Brain Age 2
Imagine: Fashion Designer
Deal or no Deal
Mario Kart DS (2 of this)
Mario Party DS
Professor Layton and the Curious Village

$10 total, all cart only

N64:
2 Nintendo 64 systems (with 2 sets of cables)
2 expansion Paks
1 Jumper Pak
6 controllers (one third-party)
Rumble Pak
Games cart only:
Pokemon Stadium
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros
Rugrats in Paris
Donkey Kong 64 (2 of these, one with the box)
WWF No Mercy
Mario Kart 64
Monopoly
Mario Tennis
Mortal Kombat 4
Cruisin USA
Some baseball game I don't remember

GameCube:
Silver system with cables
2 controllers
Monsters, Inc Scream Arena

$15 total

:)

Todays find:

100_0515.jpg

$2 a piece

100_0516.jpg

$1 a piece

100_0517.jpg

$1

100_0518.jpg

$2.50 a piece

100_0519.jpg

$5

100_0520.jpg

.50 - Went to yard sale and knew the person throwing it so i felt like i had to buy something. This was all i could find. The kirby is pretty cool, it is kinda like a magic 8 ball thing.

Nice finds today guys! That Odyssey is amazing! My only game finds for the weekend were Wind Waker and Double Dash, both in rough shape for $2.50ea. Aside from that... bought a drum set for $100. Impulse spending, it'll get ya. Can't wait to see what else everyone got.

[quote name='elessar123']It might be legit. Apparently, it looks like it's the Play by Play version, from Canada. Their website's been suspended, but they supposedly had rights to Pokemon toys. Not sure how accurate any of it is.

Edit: Also seems like people didn't buy their plushes, so they became carnival prizes.[/QUOTE]

Play by Play pokemon plush toys are completely legit, they just aren't of the best quality.

I'm gonna try to pull my pictures together later (could be tomorrow). But I do have a little story to tell.

I don't know who my video game competitiors are . . . I haven't rub shoulders with them. But I do know a few of my book competitors and I saw one yesterday . . . drat!

There were signs for a sale (not on CL or in the paper) and it was a cutback for me . . . so it took a little extra time to get over there. It was in an apartment complex and as I pulled in I saw the guy. He's a kinda nemesis because we seek some of the same stuff but at the same time he's not that bad. He buys a lot of collectibles (including old books which don't interest me). He also stays away from DVDs and videogames and doesn't look things up.

Still he knows books and if he has gone through a sale, I can see the holes where he pulled stuff.

I can see him going to his car with a box of stuff (looks heavy). So, I go ahead into this garage anyway knowing that he probably bought the good books but I might find other stuff. But he passed on a bunch of art technique books . . . I don't know why.

These are pretty good listers . . . ave. is definitely above $10. Maybe he balked at the price ($2 each). But as I created two stacks I said "will you take $1 each" . . . the woman says "if you buy all those, I will." It came out to 44 books . . . so I said "$40 even?" Yes, and she threw in the crates.

NDS Lite Charger - 1
Pac-Man Card Game (Complete) - .25
Complete GBC Games - .75
Mixed Lot of Old Games With Some Misc - 30

The NDS Lite charger was marked 2 and took 1. The Pac-Man game & GBC games were asking price. The big buy of the day was from a plastic bin of games that was brought out when I asked about older video games, some was kept and some was sold to me. After sorting it out and what not I made an offer of 20 which was countered with 30. For the Genesis game cases - top two are cases only, next two no games, Mortal Kombat II is missing the manual and the last 3 are complete.

7 Playstation Games (1 Empty Case), GBA With Shovelware Game - 4

The GBA was marked a buck. Asked about video games lady mentioned "Nintendo" as a buzzword then the guy mentioned "Sega" but it ended up being PS1 when it was brought out. Picked out what I got and offered 3 on the PS1 games. Lone top case no game, next 3 complete and the last four are sealed.

Got out at about 7:40 and was out for a little over 3 1/2 hours Friday. Got to about 24 yardsales total.

