that had a Nintendo or something like that but didn't want to go in and get it. It's like these people rather sit outside with the dreck that's barely selling and don't want to leave it unguarded or maybe lose a sale selling some VHS tapes for .25-.50 or some crap like that if they are in the house for a few minutes.

I actually get this fairly often were people say they have something but don't offer to get it and I usually respond with something like "is it buried somewhere in the attic/basement and you don't know where it is" to which they usually agree with but I can't help but think that it's partly that these people will tell me they have something but they don't really want to just bring it out for sale for fear that they might be undercutting themselves on something they don't know a ball park value on.

finds062809.jpg

Expensive week.

Mint CIB Turboexpress with a mint cib car adapter and AC adapter - $150

Works good, but I'm getting no sound. I have a friend who can fix it.

N64 with power cable and random power cable - $5

There was a quarter loose inside this, had to take it out.

Dreamcast RF cord - $1
Goldeneye 007, Smash 64, FZero X, Mario Party, Diddy Kong Racing - $25
Zelda Twilight Princess - $7 (no manual)
Final Fantasy 3 - $5

Power Squid - $5

Not pictured: Resident Evil 4 Chainsaw controller (GCN) - $10 (it's cib)

No pics right now but I had my first successful scores in NYC yard sales:

FFVII Black Label (complete and NM) - $18 (up for grabs)
Xbox wireless communicator (NIB) - $15

Probably could have done FFVII for 15 and the communicator for a little less but I'm still happy with the scores

so...does anyone know if people have alot of sales on july 4th? I have plans and my boss's son gets off house arrest on monday so..instead of getting friday off like the rest of the world I have monday off....no sales for me? :(

[quote name='Sinnbox']so...does anyone know if people have alot of sales on july 4th? I have plans and my boss's son gets off house arrest on monday so..instead of getting friday off like the rest of the world I have monday off....no sales for me? :([/QUOTE]

it's very unlikely that there'll be many sales, compared to the average weekend anyway. 'round these parts, holidays are just that, and people generally don't like to hold sales when they can/should be at the beach, or out having a BBQ, etc...

if you can't get out that day, don't feel too bad -- you're not likely to have missed anything.

not too much goin' on this past weekend, but could've been worse:

SNES Stunt Race FX
GB Tiny Toon Adventures: Wacky Sports, $3 for both

360 black wireless controller, $3

Memory Lane Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer figure set, $3

PS2 Radiata Stories
DVD Sanford and Son: The First Season
DVD Sanford and Son: The Second Season, $7 for all

PS Metal Gear Solid
PS King of Fighters '99, $3 for both
DS New Super Mario Bros. (empty case -- bummer, yes), FREE

XB Halo 2 (Limited Collector's Edition disc inside), $1

GC controller (missing rubber grip on left stick), $1
PS2 Dual Shock 2 controller, $1
360 wireless controller, $1

N64 007: GoldenEye
GBA Super Mario World strategy guide, $1.50 for both

Atari Jaguar system w/2 controllers, AC adapter, RF Unit, and the following games:
Raiden
Cybermorph
Alien vs. Predator
NBA Jam, $5 for all

GC Ikaruga, $2

my pile of 360 controllers is beginning to rival my Dreamcast collection now. at this point, people are almost literally giving them away -- and i thought the black one was cheap at three bucks! the PS2, GC, and white 360 controllers each came from separate sales. the GC and 360 ones were a dollar to start; the seller with the PS2 controller was asking 2, but went down to $1 when asked.

i have to say, my favorite find was the Jaguar. several years back i lost my mind and sold off a large portion of my personal collection, including many, many rare systems and games. while not necessarily highly sought-after, i had a very impressive Atari Jaguar collection, with two systems (one of them new and boxed), and many sealed games. here we are years later, and while i found the odd game or two on occasion, i never did find another system "in the wild". this past Saturday, i was very pleased to see this system with a handful of games. the seller wanted (oddly enough) $7 for everything, but settled for $5 when i asked. of course, this paltry bundle absolutely pales in comparison to what i used to own, but it was still a fun and rare find!

[quote name='allyourblood']not too much goin' on this past weekend, but could've been worse:
[/QUOTE]

not too much goin'on??!?!?!?! You're crazy! Those are awesome deals! Great finds, esp on the Jaguar and Ikaruga!

[quote name='wil919']not too much goin'on??!?!?!?! You're crazy! Those are awesome deals! Great finds, esp on the Jaguar and Ikaruga![/QUOTE]

sorry, i didn't mean to sound ungrateful or anything; i just meant there weren't a lot of sales. also, on Sunday it got so hot i just gave up before my usual "quittin' time".

but thanks! and yes, Ikaruga was a rad find as well. it's in my top 5 shooters of all time, easily, and i was definitely excited to pick it up at this price. my last copy i found was 8 or 10 dollars, if i recall (though that was like 2 years ago, i think).

