Official 2009 Yard Sale Thread

What a weekend for me, I just got back from my one yardsale of the year, the annual Carnival of Sales in New York. I woke up at 7, left the house at 8, and called it a day at noon. Four hours of non stop walking, thank God I had a Camel Bak. I scoured around until 10, finding nothing, thinking this year would suck. Passed on $65 Dreamcasts with no cords, the $15 games to along with it, $25 N64s, and $20 PSP games. I saw a $10 N64 and a $15 LG White Chocolate in great shape and with all cords and box, but passed. Went back near the end of the day to get it and it was gone. I passed on a mint Game Gear with games and a carrying bag for $15. I still have the crappy one I bought last year that I can't move. Then around 10am and constantly until noon I struck gold.

DSC00753.jpg

We Love Katamari - $5 FOR SALE/TRADE
Harvest Moon - $2
Parasite Eve guide - $.25 FOR SALE/TRADE
Endless Ocean (Canadian) - $5 FOR SALE/TRADE

Then as I am walking by around 11am I pass a guy starting to empty a box of Gamecube/PS2/Xbox games in his truck. They were $6 a pop, I got them for $5 each. All complete.

Eternal Darkness FOR SALE/TRADE
Metroid Prime FOR SALE/TRADE
Metroid Prime with bonus disc
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil Zero FOR SALE/TRADE
Super Smash Bros Melee FOR SALE/TRADE

He threw in the 20GB Hard Drive for free, said it didn't work. We will see about that.

Came across this guy early on, didn't really want it but decided if it was still there at the end of the day I would take it:

DSC00756.jpg

Hyper Scan X-Men edition complete with extra controller, and Ben 10 and Intergalactic Wrestling cards - $5 FOR SALE/TRADE

More finds:
DSC00755.jpg

Star Wars Trilogy Widescreen brand new - $15, talked down from $20. I am so happy I found this, as some of you know I sold the full screen version recently in my forum auction hoping I would one day find the WS, and sure enough I did!
Fear Dot Com - $1
Young Guns sealed - $1
Slipknot biography CD - $1
Donovan McNabb watch brand new - $5 at Salvation Army a few days earlier FOR SALE/TRADE

Then at the end of the day I drove around with some family at some other yard sales and found these:
Wagon004.jpg

Battle Arena Toshinden Not For Resale - $3 FOR SALE/TRADE
Final Fantasy Anthology missing one of the game discs, water damaged manual - $1 LOOKING FOR NEW MANUAL AND FF VI DISC
Spinal Tap sealed - $2 FOR SALE/TRADE

All in all a very good weekend. I spent ~$80 last year which was a new high, only spent ~$60 this year and was the first time in a few years I didn't get a console, although the Hyper Scan kind of counts. Unpictured is a Vince Carter Nets Swingman jersey I got at Champs for $23, it was 70% off since he has been traded. I also got a Kerry Kittles Nets jersey and an Antonio McDyess Knicks jersey that I got for $6 each at a consignment store.

Just to let New Yorkers know - you guys are some broke mother fuckers. 8% sales tax!? An additional 4% clothing tax!? I found some HD-DVDs at Burlington Coat Factory I was going to buy, but figured I would wait until I got back to VA to buy them since I would pay less tax. $7 is a tad high, but for new HD-DVDs I do not really mind.

[quote name='Doomstink']I'm just surprised that someone can own a game store and not know how much Suikoden II is worth. That's an amazing find at $0.50. Congratulations.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am really surprised at this too. I am surprised the game lasted until you got to it, you would think someone else would pick it up.

Some store owners are totally in the dark though, they just price everything at one price, so there are gems to be found out there, but your right in general, someone who owns a game store should at least know the value of Suikoden II.

That sale where I got the 4 N64 controllers for 2$ each, was the sale of someone who used to run a store (see how that works out in my area, hehe). She was totally in the dark on values of older stuff, but possibly knew a bit about newer stuff. I ran into this person having a sale before and you guessed it, not selling much at all. There was a bin of older consoles and all older consoles were $5 and controllers $2 each. It was all PSX and N64 though, and I really don't need any of those because I already have multiples of each.

