Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

Today's stuff

Bleach manga vol. 1-15 + DBZ vol. 1 - $25 (wanted $5 each, so not too bad)
Zelda OOT official guide - $2 (not exactly mint but pretty good)

These were only a couple bucks each, don't really remember the exact prices.
Warcraft 2 Expansion (somehow I never owned this until now)
Super Swing Golf (Wii)
Star Wars Monopoly LE (yes, I am a lame-o, thanks for asking)
Green Day - Bullet In A Bible DVD

Nothing earth-shaking but after a couple of weeks of not being able to go out I'm just glad to not be empty-handed.

I didn't find anything good at the other two I went to. They were old people, so all I ended up getting was a computer chair for $10. (I needed one with wheels)

I just had ended up going to Bull Moose and getting Crash Team Racing for PS1 for $9. Not the best deal, but whatever. I like that game.

Today was pretty good, considering I hit up pretty much the same area as yesterday and found some Saturday only sales, mostly unadvertised.

I ended up getting Legend of Zelda: OoT, Rampage World Tour (I rented this years ago and enjoyed it the hell out of it) and Pokemon Snap for $1 each. I'll likely be selling Snap or donating it to my nephews if I ever find any N64 controllers.

I also snagged two third party PS2 controllers for my dad for $1 each. They had games for $6 each, but none of them looked worth it (mostly racing).

Finally, I picked up a copy of Power Rangers Time Force on VHS for .50 for my nephews and a universal grill ignitor and button for my dad. Our grill isn't lighting, he thinks it just needs cleaned, but the ignitor was $1 in the box.

I passed on a PS/PS2 racing wheel for $1 (it was Mad Catz I believe, and a little too heavy for me to bother carrying home like two miles), a portable VHS player for $5 (again, too heavy) and an Orion VHS player (it was make offer and didn't have the red audio jacks). My Orion is still running really well, but I've been on a lookout for another, preferably the same model... it was like a $30 model at Wal-Mart so I'm surprised I never see them.

I actually had my own yard sale with some old stuff we got from my grandmother and some kid's toys. They were all priced just to get rid of them, most things being 1 or 2 bucks. I brought in $70 and it was pretty slow today. I'm happy about getting rid of stuff I'll never use and making some money. Nobody even tried haggling, that was somewhat disappointing.

I went to my first yard sales in 3 weeks today. I didn't find anything especially rare, but some good prices.

* PC games from Goodwill, all complete:
* Breach 3 - $2.59
* Thunderscape - $2.59
* Ring - $2.59
* Birds of Prey - $2.59
* Star Wars: Tie Fighter - $2.59
* Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Dungeon Hack - $1.59
* Excitebike - $2

* Final Fantasy X - $3
* Super Punch-Out!! - $0.25
* Munchies VHS (OOP horror) - $0.50
* Resident Evil Director's Cut, disc only - $0.50
* Intec Gamecube screen (missing power... grr) - $2
* Street Fighter Anniversary Collection promo T-shirt XL - $0.25 (available for trade if anyone's interested)
* Mad Catz Gamecube controller - $1

I did spot one rare thing today... a Moonwalker VHS. But it was being guarded -- and I do mean guarded -- by two fat sassy women. They gave me the whole pitch "This has Moonwalker... and Billy Jean... and Smooth Criminal..." etc etc and then told me to make an offer. "$5?" They laughed at me. I think they wanted $100. "You can sell it on eBay and make hundreds." :roll:

Whenever I hear the word eBay at a yard sale, my mind is already walking away.

Woman: "What else can I sell you?"
"Do you have any video games?"
"Like Segas?"
"Sega, Nintendo, Playstation, anything."
"Hold on, I'll be right back"

She comes back carrying a huge stack of CDs, which I think are all Dreamcast games. She ends up having ONE DC game in that stack, Sword of the Beserk, missing the manual. Fairly scarce, but this is how it went....

"I'll give you a dollar for this."
"No."
"But you only paid $5 for it." I point out the years-old pawn shop sticker on it.
"I want $5 for it."
"I'm not giving you $5 for this."
"Then you can put it back in the stack."
So I did.