I made my first stop at a sale that was out of the way interested in a Super Nintendo with games that was advertised. Not a bad small bundle with 9 games (Super Mario Kart, All-Stars & World, Donkey Kong Country, Top Gear 2 & Road Runner: Death Vally Rally - rest sports crap) but they wanted $75 firm and mentioned knowing what it's worth eBay, yadda yadda yadda. My offer of 20 right before they mentioned the price was firm didn't fly. Another girl was interested and when she got wind of the price her reply was a surpried that much at a yardsale? and was not surprisingly too rich for her also. They also had a PS1 with 2 crap games for the low price of 25.

After I got back on my regularly scheduled yardsale route I made my next stop a sale I remember from last year at a house at which a guy mentioned having a Nintendo and a box of games who took my number and never got in touch with me, I was thinking if I was lucky it might end up being out for sale this year but I didn't see anything and didn't get the vibe that I missed anything. I normally wouldn't bother mentioning something like this but in this case I will as it brings up the fact that I had to decide between skipping the advertised SNES for fear of it being expensive or getting to this sale right away that has a slimmer chance of having something but would (most likely) be a better deal if it did.

Nobody mentioned anything I missed and besides the advertised SNES the most expensive thing I saw was a NDS Lite for 60 with a few dreck games seperate for 8 each.

The house I got my big find at I figured was a repeat from a sale I remember from a community sale 2 years ago and it was the house I was thinking of. I got Slam City With Scottie Pippen & a Carmen Sandiego game for the Genesis during the community sale for .25 each IIRC. When I got to the sale I see a few younger 20 somes playing cards at the edge of the sale and an older lady on the porch running things who was probably who I dealt with last time as I remember it was an older person. I decided to ask the card players about older video games this time around to which the one guy mentions "Sega" in particular and goes in. He comes back out with a plastic bin that ends up being a mix of stuff. I didn't take a good look at the portable stuff at first but do end up starting out trying 10 for everything. The guy mentions he didn't want to sell everything. Genesis 1 & NES systems & controllers (looked to be missing hookups) and he also put aside some games he didn't want to part with. X-Men for Genesis, Michael Jordan: Chaos In The Windy City for SNES and the rest NES games in....a Game Genie, Battletoads, Star Wars, Captain America, Super C, The Guardian Legend, Little Nemo The Dream Master, Big Bird Hide & Seek, Pac-Man (Tengen) & Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt that I can remember but I do have all of the good picks he held back if I'm forgetting a few. I was thinking he would hold back more good games but was still (easily) sold when he was still willing to get rid of all of the portable stuff as at a quick glance I noticed Mega Man III & V in the bunch. I didn't even get a good look at the Game Gear games or about half of the Game Boy games and figured I'd wait till I got home to get a better look at them.

Saturday I got out at about the same time and only got to 6 sales before the rain got bad around 8:30. I had a small list of 15 sales, 3 sales had nothing going on and I skipped 4 that weren't right down the street from where I was shortly after the rain picked up. I only had 3 other sales I might stop at late morning that are right in town.

The only funny thing that happened Saturday was BSing with one guy he told me he had a Playstation game worth 15 hundred dollars so I couldn't help myself and asked him what game. This magical game ended up being World of Outlaws Sprint Cars 2002 for the PS2 which seems to maybe still be worth 15 dollars online, he even brought it out and showed it to me and it had a used GameStop sticker on it and seemed to be in typical dirty/worn shape like most used PS2 games from GameStop seem to be nowadays.

Had a fun day at the village sales today. It was advertised to have over 100 sales but people run at the sight of a slight drizzle. Still hit probably 60 sales. Not a whole lot of video games however. A few common PS2 games here and there and some cheap gamecubes. Other then that it was fairly bare and I took the stuff that I wanted.

First, I have been looking for a subwoofer to add to my home theater system and managed to find one at one of the first sales. Best of all it was only a dollar.

DSC02104.jpg

Next, these were the only console based games I found all day that were worth while. Donkey Kong Country for the SNES and Gorvellus for the SMS. Figured I'll start buying SNES games again and rebuild a new SNES collection since I just put them all up in my lowball. Each game I got for a dollar.
DSC02105.jpg

I've also recently got into vinyls and I do have a new Audio-Technica turntable but I cannot pass up the opportunity to get some nice vintage ones when they come around so I managed to find two Technics today. First is a SL-B205 and the 2nd is an SL-DD22 which was new in box never used. The B205 was $5 and the DD22 was $10

DSC02106.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

Just gotta wait for my phono amp to come from amazon so I can use them.

