Official 2011-12 NFL Regular Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='renique46']Looks like the deadskins decided to redeem their yearly "1 free win" coupon early.[/QUOTE]

Skins fans, dont get used to Grossman playing like that. I'm a Bears fan, we know

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Skins fans, dont get used to Grossman playing like that. I'm a Bears fan, we know[/QUOTE]

LoL but but but REXY got DA bears to the sb!? right?

[quote name='renique46']LoL but but but REXY got DA bears to the sb!? right?[/QUOTE]

It was more Defense & Hester doing the heavy lifting, but he helped.

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Skins fans, dont get used to Grossman playing like that. I'm a Bears fan, we know[/QUOTE]

Watch him go on to do well this year after screwing us for so many years including the Superbowl.

I think I may have lost two of my RB's already. I drafted MJD, SJAX, Bradshaw, and Tolbert. Looks like Tolbert and SJAX might miss some games.

I'm very happy the Redskins won. I'm also happy that they won in the way they did. It wasn't a Redskins-style win, but a win.

And how in the hell did Cam Newton throw for 422 yards against the Cardinals? Packers fans should be worried. Their defense doesn't look too good.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Bolts beat Vikings 24-17. Next week Pats.[/QUOTE]

I saw McNabb's numbers - 7/15 39 yards and 1 TD. It seems as if the bolts D dominated him. I didn't watch the game though.

They just ruined all the stuff they just did with those shitty anthem singers. Is it that hard to find a singer with a NY connection?

Battle of the 2 most over hyped mediocre teams with shitty Qbs has commenced all though the jets are a little better, which doesnt mean much.

[quote name='KingBroly']And how in the hell did Cam Newton throw for 422 yards against the Cardinals? Packers fans should be worried. Their defense doesn't look too good.[/QUOTE]
They traded Rodgers-Cromartie for Kolb, so their pass D will be suspect this year.

Tony Romo was playing so fucking great until that damn fumble. Also, fucking Dez shouldn't even be out there. He hasn't given them anything since the first quarter.

Seriously, just about everyone on my fantasy team got off to a huge start in the first qtr then either disappeared or was lost to injury after that. It looked like Dez Bryant was going to go nuts but he was gimped the whole rest of that game. Also I'm not really a fan of either teamn but why the fuck was Romo even looking at Bryant on that last pick? He was double covered (one of the defenders being Revis!) and was obviously banged up.

lmao lebron james said ill get my revenge on dallas in some shape or form guess he decided to pick tonight, and spread his 4th quarter voodoo

Don't worry Colts fans things are looking up, you get to play the Browns next week.

What a mess. I've never wanted to leave so much at the end of the first quarter, been impressed by a team getting their act together in the second quarter, and was ready to never come back again by the fourth quarter.

[quote name='TheRock88']The Dallas Cowboys, always finding new ways to lose. And what was up with Romo smiling his ass off after the botched snap?[/QUOTE]

I think it was more a what the fuck else can go wrong smile. The fucking botched punt and the fumble really piss me off still. That said considering that their secondary was decimated and dez was cramping they still played pretty well.

Texans look good but it was tough not against that Colts team. Jesus, I don't think the Colts would be a Top 10 team in the NCAA right now.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I'd be more concerned that they gave up nearly 500 yards to the Miami offense.[/QUOTE]

Why the hell would anyone be more concerned about that? They won the game comfortably. The defense certainly didn't play great, but Miami is a decent team playing in prime time on their homefield (a place the Pats have had plenty of trouble in the past). Given the offensive explosion around the NFL this weekend, it's pretty clear the offenses are ahead of the defenses.

Getting a road win against a division opponent is of much greater concern than how many yards the defense gave up.

But sure, you go ahead and be concerned about whatever you want. ;)

I am officially offended by this game.

This is pathetic.

Now Janikowski boots a 63-yarder to tie the record for longest fieldgoal.

Everything that could go wrong, has.

Hell of a kick! Raiders are looking pretty solid, especially on defense which was their Achille's heel last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']I am officially offended by this game.

This is pathetic.

Everything that could go wrong, has.[/QUOTE]

Von Miller is the real deal so it isn't all bad.

[quote name='jello44']

[/QUOTE]

In the end, that turned out the be the game winner. I have ZERO confidence in Orton ( but tebow isn't the answer either)

[quote name='usickenme']In the end, that turned out the be the game winner. I have ZERO confidence in Orton ( but tebow isn't the answer either)[/QUOTE]

Orton's not great, but hearing the fans chant his name was brutal. Let's be honest here, the Broncos aren't winning that division and they aren't making the playoffs. I think the Broncos should just let Tebow start and get it over with. Either he makes the team better (unlikely) or his play takes the aura away and Broncos fans can get back to reality.

That team isn't winning anything this year, but I think Orton gives them the best chance to win on a weekly basis.

Orton definitely isn't the answer longterm, and I don't think Tebow is either, but if the season gets out of hand (which it could) I think you probably need to find out if he can be an NFL starter.

Sloppy second half from the Raiders, but I was impressed that they were able to run out the clock when they got the ball back with 3:53 remaining.

Have to cut out the dumbass penalties if they're going to improve on last year and make the playoffs.

The offense looked good, and the defense was pretty solid (especially the D-line) when they weren't shooting themselves in the foot with penalties).

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Orton's not great, but hearing the fans chant his name was brutal. Let's be honest here, the Broncos aren't winning that division and they aren't making the playoffs. I think the Broncos should just let Tebow start and get it over with. Either he makes the team better (unlikely) or his play takes the aura away and Broncos fans can get back to reality.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I know they aren't going anywhere, and at this point, starting Tebow really couldn't hurt all that much.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']Orton's not great, but hearing the fans chant his name was brutal. Let's be honest here, the Broncos aren't winning that division and they aren't making the playoffs. I think the Broncos should just let Tebow start and get it over with. Either he makes the team better (unlikely) or his play takes the aura away and Broncos fans can get back to reality.[/QUOTE]

I say Orton get 2-3 more games to show what he is made of, then Tebow. I am really not a fan of either. Perhaps the season will be so bad we can get Andrew Luck.

I keep wanting to like Orton but he just seems so lackluster (and okay with it). But it is not like the team did ANYTHING to help him. 38 yards rushing?

[quote name='usickenme']I say Orton get 2-3 more games to show what he is made of, then Tebow. I am really not a fan of either. Perhaps the season will be so bad we can get Andrew Luck.

I keep wanting to like Orton but he just seems so lackluster (and okay with it). But it is not like the team did ANYTHING to help him. 38 yards rushing?[/QUOTE]

It seems like every since Shanny was fired, they couldn't really get a good ground game going. Where he could plug in any random knob and he'd rush for 1000+ yards a sesaon.

[quote name='bvharris']That team isn't winning anything this year, but I think Orton gives them the best chance to win on a weekly basis.

Orton definitely isn't the answer longterm, and I don't think Tebow is either, but if the season gets out of hand (which it could) I think you probably need to find out if he can be an NFL starter.[/QUOTE]
Agreed. There's no need to abort the season already and push Tebow out there. He's the only QB on contract beyond this season, so they don't need to rush him out there after one decent game from Orton. Orton is a good QB that would've been in the top four in passing yards last season if he didn't get hurt for the last three games. They really need to get a running game going to help Kyle Orton, as he can't do everything by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back