Great salesmanship, ladies! Hope you drown in your own unsold shit.

UPDATE: Just found a 12v DC adapter for the GC screen. It works :) Not exactly HD quality, but I'm pretty happy with it for $2. Maybe I'll finally get around to finishing Twin Snakes......

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol my entire area got rained out. However in between dancing through the rain drops I went to one garage sale that had a few ps2 games. Picked up Nascar Dirt to Daytona for 3 bucks.

Rained out here as expected, I did attempt a few sales but most were packed up, one of the sales had a lady loudly talking about how she was selling on ebay on the phone, at that point I left right away and so did the few other people who were at the sale. Of course the sale was full of high priced junk that she probably couldn't get rid of on ebay.

Rained out on yard sales, but i did stop at a going out of business sale of a local game store will post those pickups -

Disc Only - 50 cents each
Fatal Frame II
Digimon World
Digimon World 3 x2
Parasite Eve Disc 2
Dragon Ball Z Cell Games - Sacrifice (DVD)

Complete Playstation - $2 each
The Legend of Dragoon (GH)
Digimon World 2
Metal Gear Solid
Fighting Force 1
Fighting Force 2

Bought last 2 for nostalgias sake.

Others -
Dragon Ball Z First Strike (3 DVD set) - $6
Vigilante 8 (N64) sealed - $2
Aedis Eclipse: Generation of Chaos (PSP) sealed - $10
Pokemon Silver - $3
Balder's Gate Dark Alliance - $5

I always get my best finds at trailer parks, must be the combination of having more space for junk than an apartment and bad spending choices. Plus the prices are usually cheap so they can get more money to spend poorly. Stopped at a park-wide sale (read: 5% of the trailers actually selling stuff) and picked up:

House 1:
XBox House of the Dead III CIB $1
Not really near the top of my wantlist but hey, complete for a buck, I'm not going to pass it up. I did pass up a sealed copy of NHL Rivals for $1 and a couple of crapola Wii games for $3.

House 2:

Genesis CIB:
X-Men
Shinobi III
Venom Maximum Carnage
$4 for all 3

SNES newer model system w/2 controllers and cords (a little messy but not awful)
Vegas Stakes (2 of them for some reason)
Tetris Attack
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario All-Stars
$10 for all of it

DVDs:
Running Man 2 disc special edition
Airplane! Don't Call Me Shirley Edition
So I Married an Axe Murderer
Full Metal Jacket (still sealed but fullscreen, blah)
$10 for the 4 of them

Finally, I've been looking to pick up SMB All-Stars forever without paying eBay prices...paid like half of what I would have on eBay and got several other games and an SNES thrown in. I didn't have the 2 DKC games so that's a nice bonus. Overall it's my best garage sale pickup in a long time.

Got GTA IV, Bioshock, and PGR 4 today for $25, the first two which I promptly flipped to Gamestop towards FNR 4 (damn my BBV for having such a shitty selection).

Other than that a pretty quiet weekend around my town.

Had kind of a weird yard sale experience today.

First stop was actually a CAG trying to sell like 300 target clearance games for like $20 a pop. But they were all the really horrible games you don't buy. Did pick up Baten Kaitos Origins from him for $4, sealed.

Next sale I got a PS One, Pokemon Red, Blue, Gold, and Pikachu Gameboy Color games, and Tomb Raider GH for $10.

Next I got a Mini Super Nintendo, a NES, Super Mario World, DK Country 2, Mario Bros, TMNT, Gun Smoke, Kung Fu, Paperboy, Top Gun, Ikari Warriors, Adventure of Link (Gold Cart) for $10

Finally I picked up Pokemon Blue, Gold, Pikachu, Kirby's Dream Land, Tetris DX, and a Wavebird for $12. Then the same guy broke out a Super NES in perfect condition. Talked him down to an additional $10.

Strange day seeing so much Pokemon stuff.