[quote name='Doomstink']I've never seen official controllers with those paint schemes. Are they customs? I know I've seen a gold controller before, but I've never seen a gold controller with silver buttons or a silver controller with gold buttons. If they aren't customs, I'd venture a guess that they are worth a pretty penny. Standard 64 controllers are worth about $18.00, so I can only imagine what rare ones like those would be worth.[/QUOTE]

they're custom-painted by the guy i bought them from. they're actually really well done too -- the guy opened them and painted each piece individually and did so quite evenly. i thought they were original at first, until i noticed a couple spots where the paint had worn thru a little. the best part is that the sticks are still like new: they're snappy and return to zero-center every time. around here, that can be hard to come by.

Not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but about how many yard sales do you guys hit in a day? I've been averaging about 20 and finding games at about 10%. Is this about right percentage wise?

Super Mario 64 Mini Pinball Table - .50
Guilty Gear X2 (Boxed) - $2
The Bard's Tale II (Apple II, Complete) - .50
Sega Smash Pack 2 In Jewel Case (PC) - $1
Final Fantasy XI Online (Spring 2004 Version) Guide - $1 (Forgot To Include In The Picture)
Ice Wind Dale II Guide - $1 (Forgot To Include In The Picture)
NES Power Pad In Box - $1
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - $1
Laserscope (In crap shape) - .25
DS/GBA Charger - $1.50
Tomb Raider In Jewel Case For PC - .25
Super Mario World With Dust Cover - $1

Alien 3 (GB)
Street Fighter II (GB)

$2

Luigi's Mansion (GC)
Resident Evil (GC)

$5

Donkey Kong Country
Firepower 2000
Gradius III
Jungle Book, The
Lion King, The
NBA Hang Time
NCAA Football
Pitfall: The Mayan Adventure
Super Empire Strikes Back
Super Mario World x2
Tom And Jerry
Ultimate Mortal Kombat

$5

More detailed post here for anyone interested - http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=9513

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Where is this Carnival of Sales you speak of?[/QUOTE]

Town wide yardsale the second Saturday of July. In the Oneonta/Binghamton area.

Not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but about how many yard sales do you guys hit in a day? I've been averaging about 20 and finding games at about 10%. Is this about right percentage wise?
I generally get to around 20-30 sales a day and score about 1 in 4 if I ask for old video games. That truely is the trick, you never know what people have hiding in their basement/garage/closet. I was a bit nervous at first about asking for stuff and a lot of people look at you weird, but you get over it after the first couple times.

[quote name='Porksta']Star Wars Trilogy Widescreen brand new - $15, talked down from $20. I am so happy I found this, as some of you know I sold the full screen version recently in my forum auction hoping I would one day find the WS, and sure enough I did![/QUOTE]
I'm not trying to be rude, but I think you overpaid for this, unless there's something I don't know. There have been several new sets that have ended on eBay under $10.

And oper8r00 -- 50 cents for an Xbox? Wow. That's awesome.

$15-$16 is the average price for the widescreen set. I seen the VHS set at salvation army once but they wanted 10 bucks for it. But hey if you're a star wars fan it's definetly worth owning.

[quote name='oscargrouch']Not really sure if this is the right place to ask, but about how many yard sales do you guys hit in a day? I've been averaging about 20 and finding games at about 10%. Is this about right percentage wise?[/QUOTE]

I just hit whatever is the paper, I prefer to stay local. Usually its under 20 sales a day. Its hard to count though because sometimes I run into unadvertised sales so I stop at those too. I have been finding more games last year and this year then I have ever seen at sales. Not sure why this is, maybe the economy and people need to sell stuff? Asking for video games at sales did not work for me as I did it at nearly every sale last year, yet nothing was brought out. There are many people who don't know what video games are. CIF does work about 90% of the time, so use it. Its a totally worthwhile technique.

