Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Went back out with my sister who wanted to check the rest of the SNES at the awesome yardsale. Everything else gaming wise was gone outside of an NES (deck only... and the flap was cracked and missing a small piece) and a stray baseball game I think someone overlooked.

We hit up another three and I found another small PSOne for $5. No cords, but two controllers (one original, one third party) and a Pizza Hut demo disc.

Not super amazing but I picked upa N64 Memory Card + and a wii Rockband Guitar for $8. I wish I had more they had an atomic purple N64 controller but all I had was $10.

They also had a Link gold cart for NES but it was in horrible shape so I put that back.

^Damn to the GCN games. I found a haul similar today, but she wanted $4 each so I passed. Almost got her to agree to Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney for $5 but she said to come back tomorrow when her son's there.

Nothing video game-related today, but a backstory first: a few weeks ago I got my wife books 2, 4, and 6 of A Series of Unfortunate Events for $4.50 just one week after my car was broken into and my CD Player was rendered completely unusable(they tried to steal it, but broke it and therefore left it).

So, at a yard sale today, I found a box full of the Series of Unfortunate Events books labeled $2 each. Apparently there are a lot of them. I was able to pick up hardbacks of 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13(which is titled "The End", so now she's only missing book 12). I CIF'd $5, was scoffed at by the girl, but her boyfriend said sure, and she reluctantly got my change.

Hit up quite a few crap sales today, but I managed to find Breaking Benjamin's "We Are Not Alone" for two bucks, started to buy it before a Pioneer CD Player caught my eye labeled $10. I asked 'does this work?' and the girl said 'yep', and I said 'are you absolutely positive?', she said 'yep, he just got a new one, the buttons are just a little worn'. I said 'so, will you take $5 and throw in the CD?' She didn't even hesitate and I handed her a $5 bill.

ive got 3 phoenix wright DS games all complete if anyone wants them. i could do all 3 for $45... i know its not the best of prices but on ebay ive seen each go for over 20 so. :)

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']ive got 3 phoenix wright DS games all complete if anyone wants them. i could do all 3 for $45... i know its not the best of prices but on ebay ive seen each go for over 20 so. :)[/QUOTE]
Uh, wrong place for this buddy.

yeah yeah i know but phoenix was saying how he almost got a phoenix wright game at a yard sale, so i figured if anyone is interested...
plenty of people list their finds then say anyone wanna buy em...for example right on this page someone listed what they got then said "Any one want these? PM me."

Better weather today! And I did better than I have in on recent Fridays but not much gaming stuff :whistle2:(

Things started very slow and I picked up a few books and CDs and then found this . . .

090409saturn.jpg

marked $13.99 . . . offered $1 and paid $2. Might come in handy if I can find a complete one but the system dosen't work.

090409RE4.jpg

Paid $1.50 for this . . . I think I was desperate to find any games.

After 10 am things started to improve. I asked how much on this . . .

090409GC.jpg

He said $10 and I said how about $8. He laughed and said sure but then I came back with $15 for the cube and the PS2

090409PS2.jpg

So, I got both for $15.

Then I saw this . . .

090409360HD.jpg

Marked $20 with these . . .

090409movies.jpg

Offered $10 and the guy winced . . . but he thought and countered with $15 . . . so I paid $13.

Wouldn't have thought to buy this if it weren't for this thread . . .

090409TI83.jpg

Was $5 but I paid $3 . . . I should flip this ASAP.

Lastly, my son has been into Monopoly lately (don't ask me why) so this was a nice bonus . . .

090409mono.jpg

Its minty and I paid $1.

Some nice books, DVDs, CDs, and videos along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today there was nothing, my new town sucks, they have literally no sales!! The onlything I found was some old lady trying to sell $20 PS3 games.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Today there was nothing, my new town sucks, they have literally no sales!! The onlything I found was some old lady trying to sell $20 PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

How big is your city? Mine is around 100,000 . . . so there are more sales than I can reach (in the 4 hours that I commit).

The other factor is competion. I saw the guy who bought the NES with games last week. If he buys only gaming stuff he's probably beating me to many cool items because I move pretty slow checking all kinds of media.

Got to a few today, but didn't buy anything. The one sale that had games wanted top dollar. Old PS2 games for $10 and such. They kept a copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution with the guide in a bag near the register, and they want $35 for it. Yes, they had a register. They have the same sale about 5 times a summer, and every time I go, that game is still there, with the same price. I offered $10 last time, which is far too much for that game, even with the guide, and was shot down.

