Official 2015 CAG Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Unfortunately he posted the offer for Ingram Sunday before Charles got injured so no go on that.

Now I see all this talk of Christine Michael maybe getting the starting nod after the bye. I'm leaning on picking him and dumping Spiller,seeing as he hasn't done anything all year

Well I got Barnidge. I also have Gronk. Didnt think I was going to get him. Anyways I'll use him as trade fodder. I was thinking Barnidge at Flex this week over Decker?

But also according to data here http://www.borischen.co/2014/10/weekly-ppr-wr-tiers.html

Ashlon/Decker/Moncrief are ranked on the same tier this week for WR. I doubt Jeffery will play this week..so its a toss up between the 3
Anyone got an opinion on my flex spot this week? I wish I would have gotten West. But if Forsett is out, Im grabbing the Ravens number 2 RB allen and dropping Morris. Allen should do decent this week

Decker. Denver is scary, Washington's secondary is a bunch of Teddy Bears. Luck doesn't tend to get many TDs against the Patriots. And who knows how healthy things are in Chicago.

Just had this trade proposed to me.

Me: cj Anderson and martellus Bennett
Him: drew Brees and Willie Sneed.

I'm good at WR but my QB right now is Bradford till roethlisberger comes back from injury

I'm good at WR but my QB right now is Bradford till roethlisberger comes back from injury
Depends on your backups. Big Ben is back practicing but not sure to play this week.

No go, CJ you can get rid of... but Bennett is decent, had he been giving up a decent RB then I would say yea

Whoch QB should I start? Landry Jones or Zach Mettenberger. And no there arent any other starting qbs available on the waiver wire.

Whoch QB should I start? Landry Jones or Zach Mettenberger. And no there arent any other starting qbs available on the waiver wire.
It's really a toss-up when it comes to who they're facing (PIT vs KC, TEN vs ATL), but I'd go with Jones because he has better receiving weapons.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the schedule for each like for the next two games? Theoretically, Bridgewater won't throw as much and Hoyer should start throwing more.

So I have the Broncos D and picked up the Dolphins off the waiver wire last week. Broncos have a tough schedule coming up with the Packers this week but the Dolphins have the Patriots. Is it worth keeping the Dolphins for another week?

Ok, I am about sick and tired of this last priority on the waiver. I need another high end wr and it's getting old trying to work out a trade somewhere. All I can say is after they are past the Jets, Jackson better start having huge games. I sat on him long enough.

I thought I had sent some bad trade proposals not intentionally but by not paying attention to injury reports. This one that was proposed to me is possibly the worst I have seen. Peyton, Graham and Murray to me in return for Bortles, Gates, and Gurley. I couldn't decline fast enough.

I thought I had sent some bad trade proposals not intentionally but by not paying attention to injury reports. This one that was proposed to me is possibly the worst I have seen. Peyton, Graham and Murray to me in return for Bortles, Gates, and Gurley. I couldn't decline fast enough.
Had it not been Gurley it isn't that bad.... I mean Murray is coming on... I swear Peyton could find his stride at any moment, and you have to think Graham is going to catch on eventually for the playoffs. But no, I would never trade Gurley.

Well I would argue some of my proposals would be a lot better if the players would stop getting hurt before I notice some of them being injured and offer them up. Not this week mind you. This week I am just flinging a lot of options to choose from against a wall.

Besides, I at least recognize that one of my level two players won't be enough and try to bundle something. Unfortunately in a ten team league, I think there's so much talent on the teams no one wants to have anything to do with gambling on a 2 becoming a 1. Even if it means acquiring two players to take a chance on becoming a 1. Of course, I am not one to talk about gambling in place of my 1's as I have three or four players I would refuse to give up on anything short of something very impressive.

That's OK though, my bench will rise up, lol.

Damn what a Thursday for me... Brady, Blount, Gronk, and Lamar Miller.  Lol, Miller was the only Dolphin to do anything....  Already up 123 to 15!

Ugh currently tied for 2nd most points in the league this week and I am still going to lose this week.

Edit: Sole possession of 2nd most points scored this week in my loss. That always hurts.

I think I just made a great mutually beneficial trade. I I got Yeldon and Alshon for Julio and Gore. I like the playoffs schedule of the guys I am getting a bit more and this will help ensure the other guy makes the playoffs as he's 4-4.

Ok here's a weird hypothetical trade question. Would Bortles, Gurley, Alshon, and DeSean Jackson and Karlos Williams for Carr, Deangelo Williams, West, Stevie Johnson and either Marshall or M. Bryant be a roughly equitable trade or am I out of my damn mind in one direction or the other? Which way?

Would dropping Marshall or M. Bryant make it more or less fair? What about adding John Brown to the first list? Finally the route I like least, what about subbing in Watkins instead of the pick of Marshall or M. Bryant?

Not real fond of the offers one guy is sending me but I would like to try tossing out a fair offer back.

The first scenario almost seems too weighted to the first individual to me but then again if Alshon heals up and DeSean starts playing to potential it could be a good one.

Ok here's a weird hypothetical trade question. Would Bortles, Gurley, Alshon, and DeSean Jackson and Karlos Williams for Carr, Deangelo Williams, West, Stevie Johnson and either Marshall or M. Bryant be a roughly equitable trade or am I out of my damn mind in one direction or the other? Which way?