With yard sales its just totally hit or miss on games (or anything else you want to buy for that matter).

^^I hit every sale on its first day (of the sale) in my city. If there are too many, I hit the new ones first, then go to the old ones. If there are less than 20 or so (or if I am making good time), I'll hit the next town over.

After months of looking, I finally had my epic yard sale find today.. Pictures to follow. :D

EDIT: All 4 discs (2 game discs, making of, soundtrack), 2 copies of the booklet, FABRIC fuckING MAP, Sega CD version, and .. Well, I think the pictures speak for themselves. $5, including the limited edition manual for FFX2 (the hardcover one). Envy me, masses.

map.jpg

lunar-scd.jpg

lunar.jpg

book.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up the following for $7. I don't really want anything besides maybe 4 swords and TMNT, but was a good deal. Everything is complete except Windwaker and Kingdom Hearts II which are missing manuals.
Picture17.jpg

This was also the the third time I was at a sale or store and heard a girl who would have been pretty hot if I were in HS talking about a hardcore game and how good it was. @#$ I wish girls in their late 20's loved real games, at least any of the ones I met.

[quote name='Bubbakja']@#$ I wish girls in their late 20's loved real games, at least any of the ones I met.[/QUOTE]

two of my wife's favorite games are Geometry Wars and Ikaruga. and she mops the floor with me at Street Fighter II and Top Gear (two of her old school faves).

they're out there, don't worry.

[quote name='allyourblood']two of my wife's favorite games are Geometry Wars and Ikaruga. and she mops the floor with me at Street Fighter II and Top Gear (two of her old school faves).

they're out there, don't worry.[/QUOTE]

yea but this girl was debating with her mom between morrowind and oblivion.

Sweet finds today and I wasn't even looking. I was just heading down a road and saw 2 neighbors having sales. Decided to stop.

Only stop I made today and it was a great decision:

DSCF0005.jpg

1st House: (all 25 cents)
Lords of Magic PC
3 Soundtracks that I have no clue what they are (looks like some fighting game, blue covers all the same but brand new)
Shenmue II original soundtrack x 2 (new)
King of Fighters 2000 Soundtrack (new)
Legend of Dragoon Soundtrack (new)
Arc The Lad III Soundtrack (new)
Metal Gear >> Solid Snake Soundtrack (new)
Akumajo Dracula - Gekka No Nocturne - Soundtrack x 2 (NEW)

House 2:
Settlers III $1
Fallout w Manual $1
Arcanum of Steamworks and Magik Obscura w/ Manual and Guide $1
Shannara $1
Final Fantasy VII PC w/ PC Guide and PS1 Guide $1

[quote name='Bubbakja']yea but this girl was debating with her mom between morrowind and oblivion.[/QUOTE]

well, my wife likes Oblivion too (she even has the soundtrack in her car!), but if you think that's more hardcore than Ikaruga, you haven't played Ikaruga.

did the mom know about Elder Scrolls also, or was she just listening politely? if she knew all about it as well... then i don't know how to feel.

Looking like yet another washout for me tomorrow (temps in the 60's ugh), however I know of a large indoor church sale that I will be going to so I have at least one for tomorrow.

N64 system with hookups, but no controller

cart only games
Pokemon Puzzle League
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Mission Impossible
Rugrats in Paris
Army Men Air Combat
Disney's Tarzan

PS1 games

Oddworld Abe's Oddysee
Wing Commander 3 (complete)
Mortal Kombat 4
Space Jam PS1 (complete)
Action Man Operation Extreme (complete)
C-12 Final Resistance (complate)

PC games
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Total Annihilation (complete with guide)
Dracula Resurrection (complete)

PS2 Games

007 Night Fire

DVD's (all complete)

Watchmen: The complete motion comic - Blu ray
Transformers (with slip cover)
Chicken Little

Misc.
Pink Digital Concepts digital camera (for my girlfriend)
Superman and Lex Luther mini sculptures (they look cool on the dashboard of my Jeep lol)

Got all that for about $16

My wife outranks me in Halo on XBL.