Anyway, since this is kind of late in the season, I'm gonna go back on Sunday and offer $5.

im holding my one yard sale tomorrow, through up on the ad that i will trade my stuff for games, gt some emails telling me what they have and almost a quarter of the stuff has been acounted for, post more details on sunday with the results

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']
Anyway, since this is kind of late in the season, I'm gonna go back on Sunday and offer $5.[/QUOTE]

Its kinda fun to lowball just for the hell of it.

The sale where I got the Saturn today had some really crappy junk. There were a few sports games. So I took a 360 Madden 09 (with the traitor on the cover) and said . . . "would you take $1 for this." She shot me down and said that's $15 its a recent game . . . I pointed out that Madden 10 had just come out and left.

[quote name='schultzed']How big is your city? Mine is around 100,000 . . . so there are more sales than I can reach (in the 4 hours that I commit).

The other factor is competion. I saw the guy who bought the NES with games last week. If he buys only gaming stuff he's probably beating me to many cool items because I move pretty slow checking all kinds of media.[/QUOTE]

MY town is about 10,000, so pretty small, but for the ammount of people it should be haveing alot more sales. I think the killer here is that the whole town has a city wide in the spring and there are usualy around 200 sales, streets are packed and resellers come in from every where.

The town I used to live close to is only about 20 minutes from me now, but they usualy have 20-40 sales a weekend and Its super easy to blow $100-$200 and drive away with tons of games almost every week. I may just ahve to drive there, the main problem is since it is such a hot spot resellers have been moving in like crazy, and you have to get there early for deals...and I'm not the person to wake up 30 minutes to get there before 8:00 on a saturday.

I met a local garage seller at the game shop today, I'm guessing he is my main competition, I went to a sale at his house 2 years ago when I was in town and CIF'd him $100 for games he had marked for over $700, he was wanting a PS3 and it was late in the day whe I got to his house, I told him he couldnt get those prices unless he e-bayed the games then threw a $100 on the table and he melted. I'm kinda glad he didnt recognize me!! he acted like he runs a reselling business so I'm kinda worried about that.

another thing, my old town has like 5 thrift shops, 2 that get sweet games in all the time, this town has one that has tons of old lady clothes and only poor people inside. Is that normal?

Sorry there's no pictures but today put me in a shitty mood.

Game Guides: Diablo II and Mario Kart 64 - $.50 each
Both mint, I already have a D2 guide but it's falling apart.

Gamecube games: $10 for all (most are complete)
Maro Superstar Baseball
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Party 7
Smashing Drive
Disney Sports Soccer (no manual)
Disney Sports Skateboarding (no manual)

This sale had a bunch of EGM's so I asked if they had any games to unload. The mother tries to subtlely tell the kid to say no, but being a kid he doesn't get it, and says he has some gamecube games. Brings me the discs and they're alright. I ask how much, he calls his dad, who comes out and says $1 each. Then mom drags dad inside and starts screaming at him, it was super awkward. But in the end I got them all for $10.

Genesis games: $4 for all
Mortal Kombat (no manual)
Hardball '95 (complete)
Mortal Kombat 2 (cart only)

RANT AHEAD.
This sale had an ad in the local paper, and mentioned "game systems". I was somewhat excited because it's right near my house. And like all potentially-awesome sales right near my house, it started at 10:00. Well, I drove by at 9:00 but there were no signs of activity so I figured

A) Someone already bought them out :roll: or
B) They just weren't going to set up until later

So yeah, it's a shitty position to be in. We all know 10:00 is INCREDIBLY LATE in the world of yard sales, so my choices were to stay and wait (assuming the sale would actually happen at all, and thereby missing anything else that might be out there in town) or just go to the other sales and check back later.

So yeah, I decided to check back later. Too many unadvertised sales kept me from getting back until 10:30, and you guessed it, everything was gone. She said she had a Dreamcast, PS1, N64, NES, etc, and tons of games, and someone bought them all. So in conclusion, I'm an idiot who missed out on probably the last and only major score of the year.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']RANT AHEAD. [/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a tough story and I know how you feel. And, if you're like me, you'll never quite get over it. :)

well today i went to some yard sales and i didnt spend a penny however i did get some free stuff :)
-Working Genesis 2 (no hookups) used my own gen2 hookups and it works
-Ms. Pac Man- Genesis
-Taz in Escape from Mars- Genesis
and a -Super Mario World instruction booklet

so id say i was pretty successful:bouncy:, but the sale i got the booklet the guy said he just sold a lot of SNES stuff so that was dissapointing because i dont have one yet:whee:

Blah. I don't know how you all find these great sales. All I ever do is end up watching my wife buy a bunch of country Americana crap for the house. I have yet to see any old systems or games.