I've also been wanting a paintball gun to mess around with. Found this for $40 and I still have no idea why I bought it but I did so here it is.
DSC02103.jpg

Finnally one of my favorite finds of the day were these old big box pc games. I don't really see these anymore and for a $1 I couldn't pass them all up.
DSC02108.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

That was it for me today. Coulda bought some other stuff but I passed. Hopefully I get out a few more times this year but I may not get the chance with college starting soon.

Total flashback to ages like 4-6 when I saw that TMNT sleeping bag. Had the exact same one. Just pulled all my old TMNT stuff outta the attic a few months ago.

Had an ok day today.

1st stop - Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun pc game (x2), Command & Conquer :red Alert pc game, Command & Conquer pc game, Command & Conquer Generals pc, Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun Firestorm pc, Advance to Boardwalf board game, and WWF Wrestling Stars boardgame - $7

2nd - Halo 2, Mafia (xbox), Spartan: Total Warrior (xbox), Metal Gear Solid (black label) - all complete - $7

3rd - Zelda Twilight Princess (wii) complete - $5

4th - Syphon Filter 2, Syphon Filter 3, Metal Gear Solid - all complete, and James Bond 007 The world is Not Enough (PS1) sealed - $7

other stops -
Clear-purple Gambeboy color, with Tetris DX and Super Mario Bros. Deluxe - $4

American Psycho blu ray - $2

3 Stephen King novels (2 dark tower series and HC Black House) - $5

Shenmue II (xbox) complete - $1

Syphon Filter Dark Mirror (PS2) complete - $1

Ape Escape (ps1) complete but the case is beat up - $1

2 gamecube controllers - $1

and the best find today......................

Super NES Super Scope 6 complete in box! - $2

Not a bad day. Not going out tomorrow. I am exhausted.

On further inspection the super scope is missing the eye piece you look through :( Still cool to have around the box. Maybe I find the attachment elsewhere somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today's (and last week's) finds.

Dscn6697.jpg

Red GBA SP w/ charger & Metroid Fusion $15
Silver DS Lite w/ stylus & filler pak $35

Both will replace my current systems (a chewed up silver SP and a DS phat with a broken hinge, respectively) so I don't mind the higher prices so much.

Dscn6698.jpg

:360: Viva Pinata Party Animals (sealed) $2
:360: Halo 3 ODST (CIB mint) $5 ($10 IAP)

Dscn6699.jpg

Saturn - Virtua Racing & Bases Loaded '96 Double Header $.50 each

Total crap, but the discs are nice and the cases might come in handy some day.

Dscn6700.jpg

D&D Basic Set - $2 (IAP $3)

Outer box has some wear, contents are mint including unopened dice.

Dscn6701.jpg

PlayStation 2 display sign - $25

This is actually from a thrift store but I stopped there between yard sales. Looks pretty cool perched atop my current-and-last-gen shelf. Totally worth the price IMO.

[quote name='slowdive21']mitchondria are you in Illinois?[/QUOTE]

Nah. Located in ky my friend. But may have ran into you somewhere around us 127. Saw all kind of illinois people down here on the longest yard sale. Which was this weekend

This week and last week were totally strike outs for games for me. I got a bunch of records and frames for my video game posters though.

Normally, I hate going to sales on Saturdays...most of the sales in the Chicago subs are tapped by then.

Today was no different. I look for games primarily and didn't find anything at about 15-20 sales, so I went to the county flea market that is going on this weekend. Boy am I glad I did.

About ten minutes in I get a glimpse of a box of Atari games. Of course I check it out. Guy tells me $1 for each game (blah). I dig a little further in the box and find an Atari system. Better yet, it was a Vader! Trying to hide some excitement the seller tells me, "If you want the whole set, I'd do it for 20 bucks." Uh, yeah, I grabbed it. Total: Vader system, 44 games, power cord, and some coax connector for a 5200. No joysticks, no paddles...not a big deal. Took it home and all of it works!

Also found:
Eternal Darkness and XMen Legends (both GC) - $3
Shining Force (Game Gear) -$2...really wish I had a Game Gear to play it with.
Seahawks helmet bank - $2 (brother's a huge fan)

I'll try and put some pics up for it tomorrow. Probably not the right thread, but do you need a Photobucket or Flickr account to post pics here?

