Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']chrono trigger and super mario RPG are rare, Megaman X 3 and 2 is another one. These sell high on ebay.[/QUOTE]
Expensive=/=rare.

Today I found 2 Sampsonite suitcases for $1 total, I thought they were $1 each but I was wrong. The big one has a few stains inside, but that's all that's wrong with them.

[quote name='slowdive21']
I think it is desireable because it has a 25 pin cable on the back. Or people just want it beacuse it has pretty sparkles. I don't know what the port is used for...Anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Ah yes, the Gameshark Pro. The port on the back is to connect to a PC via the parallel (printer) port. While the Gameshark Pro had built in code creation tools, it required an expansion pak to use them, which caused conflicts with games that required it (Perfect Dark, Donkey Kong 64, etc). So rather than using the built-in, expansion pak eating tools, you could dump the game's memory out to your PC instead. Someone wrote a pretty powerful N64 debugger that let you access and modify the raw assembly language near the end of the system's life, it was pretty cool. The only hitch was that dumping 4 or 8MB of memory over the parallel port was slow as hell.

Still no game scores for us however I did find a box of Goosebumps books for $10. Had numbers 1-63 or 64 I believe and almost all of them were in good condition(2 or 3 had small tears but most were just shelf wear). I had a collection that was only missing 3 or 4 books so I figured I could fill out my collection and then sell the rest on ebay to get my $10 or more likely just gift the other 60ish books to my 10 year old brother.

Went out today to a lot of yard sales and didn't hit much luck. Was looking for older systems but didn't find much of anything.

ATV Offroad Fury 2 (Not for resale)- $1
SSX3- $1

Stack of old Nintendo Power magazines- $1
Book about Lemony Snicket- $.25

Old Muppets Fairy Tale VHS- $.50
Book about penguins-$.50

Gamecube system with 2 GC controllers, Animal Crossing (w/ memory card), Mario Kart Double Dash, Simpsons Hit n Run, Looney Tunes: Back in Action- $20

Might keep a gamecube controller and the two PS2 games and get rid of the rest. I might use the Nintendo Powers to make a collage or something. Have plenty of old EGM mags that I want to do the same with.

I just got back from the local community yard sale. It was fairly disappointing, most were the same houses as last year. It was quite a while until I ran across any gaming stuff... and then it was PS2 Poker titles for $5, Battle Arena Toshinden for the PS for $1, and PSP games for $5... so a bunch of systems I don't own.

I finally saw a really awesome Game Gear with a bunch of games... looked like the dude didn't use it much or else took care of it. Sadly, it was marked $50 so no steal.

I was heading home, defeated, when I stopped at two more and at one, I snagged a Gameboy Pocket and a Gameboy Color for $1. Sadly, both were missing the battery covers. Still, the Color is the same teal shade as the one I paid $20 for with games and the screen looks in better shape, so it was well worth it.

The Gameboy Pocket is Red.

I also snagged the Pulp Fiction Soundtrack on cassette for a quarter (for a friend who has an old school car with a tape deck), an unused coffee mug for a quarter featuring the town's Fort, a Rhino Monkees cassette for my sister for $1 (I've found a few of these in the area now, one was still sealed for that price)

and finally... a Stone Cold Steve Austin cookie jar/bust for $1. It was unpriced, and I thought to myself "if it's a buck or less, I'll buy it" as I just started out. It's going to a friend as I never got him anything when he got married two or three years back. He's a big wrestling and Stone Cold fan.

suprising day today. The weather was gray all morning, and it started to lightly sprinkle by 8:30. There were 3 community sales, one of which seemed to have closed down, not a single sale there. I had only had one find today, but it was pretty good one:

w6s1.jpg

Walked in and saw a stack of games sitting in a box. I flipped through them and saw some good stuff, so I grabbed them all. I offered $5 (marked $1 each), she had to go inside to get the owner, who took 5 with no hesitation. I got:

NES Final Fantasy
NES Crystalis
SNES Madden 95
SNES Madden 98
SNES Super Metroid
SNES Killer Instinct
SNES Tecmo Super NBA Basketball
SNES NBA Jam
SNES Breath of Fire
SNES Breath of Fire 2
SNES Star Fox
SNES Secret of Evermore

Today I went out for the first time this year and had no luck until I went to a huge community yard sale.

dcfc0636.jpg

14 Intellivision games including a sealed copy of Astrosmash.
$5.00 total

dcfc0637.jpg

6 Land Before Time movies
$3.00 total

Tried to CIF $2 for the movies but she was polite and said her kids wanted to sell them originally for $2 each. I was happy with $3 total because I always wanted to see The Land Before Time. Also, I don't have an Intellivision but it was nice to finally find some retro stuff at a yard sale.