I wasn't able to get to any garage sales today (had lasik surgery yesterday, didn't want to push it), but I did manage to snag Ico (complete) for $4 from EBgames.

Yeah, Indiana specifically sucks. Sales won't start here for atleast another 2 months. But thats all good
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)

[quote name='JeanetteSmith']Yeah, Indiana specifically sucks. Sales won't start here for atleast another 2 months. But thats all good
signature_deepthakur.jpg
:)[/QUOTE]

I was going to reply to this, but then I noticed something:

[quote name='craven_fiend']Thanks.

Yeah, Indiana specifically sucks. Sales won't start here for atleast another 2 months. But thats all good, gives me time to save and have my taxes as well.[/QUOTE]

That quote is from the very first page of this thread back in January. What the hell?

Jurassic Park Operation Genesis (mint and complete) PS2
Resident Evil Code: Veronica X 5th Anniversary Edition (mint and complete, with the Bonus DMC demo) PS2
Aliens Versus Predator Extinction (mint and complete) PS2

IAP was $10 each, ended up getting all three for $13.25. The lady was very nice

Also picked up a stack of 12 Nintendo power magazines for $5 total. The guy was asking a $1 each of all 12 for $5, so why not? lol

I went to frisbee golf yesterday during my hour break at work and came across a garage sale with a CIB N64. I was takling this week at work with a cubemate that needed a new n64 controller as his kids broke another one.

I went up and CIF'd for $2 on the purple controller (it was actually the exact color we were talking about, so it was perfect) and they wanted to keep the system all together so they turned me down. They wanted $18 for the system.

So I worked again this morning and they had the sale again, which is rare for our area to have a garage sale on a sunday. Well I went back and CIF'd $6 for the whole deal, explaining that the controller is for my friend's kids. They took it.

So I got
N64 Atomic Purple Bundle in Excellent shape (controllers looked unused)
RF Adapter
and to my surprise a bunch of games
Glover
Flying Dragon (some Natsume game)
Snowboard Kids
Buck Bumble
and the only one I'll keep: Kirby 64 Crystal Shards

I plan on flipping the N64 on our classifieds at work for $15-20 and giving my co-worker the controller.

[quote name='darkslime']Today's Yard Sale Finds:

N64 with cords, jumper pak, 2 controllers, and these games (all cart only):

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Banjo Kazooie
Super Smash Bros
Goldeneye
Nightmare Creatures
Turok 3
NBA Live 99
Rampage 2
Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Chef's Luv Shack
Armorines
Monster Truck Madness 64
Fighting Force 64
XG2
Perfect Dark
Forsaken 64
Bio Freaks
Star Wars Rogue Squadron
Resident Evil 2
Turok 2
NBA Jam 99
Zelda OoT
WWF Attitude
NFL QB Club 98

Genesis Games (all cart only):
Ms. Pac Man
Sonic Classics
Pac Man 2
Tom and Jerry Frantic Antics

Pokemon Colliseum Bonus Disc (did this come with a manual?)
.hack// Infection (complete)
Legend of Dragoon (GH, missing manual)

$28 for everything I just listed starting from the N64
[/QUOTE]

God damn that is a great deal. :drool:

To answer your question, the Colosseum bonus disc had some inserts, I definitely remember an instruction sheet explaining how to get Jirachi to your GBA. I think the usual Nintendo stuff was in there too (Nintendo Power and Safety Precautions inserts).

[quote name='Bubbakja']I went to frisbee golf yesterday during my hour break at work and came across a garage sale with a CIB N64. I was takling this week at work with a cubemate that needed a new n64 controller as his kids broke another one.

[/QUOTE]

Good to see there are other disc golfers that are CAGs! I haven't been to the courses near ISU...aren't there two 18s and a 9 hole down there?

[quote name='theGrue']God damn that is a great deal. :drool:

To answer your question, the Colosseum bonus disc had some inserts, I definitely remember an instruction sheet explaining how to get Jirachi to your GBA. I think the usual Nintendo stuff was in there too (Nintendo Power and Safety Precautions inserts).[/QUOTE]

The one I picked up at a garage sale a few weeks ago has a gamecube "heath and safety precautions booklet" I also picked up a bookmark from a different sale that may have came with it (but I am not sure about that one).

