Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to post my findings.
Me: I got Sim's, The Living Large Expansion pack, and SimCoaster for Free. I alos bought Blazing angels for the 360 for $3.
Sister: Bought a crummy Laptop for $15, But for $15 dollers you know.
Dad: Too much to mention.
Mom:None.

Story:
For the sim's stuff. we were at a sale where this couple were selling Good clothes for Great Prices. I see the Sim's stuff and Decide to ask about games. (It took me a while to ask I am shy.) She says she just sold a PC with tons of games on it for $40. (In my head I am screeming.) A few min. later she just gives me th stuff.

Where my sister bought the laptop it was marked $25 I told her to offer $15. she instead asked what they would take and they did say $15......

That is about it.....

Happy Hunting!

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']SNES grub is out there but I'm finding that most people don't want to give it up . . . Can't rightly blame them :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I get the same feeling. I think the turnover runs in cycles. About 8 years ago, I would see tons of NESs at Goodwill but now . . . very few. Most people who still have earlier stuff now want to hang onto it. What's most common now? PS1 and N64 are still being given up in high numbers and GC, Xbox, and PS2 have come on strong now. The N64 will start to get scare (at yard sales) in a few years. The last generation will continue to grow in frequency and then start to drop off.

On top of that, the SNES seems to have higher sentimental value than some other systems.

[quote name='schultzed']I get the same feeling. I think the turnover runs in cycles. About 8 years ago, I would see tons of NESs at Goodwill but now . . . very few. Most people who still have earlier stuff now want to hang onto it. What's most common now? PS1 and N64 are still being given up in high numbers and GC, Xbox, and PS2 have come on strong now. The N64 will start to get scare (at yard sales) in a few years. The last generation will continue to grow in frequency and then start to drop off.

On top of that, the SNES seems to have higher sentimental value than some other systems.[/QUOTE]
GCN stuff seems to be all but gone around here. My gamestop doesn't even have a full stand of it, it's like half of one of those little stand alone shelving units.

[quote name='aptanor']GCN stuff seems to be all but gone around here. My gamestop doesn't even have a full stand of it, it's like half of one of those little stand alone shelving units.[/QUOTE]

That makes it a perfect time for people to dump their systems at yardsales--it feels worthless. I see them very often here.

I have to agree with the comments about GameCube in the past few posts. I have had some great deals on GameCube consoles and games in the past couple of months. The sellers themselves will gladly take $2 for a GC game or even $5-$7 for a GC system. They tell me things like "Gamestop would probably give me 75 cents in credit for this, so $2 cash is great." Of course, that's a mother not knowing that she is selling me Super Mario Sunshine and Zelda Master Quest for $4, but I like her thought process quite a bit. I take this into consideration, and lowball bigtime on GameCube stuff if I see it.

[quote name='schultzed']I get the same feeling. I think the turnover runs in cycles. About 8 years ago, I would see tons of NESs at Goodwill but now . . . very few. Most people who still have earlier stuff now want to hang onto it. What's most common now? PS1 and N64 are still being given up in high numbers and GC, Xbox, and PS2 have come on strong now. The N64 will start to get scare (at yard sales) in a few years. The last generation will continue to grow in frequency and then start to drop off.

On top of that, the SNES seems to have higher sentimental value than some other systems.[/QUOTE]

Here's something else to think about, turnover can vary depending on age group. ;) It's been said that you form your strongest attachments in your teen years (for me this was at the peak of the SNES and the ps1). So why wouldn't someone my age want to hold onto a Nintendo 64 (which is roughly a contemporary of the ps1)? Stop right here.

Maybe a question like this is missing the point of why more n64 games are appearing in the wild. Perhaps it isn't my generation that is dumping n64s, perhaps it is the generation that is 10 years younger (where the n64 was their first system?). So there we have a unique situation as it sits today; one generation is dumping while another is buying.

Onto other eras, I still see a junkload of Atari and NES--I guess when the technology gets that old more people aren't even sure if it works anymore; and you'll always have straggers of questionable systems and pennied out games from attics and basements. Now for recent stuff like GC and PS2 I'm not so sure. To me it seems like last gen bottomed out two years ago; since then all the rarer titles have steadily been sucked out of Gamestop and I don't see the demand slacking off on these anytime soon. The consoles with the crappy TIVs will always be easier finds than the games (of worth).