This was my first outing ever with the purpose of finding some games. I hit three in the area and only one had games. I picked up the original Diablo for the PC and Legend of Zelda (gold cart) for the NES. It was $1 for them together.

Today was the defining moment of my yard sale career, admittedly short as it may be. Long-winded post, sorry, I just like talking about this stuff too much.

First stop: Halo 1 (xbox). $5, CIF for $3. Not fantastic but I wanted the game anyway.
Next stop: Bunch of PS1 games, $1 each. I figured I'd never find anything else so I got 'em all, 12 for $10. Lots of sports but what the hey. Resident Evil DX made it worthwhile. Pics:

2bcjzd.jpg

PS1 games: ($1)
007 Tomorrow Never Dies, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Medal of Honor, Nascar Heat, NFL GameDay 99, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf, MLB 99, NHL 99, NHL 2000, EA Knockout Kings

PC: ($1)
Unreal Tournament GOTY

Xbox: Halo ($3)

At this point I was thinking, ok, Resident Evil DX and some sports games. I probably won't find anything better. Could I have been more wrong?

So, we pull up on this middle aged guy's sale. He says to me right away "if you're looking for games, this is all I have left". Confusing, right? How did he know? Well, anyway, I was assuming he had just been cleaned out by some of my competition. But when I look down on the table, this is what I saw:

Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits x2, Final Fantasy Anthology (PSX)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2, House of the Dead 2, Evolution 2
Grandia II (no soundtrack unfortunately), Phantasy Star Online, Dreamcast Web Browser

$5 each. I asked if I could get a price break since I bought them all, but he said $45, firm. Still an awesome deal. I told him I've been looking for something like this for months.

Had someone just before me bought even more valuable games than these? I don't know. And I'd prefer not to think about it.

At this point I was already thrilled. I never thought I'd find a big ol' box of Genesis games at another sale, but it happened anyway.

nq7a4m.jpg

Sega Genesis Model 1 w/all cables and 2 controllers
Complete games: Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Sonic Spinball, Jurassic Park, Aladdin, X-men, Batman, NHL 97, Home Alone

Cart & Case (no manual) : Sonic 1 and Sonic & Knuckles

Cart Only: Road Rash, Mortal Kombat II, Start Trek: The Next Generation NBA Jam Tournament Edition, WWF Super Wrestlemania, Sonic 3 (yes,another one)

Sega Genesis Cleaning System, Game Genie & Book

Oddly, Young Indiana Jones, Terminator 2, and F22 have no cartridge. Also, the generic blue N64 case is empty.

$20 for the box. She was firm. I think it was worth it.

All in all, my brother and I spent $78. Way more than some of you cheap-asses would have, I'm sure, but our "shared custody" collection just got a whole lot bigger.

Crap Crap Crap.

No games found today, only spotted a Genesis w/ like 5 games for $50. (passed)

Only bought more kids books for my son. On a side note my brother told me he found a DS for $25 on the other side of town. Then corrected himself and said it was an GBA SP, passed on that two. So no gaming stuff this week. :(

first yard salin day... done!
hit up about... 14 planned ones and about 5-6 unplanned so 20 total.

only three had game stuff... one dude had a 360 with games for CLesq prices, one had a random MLB 2k6 game,

today all i got was

Genesis 16bit(complete with cables) + 2 controllers + sonic + greatest arcade hits +2 books for $5.00
3536710454_e02076b485.jpg

Namco Plug in Aracade Toy $0.50

DVDS - Raiders of the lost ark, temple of doom, kingdom of crystal skull for $2.00

3535894909_16c3b28af8.jpg
3 music cds + a mini paper shredder $5.00

Total - $12.50

there were a ton of garage sales but they were so far apart, i just stayed in 3 areas.

dam i need to fix my digital camera, iphone quality suxxx

nothing special but i was pretty stoked for the indy movies and paper shredder because i wanted to buy raiders of the lost ark at target a while ago... and i dont really remember those two indy movies cause i was too young. plus i was gonna buy a paper shredder..:D

@trikip Land before time is the beezkneez i remember growing up watching that and jurassic park.

