Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

I bought a bunch of stuff today, nothing particularly exciting.

D-link wireless router - 2$, plugged it in and it lights up, no idea how it works with the internet, not attempting to hook it up unless I really need to (my router is 4 years old and will probably die soon so now I have another). Came with ethernet cord. Hilarious that I found a router for 2$, usually wireless routers around here come with a 40$ or more price tag at a yard sale.

Last week I saw a kirby vacuum, 15$, no idea how I would flip a vacuum that heavy for money and no idea if it worked. No one on craigslist would pay much for a vacuum around my area. Only mentioning it because there is so much vacuum talk on these forums, lol.

Other finds.

Video Now XP player 1$ - works fine with one disc inside
Littlest pet shop plug n play - 1.25
Crayola plug n play - 1$
Dora plug n play - 1$
Bratz Diary - 50 cents

I see these plug n play games for $3-5 everywhere and I can get more on ebay around xmas time so I buy them whenever I can for 1$ each.

[quote name='SaraAB']I bought a bunch of stuff today, nothing particularly exciting.

D-link wireless router - 2$, plugged it in and it lights up, no idea how it works with the internet, not attempting to hook it up unless I really need to (my router is 4 years old and will probably die soon so now I have another). Came with ethernet cord. Hilarious that I found a router for 2$, usually wireless routers around here come with a 40$ or more price tag at a yard sale.

Last week I saw a kirby vacuum, 15$, no idea how I would flip a vacuum that heavy for money and no idea if it worked. No one on craigslist would pay much for a vacuum around my area. Only mentioning it because there is so much vacuum talk on these forums, lol.

Other finds.

Video Now XP player 1$ - works fine with one disc inside
Littlest pet shop plug n play - 1.25
Crayola plug n play - 1$
Dora plug n play - 1$
Bratz Diary - 50 cents

I see these plug n play games for $3-5 everywhere and I can get more on ebay around xmas time so I buy them whenever I can for 1$ each.[/QUOTE]

Ya, people around here think that routers are Gold, If I see them they are usually priced as higher than most PC sites sell new ones for. I did manage to get a wireless N NIB for $4 last year the lady had no idea how to hook it up. I was stoked, I had just priced that exact router the week before...$130!!! To bad I had purchased a $40 the day before :(

[quote name='darkslime']I always see routers in piles of junk, probably cheap. Are any router worth picking up? I don't really know much about it.[/QUOTE]
Some routers are worth picking up. Linksys is a good type to look for. Certain models of linksys routers can be modified with custom firmware such as DD-WRT or tomato. These open up a lot of options that you won't find in the official firmware. I would check the sites of the of the custom firmware to see what is compatible. Most of those are probably good ones.

Lots of sales but little gaming...

Cobalt DS Lite (handheld only) scratched screen with a short yellow? stylus? stuck in the stylus slot...so far not working... $6

Few PS2/GC games (nothing notable) $.10-$.25

10 Disney DVDs (8 minty) $10 ttl

What I am seeing here is horribly overpriced clothes, VHS are 1$ at every sale, and no one is buying anything. I couldn't get rid of my VHS tapes for 25 cents each in this area. I refuse to pay more than 25 cents per VHS tape, if I even want them. People want 50$ or more for color TV's from the 80s, obviously they are sitting there unsold. People no one is going to buy your used toddler and baby toys for 5$ each or more.

I was really lucky to get what I got this weekend.

I have an idea why this is though, because to put an ad in the paper for a yard sale it is EXPENSIVE, like more than 50$ for a weekend ad. People have to recoup what they spent for the ad, but the higher you price your stuff the less people buy. 99% of people end up donating the items at their yard sale at the end of the sale, as NO ONE, and I mean no one wants to pack it up and bring it back in the house (if you have ever put on a yard sale you know this). So I don't understand the overpriced mentality, since you are just going to be donating stuff anyways if you don't sell it, your better off selling things for 25 cents and taking the quarter rather than donating everything. If I walk into a sale and see it is extremely overpriced then I just walk away quickly without buying anything, I suspect many others do the same.