[quote name='slowdive21']Good to see there are other disc golfers that are CAGs! I haven't been to the courses near ISU...aren't there two 18s and a 9 hole down there?

[/QUOTE]

I found a really nice 18 hole one on the other side of bloomington near veterans and 74 off Morris.

This weeks finds. About 15 sales total in 2 hours. Total lack of sales this week. Usually a slow down in July and August in my area.

1001908c.jpg

1001909r.jpg

1001386sz7.jpg

Demo / Not for Resale games w/ property of Nintendo Stickers - $12
I did not notice the stickers when I bought these. Guy had some other crap GBA games. He would not budge on $4 ea. so I just took these, figuring an easy flip. When I noticed the stickers I went back to buy/ check the other games but he had sold them. The pokemon game is a true demo that even says demo when you fire it up. It reverts back to the ttle screen after 10 minutes of gameplay. The other 2 seem to be full versions of the game. The SMB Ds came with case and instruction (not pictured) and neither make reference to it being a demo. However it is clearly labeled NOT FOR RESALE. I've seen lots of NOT FOR RESALE cart games but never GBA or DS

Regardless I had found a N64 Majora's mask last year or the year before for $1 I think with a similar sticker (see pic) which sold for $176 if I recall correctly on Ebay. So maybe I can turn these for some decent $$$$

1001911.jpg

SNES (bare bones) and F Zero - $2
DKC2 - $2
Oddworld & Bubble Bobble - $3
SMB3, Link, Super C & Dr. Mario - IAP $2 ea. CIF - $4(rejected) then $5
Star Wars DVD's - $2 - IAP $1 Ea. CIF -$2
TI-34 II - .25

Poo that NES I got is dead. Doesn't even give me a blinking light. Oh well. Anyone got a good recommendation on where to buy AC adaptors for SNES and PSOnes?

Crap my post got lost...

No games today, but no big deal. Picked up a VCR for 5 dollars(always gonna be a VHS girl forever)since my old one kept eating the tapes.

Star wars original Trilogy VHS from 1997 Gold box set

A Chorus Line: the movie(OOP)

Firefox with Clint Eastwood

6 dollars for all 3. A little steep maybe, but since the same starwars is selling for 20 on ebay and chorus line is 3-13 dollars on ebay, I consider that a modest deal now that I think on it. I have wanted Chorus line for YEARS and youtube doesn't have it.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Poo that NES I got is dead. Doesn't even give me a blinking light. Oh well. Anyone got a good recommendation on where to buy AC adaptors for SNES and PSOnes?[/QUOTE]

radioshack should have them, look up the voltage/amps on google and write it down and ask the employee

or if you have some lying around see if they match and fit

Not to be off topic, but has anyone scored awesome designer clothing at Yardsales? One time a couple years ago, I got a real Louis Vuitton bag for 10 dollars because the lady was so rich she probably wiped her ass with 20's and couldn't bare to be seen with a handbag that had a loose strap that need to be sewn tighter. I was almost crying in gratitude. I did have it checked it was real Louis Vuitton.

Ok lets try this again, my PC crashed when I tried to post a message (I need a new one but that is a topic for another day).

Decent find after the rain killed yesterday:

All for PS1

Breath of Fire III
Mr Driller
Resident Evil 2 greatest hits
5$ for all, IAP was 2$ each but CIF for 5$ and it was taken, usual procedure in this case.

NES controller from a very nasty house in the ghetto - 50 cents

Bunch of clothing as usual, very cheap. As for designer clothes its hit or miss, you can get people selling fakes for $10 each or it can be very cheap. My mom found a chanel purse at a thrift for 3$ I have no idea if its a fake or not but regardless its a decent purse. As I mentioned I have a thrift near me that charges $2-3 a bag for clothes and this is probably my best bet for designer clothes. I don't find used clothing gross at all, I wash everything before wearing and besides who knows who tried the stuff on in a store before you. Clothing from yard sales was usually worn just by one person so its a good buy.