[quote name='TheHeef']
I'll try and put some pics up for it tomorrow. Probably not the right thread, but do you need a Photobucket or Flickr account to post pics here?[/QUOTE]

I use imageshack but those will probably work fine.

Also hit up the 127 today but was there with relatives which slowed things down. Might have to set out on my own next year.

[quote name='mitchondria']Nah. Located in ky my friend. But may have ran into you somewhere around us 127. Saw all kind of illinois people down here on the longest yard sale. Which was this weekend[/QUOTE]

I saw that same TMNT sleeping bag at a sale. It was $3 , but I left it for fear of bedbugs. ;) Leave it sealed in a airtight (garbage) bag for a few days.

[quote name='TheHeef']Normally, I hate going to sales on Saturdays...most of the sales in the Chicago subs are tapped by then.
[/QUOTE]

Great more competition. :p

[quote name='Invicta 61']
Also hit up the 127 today but was there with relatives which slowed things down. Might have to set out on my own next year.[/QUOTE]

Great more competition.
icon_razz.gif

A soild week (not spectacular but not a fail either) both for vgs and media (the art book haul bailed me out):

On Friday, there was an ad promising PS2, GC, and Xbox games. I tried to push out early but got there at open (hoping they'd be just setting up) but I saw only about 10 very crappy games. I bought this for $1.50 (no manual poor disc):

In retrospect, I don't know why I didn't ask if they already sold some . . . I think I didn't want to know that someone beat me to a great score?!

Next is a good example of the totally random find. I saw a sign (a little off my usual routes) and I almost didn't go because there had been a crappy sale held twice on the same block . . . but I was near so I went. It was a different house. As I walked up I saw this immediately:

I asked the guy how much and he gave me that 3-4 second pause . . . so before he could say anything, I offered $5. He countered $10 and then I said $8 (realizing I should have gone $7.50). But he accepted. Haven't tested it but it is pretty dirty. The games are complete with instructions and overlays. Funny the PGA has a JCPenny tag and was $31.95 but marked down to $26.95--I checked with an inflation calculator and it says this would be at least $90 today (in buying power) I was going to guess it was at least $60.

The guy was cool and as we talked, he swore there was something else game related and after a few minues he produced this from a shelf in the garage:

Very nasty but for $2, how could I say no . . . just the power adapter would be worth it. No games (not even the bonus that is often in the system) :whistle2:(

This sale had some 360 games but looked picked over :whistle2:( I did get this for $1:

I'm trying to find 360 games for $1 or less :) I did spot a GTA PS2 game at a sale (marked $2 so I bet I could have got it for $1) to keep my streak alive.

After my nice book score, I picked this up for $2:

Haven't tested it and its missing one battery cover but has a bonus game:

Next door I got a nice deal on a few OOP CDs maybe cuz I bought the $50 lemonade from the kids. Always a good idea if you see stuff you might negotiate on ;-)

[quote name='schultzed']
Next door I got a nice deal on a few OOP CDs maybe cuz I bought the $50 lemonade from the kids. Always a good idea if you see stuff you might negotiate on ;-)[/QUOTE]

I hope you meant to say $0.50 lemonade...;)

[quote name='ex_eBay_buyer']I hope you meant to say $0.50 lemonade...;)[/QUOTE]

LOL . . . most expensive lemonade EVER. And, as always, it tastes like crap. I tend to take one drink and discretely dump it later--but I think its a karma boost to buy it :)

[quote name='slowdive21']
Great more competition. :p
[/QUOTE]

Oh, don't worry, man. My schedule only allows for a few hours of garage saling a week, so I have to stay pretty close to home. If it's any consolation...I don't live anywhere NEAR 127 in Illinois.