Yard sale shoppers in this area want 25 and 50 cent items, rarely are people going to spend more than a couple bucks at a sale, no one goes out of their house with more than 20$ in their pocket, if they did this would be extremely rare. I mean we are talking yard sale shoppers here, we want extreme bargains and we want cheap!

I don't know who is going to buy used toddler pants for 3$ though, because that is how they are priced here. I saw several lawns completely full of clothing, that were $3-5 per item and no budging on the price. I don't know what these people think they are going to do with all those used clothes. I have a thrift near me that charges 3$ a bag for clothing and I can pull some awesome stuff from there. I can get 12-13 items into a bag and get the whole thing for 3$.

not too much but more then i thought i would find.

VG_053009_01_Shrunk.jpg

Closeups and pricing in spoilers. Wanted to share pictures as i love checking everyone's stuff out!

Pac-Man Mug $.05
Its going to be nice for my desk at work!
VG_053009_02_Shrunk.jpg
NES: Wizards and Warriors III,
Atari 2600: Star Wars The Empire Strikes Back, Warloards
All 3 for 4 bucks out the door.
VG_053009_03_Shrunk.jpg
PS2: Kingdom Hearts II $3 said he never even played it.
VG_053009_05_Shrunk.jpg
PS1: Crusaders of Might and Magic, Oddworld Abe's Exoddus (Missing Manual but has both disks)
PS2: The Nightmare of Druaga (anyone know if this is any good?)
all three for $4
VG_053009_04_Shrunk.jpg
N64: Forsaken 64, Vigilante 8, Hexen, Mario Kart 64, Mario 64, Waverace 64, Superman 64 (Oh Boy!), Pilotwings 64, Star Wars: The Battle for Naboo
all for $5
VG_053009_07_Shrunk.jpg
NES: System plus 4 games two of them boxed $7
ICE Hockey (boxed), To The Earth (Boxed), Mario/Duckhunt, and Trick Shooting
VG_053009_06_Shrunk.jpg
Stack of Johhny Comics for $1
Never Say Never Again (DVD) $1
Weird Florida $2 (will sit nicely next to my weird Michigan book)
Stack o' CDs (2.25 total) :
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness,
Beck - Odelay,
Pearl Jam - No Code,
Hendrix - Band of Gypsies,
No Doubt - Tragic Kingdom,
Beastie Boys - Check Your Head,
Bush - Sixteen Stone,
Cake - Fashion Nugget,
Social Distortion - White Light White Heat White Trash
Other_053009_01_Shrunk.jpg

[quote name='SaraAB']Last week I saw a kirby vacuum, 15$, no idea how I would flip a vacuum that heavy for money and no idea if it worked. No one on craigslist would pay much for a vacuum around my area. Only mentioning it because there is so much vacuum talk on these forums, lol.[/QUOTE]

If you have a vacuum repair guy around where you live, check them out. They know their models and how to get them running good as new. Only problem is if they try to lowball you. Most around here are good. In fact, the one guy traded my great grandmother her old 50's vaccuum for two new namebrand new ones he serviced.

Oh, and nice find on the plug 'n plays. I was walking back from the video store a few months ago and passed a house with a few "FREE" boxes out front. I dug through the crap and found a Spongebob one for my nephews.

I was out today to two, with no luck in gaming stuff. I sort of figured as one was all the way across town and I didn't get out until like 11. I ended up picking up two toy cell phones for my nephews for $1, and told my dad the one house is for sale as we're moving soon. 6 bedrooms and 2 two car garages for whatever the bank wants to cover the loans. I'll have to laugh if we end up buying a house thanks a yard sale.

[quote name='darkslime']I would've grabbed at least Pokemon. That's a good deal for $3, they sell for $15 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Damn I had no idea... Oh well

@N3UROP0D

That PS1 is a good find, audiophiles love it, there is whole thread over at forums just for that. Sony used a top of the line DAC right off the board to the audio outputs people use them in big money audio set ups.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']
@N3UROP0D

That PS1 is a good find, audiophiles love it, there is whole thread over at forums just for that. Sony used a top of the line DAC right off the board to the audio outputs people use them in big money audio set ups.[/QUOTE]
I think I have one of those, is it PSX or PSone?

First big scores of the season for me. OMG too many N64's its a good thing I am building up my collection.