When they mention game systems or old games in a garage sale ad specifically like "we'll have old game systems and games! it usually means they're gonna want a fortune for them.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']When they mention game systems or old games in a garage sale ad specifically like "we'll have old game systems and games! it usually means they're gonna want a fortune for them.[/QUOTE]

not always, somtimes yes, but most of the time around here people list them because they know it will drive people to their sales.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Went to a few sales yesterday and today. The one ad that mentioned video games was overpriced for me. Old Xbox games and the like. Example: NCAA Football 2007 (Xbox) - $15.

Only other interesting sale had early-mid 90s Marvel comics that everyone already owns.

Apparently there's a road in my city that has two of the exact same house numbers.. guess which one I waited at? The one that wasn't having the massive game sale :( Got to the correct house as a couple people were taking boxes down the drive way..

Got:
La Pucelle Tactics ($4)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater N64 ($1)
Monopoly N64 ($1)
Xmen 3 Blue Ray Sealed ($3)
Pokemon Pearl/Diamond Guide ($1)
Kiss Psycho Circus sealed toy ($1)
bunch of Time/Life Magazines from 1940's ($2)
French art magazine from 1948 ($1)
Box of hockey/baseball cards each with hard & soft protective casing ($3.. around 150 cards, some of value)

So today wasn't bad, but could have been much better.

Back with more finds (the past week or so have been pretty dry with lots of repeat sales)

PS2 games:

Dynasty Warriors 2
Midnight Club
Devil May Cry
Summoner
The Bouncer

PS1 Games:
Monster Rancher 2
Tomb Raider 2 (disc only)
Playstation mag vol 22 (disc)
Tekken 3 (disc only)
Dragon Ball GT Final Bout

Empty Tetris case for PS1

All of the above for $6

PS1 memory card - 25 cents
World Championship Poker (disc only) - 25 cents

2GB Invion MP3 player with color screen - $3, had 5$ on it but got them down to $3, I really needed a new MP3 with more space so I am really happy with this, it works perfectly!

[quote name='rtooby']Apparently there's a road in my city that has two of the exact same house numbers.. guess which one I waited at? The one that wasn't having the massive game sale :( Got to the correct house as a couple people were taking boxes down the drive way..

[/QUOTE]

Ouch

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']yeah yeah i know but phoenix was saying how he almost got a phoenix wright game at a yard sale, so i figured if anyone is interested...
plenty of people list their finds then say anyone wanna buy em...for example right on this page someone listed what they got then said "Any one want these? PM me."[/QUOTE]

Just pm the member, don't start this crap and then liken it to the above occasional scenario stemmed from an actual garage sale find. :shame:

last weekend stopped by a sale with lots of toys but no games, two young men drag themselves outside with "bed head" helping mom and dad...so I ask them, any video games?
mom sends them in to look and I wait, and wait...all the while dad is quoting crazy high prices for literally junkie items...so I'm losing patience with the time and hope for a reasonable price...the boys come out with a few meh PS2 games and 5 complete minty ds games...;) so I ask how much were you thinking and they call over dad...sigh...dad looks at them...some still have $39.99 price tags from GS...he says $1 each! (lol) and I take the DS games...the youngest laments "$1??? dad look at how much these cost..!" dad stays with his price but is a lil meek, hence I only took the DS games...Heroes of Mana, DK Jungle Climber, DK Racing, Naruto, and Deal or no Deal...

[quote name='SaraAB']2GB Invion MP3 player with color screen - $3, had 5$ on it but got them down to $3, I really needed a new MP3 with more space so I am really happy with this, it works perfectly![/QUOTE]

Sara that's pretty cool . . . I like it when I find stuff I need or can use at sales. Like phoenix529 picking up a car stereo the other day.

I've got to relay my meager findings later. I was only out for 2 hours on Sat. and didn't find much.

As a few of you might remember my last post was mostly bitching about never finding anything good at sales and marveling at someone elses saturn find.