[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Onto other eras, I still see a junkload of Atari and NES--I guess when the technology gets that old more people aren't even sure if it works anymore; and you'll always have straggers of questionable systems and pennied out games from attics and basements. [/QUOTE]

This is a good point. For many people, if it hasn't been used for 5 years (or more) then it can go and they don't even know if works anyway. You definitely get the sense that parents are sometimes selling off stuff without the kids (of various ages) consent or knowledge.

The other factor is numbers. There are sooo many 2600s and NESs out there that some will squeak through no matter what. The systems that sold poorly, Vextrix, Jaguar, Fairchild . . . they just don't have the numbers to begin with.

The most interesting difference is the Genesis vs. SNES one. By the end, the SNES overtook the Genny in sales total (by a little as I recall). Yet, anyone of us would report seeing more cheap Gennys out there than SNES systems. This is likely twofold: people are more likely to hang onto SNES but also they get purchased faster at sales--so we are less likely to see them.

Last edited by a moderator:
All good points.

^^^I would also add Nintendo cartridge games rarely went on sale. Genesis games were cheap. SNES didn't really have a huge clearance cycle (that I can remember). N64 games did drop near the end of life, but Nintendo cartridge games have always been expensive. I think that is why people hold on to them.

On a related note 3 people said to me (after I asked about games last weekend) "Those are probably collectible now" or "That retro stuff is coming back".

N64 games are very common here, but starting to get a little less common, I agree about the cycles, there is very little retro stuff NES and SNES left here at all, it was common just 5-10 years ago.

Kids these days are very, non-nostalgic, they really don't care about giving up their old stuff, they will give it up for pennies on the dollar so they can get that $5 they need to buy that new game or system. Ok, but we were probably like that too, but of course I don't know as I never owned any games as a kid.

Kids these days also get things handed to them a lot more than the kids of my generation so I think they just care less about their possessions in general, as their parents or grandparents are there to replace anything they break as soon as it breaks. I don't know any parents of my generation willing to do this, if you broke something you had to pay yourself to get another one and there was no arguing about that. Before they know it something new is coming out that they want and the old one is thrown immediately aside and forgotten about.

I really don't think kids today are gonna be the same as us, they are not going to be wishing for the toys they once had as a kid when they get to their 20's like I did but then again I was always about nostalgia and saving things in the best condition possible since I was 10 years old. I am a bit like the guy in the 40 year old virgin who had all his childhood toys mint in box, never played with.

You tend to find the odder things in the more wealthy areas, this does not mean they will be cheap at the sale but things like the Vectrex and the coleco tabletops and game and watches, were very expensive in the 80's and a lot of parents could not afford toys that were so expensive so not every household originally purchased them. You have to hit a house that at least once had rich people with kids living in it in order to get this stuff.

So I thought this was a good buy, but I know nothing of the subject. I picked up 5 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game things for a total of $7.50. Everything was there. One set is Classic D & D, three of them are just expansion sets, and the final is an expansion set with a CD. All are complete and are from 1994. Anyone know anything about these?

This weekend should be good. Village sales are on once again and I plan on getting out around 8. Got about $150 to take with me hoping to find a few things.

I could post some pictures of the 100 vinyls I bought last week for $5 but I don't think that'd interest you all too much.

[quote name='jaydepps']So I thought this was a good buy, but I know nothing of the subject. I picked up 5 Advanced Dungeons and Dragons game things for a total of $7.50. Everything was there. One set is Classic D & D, three of them are just expansion sets, and the final is an expansion set with a CD. All are complete and are from 1994. Anyone know anything about these?[/QUOTE]

Are they PC games, rule books, or some sort of tabletop sets? For the latter two you can check over at Troll and Toad (their buy prices can sometimes help you figure out what's a more valuable item)

One other thing to consider on the SNES vs. Genesis.... the SNES tends to break down more easily. The pin in the A/C hookup would get bent or broken and render the system unuseable. Fewer working systems available = higher value. I have yet to come across a Genesis that doesn't work, they are near bullet proof.