1st score of the weekend:
IMG_0114.jpg
N64
2 1st Party Controllers
Memory Card
Games: Toy Story 2, Mickey's Speedway USA, Goldeneye 007, Diddy Kong Racing
- was asking $25 for it all, CIF'd $10 and they took it. -

2nd score:
IMG_0115.jpg
N64 + expansion pack
1 third party controller
1 Golden Controller
Following Games: Star Wars Shadows of the Empire, Command & Conquer, Duke Nukem 64, Perfect Dark, Pokemon Stadium 2, Castlevania 64, WCW/nWo Revenge
- Asking $15 for it all, just gave it to her because it was all in excellent condition.

3rd Score of the Weekend:
IMG_0117.jpg
36 Misc. Game Guides :shock:
- Asking .50 each. CIF'd $2 for all and they took it :D

4th Score of the Weekend....
IMG_0116-1.jpg
Had 2 GBA Games (The Urbz & Tony Hawk Underground 2) out on a table marked $2 each, CIF'd $2 for both. Then asked for old Nintendo game and they pulled out Ken Griffy Major League & Battletoads/Double Dragon! :D
- CIF'd $5 for all

5th Score - used my luck points up on this one...seriously...
IMG_0113.jpg

Here we go...
Playstation 2, 2 sets of cables, 1 wired controller, 1 6ft extension, & eye toy, dvd remote with sensor, 8MB memory card
N64 (again), 2 1st party controllers, set of cables, 5 games (Pokemon Stadium, 1080 Snowboarding, Diddy Kong Racing, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis) GB transfer pak.
Special edition Gameboy Color, Madcatz accessory kit, rubber case, 7 games (Mortal Kombat 4, Pokemon - pikachu edition, Blue Pokemon, Silver Pokemon, Frogger, Harvest Moon GBC, Quest of Camelot)
Silver Game Boy Advance SP: Light accessory, 4 games (Super Mario Advance, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Metroid Prime Fusion, The Sims 2)
6 way svideo switcher w/ cables
FM transmitter

- Total cost..... $20 for all.

Good weekend!

[quote name='SaraAB']I don't know who is going to buy used toddler pants for 3$ though, because that is how they are priced here. I saw several lawns completely full of clothing, that were $3-5 per item and no budging on the price. I don't know what these people think they are going to do with all those used clothes. I have a thrift near me that charges 3$ a bag for clothing and I can pull some awesome stuff from there. I can get 12-13 items into a bag and get the whole thing for 3$.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on the toddler clothes, as well as baby clothing. 2 years ago,we my wife was pregnant with our son, we found a ton of good deals. Not just on clothes but everything. Flash forward to now,pregnant with our daughter, and we've spent more at one sale than we did at multiple sales that year. It's just crazy. Hopefullynext weekend is better,an entire subsdivision is having a sale.

All of this craziness in a small Indiana town. Would hate to see metroplises, can only imagine.

[quote name='Kfoster1979']

@N3UROP0D

That PS1 is a good find, audiophiles love it, there is whole thread over at forums just for that. Sony used a top of the line DAC right off the board to the audio outputs people use them in big money audio set ups.[/QUOTE]

But is it really that rare? I've got two, but I only bought them because they're easier to mod and play imports on.

I did a blog this week for those that like to read the detailed stories since my post was more out of hand then usual :D

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=8717

Ms. Pac-Man Handheld (Made by Micro Games USA) - .10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donkey Kong Junior Table Top Arcade - $1.50

N64 with A/V Cords, Power Plug, 2 1st Party Controllers (Gray & Atomic Purple)

Golden Eye 007
Quake
Mario Kart 64 (PC)

GBA Games

Super Mario Bros. (Complete)
Super Mario Advance 2: Super Mario World (Complete With Map)
Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (Complete With Level Card Unopened)

Pocket Bomberman (GBC)

$30

Mortal Kombat II - .50

GameBoy In Generic Case With Link Cable, Super Mario Land Manual & Game Genie

Paperboy
Solar Strike
Tetris

$5

Ehrgeiz: God Bless The Ring (Guide)
Final Fantasy X (Guide With Poster Still Intact)

$1

1st Party NES Controllers x2, NES 1st Party AC Adaptor

Narc
Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (With only the front/back cover of the manual unfornately)
P.O.W.
Skate Or Die
Tecmo Bowl
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game
Tetris

Sonic The Hedgehog: Robotnik's Revenge (Book)

$5ish

Hit about 25 sales, mostly bust, but I picked up a few things..