I got her Resident Evil 4 for Valentine's Day the year it came out.

She thought it was the most romantic gesture I've ever done.

She owns three Silent Hill tees.

Beat that. :D

[quote name='allyourblood']well, my wife likes Oblivion too (she even has the soundtrack in her car!), but if you think that's more hardcore than Ikaruga, you haven't played Ikaruga.

did the mom know about Elder Scrolls also, or was she just listening politely? if she knew all about it as well... then i don't know how to feel.[/QUOTE]

turtles in time is and will always be one of the best games on super nintendo. Played it for hours when I first had it. Someday I hope to find a copy again. Until then I play the genesis version, "hyperstone heist".

Hyperstone Heist suuuuucks compared to Turtles in Time. I mean, I still want it, because I'm a TMNT fan, but I borrowed it from a friend, and I just hated it. Turtles in Time spoiled me :D

[quote name='jaysapathy']My wife outranks me in Halo on XBL.

I got her Resident Evil 4 for Valentine's Day the year it came out.

She thought it was the most romantic gesture I've ever done.

She owns three Silent Hill tees.

Beat that. :D[/QUOTE]

Thats the dream ! My wife runs in the wall in baby mario's track in mario kart for the cube. ITS A FREAKIN OVAL !

She can play the 2d mario games and thats about it, really has 0 interest in video games. I never met a single female that liked hardcore video games. I was hoping to in college but no dice.

What fun. Disappointing lack of classic games today though. Here's the haul.

Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green Prima strategy guide - $1
Sonic the Hedgehog Bank (as in piggy bank - new in box!) - $2 Here's what it looks like...I somehow doubt it's worth quite that much
Atari Flashback 2 (new in box) - $10
PS2 games: Sly 3, Ghost Recon, Socom 3 - $10
CDs:
Green Day: Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot
Weezer: Blue Album
Mighty Mighty Bosstones: Let's Face It, Pay Attention
Bad Religon: Stranger Than Fiction
- $10

Had a good day today. Pics later.

NHL 09 (PS3) - $11
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) - $3
Syphon Filter 1 and 2 (GH) - $6
Triple Play 97 (Longbox) - $1
Burn After Reading (DVD) -$1
Happy Gilmore (DVD) - $1
Fight Club (DVD) - $1
Family Guy Volume 5 (DVD) - $2
How I Met Your Mother Season 1 (DVD) -$1
Lost Seasons 1 and 2 - $2

Overall a good day.

Games, all complete.

Crash Bandicoot 2 (x2) $1.25
Parappa The Rapper $0.75
Baldurs Gate 2 (PC) $1
GTA San Andreas $1
Socom, Madden 05, Wayne Gretzky Hockey 06 $0.50

Misc.

Lynksys Wireless Router $2
Various Manga Magazines and small books $2.50
Knuckles Plushie $3

Finds of the day - Parappa The Rappa, Lynksys wireless router, and the knuckles plushie was just too cool to pass up.

Picked up these today-

SNES-
Earthworn jim
Super Mario All stars
Wizardry V
Tetris attack
Zelda Link to the past

PS1-
FFIX

PC-
Ultima series I-VI

All for $8

[quote name='N3UROP0D']What fun. Disappointing lack of classic games today though. Here's the haul.