I actually found a SNES complete with A/C, video cables and controllers at a sale about a month ago. It was nearly noon, It was VERY hot and I decided one more stop and call it quits. When I get up to the house, I see the SNES sitting on a pile of wires. I ask how much for the SNES. The mother says make an offer. I offer $10 and she says "I wasn't thinking $10. How about $5?" :whistle2:s "That's probably the first time you've been talked down at a yard sale, eh?" Yes. Yes it is. I pull out a fiver and the kids put everything in a bag and off I go.

Unfortunately there were no games to go with it. It's a little dirty, but it should clean up nicely. No yellowing of the plastic either.

I need to get my lazy arse going, I have about a months worth of postings but I've been too lazy to take pictures.

Not to be sexist, but $5 is my standard first offer for any older system when the sale is being watched/run by a mother, and it is accepted more often than not. They tend to value older video game stuff at next to nothing, and $5 is just enough to buy them that Frappuccino at Starbucks... Oddly enough, they also tend to want very close to retail price for a lot of current generation stuff (probably because they can remember the actual purchase of the item in question). Undervalue older stuff and overvalue current stuff. In general, I get my best video game deals/finds from sales run by middle-aged women. I've walked away with $300-$500 worth of stuff for $20 a few times this year like that. Sometimes they even say things like "Take everything for $20." I do as I'm told.

On a similar note, I also come across a lot of sales where sellers overvalue the system itself, and undervalue the games and peripherals. In one specific instance, someone would not budge below $90 for everything, including an n64 (which the seller admitted was somewhat broken), SNES, several controllers and peripherals, and about 15 games. But they accepted $45 for everything besides the n64, SNES, and a few remaining controllers. In my mind the $45 I spent was worth about $150-$175 in games and other items, but the other $45 that I chose not to spend was probably only worth about $60 in systems. Just a useful tidbit for attempting to break up overpriced bundles, or get a better return on your money.

s[quote name='Indigo_Streetlight']Are they PC games, rule books, or some sort of tabletop sets? For the latter two you can check over at Troll and Toad (their buy prices can sometimes help you figure out what's a more valuable item)[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll try to find them on that site. They are Tabletop games. They all seem to have value. Is there a second hand market for old D&D stuff?

[quote name='dodgeme']I could post some pictures of the 100 vinyls I bought last week for $5 but I don't think that'd interest you all too much.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

Please do.

[quote name='Floopy']Not to be sexist, but $5 is my standard first offer for any older system when the sale is being watched/run by a mother, and it is accepted more often than not. They tend to value older video game stuff at next to nothing, and $5 is just enough to buy them that Frappuccino at Starbucks... Oddly enough, they also tend to want very close to retail price for a lot of current generation stuff (probably because they can remember the actual purchase of the item in question). Undervalue older stuff and overvalue current stuff. In general, I get my best video game deals/finds from sales run by middle-aged women. I've walked away with $300-$500 worth of stuff for $20 a few times this year like that. Sometimes they even say things like "Take everything for $20." I do as I'm told.

On a similar note, I also come across a lot of sales where sellers overvalue the system itself, and undervalue the games and peripherals. In one specific instance, someone would not budge below $90 for everything, including an n64 (which the seller admitted was somewhat broken), SNES, several controllers and peripherals, and about 15 games. But they accepted $45 for everything besides the n64, SNES, and a few remaining controllers. In my mind the $45 I spent was worth about $150-$175 in games and other items, but the other $45 that I chose not to spend was probably only worth about $60 in systems. Just a useful tidbit for attempting to break up overpriced bundles, or get a better return on your money.[/QUOTE]

I have the exact opposite experience, middle aged women tend to want the most for everything and are also the hardest to bargain with. Men are definitely easier to haggle with as they want to get rid of their stuff more than the moms and they don't want to deal with it anymore. Men are less likely to sell on ebay or care about that. The 2 xbox 360 games that were marked $8 each I got last weekend both for $10 were from a sale run by an older guy, it was extremely easy to convince him to give me both of the games for $10.