Gameboy Color Lime w/ Donkey Kong Country - $2
Box of misc Texas Instruments cables/controllers/Parsec game and an old EGM (#112) - $1
Ti-83+ graphing calculator w/ instruction book - $4 (should be a nice flip come August/Sept)
My brother picked up a Canucks jersey for $1.

The only things I saw that I wanted but passed on was a SNES w/6 games for $35 (all common), and a Genesis M2 w/no games for $15 (only reason I wanted was for the box since I don't have one), but they were firm on the prices.

I'll post what I got a little later on, but today I ran into a doozy. $200 for an NES with Mario/Duck Hunt, Ghostbusters, and TMNT. Seller was a walking stereotype, beer gut, mustard stained wifebeater, on his fifth can of Coors at 9 a.m. He claimed he paid alot for "those tapes and that player", and figures this is a fair price. I asked if he'd go a dollar on Ghostbusters and got kicked out of his sale. Some people.

finds053009.jpg

Final Fantasy 4, Disgaea DS and FFTA2 - $15
NCAA 08 - $1
Guitar Hero 3 - $5
PS2 Network Adapter and PS1 memory card - $5
Logitech wireless mouse - $.25
Vantec 80mm case fan - $1

My legs = Sexy

Edit: Forgot to put in

Rock Band Drum Set - $15

Hit about 25 sales, total bust. Only vaguely video-game related item was some weird VR headset thing for the PC. I also noticed a lot of stuff seemed high compared to years past, with people asking $3-4 for books (good luck) and crap that probably would have been a quarter previously. Hopefully things will pick up a bit when it gets warmer.

50 cents- CastleQuest NES cart only with sleeve

$3- Rolling Thunder (unlicensed), NES Open Tournament Golf, Faxanadu, Pro Wrestling, Caveman Games, Time Lord, Star Voyager, Wizards and Warriors, and Intruder (All cart only, NES)

Got those yesterday with my grandparents.

[quote name='Splatoon']Hit about 25 sales, total bust. Only vaguely video-game related item was some weird VR headset thing for the PC. I also noticed a lot of stuff seemed high compared to years past, with people asking $3-4 for books (good luck) and crap that probably would have been a quarter previously. Hopefully things will pick up a bit when it gets warmer.[/QUOTE]

Hey, I think I hit that sale too! Were they $20 and new in box?

I asked about games and they said they'd ask their kids to bring some out today, but I'm not going to have a chance to go today. You could go check it out again!

[quote name='Kuros']
Final Fantasy 4, Disgaea DS and FFTA2 - $15[/QUOTE]

Very Nice!!! One thing I dont find around here are DS games. I'm not sure why, the game stores can't keep them in stock so people must have tons at home. Plus that is a nice lot of them, seems like when I do find them they are mostly girl games.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I hear you on the toddler clothes, as well as baby clothing. 2 years ago,we my wife was pregnant with our son, we found a ton of good deals. Not just on clothes but everything. Flash forward to now,pregnant with our daughter, and we've spent more at one sale than we did at multiple sales that year. It's just crazy. Hopefullynext weekend is better,an entire subsdivision is having a sale.

All of this craziness in a small Indiana town. Would hate to see metroplises, can only imagine.[/QUOTE]

There is so much baby stuff here it is not even funny, almost EVERY single sale I go to is children under 6 and parents selling off all of their kids stuff. People really do want their stuff to come out of a box or bag and are afraid of used stuff, yet my area is 70% welfare people or more so you would think that yard sale items are in high demand but they are not. People have 4 or more kids here, I know 3 families on my block alone that have 4 kids each so you would also think kids stuff would be in high demand. Baby stuff does not sell at all here, kids clothes even at 25 cents a piece sometimes do not sell. You never see the parents of older children having a yard sale, why I do not know. Prices vary here by house though, so you will run into tables of clothing for 25 cents a piece as well as those charging 5$ for one kids outfit.