@ n3uro wow nice find, ill be so estatic when i find things like that at a sale

@ tribblewars , well do a CAG Rain dance for yard sales together maybe itll help our luck

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, today I actualy found some stuff!! My competition has been out on fridays lately and I havent found anythign for weeks. Today my luck changed, I had to get my car fixed, and didnt start sailing untill 1:00, here is what i found

SNES:(all $1 apiece)
Ninja Gaiden Trilogy!!!(looking for this forever!!)
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country:3
Super Mario world - X2
Super Mario All Stars
Super Mario All Stars + World

NES(all $1 apiece)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3

Guides($2)
Breath of fire
Breath of fire IV

N64 with 5 games including Mario, and Mario Kart plus 2 minty controllers($15)

2 other games I can't remember.

[quote name='panamared']Went to an advertised yard sale in South Superior, WI way out in the fuckin' boonies and the inbred twat had a shitload of NES, SNES, PS1, PS2 games all individually priced. And guess what? All similar to ebay prices. I wanted to fuckin smack her. Some good rare games like Castlevania Dracula X, complete Final Fight 2, 3, Zombies, Mega Man 2, 5, bunch of Zelda's and some other cool stuff, but I walked away. Why do some people think their shit is worth gold at yard sales? Snotknocker, do you ever run into this shit when out prowlin'?[/QUOTE]

Did you try to CIF?? From what I have seen most people like you describe are suckers for a $20, I have talked many of them down.

P.S. If you had a garage sale you would ask e-bay prices wouldnt you?

didnt go out today too much stuff to do
Great score on the MvsC 2 and the 2x copies of FFVII N3UROPOD, that's at least $150 there you can make

I've never seen so many people out yard saling as I have today. A town about 20 miles west of me was having its annual city wide yard sale. It lies in between several other towns so people from multiple towns all descend upon it. I gave up looking in the subdivision areas because it was almost impossible to park my car and at every sale I stopped at people had already beaten me to games.

After I switched over to the poorer side of town I found some awesome deals. I picked up:

- Approx 175 CD's from multiple sales $65. Sold a bunch on SecondSpin when I got home for $208, and I still have about 80 left.

- Two giant boxes of NES games (approx 90), plus I threw in a handful of PS1 games (FFIX, Mortal Kombat 4 & Trilogy, & RE 2), a Battlestar Galactica Miniseries DVD & a FF Legend III Complete for GB. I CIF"D $20 and the lady responded with $30. I yanked out another $5 and she bit. There were several good games in the NES box like Pirates!, Mega Man, SMB 2&3, Zelda, & Bubble Bobble.

didnt find much videogame wise.
bashido blade for 3 bucks. sonic for the GG for a quarter. stack of free nintendo powers.

got two guitar pedals for 10 bucks. MXR distortion + and a DOD phasor 201.

i'm starting to get pist. i found tons of shit last year.

No videogame stuff again this week, but found a yardsale selling dvd's for .25 each. For $4 total, I grabbed:
-I am Legend
-One hour photo
-Wedding Crashers Unrated
-Scary Movie 4
-The Happening
-The Hitcher
-Confidential
-The Descent
-Waterboy
-Eight Crazy Nights
-Remember the Titans
-Beverly Hills Ninja
-Irresistible
-Walking Tall
-Bewitched

I got a lot of random stuff...
Motley Crue Girlsgirlsgirls and a Joan Jett records for .50 each.
I got some awesome CDs for .50 each (some are still sealed). The best one I got was the Clash "london calling" legacy edition with the bonus dvd. (usually $25-$30).