Stay at home mom's have the time to look up prices on ebay and price their stuff according to ebay thus they are harder to bargain with since they have the time, computers and resources to do the ebay thing. Not everyone around here has these resources. They might also have their kids looking up stuff on ebay for them and pricing it accordingly. They absolutely will not sell stuff for less regardless of market value. They price every kid's toy as if its new. Some of them are extreme couponers or slickdealers. I have not gotten any deals from middle aged women that I can remember. Younger parents are easier to deal with, they just want to get rid of their stuff and get money so they can buy their kid something or use the money to contribute to raising their kid.

Grandparents are very easy to deal with, I haven't met one that is a hard nose yet, however they might not have a very good idea of market value on some stuff so you tend to get a mixed bag with either very cheap stuff or extremely overpriced stuff.

The ultimate though is when you find a sale that is run by the wife of an ex-husband or girlfriend of an ex-boyfriend who left a bunch of stuff behind, could also be run by the husband or boyfriend with girls stuff, they just want the stuff GONE because looking at it triggers bad memories... you will undoubtedly get the cheapest stuff from these people. This would be the exception to the middle aged women rule.

I did the breaking up the bundle thing last year when someone was selling a PS2 with a bunch of sports games for $40 or so, I told them I would take the system for 20 and leave the games, it was taken without hesitation. So I left worthless games and got a system that I am using a lot right now.

This may be the demographics, so I am not saying you are wrong in any way, I am sure there are middle aged women somewhere who give great deals. Yard sales vary greatly by area but there do tend to be patterns in certain areas.

[quote name='SaraAB']I have the exact opposite experience, middle aged women tend to want the most for everything and are also the hardest to bargain with.[/QUOTE]

That is interesting. Seems like it may have to do with a difference in demographics and/or income. I live in an area of the U.S. where most every family makes 100K+ annually. Oftentimes, this consists of a man who works and a woman who stays at home. Most of these women have a donation mindset, as they know that they are living the "good life" so to speak and don't seem to care about eeking every last penny out of their stuff. To them, any amount of money at a yard sale for an item is gravy, because they would have just given it away anyway. Combine that with the natural propensity of the fairer sex to want to "help" and it makes for some pretty good deals in my neck of the woods. However, I can also relate to your explanation of finding otherwise.

I usually look over the craigslist yard sale section every tuesday night before bed just hoping there will be something interesting. Usually I'm desperate enough I'll hit any that sound like they could have games or media.

But this week I found one that listed video games. It was a little out of the way but I chanced it.

Found a non-PH Elder Scrolls Oblivion. Asked $10, offered $5, paid $8.

More than willing to buy since I've been wanting a copy and made the effort to track the sale down.

The rest of the games were PS2 junk with only 3 complete common titles. The rest were a mess of no cases/art and worse.

Sales in this neck of the woods have been sparse and crap for miles. Wish I had a small percentage of what you guys are finding.

k1YbX.jpg

This'll do.

[quote name='slowdive21'] . . . someone post some finds! I need my fix! :whee:[/QUOTE]

You're the one holding out on us. You hinted at having your best weekend but then post nothing. The next weekend is practically upon us.

I have a little tale to tell. 2 years ago I walked up the driveway of a nothing sale but there was a box of DVDs off to the side. All of them sealed and the same title "The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" a small but well-known British film.

http://www.amazon.com/Loneliness-Lo...W5E6/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1312414445&sr=8-3

There were 25 copies and the box said .25 each. I bought them all for $5. Over the next 12 months (or so) I was able to sell them for about $12 each. It was slow going because I often had sellers under me in price. Also, for some months, Amazon lowered their price to $5.99 . . . but I just waited until they went back up. I have considered this to be one of my niftiest rummage finds.

Anyway, about a month ago I discovered I had one (sealed) copy left on a shelf (it has been a long time since the last one sold) and was unhappy to see that the price has now gone up on it. I then listed it at $39.99 and it sold yesterday fuck. Why couldn't I have forgotten about more of them?