For my area this was really the first weekend of full fledged yard sale season, memorial day doesn't net much as everyone is partying. Its too cold before then to do yard sales. Perhaps later in the season prices will get lower.

People ask 3-4 for books here, 5$ for plug n play games, I am NOT paying 5$ for a plug n play game. Some people ask $3-4 per VHS but today I found a house asking 10 cents for VHS, but the $3-4 houses are more common. I don't care how much you paid for that plug n play game, used stuff is used stuff. These things really should be selling for less than a dollar each but I can barely get them down to a dollar most of the time. I want to assemble a mass collection of plug n play games (I am doing pretty good so far!). But I have had to pass up many because the price is too high then they say they can't go any lower on the item. I have used CIF but I just can't get the prices down on the plug n play games.

Overslept this weekend but last weekend I got
Ecco Tides of Time (with box and manual) $1
Rock Band drums with a broken pedal $2

I had a replacement for the broken part of the pedal.

I see the same thing with prices going up at yardsales, I actually saw a VCR the other week marked $20 and it's not uncommon to see them marked at $10 around me even though (sp?) I'll see them not going anywhere fast if they are marked say $1-3 and I'm sure if I looked close enough just about everything is priced higher at many yardsales. I've seen a few TVs from the early mid 90s over the last month/year marked around $50, I'm no expert on the value of old TVs but I'd say that that's way to much for anywhere let alone a yardsale :D

It's too bad but unfornately it's 2009 and more people are having yardsales to make money more so then they used to in order to get rid of unwanted stuff that wasen't being used. Many houses seem to set up and have a yardsale year after year in my town with the same old stuff with very little added instead of throwing out or donating the dreck that didn't sell after the sale is over. The deals still seem to be out there (sp?) in my area non the less even if it's not as many and not as cheap on the average as they used to be.

I've also seen next to no old cart games at the flea market this year and I think it's partly because flea market sellers probably just ain't finding the stuff dirt cheap at yardsales this year and if they do see old games at yardsales they are probably too pricey for them to buy and make a few bucks at the flea.

finds053109.jpg

Kind of a pricey day today

RE2, RE3, Power Stone 2, MvC2, Sonic Adventure 2, North and South - $30
2 Starfire DC guns - $20
SNES turbo controller - $1
Zelda OoT and Magical Tetris Challenge - $5

Not a lot of good stuff today, did pick up two DVD racks for $5 each though, i think they hold ~150 DVDs each. Good timing since i needed them.

The same sale that had the dvd racks had a used 360 rock band bundle for $100, that was the only game i saw today.

[quote name='FOnewearl']I see the same thing with prices going up at yardsales, I actually saw a VCR the other week marked $20 and it's not uncommon to see them marked at $10 around me even though (sp?) I'll see them not going anywhere fast if they are marked say $1-3 and I'm sure if I looked close enough just about everything is priced higher at many yardsales. I've seen a few TVs from the early mid 90s over the last month/year marked around $50, I'm no expert on the value of old TVs but I'd say that that's way to much for anywhere let alone a yardsale :D

It's too bad but unfornately it's 2009 and more people are having yardsales to make money more so then they used to in order to get rid of unwanted stuff that wasen't being used. Many houses seem to set up and have a yardsale year after year in my town with the same old stuff with very little added instead of throwing out or donating the dreck that didn't sell after the sale is over. The deals still seem to be out there (sp?) in my area non the less even if it's not as many and not as cheap on the average as they used to be.

I've also seen next to no old cart games at the flea market this year and I think it's partly because flea market sellers probably just ain't finding the stuff dirt cheap at yardsales this year and if they do see old games at yardsales they are probably too pricey for them to buy and make a few bucks at the flea.[/QUOTE]

Here is how I value things:

Old CRT TV's should probably run you no more than $5-10 especially if they are woodgrain from the 80's. These are CRT's they aren't even being sold in stores anymore and they are completely obsolete. You see ads for free TV's all the time on Craigslist and many people have given them out free on freecycle here. Sometimes a TV will not even be claimed even when it is free and works on freecycle. What gives these people the illusion that their old junky TV is worth more than 10$ is beyond me.

