Official Amazon.com Trade-In Deal/FAQ Thread: Extra $30 for $60 worth of trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

disillusion386

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
Trade in Games and Get an Extra $30 Toward Your Next Video Games Purchase (EXPIRES 08/31/09)
Submit a video game trade-in order with a total value of $60 or more in our Video Games Trade-In store before August 31, 2009 and in addition to your Amazon.com Gift Card, you'll receive an extra $30 credit to use toward a video game or accessory purchase in the Video Games store. Limit one discount per qualifying order.
Details:
-To qualify for the $30 credit, you must create a trade-in order during the promotion period (July 19, 2009 - August 31, 2009). Items must be postmarked no later than September 7, 2009 to qualify.
-In the case of multiple trade-in orders, the coupon code will be given for each qualifying order that is received.
-Coupon code applies to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com in the Amazon.com Video Games store.
-Trade-in submissions not accepted and returned to you do not qualify for the promotion. Your trade-in submission could be returned to you if the items are damaged or non-working, incorrect items are included in your package, or accessories such as artwork or manuals are missing. Any submission postmarked later than 7 days after a mailing label is printed will be returned to you automatically. You should receive returned games within 14 days of receipt via the U.S. Postal Service.
-Qualifying customers will be emailed their coupon code within 10 days after their trade-in has been accepted.
-Coupon valid for all video game products sold by Amazon.com in the Video Games store.
-Coupon code applies only to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Does not apply to items sold by other merchants on the Amazon.com Web site. Does not apply to any products purchased in Amazon.com's other sites, including Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, or Amazon.co.jp, or in Marketplace.
-Coupon code applies to the lowest priced qualifying item.
-Coupon code valid on purchases ordered before 12/31/09.
-Applies only to complete orders shipping to a single address that meet all other promotional requirements.
-No substitutions or rain checks.
-Offer must be redeemed through the Shopping Cart. Does not apply to orders placed with 1-Click.
-Tax, shipping, and handling charges may apply to all products.
-Offer may not be combined with other offers, including promotional certificates.
-Void where prohibited.
-Limit one discount per household, per qualifying order.

Trade-In(s) of the Day
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - $16.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Justice for All - $13.00
:ds: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $13.00

If you have not used the previous trade-in deal coupon (50% off on a game or accessory), here is a list of big-ticket items that qualify (thanks to Japakneez):

[quote name='Japakneez']**UPDATED 7/26/09**

Here are some items that work with Amazon promo coupons. Last day to redeem Amazons 50% off coupon is 8/31/09. Some items on sale. Click on links to see latest price and promotions.

:ps3:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2K10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$120 Tony Hawk Ride Bundle
$120 DJ Hero with Turntable
$120 Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$200 Band Hero Superbundle
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:360:
$100 Batman: Arkham Asylum
$100 NBA 2k10 10th Anniversary (Click on 'Special')
$140 Hori Real Arcade Pro EX-SE (all Seimitsu parts)
$150 Madcatz Tournament Edition Fighting Stick (all Sanwa parts)
$150 Tekken 6 Bundle with Wireless Stick
$150 Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2: Prestige Edition ($80 Hardened Edition)
$160 120gb Hard Drive
$200 Turtle Beach Ear Force X4
$250 Rock Band Beatles
$300 Ion Drum Rocker

:wii:
$90 Wii Fit
$??? Wii Fit Plus
$250 Rock Band Beatles

[/QUOTE]

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure
1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions
1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest USPS Post Office and mail it by (one week from submission of trade).

Trade-In Product Eligibility
Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

If you are concerned about the reliability of Media Mail, you may send the games yourself and pay for postage. The address to send the games is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson MA 01749

FAQ

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
USPS Media Mail

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
Yes. If you’re worried about your package, definitely take advantage of these shipping options. You’ll just have to pay a little extra to ship your games. NOTE: There have been cases where the post office doesn’t allow adding these options on prepaid shipping labels, but try anyway or go to a different post office.

I don't trust Media Mail. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
43 Broad st. C403
Hudson, MA 01749

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit in 3 to 5 business days, however.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the trade-in deal?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however. On the other hand, older gen games, such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 10 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that it might still raise red flags. No one has reported attempting this so we do not know for sure. 2 to 3 copies of a game should be okay, but more than that is pushing it. Also, keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always edit or cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Does the ECA discount stack with the trade-in deal coupon?
Yes.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was wondering what you guys thought of this. I only own 1 PS2 game right now:

Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga. It comes in a Phantom Brave case with no manual. The TIV for the game is $13 on amazon. You think they'll take it? (PS, if anyone wants this game, let me know).