[quote name='Floopy']That is interesting. Seems like it may have to do with a difference in demographics and/or income. I live in an area of the U.S. where most every family makes 100K+ annually. Oftentimes, this consists of a man who works and a woman who stays at home. Most of these women have a donation mindset, as they know that they are living the "good life" so to speak and don't seem to care about eeking every last penny out of their stuff. To them, any amount of money at a yard sale for an item is gravy, because they would have just given it away anyway. Combine that with the natural propensity of the fairer sex to want to "help" and it makes for some pretty good deals in my neck of the woods. However, I can also relate to your explanation of finding otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am in a welfare area, so people want to squeeze every last cent out of their stuff, but not always. Because a lot of people in these situations don't have internet access at home or even a computer, nor do they have a credit card or paypal account which are all required to sell on ebay so they can't do that. Some people will also sell cheap because they NEED money now. Pretty much no one has a job here, on my block alone there are 2 people who work (seriously), the rest are either on welfare with 5 kids each or they are retired and live off social security.

But your average mom with kids is willing to become an extreme couponer, put their kids to work selling things on ebay and organizing coupons and teach their kids to be bargain hunters while the husband probably works some job he really hates in order to support his wife and kids. When its time for the yard sale they will not take less than sticker price for any item because they can get more for it elsewhere (I am sure the husband wouldn't care and is probably sick of shopping with his wife constantly and having the house fill up with groceries that they do not even need). However, these people will not sell anything because everyone here likes to bargain at yard sales and no one likes high prices. Most kids junk which is what these people have is not sellable on ebay either. If a sale has high prices, everyone will walk away without buying anything because its a turnoff. So these people get their dues in that they are doing a lot of work for nothing since they don't sell anything. Sometimes these people are happy putting their stuff out week after week at the same high prices even though they clearly aren't moving anything.

Its also really, really HARD to sell things here at a sale, no matter what price you put it at. You could put everything on your lawn for 25 cents and it will not all sell. This is probably in part that there is not a whole lot of cash flying around in my area, I mean yard sales don't take EBT cards but Walmart does!

Its much much easier to bargain with people at the end of the day, they want to sell, so they will take pretty much anything you hand them, sometimes people give things away. The closer to fall it gets the more the people will bargain. I haven't had anyone refuse one of my offers since the beginning of July.

I do relate to the higher income families though, I have an uncle who is a doctor, and he does not want to deal with anything and is more than happy to throw perfectly good stuff on the curb because he just doesn't have time to deal with it otherwise. He is great though because he does give things away when they are in reach and when he is able to. But these types of people usually can't be bothered to have a yard sale since they just throw their discards out.

Slowdive, no biggie.

I only a few sales today. At one I found a couple of games (all cart only) . . . Shadowrun Genesis, Pilotwings SNES, and Shining Force II.

Shadowrun was marked $2 so I knew I was going to grab it, Pilotwings was $3 (I pay .50 for one) but I was really excited by Shining Force until I was $30 on it! I was negotiating with the woman running the sale and thought of trying to totally snow her but played it straight . . . so she has to get her hubby. While waiting, we agreed to some prices. Her DVDs were $3 . . . I pulled out a sealed copy of Bambi and the show Fireflies and we agreed on $5 for the pair. Then I brought over this sealed game called Lionheart (looks cool and lists over $50) . . . it was marked $8 . . . but she agreed to do $10 for the boardgame and DVDs.

Finally the husband is there and I say "would you take $5 on this one" . . . "no that's a collector's game and goes for a lot on ebay." Fine, I ask if he'll take $1 on Shadowrun . . . "sure." Then I turn to her and say . . . "OK, so I owe you $11, right?" I pay her and walk away.

Out of the corner of my eye I can see him wince (at the total, I guess). Then I can tell that he is talking to her about it (lecturing her about the sale) but I don't pay any attention to it.

What an asshat.

Hello ladies and gentlemen of the Cheap Ass Gamer G' Salin' community. I used to post on here pretty frequently in the days of Moiety and Snotknocker, but, I moved, got a new job, etc.

But, I'm back to yard salin, g' salin', and estate salin'. I've read the last 20 pages of the thread and you guys are doing awesome on the retro front. Good stuff.

I've created a YouTube channel where I explain the stories behind the finds, similar to how many of you eloquently explain via this thread. I will eventually have a segment where I will film actual yard sales and the finds live. I think you guys would dig that. Anyway, feel free to check it out. Thanks and beat them nerdmasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7BGVjg1Ec&feature=channel_video_title

(Skip to 6:00 if you want to go directly to the finds)

Nice video. I'd get that Metroid/Zelda graded and put it up on eBay.