I see people trying to pass off old CRT computer monitors for 15-20$, CRT computer monitors should be FREE and no more. I have seen monitors priced at 1$ and they don't move, again, monitors posted on freecycle rarely ever get taken.

VCR should be $1-3

Books should be 25 cents, the library wants your business if they cost any more than that.

VHS should be 25 cents, DVD's are already practically obsolete. I had a yard sale and I couldn't give VHS tapes away 5 for a dollar (I was just giving them away at the end).

Clothes should be bag sale 3$ a bag at the most. Or like 25 cents to 1$ per item. Great way to get rid of unwanted used clothing, especially if you have a lot. At my sale last year I did 1$ a bag and cleaned out quite a bit of clothing. I was just going to donate it anyways so might as well let people take it off the lawn for cheap. Most people who have lawns of used clothing now want 3-5$ per item for used worn out stuff, its not even good brands.

Toys should be extremely cheap, no one wants used toys, because their kids already have too many toys. When I had my sale last year I couldn't get people to take toys for 25 cents an item and they were things that now would cost 5$ at a sale. 80% of toys at sales are missing critical parts or are broken in some way from use and abuse and are full of kid grime and take a long time to clean up.

I get the repeat sales here but I just skip over those (I think every town has this problem), there are enough other sales here where there aren't that many repeats. The repeats are also run by people who usually vastly overprice their stuff so we just avoid.

The problem here is that people are unwilling to bargain this year so far, last year I did CIF at nearly every yard sale and it worked 99.9% of the time. Now I can't even get a dollar off on what I am buying, they want the tagged price and that's it.

Anyone know what kind of language to use when dealing with these people, they say things like "i can't go lower on that", "that one costs more", "I wanted x for that and that's it". Is there anything I can say to counter these statements and to get them to lower their prices? Its like pulling teeth out there.....

Finally got something worth posting...
flea mkt find : Xenogears PS1 complete and minty!! Discs have some fingerprints on them, but that's all. Marked $5 and offered him $3. I'm feeling too lazy to take a pic, but it's my first good find for awhile!

[quote name='SaraAB']

Anyone know what kind of language to use when dealing with these people, they say things like "i can't go lower on that", "that one costs more", "I wanted x for that and that's it". Is there anything I can say to counter these statements and to get them to lower their prices? Its like pulling teeth out there.....[/QUOTE]Try saying you can't go any higher than that, and point out the flaws in it. Walk away fromt the sale very slowly.

[quote name='Sinnbox']^ LOL @ them for getting upset about N64 games then selling you that lot for $30!![/QUOTE]

Well you see, the kid had the right idea. After his dad was like "it should be $10 an N64 game!!1", the kid was like "yeah, but this is a yardsale and we can't charge retail prices". So the kid went inside to grab the Wii/GCN games, and his dad was thankfully dealing with someone else while I negotiated with him (I really didn't even negotiate, he set the $30 price and I took it). Was pleased to find everything complete and minty as well, so many games I've found lately have been grimy and smoke-smelling, and scratched to hell.

[quote name='camelking6969']i had a yardsale yesterday and made a killing . we had over 150 people coming to it.[/QUOTE]

How do you get that much traffic? Are you well located on a main road?

Just hit up about 30 garage sales in the last 3 days yesterday piked up 3 xbox games halo 2 for 2 bucks tetris worlds for 2 bucks and pro race driver for two bucks so i paid 6 for the 3. Today i was on a mission to find any and all 64 games and or accessories i didnt do so good at first but came across 5 64 games madden 99 madden 00 quarterback club 98 star wars pod racers and Zelda majors mask holographic all those 5 games for 5 BUcks!!!!!!!!!!!
I also pcked up nba live05 mvp baseball 04 and gun for xbox all for 5 bucks!!!!

[quote name='Samus']How do you get that much traffic? Are you well located on a main road?[/QUOTE] When we had one a couple years ago there were so many people coming to it. We started at 7:00 but there were people coming to the door at 4:00 am.