Well today I went to a few sales and it was worse than last time. On the way home I decided o stop by goodwill to see if they had any new snes games and saw a sign saying everything in stor was 50% off. So i walked back to where I'd seen an N64 a few weeks ago and lo and behold...a Sega Saturn. It was marked 15 but because of the sale it was 7.50 and the only thing it didnt have was a power cord.

I got home and plugged it in using my Dreamcast power cord and it works perfectly. The internal battery still works even. Now the bad news... I had surgery on my hand yesterday and can't play the damn thing. Oh well, I'm glad to have it.

[quote name='genfuyung']On the way home I decided o stop by goodwill to see if they had any new snes games and saw a sign saying everything in stor was 50% off. So i walked back to where I'd seen an N64 a few weeks ago and lo and behold...a Sega Saturn. It was marked 15 but because of the sale it was 7.50 and the only thing it didnt have was a power cord.

I got home and plugged it in using my Dreamcast power cord and it works perfectly. The internal battery still works even. Now the bad news... I had surgery on my hand yesterday and can't play the damn thing. [/QUOTE]

It's like a Twilight Zone episode!

No sales yet for me this weekend, but there is one that starts today that says gamecube and games.

[quote name='schultzed']Sara that's pretty cool . . . I like it when I find stuff I need or can use at sales. Like phoenix529 picking up a car stereo the other day.

I've got to relay my meager findings later. I was only out for 2 hours on Sat. and didn't find much.[/QUOTE]

Mind you that was the only cheap MP3 player I have seen all summer, you would think more people would have them around. They said they were getting rid of it cause it had no instructions and they didn't know how to use it, it was also missing the USB cable but I have plenty here. Gotta love technology phobic people (there are a lot of them in my area since we have tons of older people here, anyone over 35 here doesn't want to bother with technology other than cell phones). One scratch on the screen but its not distracting at all. Its not really worth a lot because I just saw one on ebay sell for around 1$ with shipping so I feel the price I paid was appropriate :)

I have seen people selling a lot of nice stuff here for cheap for all things, gotta love people who overbuy then either have to sell to pay the bills or just because they don't want it anymore. I think you see this pretty much everywhere though.

Car stereos are everywhere here, some houses even have boxes full of them, never figured out what was up with that.

I am not selling anything until I sort through all the crap I brought home this summer (and I don't want this to turn into the trading forum).

Had a yard sale today and yesterday. Yesterday was a big hit for non-video game things, although I only sold one system and a few games (I had SO many games for sale). I did make a bunch of extra cash selling my familys stuff and taking a profit. Today was pretty much dead. I really thought the video games would sell quickly or at least get offers... the good news is that means I don't have much competition in town.

I didn't get much this weekend.

$5
MS Flight Simulator 2004
The Dig (complete)
Omikron: The Nomad Soul

I picked up the flight sim game since I that is the most recent one I've seen at a garage sale and I haven't played one in a while. I'll probably see The Dig and Omikron.

$7.50
Compaq computer

I didn't get a picture of this find. It has an Athlon XP processor, so it is a little old. They said the hard drive is died, but it could just be corrupted. I won't know till I check it out. I'll fix it up, and either sell it on craigslist or see if a older relative needs a computer for emails.

Revisited an old sale today out of desperation, and they had brought some decent PS2 games out. I grabbed:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Clock Tower 3
Final Fantasy X

for $10. And passed on:

Katamari Damacy
Summoner
Summoner 2
Final Fantasy XI Online
and a couple Lord of the Rings games

at $3 each.

Are any of these games worth anything?

these are from yesterday:
first off a lot from a local dealer's wife that was having a yard sale for $17 i got:

3 genesis game (no manuals) beavis and buthead, wiz and liz, ariel the mermaid
1 genesis 1st party controller
1 genesis multitap
1 ps1 controller
1 ps2 dvd remote adapter
1 n64 with all cords
2 n64 controllers
1 n64 memory card
1 adapter for gb games (im not exactly sure what this does)
1 madden 64 game to "test" the system
1 n64 rf adaper

at another yard sale i found:

Settled on $7 for this box, its plywood, and has some scratches/tears in the pictures around it but overall in pretty good condition

[quote name='orcafan8']
at another yard sale i found:

Settled on $7 for this box, its plywood, and has some scratches/tears in the pictures around it but overall in pretty good condition[/QUOTE]

Hey, I have one just like this except it has no scartches/tears. It came from a garage sale years and years ago when I was maybe 8 years old or so, I think my mom paid like $2 or something for mine and I've kept it all these years. I can't hardly find out any informaton about these things as they seem pretty rare. You know anything else about these by chance? I know they made a couple other versions, a TMNT one I know of for sure.