"Sealed game collectors are an unhappy bunch." I beg to differ.

It would be funny to see videos of an actual yard sale, I would do it but I doubt I could get away with it here since cameras are a no no anywhere in public in my area god forbid you try to use one and someone will have the cops on you. I already had a woman almost call the police on me for taking a picture of an arcade game in a public place.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Hello ladies and gentlemen of the Cheap Ass Gamer G' Salin' community. I used to post on here pretty frequently in the days of Moiety and Snotknocker, but, I moved, got a new job, etc.

But, I'm back to yard salin, g' salin', and estate salin'. I've read the last 20 pages of the thread and you guys are doing awesome on the retro front. Good stuff.

I've created a YouTube channel where I explain the stories behind the finds, similar to how many of you eloquently explain via this thread. I will eventually have a segment where I will film actual yard sales and the finds live. I think you guys would dig that. Anyway, feel free to check it out. Thanks and beat them nerdmasters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls7BGVjg1Ec&feature=channel_video_title

(Skip to 6:00 if you want to go directly to the finds)[/QUOTE]

I need that goalie mask, my sons dek hockey gear is all Rangers colors that would look sweet with it.

[quote name='SaraAB']It would be funny to see videos of an actual yard sale, I would do it but I doubt I could get away with it here since cameras are a no no anywhere in public in my area god forbid you try to use one and someone will have the cops on you. I already had a woman almost call the police on me for taking a picture of an arcade game in a public place.[/QUOTE]

Must be why History/Discovery/Spike/TruTV hasn't made a show about yard salers yet.

Not sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow. This town is starting to feel pretty dried up in terms of gaming stuff at least. Wondering if I should just pick another nearby town and try my luck there instead. Except then I won't know the competition or how to get around as easily. Hm.

My finds are pretty good for an average day. However, it was a townwide sale and for being out from 9-3, my finds are pretty lackluster.

sdc10206.jpg

Hoarders Season 1- Wanted $3, paid $2.
Sex & The City Season 1 - Wanted $5, paid $3.
Land of the Dead DVD - Paid $0.50.
Bedtime Stories Bluray (finally, I see a bluray at a yard sale) - Wanted $5, paid $4.

308b2gk.jpg

Harvey Birdman - Wanted $5, paid $3.
Spyro - Paid $0.75.
Mortal Kombat Deception - Paid $1.
Dirge of Cerberus (blockbuster case with no manual) - Paid $1.

k9ay68.jpg

Various comics ranging from Batman to the Civil War series to Green Lantern to Captain America & Deadpool teaming up together.
25 cents each. Got $7 worth.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Must be why History/Discovery/Spike/TruTV hasn't made a show about yard salers yet.

Not sure what I'm gonna do tomorrow. This town is starting to feel pretty dried up in terms of gaming stuff at least. Wondering if I should just pick another nearby town and try my luck there instead. Except then I won't know the competition or how to get around as easily. Hm.[/QUOTE]

I think it would just be too obviously staged as a TV show, there is pretty much no way you could do this randomly and bring TV cameras onto random people's lawns, it would just look way too staged either way even if you had permission from the owners of the house. The way I understand it is each house is private property so filming on someone's lawn could get you busted pretty fast.

However

I do know people who have hosted a yard sale on their own property and set up cameras to record everything mainly to prevent people from stealing from the sale, so I am guessing that it would be perfectly legal to do this as long as you are using your own house/lawn/garage. Might be pretty interesting to film people constantly lowballing for prices haha.

2m2vtrq.jpg

Gamecube, 2 controllers, 4 sets of bongos, Donkey Konga 2, Gamecube carrying case, and memory card for $10
He-Man season 1 volume 1 and 2 sealed $2 each
xbox live case with dvd remote and headphone for $1
Elebits DS game $1
Donkey Kong Red Label for 2600 $.50

Rest of the sales today were no good. Not a bad day. Guy at the sale(who loved rpgs like me) told me to come back tomorrow and he'll bring alot of ps1 and ps2 rpgs that he has. Can't wait to see what rpgs he has

Hit a sale after work before the downpour. No games... just junk and "antiques." Tried hitting the pawn shop to brighten my day but they had nothing.