Popples lunch box with thermos for .50

The game stuff:

I got some original Super Mario Bros. Invintations for .10 (still sealed 8 pack)
Tekken 3 guide (hard core) version for .50.
Pokemon Ruby/Saphhire NINTENDO POWER edition for FREE! (I think they usually sell around cover price or more).

Pretty slow today, I went to most of the advertised sales, only one had anything interesting.

Picked up for PS1:
Star Fighter
N20 Nitrous Oxide
Shadow Master
Soviet Strike
Crash Bandicoot: Warped
Crash Bash
CTR (Crash Team Racing)
Destruction Derby
Robo Pit
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Road Rash 3D
Shipwreckers!
Air Combat
Blast Chamber
Game Shark Disc
Red Asphalt

For PS2:
WWE Crash hour
Wipeout Fusion
Dragon Quest 8 Demo (sealed)

For $2 total.

Also picked up a copy of Sonic 3D Blast for PC for $2, and a stargate book for $0.25.

[quote name='Tribblewars']only spotted a Genesis w/ like 5 games for $50. (passed)[/QUOTE]

I have seen bullshit like that all the time so far. I don't understand why bastards think they can charge that much. :bomb:

Finally took a picture of this weekends video game finds.
VG_051609_02_Shrunk.jpg

anyone looking for Nintendo powers or a guide for an EverQuest expansion. picked it up cause i knew people here collect them.

Shadow of The Colossus (Boxed & GH) - $2
Crash Bandicoot (Complete) - $2

Found these at a multi family sale at the social hall in town. Both games had initials and $2 was the IAP on both.

Nintendo 64 With 1st Party Controller, 3rd Party Controller, AC Adaptor & NES/SNES RF Adaptor with piece to connect to N64 systems

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

$3

Found SMBD in a GBC, asked about games. Broght out the N64 with no games offered $3 for them which was taken after thinking it over for a few seconds. I don't think you can see it too well in the picture but the 3rd party controller (SkarkPad 64) is in bad shape and needs to be put out of it's misery.

Sega Genesis 2 in box with 1 (3 button) 1st party controller, AC Adaptor & RF Adaptor

Eternal Champions (Boxed)
Game Genie
Virtua Fighter 2 manual

$4

Saw this marked $5 offerd $2 for it to which the guy responded was too low, I said how about you meet me in the middle then and he said $4 which I agreed on since it was close enough to the middle (3.50) and I don't have a Genesis 2 box.

Non Find BS

Went to about 60 sales and really didn't find anything better then the few boring parting gifts I'm showing here :D I did see some of the usual dreck at a few sales that people should just throw away instead of selling at a yardsale (GBC carrying case but no system or games, PC kid games, old steering wheel controller) I didn't really see anything else good that I passed on except for a PSP with 2-3 games and a UMD but it was definately priced by a kid and too high for anywhere especially a yardsale ($150)

Friday Morning at about 8:20 I was told that I was the third person to ask about video games at this sale and was told that the other 2 were older ladies looking for games for their grandchildren and it sounded to me like it was the same lady that grabbed a Donkey Kong Country 3 for GBA from across a table that I over looked last year. I did happen to see her out and about this morning, it's too bad my grandmother wasen't so dedicated to finding me old games when I was younger!

I had two sales that mentioned games I missed (one was a PS2 sytem the other some PSX or PS2 games) so I didn't get any hints that I missed anything like old cart games, sales were probably just that dry video game wise.

The one sale I asked about video games at the lady mentioned that she had a Nintendo with a "ton" (I'm guessing about 20-25) games but that she was "most likely" keeping it. Sounded like she found it getting ready for the yardsale but decided to pull it out of the attic and play it instead of selling it. Kind of crappy to mention and after I left I was thinking about if I should have tried to get her to bring out and sell any games that they wouldn't play but I was better off not as there (sp?) really probably isn't any way of doing so that wouldn't be rude or pushy.

No major luck today for me. Only gaming items I saw was a N64 w/3 crappy games for $20 and an original Xbox for a whopping $150! WTF! lol

[quote name='ddrlenz']No major luck today for me. Only gaming items I saw was a N64 w/3 crappy games for $20 and an original Xbox for a whopping $150! WTF! lol[/QUOTE]

150 pennies or $1.50 sounds more like it.