Promised some pics of my pull this weekend, so I took the crash course in Imageshack and Spoilers. So here goes...
atari44games.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-08-07
Atari, 44 games, no joysticks or paddles - $20

gcxmeneternaldarkness.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-08-07
Eternal Darkness, X-Men Legends - $3

ggshiningforce.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-08-07
Shining Force (Game Gear) - $2

n64marioincubusdvd.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-08-07
Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Incubus - Alive at Red Rocks (sealed) - $10

gcmariokartbdblazingsad.jpg

By mrrapp at 2011-08-07
Mario Kart (GC) - $3
Blazing Saddles Blu-Ray - $0.50

Everything except the GC Mario Kart and Blazing Saddles was found at a flea market this weekend. I'll need to find some joysticks and paddles for the Atari, so if anyone's got some that they don't want...;)

Sat. morning this popped up on CL:
Huge yard sale, 3 families!
Tons of boys clothing, sizes 2T-16
Some girls and Women's clothing
Like new Scrubs for women
American girl doll stuff
Wrestlers
PS3, XBOX360, and Wii games
Household items
Microwave cart
VHS and DVD movies
Mr. Potato Heads

Too much to mention, and everything MUST sell.

Located off of 16th st., just east of West Blvd.
1645 Quincy Ave.

I cruise over at about 7:50 and there isn't even the tinest movement (2 unit house). I wait around, hit a few sales in the neighborhood and go back at 8:30 . . . nothing. They have about a dozen signs around and even some in front of the house. I doubled back at 9:45 . . . still nothing. The ad was updated on CL to now say Sun. 9am. So, I head over (but there is some rain) and again and nothing . . . the house is totally dead and a knock on the door comes up empty . . . fuck.

[quote name='slowdive21']I saw that same TMNT sleeping bag at a sale. It was $3 , but I left it for fear of bedbugs. ;) Leave it sealed in a airtight (garbage) bag for a days.[/QUOTE]

We checked it for bed bugs (we both work in hospitals) so we have seen plenty lol.

While waiting around for the non-sale I hit one and found no media accept this sitting on a table:

"how much?" $15 . . . will you take $10? yes. Already sold on Amazon for $32 . . . tempted to keep it but it is probably the hottest game I've ever found at a sale.

Two blocks away just setting up, I pick up this for $2 . . . not sure why I bought it:

About to leave but teen is coming out with this:

How much? In the 3 second pause, I offer $5. The mom jumps in at $10 . . . "does it work?" "I think it just needs a charge . . ." . . . How about $7? OK. Screens look very good . . . no stylus but after a good charge it works great.

Asked about games and guy comes out with a few junk titles . . . I did buy this for .50.

Rough disc and no instructions.

Got these for $6 . . .

Didn't know about Section Z . . . at least I'll never buy one again :)

Fat PS2 with 2 memory cards, hookups and 2 controllers--marked $30:

After some negotiating, I ended up at $12.

[quote name='schultzed']
About to leave but teen is coming out with this:

How much? In the 3 second pause, I offer $5. The mom jumps in at $10 . . . "does it work?" "I think it just needs a charge . . ." . . . How about $7? OK. Screens look very good . . . no stylus but after a good charge it works great.[/QUOTE]

WTF. I'm lucky to find broken DSLs here for $40. Obviously, I pass on them all, considering it's like $80 new at Fry's...

Bought some sort of game related things over the weekend:

Big sterilite storage cart - $4, perfect condition after a good cleaning
Small sterilite cart - $3, again nearly perfect
2 expandable file folders, these are great for game manuals and paperwork 1.50 each (they retail for like $13 each) and I was going to buy them at a store this week

I also bought Mario party 8 for the Wii for $8 from a sale today, it was marked $15 but I got them down on the price.

PS2 16mb expandable memory card, might be a gameshark of some type, but I don't have the disc anyways it was only 25 cents and works

I really needed the storage items so I was happy to get them at yard sales instead of paying full price in the retail stores for them. I saved so much on storage alone this weekend. Now if I could just come up with a decent TV stand.

Best deal

Small Wooden table for..... 50 cents!!! Furniture is hard to come by here since all of it seems to sell really fast at any price. I have been to sales where they wanted $10-30 for small tables, to get one for 50 cents is unprecedented!

Sorry for the delay...