I wasn't in the mood to GS this week, so I only hit 1 sale.

Picked up a SNES complete, with the mouse w/pad, fighter stick, and 10 games.

Wanted $20 offered $15.

DK Country 1, 2, 3
SMWorld, SMKart, Mario Paint, Mario Preschool fun
goof troop, jungle strike, jungle book

[quote name='gincognto']I always get my best finds at trailer parks, must be the combination of having more space for junk than an apartment and bad spending choices. Plus the prices are usually cheap so they can get more money to spend poorly. Stopped at a park-wide sale (read: 5% of the trailers actually selling stuff) and picked up:

House 1:
XBox House of the Dead III CIB $1
Not really near the top of my wantlist but hey, complete for a buck, I'm not going to pass it up. I did pass up a sealed copy of NHL Rivals for $1 and a couple of crapola Wii games for $3.

House 2:

Genesis CIB:
X-Men
Shinobi III
Venom Maximum Carnage
$4 for all 3

SNES newer model system w/2 controllers and cords (a little messy but not awful)
Vegas Stakes (2 of them for some reason)
Tetris Attack
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 3
Super Mario All-Stars
$10 for all of it

DVDs:
Running Man 2 disc special edition
Airplane! Don't Call Me Shirley Edition
So I Married an Axe Murderer
Full Metal Jacket (still sealed but fullscreen, blah)
$10 for the 4 of them

Finally, I've been looking to pick up SMB All-Stars forever without paying eBay prices...paid like half of what I would have on eBay and got several other games and an SNES thrown in. I didn't have the 2 DKC games so that's a nice bonus. Overall it's my best garage sale pickup in a long time.[/QUOTE]

gotta love ya some rednecks selling stuff dirt cheap, there is one Trailer park in town that I always get good stuff from, people that sell week old 360 games for dirt cheap...I always hear stuff like I bought this and then remembered I still owe rent. and usualy its only one game at a time when it comes to newer stuff so i doubt it's stolen, I also alot of classic stuff at these sales, I guess that is what they can afford at the game shop then off load it when rent comes due.

Still no yard sales, but I paid yard sale prices >.<

Stopped back by the same store going out of business picked up -

All are disc only, paid 50 cents each

Digimon World
Magna Karta - Tears of Blood
Legend of Mana

and...

Suikoden II

I never really thought to check trailer parks. I should try some once sales start picking back up.

I didn't get much yesterday. For $3, I got:

Kingdom Hearts 2 guide
Dragon Quest VIII guide
Lunar 2 soundtrack (not in that great of condition)

[quote name='oscargrouch']Poo that NES I got is dead. Doesn't even give me a blinking light. Oh well. Anyone got a good recommendation on where to buy AC adaptors for SNES and PSOnes?[/QUOTE]

Do you know if theres anyway to fix a blinking light easily?
I'm wondering because I have 2 NES's sitting around with that problem.

You can try cleaning out the pin connector with alcohol/water and a toothbrush, using a tweezer or small screwdriver to bend the pins back up, or disable the lockout chip

90% of the time I've fixed them by bending the pins back up

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']You can try cleaning out the pin connector with alcohol/water and a toothbrush, using a tweezer or small screwdriver to bend the pins back up, or disable the lockout chip

90% of the time I've fixed them by bending the pins back up[/QUOTE]

I would recommend bending the pins back before buying replacement 72 pin's I purchased a local resellers hoard when he went to the army last year and there was a box of NIB 72 pin's in the lot and I had to bend most of them to get them to work, and they were made out of some cheap metal that bent real bad when I would put carts in the system. I was talking to the owner of the local game store about it and he said that he has had the same problem.

finds071209.jpg

Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart and Pac Attack - $20
Eternal Champions - $2
Bloody Wolf - Trade with a user on GTZ

Not pictured: NES RF Adapter - $.50

This is the first time I've seen Chrono Trigger outside of Craigslist or Ebay.