[quote name='mission42']I know they made a couple other versions, a TMNT one I know of for sure.[/QUOTE]

I have two. My mom bought them for my brother and me when we were little. The lid on one fell off because the hinges are so flimsy.

[quote name='phoenix529']Revisited an old sale today out of desperation, and they had brought some decent PS2 games out. I grabbed:

Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II
Clock Tower 3
Final Fantasy X

for $10. And passed on:

Katamari Damacy
Summoner
Summoner 2
Final Fantasy XI Online
and a couple Lord of the Rings games

at $3 each.

Are any of these games worth anything?[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't have been able to pass on Katamari and the two Summoners at 3 each...

Well I passed on Katamari because I already own it, and I passed on Summoners because I didn't know if they were worth anything. I'm far from knowledgeable about PS2 game rarity aside from ICO. The sale will still be on tomorrow. I should grab the Summoners?

I don't know anything about PS2 rarity but most people around here sell PS2 games for 5$ each even old sports games so I know when I see non sports games for $1 each that I should definitely buy especially if the condition is good and they are complete like the lot I ran into over the weekend. I don't even have a PS2 and I don't want to buy one at a yard sale because they are too unreliable and would probably be broken (ok unless its really cheap like $5 then I would buy LOL). From my experience you can sell games in lots on ebay and if your paying $1 per PS2 game your bound to make a profit if you sell what you have collected throughout the summer at Christmas time.

If its like $3 or under and you think you will play it then you should probably buy it, old sports games aside which I see wayyyy too many of here.

[quote name='mission42']Hey, I have one just like this except it has no scartches/tears. It came from a garage sale years and years ago when I was maybe 8 years old or so, I think my mom paid like $2 or something for mine and I've kept it all these years. I can't hardly find out any informaton about these things as they seem pretty rare. You know anything else about these by chance? I know they made a couple other versions, a TMNT one I know of for sure.[/QUOTE]

These were fairly popular back in the late 80s. They had all kinds of designs and patterns on them, not just characters. I know for sure they had a WWF one.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']These were fairly popular back in the late 80s. They had all kinds of designs and patterns on them, not just characters. I know for sure they had a WWF one.[/QUOTE]

Yea,that artwork is def from the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. Link is the same as the friday show.

School's starting up again for me tomorrow so not as much garage sailing anymore :( (not only because the summer season is over but because since I can't drive yet it is time-consuming and I'll have work to do on the weekends that I should spend my time on). *Sigh*.

Saturday's take

Not much doing . . . I was only out for 2 hours.

Paid $1 for

090509KH2.jpg

No instructions and the disc is scratched. I'll probably polish it on my Simo and sell my complete and nicer copy. I don't mind trading down.

090509N64.jpg

50 cents . . . the power adapter makes this a deal. I have some controllers and the AV cord is easier to replace.

090509junk.jpg

I asked about games at a sale where a guy was setting up and he dragged out this milkcrate full of ugly carts (damp with dew). I took a look at it and offered $5 . . . and he agreed. They'll need some cleaning. 30 games and hardly worth the $5. There is a GBA in it and its so fucked up that it is trash.

What I love about Tucson is that its so dry you never find any damp, moldy, or rusty carts. :D

Plenty of dirt caked ones though, but that's easier to clean off.

World of Warcraft Guide - .50
GameBoy System - $1
Donkey Kong Happy Meal Toy x2 - .25 Each

Small finds from different sales All IAP.

Black GameCube System (Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition Bundle) New And Sealed - $20

This was just put out as I was looking around, I figured it was just a boxed system but picked it up and looked at it and the lady mentioned how she got it for her husband for Christmas one year and he never opened it. Was asking $30 and I said I was thinking more like $10 and asked about meeting me in the middle which she agreed on.

Not too many sales around today (Friday) so I only got to about 15 sales in 2 areas. Another week of not very much, the only other games I saw at all besides what I bought was a few PC games (some being WOW) at the sale I got the WOW guide at.

Mario vs. Donkey Kong & Pokemon Sapphire Version - $5
Atlantis: The Lost Tales In Double Jewel Case With Manual - .50

Forgot to include this stuff in the picture with the Genesis stuff from Saturday. The GBA games I found at the second sale I went to (that was unadvertised) had about 20 PS2 & GC games marked at $5 each, nothing I was intereted in but I asked about games to which 4 GameBoy games were brought out. I passed on one of the Mega Man Battle Network 3 games & Pokemon Pinball. Wanted $3 each and $5 for the Pokemon game and took my offer of $5 for both.