SEALED Marvel Legends 2 pack $2

454dfe57.jpg

Dreamcast Fishing game, Pokemon CD with unused entry card, etc $2 total (everything is SEALED except for the Pokemon CD)

1adb858d.jpg

Shimmers (80s toy) sealed .25, GI Joe 25th Shipwreck $1, Pokemon VHS .25

5361912b.jpg

WWF Wrestlers 80s toys $5 total

fcc6e388.jpg

This came with the above pic Donkey Kong mini arcade game FREE

5b5a467a.jpg

Wanted $20, paid $12

Mr. Machine 1960

9637c221.jpg

fbf85805.jpg

More to come :bouncy:

Did not go out today, but did have a pretty amazing find on craigslist. I was goofing around on line and saw this on CL:

Selling a mint condition Sega Dreamcast System with 2 controllers, light gun, keyboard adapter, broadband adapter, power cable, video cable, and 11 games. Games included are Time Stalkers, Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, Street Fighter 3 Double Impact, Power Stone, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Evolution, Plasma Sword, Grandia II, ChuChu Rocket, Phantasy Star Online, and Soul Calibur. Cash only.

$35

There was a pic showing everything, all complete. Even has the box for the broadband adapter still! Ran up north aways and picked it up. Games are all scratchless. Very exciting! The Dreamcast I picked up 2 weeks ago works fine, but was pretty dirty. This one is much nicer, so definately an upgrade. Quite a few good games there too.

Nice finds everyone. I was on vacation and missed my second week in a row of sales. I'll be going out this Saturday and can not wait to hopefully find some more good stuff.

[quote name='elessar123']WTF. I'm lucky to find broken DSLs here for $40. Obviously, I pass on them all, considering it's like $80 new at Fry's...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was pretty lucky and it was minutes apart from finding Black Ops for $10. Unfortunately the rest of the day was so-so.

Post 1 (That Mr. Machine is worth a decent amount of money BTW) ;)

Couple of game guides, record, cds, Warhammer books $3 total

f131b267.jpg

e63721e0.jpg

fe947904.jpg

The next set are from the sale where I missed out on the SFII Hasbro Figures on the card. This was a former comic store owner. These are what I had in my hands...

Hanna-Barbera Toynami toys .50 each (someone is trying to sell the Birdman for $50 on ebay. I got 2 of em).

cf1e4357.jpg

Nick Fury Gun and Badge replica (still SEALED) $5 (retails for $149.99, but you can usually pick them up for $50)

e828ab74.jpg

The comics were .25 each. Highlights: 1st appearance of Moon Knight VF- (Werewolf by Night 32. Probably worth $100+ on ebay) and first appearance of the Black Panther Fine condition (Fantastic Four 52 probably worth $50-$75). I am keeping them both, since I probably won't find better copies anytime soon!

fe6d4381.jpg

564e9f3d.jpg

More to come and they get better. More games next post. :bouncy:

This weekend was just horrible for me only think I found was an all black Atari 2600 and some He-Man toys. Considering last week I found a Sega CD, this was my worst week.

[quote name='slowdive21']Post 1 (That Mr. Machine is worth a decent amount of money BTW) ;)

Couple of game guides, record, cds, Warhammer books $3 total

f131b267.jpg

e63721e0.jpg

fe947904.jpg

The next set are from the sale where I missed out on the SFII Hasbro Figures on the card. This was a former comic store owner. These are what I had in my hands...

Hanna-Barbera Toynami toys .50 each (someone is trying to sell the Birdman for $50 on ebay. I got 2 of em).

cf1e4357.jpg

Nick Fury Gun and Badge replica (still SEALED) $5 (retails for $149.99, but you can usually pick them up for $50)

e828ab74.jpg

The comics were .25 each. Highlights: 1st appearance of Moon Knight VF- (Werewolf by Night 32. Probably worth $100+ on ebay) and first appearance of the Black Panther Fine condition (Fantastic Four 52 probably worth $50-$75). I am keeping them both, since I probably won't find better copies anytime soon!

fe6d4381.jpg

564e9f3d.jpg

More to come and they get better. More games next post. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

nice pickups, especially the comic books. Have been a collector of comis for years, and some nice pickups

Post 1

Post 2

Powering through the site issues HTML FTW!

Sealed 12 inch GI Joe $1, PS2 demos including Dark Cloud 2 $1 total

282cc473.jpg

Star Brigade Gi Joes on cards and Skeletor Adventures of He-Man $1 each.

5cb60625.jpg

e8cc07d9.jpg

Paid $15 total for the next 2 pics

db441de4.jpg

a75929ee.jpg

Paid $5 for the n64 games. Oh and Pikmin 2!