Pokemon Fire Red / Leaf Green Prima strategy guide - $1
Sonic the Hedgehog Bank (as in piggy bank - new in box!) - $2 Here's what it looks like...I somehow doubt it's worth quite that much
Atari Flashback 2 (new in box) - $10
PS2 games: Sly 3, Ghost Recon, Socom 3 - $10
CDs:
Green Day: Dookie, Insomniac, Nimrod, Warning, American Idiot
Weezer: Blue Album
Mighty Mighty Bosstones: Let's Face It, Pay Attention
Bad Religon: Stranger Than Fiction
- $10[/QUOTE]
I betcha' that sonic guy sends you an offer for it. I really want to see his house he buys sonic everything, must look pretty crazy

Only hit about eight sales but had a good day. No video games, but -

Brand new 1999 Metal Gear Solid Action Figures - Snake, Liquid, Ocelot, Meryl, and Psycho Mantis
$25

Box of old pokemon cards and six original boxed first series Pokemon decks
$5

Yep. Super stoked to have found the MGS figures.

Pac-Man World (Complete, Greatest Hits) - $1 [IAP]

Didn't have have much time to go yardsaling this week so I just went around town and didn't go to much more then a dozen sales and I actually found this as the only Playstation game I saw (shortly after 10) at the last sale I went to.

Non Find BS

I got out late every day this week and missed a few things which I'll mention which will show how popular yardsaling is in my (suburban) town and that many average joes (I'm assuming this) will pick up something video game related they think is a deal as long as it's not complete garbage.

On Wednesday (2nd Wednesday sale in my town I've ever seen) I went to a sale late, about 12:15. They still had some steady tracffic this late on a Wednesday even. Asked about video games and they sold them already, refering to them as "Playstations" (as in video games I'm sure) and they still had the typical Mad Catz steering wheel for N64 so I'm guessing they had a PS1 or N64 with a few games.

Thursday sale that was only advertised on Craigslist got to it shortly after 9:30 asked about video games was told that they sold a PS2 already.

Friday one of the last sales I went to (was probably about 10 by the time I got to it) asked about video games and they mentioned an Atari that was gone, same house advertised "Sega Games" last year and I got a Saturn & some good complete/near complete NES games last year (Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior II, Ninja Gaiden III) and some other stuff, but I did show up last year about 20 minutes early.

I saw a ton of people out and about today and yesterday and I look back at how well I did last year mostly just going to sales in my town and besides being lucky with some of the stuff I found last year I didn't have as much competition last year with gas being so expensive last summer. Also I'm sure in many towns yardsales are becoming the newest shopping fade with everybody trying to save money because of the economy and all that crap :D

Wow, there was no competition out today, but the finds were horrible, It was raining but there were still about 20 sales, I found Okami for PS2 for $1, It was a greatest hits copy though. I also saw someone with a PS2 on a table in the rain, soaked, asking $50 for the wet system, and $5 per game for old sports games, I am amazed that people think they can get that much for the stuff, and even more amazed that they would let it sit in the rain.

[quote name='jaysapathy']
Beat that. :D[/QUOTE]

i'll try... my wife listens to industrial music exclusively, cosplays (going to CC09 as Motoko Kusanagi), encourages me to play videogames because she likes to watch, got annoyed when i refused to throw a Halo 3 lan party at our house, has the high score between us in Geometry Wars, the theme from the original Zelda is her go-to whistling tune, she's currently playing Eternal Sonata, has her own DSLite and brings it with her on trips, owns a cat named Atari (and thinks my Atari tattoo is awesome), knows more about the Commodore 64 than anyone i've ever met, and checks every department store she shops at for clearance video games. she is also obsessed with Metal Gear Solid and, for some reason, Assassin's Creed.

i could go on, but i'm willing to call it a draw if you are. ;):lol:

Ok, I managed to get out today as the rain held out long enough.

GBA SP light blue backlit version for 10$ with 4 games, a case and a ds lite charger

Winx Club
Wac a mole
Yoshi Topsy Turvey
Disney skate it

This was marked $12, these are almost always overpriced where I am as I haven't seen one under 20$ all summer, so I CIF very quickly for $10 and I got it. I think I got a great price. It works perfectly.

2 GBC games 1$ each

Super Mario Bros Deluxe
Game and watch gallery 2

There were other games here too but I only picked the cream of the crop, IAP was $3 each but I got the person to take $1 each.