Would dropping Marshall or M. Bryant make it more or less fair? What about adding John Brown to the first list? Finally the route I like least, what about subbing in Watkins instead of the pick of Marshall or M. Bryant?

Not real fond of the offers one guy is sending me but I would like to try tossing out a fair offer back.

The first scenario almost seems too weighted to the first individual to me but then again if Alshon heals up and DeSean starts playing to potential it could be a good one.
Interesting Id say dont get Marshall. Bryant is the better option makes it more fair. Dont care for Bortles. I don't think DeSean will get hot....

Anyways glad I benched Yeldon this week

Wish I would have benched Hurns.

General consensus I am seeing elsewhere I have asked is DeSean is worth the taking due to getting Gurley and Alshon. Also that Bryant must be included for it to be fair. Course that was before Bortles nose dive last night and I have Big Ben so I really don't care if I get Carr except it would be an upgrade at backup and damn Ben gets injured.

Yea I wish I had benched Hurns this week too. If Jeffery cannot go tomorrow in my PPR league, do I start Maclin, Moncreif or pick up Marquess Wilson 

Other two WRs are Decker and J. Matthews 

Yea I wish I had benched Hurns this week too. If Jeffery cannot go tomorrow in my PPR league, do I start Maclin, Moncreif or pick up Marquess Wilson

Other two WRs are Decker and J. Matthews
Decker is the most consistent WR2. No need to pickup Wilson as he's more inconsistent than your active WRs.

Of course this is the week DeSean chooses to play and he's on my bench. Meh, wouldn't have made a difference. Except for Gurley, who just hit 10 points none of my other players in my lineup even hit double digits. Not my week.

On the bright side someone had an offer of Deangelo for Ivory floating out there for me. I wasn't 100% sure but with about 3 minutes left in the Jets game I made my decision and said yes. There are times Ivory is good and then there are the several games he averages under 2 yds a carry. Just hope there is no injury besides that swollen foot for me to be concerned with with Deangelo. My whole team is beat up to shit. This lack of Alshon is killing me and if Yeldon and Hurns could magically recover, that'd be nice too.

I'm really considering sitting Brady due to him facing the Broncos defense and having so many injured receivers. I'm not sure who else I'd go with, though. Maybe Eli vs Washington or Hoyer vs New Orleans.

So PPR, three questions. Do I keep going with Gronk or use Barnridge? Gronk has to face Den but Brady needs all the passing weapons he can get

Should I play L. Murray against Ten or Woodhead at Jax. I want to use Murray but Woodhead might have a better matchup. Other RBs are D Martin/TJ Yeldon

And WRs, need to pick my 2nd one. Maclin against Buf, J. Matthews at Detroit or Moncreif against Tampa Bay. Hasselback likes Moncreif so he might see some looks. Matthews will probably drop the ball

Kind of of pissed about Eifert and my opponent has him! We were projected dead even which I don't think has happened in any of my matches thus far this year. Should still be a great matchup as we are only five points off but it's not the same feeling.

Bortles or Dalton

And I'm starting
McCoy and David Johnson
Hopkins and Decker
Forte in the flex
And Gurley, Sanders, hurn and amendola on the bench
Should I make any changes?

I'd say Dalton has the safer floor, but both should be pretty close to even I think.

Also, I like Amendola, but being questionable for a late game, I wouldn't blame you for rolling with Forte.

A bit last minute, but picked up Brian Hartline and looking to start over Aiken in a PPR. Yay or nay?

fuck ing Gurley hasn't done anything for a while and now he busts off almost 30 points. Do I consider playing him next week over Deangelo or David Johnson or not risk that floor just for the possibility of the high ceiling?

Would have made for a much more comfortable cushion going into the Sunday night game. Now it's semifinals against the number one seed who I have lost to twice

Welp, knocked out of the playoffs. Had both Aiken and Crabtree in my lineup until Sunday and didn't like either matchup. Started Hartline over Aiken instead of Crabtree which cost me. With Baltimore using a third stringer against Seattle, figured Buck Allen would have gotten used more on the ground, but that wasn't the case either.

Guess my luck had to run out at some point. Managed a third seed with nothing but busts at the top end of my draft. Eddie Lacy, Demarco Murray, Keenan Allen, and Jordan Matthews were my top four picks, so it was an uphill battle all year long.

I was able to pick up Brandon Bolden this week for the semi-finals. Can't decide to sit on him, or throw him in my flex replacing either Mcfadden, or Ginn jr...thoughts?

Decker did okay for me, pretty even match up for me in this round of the playoffs. I benched Fitzpatrick this week in favor of Brees. Hope that pays off 

Only lost by 10 points. 

So playing for 3rd/4th spot. Still gonna get paid someway

PPR. If Yeldon is healthy do I start him against NO over Woodhead against the Raiders?

Bree is banged up bad. Do I dump him and try to grab Cousins or do I just play Fitz against NE? (this game could be a shoot out)

Only lost by 10 points.

So playing for 3rd/4th spot. Still gonna get paid someway

PPR. If Yeldon is healthy do I start him against NO over Woodhead against the Raiders?

Bree is banged up bad. Do I dump him and try to grab Cousins or do I just play Fitz against NE? (this game could be a shoot out)
Sounds like brees is going to play I would stick with him

So Jeffrey is out. Maclin and Decker are my other 2 WRs.

Do I start Moncreif, or do I pick up and start Wheaton, Parker, Royal, or Kearse (if Baldwin doesn't play)

bread's done
Back