:)
ee29a8d9.jpg

Did someone mention DS Lites?

Here's 2 of em. Paid $40 total.

9c452fa6.jpg

:whee:

Seems like people are finding DS Lites left and right. Wonder why. The lady I bought mine from the other week said the kids lost interest after they got iPods. I have a feeling that scenario is becoming pretty common.

Kids these days.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Seems like people are finding DS Lites left and right. Wonder why. The lady I bought mine from the other week said the kids lost interest after they got iPods. [/QUOTE]

I think this is pretty accurate and it doesn't bode well for Nintendo's handheld biz. My nephew (teen) used to have his DS with him all the time and then he got an Ipod and I haven't seen him with it since. So many $20-30 DS games have as much play to them as a $1 download game.

[quote name='Tsel']WHAT THE fuck!?

If you had a soul whatsoever, you'd give me one of those DS'. At least sell them to me for cheap. :X[/QUOTE]

I think I may want too much for it, but I might be dumping the blue one. Send me a PM with an offer. This is always awkward since you know what I paid and I know what I can get for it. I would like to hook a fellow CAG up, but the difference may be too large on this item.

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Seems like people are finding DS Lites left and right. Wonder why. The lady I bought mine from the other week said the kids lost interest after they got iPods. I have a feeling that scenario is becoming pretty common.

Kids these days.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='schultzed']I think this is pretty accurate and it doesn't bode well for Nintendo's handheld biz. My nephew (teen) used to have his DS with him all the time and then he got an Ipod and I haven't seen him with it since. So many $20-30 DS games have as much play to them as a $1 download game.[/QUOTE]

Most of the time I see them they either got "the one with the camera" or they "want the 3d one" (I had left a couple of DS and DSlites before I knew they still held value)

I think Nintendo shot themselves in the foot by introducing the 3DS too early. I know it is "the new thing", but as far as I know no one else has handheld 3D in development (I could be wrong though). It basically shortened the shelf life of the DS line.

[quote name='Floopy']Pretty nasty set of pickups, slowdive. I'll see if I can one-up you this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! That was post 3 of 3 from 2 weekends ago. I still have last weekend's finds to post. ;)

(actually I didn't find much last weekend)

[quote name='N3UROP0D']Seems like people are finding DS Lites left and right. Wonder why. The lady I bought mine from the other week said the kids lost interest after they got iPods. I have a feeling that scenario is becoming pretty common.

Kids these days.[/QUOTE]

You also live in NY and I find this is the scenario up here as well, kids have little to no interest in the DS Lite as soon as they get iPods. I see kids walking around with iPods a lot more than the DS system when previously it was the reverse. Gamestop only gives $25 in trade in for a DS Lite, they are better off getting $25 in cash from a yard sale. The thing is you have to keep buying games for the DS or else it is basically nothing, it does almost nothing until you put a cartridge in. The iPod does many things even if it doesn't have any games loaded onto it. If a kid loses interest in their games and the parent doesn't want to buy new ones then its game over for that system.

I am surprised we haven't started hearing... they lost interest in it after they got a smartphone or cell phone yet, because that is another thing, almost every kid here age 8 and over has at the very least a texting phone of some sort.

[quote name='slowdive21']I think I may want too much for it, but I might be dumping the blue one. Send me a PM with an offer. This is always awkward since you know what I paid and I know what I can get for it. I would like to hook a fellow CAG up, but the difference may be too large on this item.[/QUOTE]

If it were me I would do Amazon price minus fees; the last one I sold to a CAG was for $65 shipped (which might be a little high now?).

I went out to one sale this morning that was advertised on craigslist. Listed xbox, ps2, and DVDs.

Found and passed on:
PS2 sports titles
Xbox sports titles and Tom Clancy Games
Junk DVDs $3 each
MASH seasons 1-11 $5 each

Really wanted to buy the MASH sets for my wife but I only had $20 to spend.

I wouldn't lowball you Slowdive despite me knowing how little you paid for it. I can't afford much these days, so if the price is too high, then so be it. I want you to make as much money you can.

[quote name='Tsel']How did my post go uncensored? Do capitalized words bypass the censor? :X[/QUOTE]
Only one way to tell...

fuck - F is capatilized, rest is lower case
fuck - all upper case
fuck - all lower case

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back