[quote name='PotatoGuy']I have seen bullshit like that all the time so far. I don't understand why bastards think they can charge that much. :bomb:

Finally took a picture of this weekends video game finds.
VG_051609_02_Shrunk.jpg

anyone looking for Nintendo powers or a guide for an EverQuest expansion. picked it up cause i knew people here collect them.[/QUOTE]

Does that Nintendo Power still have the Eon Ticket in it? If it does, you can get a nice price for it on ebay.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Does that Nintendo Power still have the Eon Ticket in it? If it does, you can get a nice price for it on ebay.[/QUOTE]

actually it does. what the hell is it? The mag is in perfect condition and the card is still on the paper. Best part was there was a huge stack of NPs near the curb and the people told me i could take them all for free! Anyone have interest in it?

[quote name='PotatoGuy']actually it does. what the hell is it? The mag is in perfect condition and the card is still on the paper. Best part was there was a huge stack of NPs near the curb and the people told me i could take them all for free! Anyone have interest in it?[/QUOTE]

if its the latios/latias ticket thing for pokemon

it seems to go for about $50 on ebay :applause:

Interesting stuff for today:

Boxed Genesis model 1 - $4
Earthworm Jim - $3
2 SNES controllers and NES controller - $3
Eragon, Avatar Buring Earth and 2 copies of Singstar Country - $8
Boxed Fairchild Channel F with 3 games - $10

The Fairchild is going up on my trade list.

finds051609.jpg

[quote name='Furashu']kuros what areas did u hit up in SD?[/QUOTE]

That's for me to know and for you to not find out. ;)

I have enough competition as it is. :)

Just went to one advertising games. They had a bunch of board games. Also had an original Xbox with 2 controllers and NO power cords for $40. Passed on that. Asked about games and she brought out 2 that I had no interest in. I did get the game Hands Down for a dollar, though, because that game rules. So a pretty big bust, I would say, but Hands Down works for me, so I'm happy enough.

YESTERDAYS FINDS
About 30 sales in 4 hours

Top loader NES 2 dogbones, 4 regular controllers (NO POWER SUPPLY) & 70 games
TOTAL $5
Asked for games at this sale and the kid ran in the house and came out with this. Lady said make an offer and I low balled based on the prices of the other things she was selling.

N64 + Gamecube + SNES lot
TOTAL:$10
This sale had a bunch of PS2 games all marked $4 and $5. All of this stuff was in a box under the table after a quick inspection I hoisted up the box and walked towards the lady and shoved $10 bucks in her face which was hesitant on but took anyway

Misc finds
TOTAL: $13.50 for all - Paid .50 for that Bob Marley 5 disc set which will easily turn for $30. so when all is said and done all of today's will be FREE!

I found a brand new Guitar Hero World Tour Guitar Bundle for 360 for $30. That made my day

Also got brand new 24 season 1 and 2 sets for $5

found some stuff today...i dont get to go as much as i used to since i work on Saturdays

Advance Wars DS Dual Strike $3

Kid Icarus cart only gameboy $1

SNES system complete with Mario allstars and Yoshis island
10 gameboy advance kids games and 5 DS games including Guitar Hero (with controller) and Yoshis island ...unfortunately cart only

the little kid wanted $10 for the system and .25 cents for each game:whistle2:s so i just gave him a $20 for everything

No games this weekend. I passed on a gen 1 GBA, and a PS2 arcade stick. Usual sports games and that was it.

I did find a nice copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban UK paperback for .25

Nuttin on Friday and a lil on Sat.

GC Zelda Wind..(complete/mint) $2
Fatty PS2 with two 1st party controllers & mem card $10 (works great)
PS2 micro controller $.50
N64 Mario 64 $.25

entry level Fender strat with small crate amp $40

and finally saw my first garage sale PS3 (40 gig in the box) $250 firm

Yard sale and pawn shop finds from yesterday:

N64 system w/ RAM expansion
2 controllers
2 rumble packs
1 memory card
Goldeneye 64
Perfect Dark
V-Rally 64
NASCAR 99
Monster Truck Madness 64
$2.00

I really don't like picking up systems these days because they're such a hassle to store or sell, but this one said "Make offer." I threw out a lowball offer of $2 and the lady took it without hesitation, because it's missing the AV cord.