Ok here's the kicker, I got the board game Fireball Island for only 1$. The last time I checked this was pretty expensive on ebay. I was really shocked to see this, I had to dig it out of a pile of games. Its missing pieces but probably better than not buying it at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw tons of other games, and the prices were not spectacular and I really don't need that many multiple systems around here heh.

Seen but not bought :

GBC atomic purple $10 (the GBA SP I bought was at the house next door for only 10$) I have been picking these up for the last 5 years for 1$ each.

Silver Gamecube 20$ with one controller, no memory cards and 2 crap games

Dreamcast with 2 controllers (nothing else) 15$ (looked really beat)

N64 with wrestling games, generic controllers and a few accessories - $20

Original GBA 5$ - not bad if you need one, but I have too many already!

Ipod 8GB $50 (no idea what gen, it was just a sign)

PS2 bundle 50$ for the big fat model, controllers, memory cards and a lot of games (I didn't check as the games were in a sealed bin, so they could have all been crap sports games for all I know). I thought this was really good however the PS2 was the big fat model and was really dusty, it likely had DRE errors or was on the verge of getting them. I just don't trust used PS2's.

The usual smattering of 5$ or more original Xbox games

Full Auto PSP - 5$, didn't even think it was worth that, horrible game.

Another GBC bundle but it was at a sale that was overpriced, nothing really worth buying in the case either (unless you really wanted kids games like rugrats), all stuff that sells for nearly nothing on ebay.

[quote name='allyourblood']good finds, Sara! nice price on the SP, especially since it was the backlit version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Fireball island would have been totally epic if mine was complete, but unfortunately its very incomplete. I should be able to get a few bucks out of it though, definitely more than the dollar I paid.

GBA SP is scratched but decent with all buttons responding, it was discharged when I got it which is probably why the price was so low but it is charging now and it seems fine, they also didn't have the right charger but I have plenty here.

[quote name='SaraAB']
GBA SP is scratched but decent with all buttons responding, it was discharged when I got it which is probably why the price was so low but it is charging now and it seems fine, they also didn't have the right charger but I have plenty here.[/QUOTE]

don't forget that entire shell/case replacements are available online for next to nothing, and look almost identical to the original. i'm going to pick up a couple of these for myself since i have a few SPs that could use a facelift.

i looked up Fireball Island and it's exactly what i thought it was: that old Milton Bradley game (i can still remember the commercial with the little kids in safari outfits). i remember i really wanted it but never bought it (probably 'cause i was super-into my NES/Genesis at the time). i had no idea it was valuable; i've probably passed that game up at least five times this year. any idea why it's so sought-after? is it just that much... fun?

[quote name='allyourblood']don't forget that entire shell/case replacements are available online for next to nothing, and look almost identical to the original. i'm going to pick up a couple of these for myself since i have a few SPs that could use a facelift.

i looked up Fireball Island and it's exactly what i thought it was: that old Milton Bradley game (i can still remember the commercial with the little kids in safari outfits). i remember i really wanted it but never bought it (probably 'cause i was super-into my NES/Genesis at the time). i had no idea it was valuable; i've probably passed that game up at least five times this year. any idea why it's so sought-after? is it just that much... fun?[/QUOTE]

I really have no idea why its so valuable, but this is the first time I have seen it at a yard sale. Mine doesn't have all the pieces, and I haven't tried playing it yet (its really missing a lot of stuff like all the players, jewel etc). At least I got the full deck of cards). I am guessing probably because it was really expensive in the 1980's and that not many people in the 80s could afford the more expensive toys, so there aren't many around. This is kind of a poor area in general so you don't see too many really expensive old toys like the coleco table tops, game and watch, older 80's handhelds, dark tower etc.. Its also a huge board game, took up nearly my whole trunk, thankfully its flat and light and yes I do have a small car. I am sure anyone who is selling it at a yard sale would give it away cheaply unless they knew the value of it just because its very large and takes up a lot of space.