Im about to give up on yard sales alltogether. I seriously don't get it....it looks like everyone on here is finding insane stuff like Jaguars, TG-16 games, huge lots of NES games, etc....every weekend. I've been going to at LEAST 40 sales per weekend for the past 3 years and have literally found nothing. Well not really, the few times I find anything its always common stuff like a busted up NES with mario/duck hunt for some insane price like $100 dollars because "its collectable, it goes for twice that on ebay". I'd say 99% of the yard sales I see are nothing but baby toys/clothes. I seriously don't understand what I'm doing wrong (yes I always ask for games at every sale), it seems like I'm the only one here who consistantly never finds anything. With all the time and money I've spent on gas alone, I could have just bought the games I really want on ebay for their inflated prices! I mean whats the point anyway when the one time I DO find something, they refuse to take anything lower than whatever the highest price on ebay is...I might as well just use ebay then!

[quote name='crows in black']Im about to give up on yard sales alltogether. I seriously don't get it....it looks like everyone on here is finding insane stuff like Jaguars, TG-16 games, huge lots of NES games, etc....every weekend. I've been going to at LEAST 40 sales per weekend for the past 3 years and have literally found nothing. Well not really, the few times I find anything its always common stuff like a busted up NES with mario/duck hunt for some insane price like $100 dollars because "its collectable, it goes for twice that on ebay". I'd say 99% of the yard sales I see are nothing but baby toys/clothes. I seriously don't understand what I'm doing wrong (yes I always ask for games at every sale), it seems like I'm the only one here who consistantly never finds anything. With all the time and money I've spent on gas alone, I could have just bought the games I really want on ebay for their inflated prices! I mean whats the point anyway when the one time I DO find something, they refuse to take anything lower than whatever the highest price on ebay is...I might as well just use ebay then![/QUOTE]

I can understand how you feel. I rarely find stuff and never in the quantities that other people in this thread seem to get. I guess that my area just isn't that good for video games combined with local competition. At times, I do want to give and I will likely have to once I get a job, but for now, I don't give up. I've had try spells and then I find something like my Laseractive or my complete and boxed JVC X'Eye. That's why I keep on going and I've been finding other non game related stuff to sell on ebay.

[quote name='DaMonStEr']How do you find 360 wireless controllers for $1?

lmao, that's ridiculous

nice find bro[/QUOTE]

well, i pulled up to a sale being run by two guys in their 40s. right away, i see the controller sitting on a table alongside a Monster-brand a/v cable, and i ask how much. the guy says, "a buck" right away. of course, my very next question is, "do you have the system, or any games?", to which he answers "well, i had some games, but they got so scratched up i threw 'em out. i don't know where the Xbox is." (???)

he told me the video cable was five dollars, but went down to $3 when i set it down. i already have several, and i rarely pay more than a buck for them, so i left that behind. as i was leaving, he did bring out the power brick but he wanted $8 for it, so i passed on that as well.

for every five people that want some ridiculously high price, it seems there are always one or two that seem beyond clueless in the opposite direction, and sell stuff for next to nothing.

anyway, thanks!

[quote name='Kuros']You should have gotten the power brick, those things are insanely priced.[/QUOTE]

i just glanced online; they run about 20 bucks shipped if you're patient, it seems. i've got about 3-4 spares as it is, along with about the same amount of vga cables and component cables.

Well I do get some good stuff, as posted in this thread however I don't get stuff in the quantities that other people get it. But I buy other things at yard sales too, and I consider it "shopping", just at prices that I can actually afford! The other stuff usually makes up for what I don't find in the games department.

You will get the clueless people (someone had to donate that copy of shining force I picked up last weekend!), people dumping collections from children who have grown up and moved out then people who want an arm and a leg for every single item. Sometimes people will give you games and game stuff for free, its happened to me a few times already because its old and they don't want it.

The selection of really old games in this area (NES and earlier) is really dry, people are dumping PSX systems and Gamecube systems en masse here though. Genesis stuff is very common. Every time I run into modern games they are the worst of the worst titles and they usually want 5$ and up for them.