[quote name='slowdive21']I wasn't in the mood to GS this week, so I only hit 1 sale.

Picked up a SNES complete, with the mouse w/pad, fighter stick, and 10 games.

Wanted $20 offered $15.

DK Country 1, 2, 3
SMWorld, SMKart, Mario Paint, Mario Preschool fun
goof troop, jungle strike, jungle book

[/QUOTE]

I really dont get how you can hit just 1 and come away with nice finds, and i can hit 15 or so, so far.... and not find a single videogame related item. (church Gsales, house, flyer, craiglist listings, nada... nada nada nada)

[quote name='FOnewearl']

V-Tennis (Complete) - .25

Saw this with no price, beside it was a box of CDs for .25 each or 5 for a dollar. I picked out 3 CDs and got them with V-Tennis for a buck. I shouldn't have bothered picking this up but I'm a sucker for long cases and it's in perfect shape.
[/QUOTE]
If nothing else you can swap the case out for a better game. Finding mint long cases is only going to get tougher with time, so the $0.25 for the case alone is well worth it.

[quote name='reicaden']I really dont get how you can hit just 1 and come away with nice finds, and i can hit 15 or so, so far.... and not find a single videogame related item. (church Gsales, house, flyer, craiglist listings, nada... nada nada nada)[/QUOTE]

:whistle2:$ I'll tell you a secret.
This seller put "Super Nintendo" in the ad and I was one of the first people to get to the sale! It just happened to work out this time.

nice finds this weekend. all i managed to snag was a copy of syphon filter 2 for 2 bucks. meh. never played them before and i like metal gear. could be fun.

[quote name='Pecan']Still no yard sales, but I paid yard sale prices >.<

Digimon World
Legend of Mana

and...

Suikoden II[/QUOTE]

What a find! I don't know what else to say, an excellent score even if it was all disc only.

I was told by an antique dealer on craigslist that you will have alot of competition when going to yard sales posted on there. Especially if the person writes something like "tons of nintendo games, super nintendo, atari, nintendo 64, great prices".

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I was told by an antique dealer on craigslist that you will have alot of competition when going to yard sales posted on there. Especially if the person writes something like "tons of nintendo games, super nintendo, atari, nintendo 64, great prices".[/QUOTE]cool story bro

[quote name='Pecan']Still no yard sales, but I paid yard sale prices >.<

Digimon World
Legend of Mana

and...

Suikoden II[/QUOTE]

I hope you never wondered why they were going out of business...

More importantly, how did you manage to pass up Suikoden II your first time at the store?

[quote name='Kuros']
Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Kart and Pac Attack - $20
Eternal Champions - $2
Bloody Wolf - Trade with a user on GTZ

Not pictured: NES RF Adapter - $.50

This is the first time I've seen Chrono Trigger outside of Craigslist or Ebay.[/QUOTE]

good score on CT. i sold a complete copy back in '03; i've never found another since. someday!...

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']I was told by an antique dealer on craigslist that you will have alot of competition when going to yard sales posted on there. Especially if the person writes something like "tons of nintendo games, super nintendo, atari, nintendo 64, great prices".[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried yardsaling from a craigslist ad yet, moreso I haven't found a craiglist ad for a sale in my area yet. Everything is in the local paper here. I have gone up to sales that had big piles of videogames, like 30 or more games for sale (overpriced, but games nonetheless) and they never put video games in the ad. Kinda makes you wonder.

This dealer could also be sending out those messages to try to discourage people from actually trying though, so that he can have all the stuff to himself.

I would think this is true though, if you post an ad on craigslist for a yard sale expect all the computer savvy people to get to it and therefore you have your game buying audience right there. The person holding the sale probably knows ebay value or craiglist value at least so yeah, it might be a deal if the person doesn't care about video game value (or if they need to get rid of it for fast cash) but I wouldn't get my hopes up about a craigslist yard sale advertising video games because they will most likely be overpriced.