Master TV Game Famiclone
2 wireless controllers
1 "Super Fighters TV Game"
$1

I like famiclones. I don't know why. Something about a pirated Nintendo 8-bit appeals to me. I actually passed up a different famiclone later. I figured 1 was enough for one day. Also, the "Super Fighters TV Game" has some SWEET Engrish on it.

When the most beautiful things,
silence, and justice are being
challenged by bad elements, you
could not hide and away. You should
brave them with your intelligence.

Fight for the Peace!
By "intelligence" here, I think they mean punch some mofos in the face. It's a very loose definition.

Casio fx-7400G Graphic Calculator
$1

This will be a good flip come August.

Sony Walkman Psyc
$2

Nyko Airflo Wireless PS2 controller (with inner fan) (not pictured)
$5

$5 is a lot more than I would usually pay for a controller at a yard sale, but I really like Nyko's Airflo controllers, and I've already worn out 2 of them previously.

Pawn shop finds:

Shadow Hearts Covenant $5.99
Ys Ark of Napishtim $5.99
Super Bust-a-move $5.99
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II $5.99
Dirt PS3 $14.99

I had an okay weekend. I only went through two neighborhoods, but I really have enough money to do more than that. I need a job.

1st pic:
Buffalo Router - $5
Pedometer - Free
2nd version NES - $2

2nd pic:
4 playstation games $5

3rd pic:

$5 NES and 1 SNES game

I went out and visited a nicer neighborhood this weekend. I found the router and pedometer at the same sale and the lady threw the pedometer in with the router. I didn't need another router, but this one you can modify with DD-WRT and easily switch it into a access point. The pedometer is nice since it can be connected to a computer.

The NES I found at the same same sale as the games in the games in the third picture. It's nice to have a NES that works without you having to do a lot of cleaning or replacing of connectors. It sucks that it only has RF out, but I have seen mod to give it audio and video out. I'm definitely keeping that.

The games in the second pic I found at a sale with a bunch of games that were over priced. I found these RPGs and was excited, but found their condition wasn't very good. They were marked $5 each, but did CIF for $5 because of the condition. I had to use alcohol and quetips to clean the bottom of the discs. They're working now, but I don't think I would want to sell the extras.

I got these games at the same sale where I found the nes. I asked about more games and he got the nes and these. I could have grabbed more from the box, but I only grabbed what interested me. I'll keep the track one and the simpsons one, but the others are going with SNES and A NES I'm going to sell. I have a new connector on order for the toaster style NES I found last week.

[quote name='Kuros']Interesting stuff for today:

Boxed Genesis model 1 - $4
Earthworm Jim - $3
2 SNES controllers and NES controller - $3
Eragon, Avatar Buring Earth and 2 copies of Singstar Country - $8
Boxed Fairchild Channel F with 3 games - $10

The Fairchild is going up on my trade list.

finds051609.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Damn . . . I wanted a Fairchild when I was a kid . . . I used to play it at a JCPenny store . . .

I hit about 20 sales this weekend and found almost no games. Even asking about videogames brought nothing. Maybe I'll do better next week.

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']God damn Snotknocker. You hit the motherload every week!!! lol

5 dollars for all those games is amazing...[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I mean, I found some good stuff this week so I'm not jealous or anything, but damn. I don't think there's anyone around here who even HAS 70 games, and if they did they'd never let 'em go for $5.

finds051709.jpg

Bare NES deck - $4
2 Xbox/GCN/PS2 RF multiouts - $3
Mario Party 5 - $5
PS2 Network Adapter - $1
Alleyway, Paperboy, Volleyball, Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle - $8
Zelda, Contra, Mike Tyson's Punch Out, Super Mario 3, Maniac Mansion and Ultima - $20

do u guys normally just hit up all yard sales in a specific area or do u just look for keywords like games or video games?

All in all i went to 30/35 sales this week
and only 4 or 5 had games.

mostly clothes and kids toys....
will change my strategy this coming weekend.

thanks for the quick reply kube00! :)

bread's done
Back