[quote name='Gaboury2379']Just hit up about 30 garage sales in the last 3 days yesterday piked up 3 xbox games halo 2 for 2 bucks tetris worlds for 2 bucks and pro race driver for two bucks so i paid 6 for the 3. Today i was on a mission to find any and all 64 games and or accessories i didnt do so good at first but came across 5 64 games madden 99 madden 00 quarterback club 98 star wars pod racers and Zelda majors mask holographic all those 5 games for 5 BUcks!!!!!!!!!!!
I also pcked up nba live05 mvp baseball 04 and gun for xbox all for 5 bucks!!!![/QUOTE]

WOW!!! Sweet deals dude! You sure now how to hit up them garage sales buddy :applause:

[quote name='Samus']How do you get that much traffic? Are you well located on a main road?[/QUOTE]
we put an ad in the paper and put up plenty of signs. signs are most important thing in a good yardsale

[quote name='camelking6969']we put an ad in the paper and put up plenty of signs. signs are most important thing in a good yardsale[/QUOTE]

This, so hard.

If I cant follow your signs to a sale, then forget it.

I love when people put up dozens of signs, and I show up at the house and there's just no sale or anything, not even a "cancelled" sign. I could understand if it happened once or twice, but it's a pretty frequent occurence. What is wrong with people?

[quote name='N3UROP0D']I love when people put up dozens of signs, and I show up at the house and there's just no sale or anything, not even a "cancelled" sign. I could understand if it happened once or twice, but it's a pretty frequent occurence. What is wrong with people?[/QUOTE]

My favorite is when people put up all sorts of signs pointing in the direction of their street for like 10 miles.....and then fail to put one up on the last block.

[quote name='camelking6969']i had a yardsale yesterday and made a killing . we had over 150 people coming to it.[/QUOTE]

I get a similar result when we have a garage sale. We are actually planning on having one on June 20th. But we usually run Friday-Saturday-Sunday and really make a killing.

What kind of stuff do you guys even sell?

I think it's my location. I'm middle class but I live around a lot of upper middle class/high class homes who probably aren't interested in going to yard sales.

[quote name='Samus']What kind of stuff do you guys even sell?

I think it's my location. I'm middle class but I live around a lot of upper middle class/high class homes who probably aren't interested in going to yard sales.[/QUOTE]we just sell various crap around the house; old clothes, furniture, etc.

i live in a lower middle class neighborhood in the center of the city, and people from mexico drive up to the city i live in just to go yard saling, so that's probably why we make so much.

Like i said craigslist is a great place to advertise whenever you have one. Put up an ad. Alot of bargain hunters will check it out if it looks promising enough.

All you need is enough exposure.

Here's my yardsale finds from a week ago:
Yardsales (my son fell asleep in the car so I used it as an opportunity to hit up a few yardsales which I've never really done before)
1st - selection of cpu games ($2 each), xcom collector's complete , unopened Battle realms , Civ II x 2 (one was gold multiplayer, flop), Steel panthers 2, also bought Mac office 2004 .
2nd - 2 ps2's just sitting there marked $5 each (no games, 1 with NA). I ask if they're working, girl says no and says I can have both for $1!, random puzzles, books and crafts for the kids.
3rd - Nothing marked, teenagers running it. A SHITLOAD of stuff for $50 including sealed print server, 4 linksys routers, SideWinder Dual Strike pc controller, ibm thinkpad dvd player, box full of cuisinart food processor and related parts, Tivo series 2 (didn't know it's worthless), Camcorder that is $100 on ebay, 5 designer keychains that fetch $5-10 each on ebay, sealed minidiscs (worthless), two cordless logitech keyboards, plus more I can't even remember
4th - nothing
5th - $20 1 nice piece of carry-on ralph lauren luggage that rolls, all-in one printer since my wife needs a scanner, old electronic trains, cpu speaker set for my father in law
6th - Guy had random ps1 games, I said how much for all 10 since had oddworld and Resident Evil, she said $5 each, I laughed and just bought RE as oddworld's disc wasn't even there.

finds060109.jpg

Starting off the month good

Capcom vs SNK, Starlancer and Fighting Force 2 - $12
Diddy Kong Racing, Donkey Kong 64, Banjo Kazooie and Time Crisis - $10
Professor Layton - Traded for

bread's done
Back