It was also sitting on a garage floor under about 15 other board games (on the very bottom of the stack), so perhaps no one else saw it sitting there which is why it remained until I got there.

I only knew how expensive it is today because one day I checked ebay and looked at the completed listings for highest priced board games since I see a lot of old board games while yard saleing. Then I was like oh snap there it is when I saw it today. I always look at the old stacks of games.

The guy I bought it from had a lot of old board games (all 1$ each), I bet there were some other gems in there I missed. No dark tower though, I know about that one too.

i was lucky found 360 wireless controler for 1.00
halo 3 headset 2.00
kameo 1.00

also found a rip saw for 15 dollars. a great buy if you are into wood working. this thing is probaly 200 new. i was happy good day for 3 yard sales

Not much gaming related, but I scored some things:
SSX3 GH $1
Onimusha 2 Guide .50
Ouija board .60
Battle Masters $1 (sorta rare board game) looks pretty complete, but it has a ton of pieces so I can't be sure until I go through it. This is my second one I have found.
Half a dozen vintage MOTU figures. Real good shape $3

[quote name='LilPaintballer']I betcha' that sonic guy sends you an offer for it. I really want to see his house he buys sonic everything, must look pretty crazy[/QUOTE]
My Youtube channel is Segasonic02. And yes, Iwant the Sonic Bank. PM me if you wanna trade it, N3UROPOD.

I didn't find much this weekend.

Thursday
CD drawer $0.25
5 shelf Wood DVD rack $2

I'm using the CD drawer for my playstation 1 games. I'm glad I found the DVD rack since I was running out of room.

Friday
Sonic collection game for GC $1
Oblivion GOTY PC $2
Disk 2 of a Aliens dos game $0

I went to this one neighborhood where I found the sonic game, but it turned out to only be 3 houses. I went to this one neighborhood that opened the day before, but didn't find anything I had to have. I should have went to this other neighborhood since this one guy had an atari jaguar and a bunch of snes games that sold before I got there. That annoyed me since I really like finding snes games and I rarely find any snes stuff.

[quote name='allyourblood']i'll try... my wife listens to industrial music exclusively, cosplays (going to CC09 as Motoko Kusanagi), encourages me to play videogames because she likes to watch, got annoyed when i refused to throw a Halo 3 lan party at our house, has the high score between us in Geometry Wars, the theme from the original Zelda is her go-to whistling tune, she's currently playing Eternal Sonata, has her own DSLite and brings it with her on trips, owns a cat named Atari (and thinks my Atari tattoo is awesome), knows more about the Commodore 64 than anyone i've ever met, and checks every department store she shops at for clearance video games. she is also obsessed with Metal Gear Solid and, for some reason, Assassin's Creed.

i could go on, but i'm willing to call it a draw if you are. ;):lol:[/QUOTE]

See, I really wish I could find a girl as awesome as the ones you guys have. My last GF mastered Resident Evil 4, was part of a Halo 2 clan, and was hardcore about the semi-obscure Xbox game Still Life. But she was also batshit crazy :lol:

Finally found some worthwhile stuff today:

Playstation 1 w/ 2 Controllers, memory card, and 7 games (highlights include FFVII, FFVIII, and MGS) - $15
Nintendo 64 w/ 2 Official Controllers (Green + Black), and 2 games - $15
Super Nintendo w/ 2 Controllers - $10

Wow, I'm not gonna type out the whole story today, but I ended up getting all eight MGS 1999 McFarlane action figures plus Stealth Camo Snake and Gray Fox and dupes of Wolf and Raven, and MGS2 Snake, Solidus, Raiden, and Fortune all for a grand total of $92. All I need now is the invisible Psycho Mantis and Olga and MGS2 Ocelot to have every single original MGS and MGS2 action figure! All new in boxes, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! I haven't seen any of those in years. I found a loose Solid Snake at the Flea Market, and I bought MGS2 Snake new years ago, but other than that, nada.

I do like how neither figure actually looks like Snake, though.

bread's done
Back