Here's to hoping for next week!

[quote name='robwhois']
2m2vtrq.jpg
Can't wait to see what rpgs he has[/QUOTE]

Report back . . . sounds cool. Just my luck, he would look them up on ebay before meeting with you ;-)

[quote name='robwhois']
Can't wait to see what rpgs he has[/QUOTE]

Hopefully he doesn't look them up on ebay first ;-) That would be my luck.

Ikilledlassic (or anyone else making these vids), its a cool idea but a little shorter would make it better :)

Not really a criticism. Maybe you could do the finds up front and then tell the stories . . . just a thought.

If everyone starts doing these, I won't do anything but watch youtube all day ;-)

[quote name='schultzed']Hopefully he doesn't look them up on ebay first ;-) That would be my luck.
[/QUOTE]

Hopefully, he seemed to really enjoy the fact that I could talk to him for like 30 minutes about old school games are cartoons, so maybe that will give me a slight discount tomorrow :)

[quote name='schultzed']Hopefully he doesn't look them up on ebay first ;-) That would be my luck.

Ikilledlassic (or anyone else making these vids), its a cool idea but a little shorter would make it better :)

Not really a criticism. Maybe you could do the finds up front and then tell the stories . . . just a thought.

If everyone starts doing these, I won't do anything but watch youtube all day ;-)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I appreciate the constructive criticism. It's more of a channel then an entry here. Perhaps this would be more your speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-rsx42B-8&feature=channel_video_title

[quote name='SaraAB']It would be funny to see videos of an actual yard sale, I would do it but I doubt I could get away with it here since cameras are a no no anywhere in public in my area god forbid you try to use one and someone will have the cops on you. I already had a woman almost call the police on me for taking a picture of an arcade game in a public place.[/QUOTE]

There are ways around this, such as blurring faces. Which I will. The main focus will be the haggling and the boxes of goodies.

First for my Wifes Thursday Finds:

100_0493.jpg

$1 a piece - A little ashamed of these.

100_0496.jpg

$1 a piece

100_0497.jpg

$5 a piece - Was kinda upset that she paid $5 a piece for these. but i cant fauilt her when she out there trying.

Today:

100_0513.jpg

$2 a piece.

100_0514.jpg

.50 cents - Cant find anything about this game at all....

100_0512.jpg

.50 cents a piece

100_0511.jpg

$18 - Wasnt to happy about the price, but I think they are worth it.

100_0510.jpg

$3

100_0509.jpg

$1

100_0508.jpg

$2 - Sealed VHS Zelda. I figured why not.

100_0507.jpg

$2

100_0506.jpg

$1.50

100_0505.jpg

$3

100_0503.jpg

Kelloggs 360 Toy - Free

100_0502.jpg

$3 - Yay! another metal Lunchbox!!!

100_0500.jpg

$2.50

100_0499.jpg

$2 - Ninja Turtle Sleeping Bag - Wife saw it and fell in love with it. (I use to collect turtles) so she had to buy it lol.

100_0498.jpg

$1 - Wife thought I was joking when i said i wanted it.

And my find of the day had to be this:

100_0494.jpg

Found it on bottom shelf of an old garage sale. everything is in the box (a/v cables, power, manual, and unit).

Paid $2.

[quote name='elessar123']lol that Pikachu looks like it's sad. Wonder if it's a knock-off.

The sleeping bag does look really cool though.[/QUOTE]

see i thought that too. but i checked the tags and its nintendo licensed. so im not sure.

It might be legit. Apparently, it looks like it's the Play by Play version, from Canada. Their website's been suspended, but they supposedly had rights to Pokemon toys. Not sure how accurate any of it is.

Edit: Also seems like people didn't buy their plushes, so they became carnival prizes.

[quote name='IkilledLassic']Hey, I appreciate the constructive criticism. It's more of a channel then an entry here. Perhaps this would be more your speed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws-rsx42B-8&feature=channel_video_title[/QUOTE]

Love the videos dude, definitely keep it up, watched both that you posted on here. I'd be pissed if I missed that 80 snes game collection, especially for 30 bucks. And I see your a fellow long islander. I live in suffolk county myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back