[quote name='allyourblood']

GC Ikaruga, $2
[/QUOTE]

Now you can sell me back the copy I sold you :D

I haven't found anything good video game related this year. I did find a couple of star wars lego sets (Tie Interceptor and Clone Turbo Tank) marked $5 and $15, I CIF'ed $17 for both. I probably could've gotten away with more, but the prices on the Turbo Tank are pretty high on fleabay. Unfortunately, some of the minifigs were missing even though the kid said it was complete.

edit: wrong prices

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='encendido5']Now you can sell me back the copy I sold you :D[/QUOTE]

oh my gosh, you remember that? :lol::applause:

(that was my fourth trade on here)

[quote name='allyourblood']oh my gosh, you remember that? :lol::applause:

(that was my fourth trade on here)[/QUOTE]

lol, I remembered your avatar, then I went to your itrade and saw my comment on there :D

got a call today on my cell from a guy on craigslist who said he seen me post video game ads before, says he has a super nes with 15 games. I asked him what games they were and one of the games turned out to be secret of mana, he wants $30 for everything, but he lives almost 35 miles away on the other side of the state, if he wasn't so far i'd buy it in a heartbeat :(

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']got a call today on my cell from a guy on craigslist who said he seen me post video game ads before, says he has a super nes with 15 games. I asked him what games they were and one of the games turned out to be secret of mana, he wants $30 for everything, but he lives almost 35 miles away on the other side of the state, if he wasn't so far i'd buy it in a heartbeat :([/QUOTE]

yardsale thread? ... and you are still here?

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']got a call today on my cell from a guy on craigslist who said he seen me post video game ads before, says he has a super nes with 15 games. I asked him what games they were and one of the games turned out to be secret of mana, he wants $30 for everything, but he lives almost 35 miles away on the other side of the state, if he wasn't so far i'd buy it in a heartbeat :([/QUOTE] no one cares

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']got a call today on my cell from a guy on craigslist who said he seen me post video game ads before, says he has a super nes with 15 games. I asked him what games they were and one of the games turned out to be secret of mana, he wants $30 for everything, but he lives almost 35 miles away on the other side of the state, if he wasn't so far i'd buy it in a heartbeat :([/QUOTE]

35 miles away only? I really don't think that's too far, but then again I live in LA where everything is spread out so much. It's 35 miles just to get across LA County. I'd say it sounds like a good deal, depending on the games in the bundle.

Wow, can't believe I forgot to post this last week...

Well, things have been a bit slow in Ohio for a while, but I finally found something.
First sale I got a Metallica CD and Pokemon: The First Movie for $2 (not the best deal).
Second off I got Karas: The Revelation (an anime movie) and Sonic 3D Blast for $2.
The next sale I finally found something. I started out trying to buy Full Throttle (limited edition) and Take No Prisoners (both in original boxes) as well as a bunch of mini-cd's with 3D glasses packaged in with each of them (only the extreme 3D PC Games) for $5. They just gave me all their computer games instead.

PC
Atari Anniversary Edition
Britannica Puzzle Potpourri
Full Throttle (Limited Edition)
Galaxy of WIN Games
Microsoft Golf
Othello
Sim City 3000
Solitaire Games
Sonic 3D Blast
Take No Prisoners

Mini CD-ROM (extreme 3D PC Games)
AxySnake
RollerBot
Skymaze (Sealed)
Tennis Antics (Sealed)
Turbo Toons

Mini CD-ROM (pocketware)
Chess Compendium 3D
Five Card Drop
Perfect Pool
Reversi
Star Miner: Battle for Supremacy
TRAX: The Robot Wars

odyssey2 bunch
-System boxed

-Games
Bowling!/Basketball!
UFO!
K.C. Munchkin!
Baseball!
Armored Encounter!/Sub Chase!
Turtles!
Atlantis
The Quest for the Rings
Monkey Shines!
Casino Slot Machine!
Speedway!/Spin-Out!/Crypto-Logic!
Football!
Invaders from Hyperspace!
Freedom Fighters!
K.C. Crazy Chase!
Pick Axe Pete!
Computer Intro!
Alien Invaders-Plus!
Out of this World!/Helicopter Rescue!
Thunderball!
Las Vegas Blackjack!
Electronic Table Soccer!
Computer Golf!

$10 total.

VG_070309_01_Shrunk.jpg

Legend of the Dragoon D1 only (anyone have the others / need the first disk?)
Free

Rouge Squadron II guide .25

Tetris 2 GB, Spider man 2600, Fast Food 2600, Pitfall II 1.60 total

VG_070309_02_Shrunk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PotatoGuy']Second round Edit:
Legend of the Dragoon D1 only (anyone have the others / need the first disk?)
Free[/QUOTE]

I have the case and discs 2 & 3 if you're interested in those.

maybe anything you might be looking for? i have some classic plastic games i just havent made my list of extras yet. d'oh just looked it up and it was a 4 disk game? i would still be missing the last one. sigh.

went to 27 sales today....every single one of them was nothing but baby clothes. big surprise.

Oh and I love people that advertise OMFG HUGE YARD SALE, ITS SO BIG YOU WONT BELIEVE IT !!1111 and you get there and its literally some tiny table with 5 coffee mugs on it

bread's done
Back