Atlantis was found pretty late (probably about 11:30) with some other PC games, was asking $1 took .50 no problem.

50 Sega Genesis Games, NES Controller, NES Starmaster Joystick - $35

Forgot To Put In Picture - Cliffhanger, Madden NFL 98 & Sub Terrania
Boxed Games With Glare - Sonic, Sonic 2 & Taz Mania
Cart Games With Glare - Shining Force, Sonic & Sonic 2

Game List
Cart Only

Bubsy
Deadly Moves
EXO Squad
NBA Live 97
NHL Hockey
NHL '94
Phantasy Star II
Phantasy Star IV
Shining Force (Just Noticing That The Save Battery Is Loose)
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (Mega Drive)
Sonic Spinball
Super Battleship
Technocop
Valis III

Boxed

Bio Hazard Battle
Doom Troopers
Ecco The Dolphin
Fatal Fury 2
Jurassic Park
King of The Monsters 2
Last Battle
Puggsy (fuck Had To Be Boxed Again)
Madden 97
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
Road Rash 3
Shadowrun
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Taz Mania
Tommy Lasorda Baseball (Sega Classic)

Complete

Animaniacs
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Chakan
Cliffhanger
Last Action Hero
Light Crusader
Madden NFL 98
Maximum Carnage
NHLPA Hockey 93
NHL '94
Phantasy Star III Generations of Doom
Pink Goes To Hollywood
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Shinobi III: Return of The Ninja Master
Spot Goes To Hollywood
Street Fighter II' Special Championship Edition
Strider
Sub Terrania
ToeJam & Earl In Panic On Funkotron

It was late in the day when I got this, probably shortly after 11. I actually found it at a 2 block sale and was surprised it was still around. Table full of Genesis games that was priced $1.50 a game. I offered $20 for all of them which was countered with $50 but could go to $40 and I asked if he'd meet me in the middle at $30 from $40 and he said $35 and I agreed with the controllers added in.

Looked like a handful of games sold but not much before I got to it, I'm thinking that the guy must have been asking more (I'd guess $3 per a game maybe $2) and marked them down after a few hours if they weren't selling too well. He might not have been as willing to deal I'm thinking if it was earlier.

Got out the door late today (about 8:45) was out for about 4 hours and went to a ton of sales today, had about 27 sales on my list in 3 areas including a 2 block sale which ended up only being about 5-10 sales. I also ran into about a dozen sales (possibly being one of the last nice weekends this year) that weren't advertised in the paper so I probably hit about 45 sales total today.

The guy with the Genesis games would surely qualify as a collector. He mentioned that he had about 150 NES games talking to him a bit but said that if (sounded like he was considing) he got rid of them that he would probably look into it online since he seemed to realize that Nintendo stuff typically holds it's value a little better then some of the other old systems that were popular. Looking back I should have left him my number or e-mail incase he wanted to get rid of some of the NES stuff at some point locally if it was too much trouble for too little money to sell all of them online. I also ran into another collector at an unadvertised sale (he was wearing a mario shirt) and he wasen't selling anything but when I asked about old games he mentioned that he collects games and has about 400 himself.

Right before the sale I got the Genesis stuff at one house I asked about games at, at the block sale a guy mentioned having an Atari with paddles and about 30 games but his wife was like it's somewhere lost in the attic. I said so it's not something your interested in getting rid of? And he replied back with how he would look it up online. This proves what I think about some people I ask about games at yardsales. Sometimes when they have video games they don't have an interest in playing they will mention what they have but don't really want to sell it until they dig it out and get some time to do some research on what they have. (Thank you for this eBay :D)

I didn't see too much video game-wise that I passed on and the only way overpriced thing I can think of was one of the Guitar Hero DS games for $25 complete. 2 sales mentioned that I missed video games but didn't mention anything in particular so I'd guess that it was just something like last gen games.

Completely unrelated to video games but one sale I was at had a small trampoline for 1 person, a lady asked how much it was to which the seller (a lady probably about 30 years old) said it was $5. Another lady (probably about 50 and the mother of the lady that said it was $5) acted all disgusted and said that it was a $70 item undermining her and making a stink as if it has to be more. This seemed like a perfect example of what pyoobez called (if IIRC) backseat negotiating :D

bread's done
Back