[quote name='Doomstink']I hope you never wondered why they were going out of business...

More importantly, how did you manage to pass up Suikoden II your first time at the store?[/QUOTE]

It was still in the back the first trip there, and they brought it out in a pile of sports games in an unmarked case. I just happened to check the case sitting in all the crap.

And, they are going out of business because they price most good games correctly and gouge the shit out of bad games. All of their PSX games were $7 and N64 games were $15 unless they were more valuable.

[quote name='Pecan']It was still in the back the first trip there, and they brought it out in a pile of sports games in an unmarked case. I just happened to check the case sitting in all the crap.

And, they are going out of business because they price most good games correctly and gouge the shit out of bad games. All of their PSX games were $7 and N64 games were $15 unless they were more valuable.[/QUOTE]

I'm just surprised that someone can own a game store and not know how much Suikoden II is worth. That's an amazing find at $0.50. Congratulations.

this weekend was full of good stuff. it was also GameCubetastic, as you will see if you look toward the bottom of the list.

360 Guitar Hero III (empty case)
360 256MB memory card
360 Red Faction, $13 for all

Okami strategy guide (BradyGames)
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence strategy guide (BradyGames)
Star Ocean: Till the End of Time strategy guide (BradyGames), $3 for all

CD Generation of Chaos - Complete Bonus Soundtrack
CD Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2 - Original Soundtrack
Nine Inch Nails: [Collected] Promo DVD, $1.50 for all

3 Dreamcast controllers
2 VMUs (1 is missing battery door), $5 for all

NES Bubble Bobble
NES Shinobi
NES Impossible Mission II, $3 for all

Nintendo DSLite power adapter
Sony PSP power adapter, $2 for both

SNES (generic) power adapter
Genesis power adapter, $2 for both

Super Nintendo w/controller, Super Advantage, RF unit, power adapter
SNES Super Mario RPG, $12 for all

PS Arthur! Ready to Race
PS2 Network Adapter Start-up Disc, $2 for both

GBA Donkey Kong Country 2
Game Gear Ninku 2 (JAP), $2 for both

Sega Genesis - Model 1, (no cords)
Sega 32X (no cords)
Sega CD - Model 2, (no cords)
GEN Super Street Fighter II: Special Championship Edition
GEN The Lion King, $8 for all

PS Megaman X5
PS Marvel vs. Capcom, $5 for both

Rubik's Magic Puzzle
Rubik's Clock Puzzle, $2.50 for both

GC Spawn: Armageddon
GC Game Boy Player disc
GC Super Smash Bros. Melee, $3 for all

GC Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
GC Zelda: Twilight Princess, $6 for both

GC Preview Disc
GC Pokemon Colosseum
GC Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest
GC Zelda: Wind Waker, $10 for all

Nintendo 64 w/expansion pak, RF unit, composite cables, power adapter,
2 original controllers, 1 generic controller
26 games (including some duplicates)
R.O.B., $25 for all

Nintendo Wii Remote, $7

i think my favorite finds this go-round were the 256MB memory card, the Arthur game, and Twilight Princess; the card because while i have a hard drive, i like to take my profile to my family's houses, and my 64MB card gets filled quickly; Arthur because it's one of my favorite shows (sue me; it's a funny cartoon!) and i never even knew the game existed; and Twilight Princess because i played through the game on the Wii but sold it, and have been wanting to play it again. this latest haul now marks 4 copies of Ocarina of Time, which is bizarre because i've had one copy for around two years and now i've managed to find 3 copies in two weeks!

it was so completely, unbearably hot on Saturday and Sunday (94° both days) that i almost didn't go 'saling, but the siren song of unwanted clutter rang loud in my ears and i gave in. while it was still sort of busy, the heat was definitely keeping people home and i think that gave me the extra edge -- a lot of my finds were late in the morning, so competition must have been slim. the other nice thing about the heat was that it seemed to make people lazy and quite haggle-friendly. nevertheless, i hope this coming weekend is a little cooler.

This was a decent weekend yard saling in my area, it was nice and warm. This was also the first weekend I got a score from another customer of a yard sale I was at. I was a little nervous following the woman to her house to get the stuff but it was worth it. My treasures are below!

Score 1
IMG_0170.jpg
  • Spyro: Season of Ice :gba:
  • Harry Potter: The Philosphers Stone :gba:
  • Banjo Pilot :gba:
  • Kim Possible 3 :gba:
  • Hot Wheels Stunt Track / World Race :gba:
  • Brain Age :ds:
  • Six Flags Fun Park :ds:
  • Mario vs Donkey Kong 2 :ds:
Price was $.50 each.

Score 2
IMG_0171.jpg
  • Alone in the Dark (Dreamcast)
  • Sega Rally (Dreamcast)
  • Crazy Taxi (Dreamcast)
  • Generator Demo Disc (Dreamcast)
  • World Series Baseball 2k1 (Dreamcast)
  • Dave Mirra BMX
  • South Park Chef's Luv Shack (Dreamcast)
  • Destroy All Humans :ps2:
  • Monster Rancher 3 :ps2:
Price was $1 each, CIF'd $5 and was accepted.

Score 3
IMG_0173.jpg
All NES games, finally.

• Mike Tyson's Punch-out!!
  • Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
  • Little Mermaid
  • Burgertime
  • Bases Loaded
  • Golf
  • Blades of Steel
CIF'd $2 for all.

Score 4
IMG_0174.jpg
  • Xbox no cables
  • Road Rash 3D (PS1)
  • NBA 2k2 :ps2:
  • Sega GT 2002 / Jet Set Radio Future :xbox:
  • Halo 2 :xbox:
  • Madden 03 :xbox:
  • Yu-gi-oh (Gameboy Color)
IAP was $1 for each game, Yu-gi-oh was & Xbox was $.50. CIF'd $5 and they took it.

Score 5
IMG_0167.jpg
  • Xbox 360 Pro 20gb with all cables
  • 2 360 Controllers
  • Kane & Lynch
  • Halo 3
  • NCAA Football 08
Was a little nervous purchasing this, but the 360 had never been opened and was still under warranty. Was asking $150, CIF'd $100 for it all and the kid took it. Went straight home and tested it, everything works fine.

Score 6 Big Honcho Score!:bouncy:
IMG_0169.jpg

• 2 Playstation 2's, one needs a new laser, other works great.
  • 3 dual shock controllers
  • 2 sets of monster cables, one svideo, the other RCA
  • Universal S-video cable
  • Sony Playstation 2 official stand
  • Third Party Playstation 2 stand with built in multi-tap
  • DVD Remote
  • Prince of Perisia Sands of Time :ps2:
  • Gretsky Hockey :ps2:
  • FFXI HDD with Network adapter
$20 for it all.

Score 7
IMG_0168.jpg
  • NES with 1 controller & Power cord
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Yoshi
  • Snake Battle N Roll
  • Kings Knight
  • Tetris
  • Kirby's Adventure
  • Kid Icarus
  • Contra
  • Eggsplode/Short Order
  • R.C. Pro-Am
This was the sale the lady had me follow her home. She went inside and got the stuff and came out saying her son wouldn't part with it for anything less than $40. I told her no-way and started to get into the car. She then asked what I normally pay for nintendo stuff, I said $1 each on games and maybe $10 for the system. So she counted it all up and asked if I could do $30..nope..$25 .. nope.. I offered $20 and she took it.

[quote name='allyourblood']

Nintendo 64 w/expansion pak, RF unit, composite cables, power adapter,
2 original controllers, 1 generic controller
26 games (including some duplicates)
R.O.B., $25 for all
[/QUOTE]

I've never seen official controllers with those paint schemes. Are they customs? I know I've seen a gold controller before, but I've never seen a gold controller with silver buttons or a silver controller with gold buttons. If they aren't customs, I'd venture a guess that they are worth a pretty penny. Standard 64 controllers are worth about $18.00, so I can only imagine what rare ones like those would be worth.

bread's done
Back