[quote name='io']The trade-in deal of the day is Gravity for the Wii at $17.

Lock that puppy in before they drop it!

It is $19.99 new/$17.99 used at GS (so $16.19 after Edge). As usual with these things there are practically no used copies around me (I see 1 at the 32 stores within 100 miles of me). But I may not even bother with getting the used copy - it seems plentiful new and even with the $3 loss it's worth it to move GS credit over to Amazon to use with the $30 coupon.

I locked in 2 trades with it so I can free up some of the other games I was going to send in to go to Gamestop instead (since they get better value there anyway with the 50% bonus).[/QUOTE]

I don't see how this is worth it on new copies at all. Unless you just need 1 copy of Gravity to hit your $60 mark.

Otherwise, on a new copies x 4 you would get $17x4= $68 TIV + $30 discount on future game purchase but...($98 total if you count the future $30 discount)

It would cost you $19.99+tax = $21.64 x4 = $86.56 Gamestop credit cost.

Seems like a lot of work for very little.:roll:

Bleh, stupid USPS not updating the Delivery Confirmation very often. I sent my package out early Saturday morning, last time there was anything in the DC was on Sunday. Granted, I know it's not tracking or anything, but it's usually updated more often then that. Going from Illinois to MA, might wind up being there today or tomorrow, based upon other times that I've seen in this and the other thread.

Second package totaling $70.75 arrived today from North Bay Area, Cali. It took exactly 7 days again, so I'm pretty happy since I had prepared for the worse (2 weeks D: )

Anyway, coupon from the first has yet to arrive but it's only the second day so I'll wait and update on what happens.

[quote name='Xfactor4']I don't see how this is worth it on new copies at all. Unless you just need 1 copy of Gravity to hit your $60 mark.

Otherwise, on a new copies x 4 you would get $17x4= $68 TIV + $30 discount on future game purchase but...($98 total if you count the future $30 discount)

It would cost you $19.99+tax = $21.64 x4 = $86.56 Gamestop credit cost.

Seems like a lot of work for very little.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, no tax for me (and many others if using GS Edge credit) so I'd get $68 for $79.96 in GS credit. The point is that it is not a lot of work to buy new copies - they are available at just about every GS store. It is the used copy flipping that is a lot of work (finding them, seeing if they are complete, etc). For example, I need to go there anyway to switch out the scratched up De Blob I got this weekend (and already submitted for trade-in). But the $17 each allows me to save 2 "regular" games I'd have to trade in to Amazon otherwise which can then go to GS for a greater profit (more than making up the $3 loss in GS->Amazon on Gravity).

Yeah, that was bound to happen - I love how the "deal of the day" can change within the same day to be not such a deal. :lol:

Well, that's why I said to lock it in last night.

For those who bought the TE stick, how long did it take to receive it through FSSS? I just ordered right now and it says it's not even gonna ship until next Tuesday :(

I wasn't interested in picking up this game, but amazon changing the TIV on a 'Trade-In of the Day' is complete BS. :lol: It isn't even noon yet!

The wording leads us to believe that the value will hold all day. We should complain.

Trade-In of the Day

One or more products at a special, high, one-day-only trade-in value.

That's such bullshit that amazon has the ability to change the prize on the Trade-In of the Day. I understand for other items, but if your going to offer a special Trade-In price for the whole day, you should do so knowing what your competitor's prices are for a new copy of the game. Obviously this would be a good flip for people who want to move Gamestop credit to Amazon credit. Boo-urns.

Yeah that's possible, but don't you think when they see a ton of people locking in an offer (even if they don't end up sending any games in) that they'll lower the TIV? Seems more plausible to me.

[quote name='Hodnes']I bought 40 inFamous games for 40.50 each which totaled to 1620. The TIV right now is 34.25 each. If I send in packs of 2 and get 68.50 per game + 30 credit that's 98.50.

So I would end up sending in 20 packs of 2. 98.50 - 81.00 = 17.50 per box I profit.

17.50 x 20 = 350.00 extra

I mean that's a lot of money but does it seem like a work. It would only take like 30-40 minutes to pack the boxes and put labels on and what not. Then a 10 minute drive to Post office. I'm just worried that I'm taking a risk with sending in 20 boxes (afraid it might get stolen or lost and I lose out)

Yeah I know the 30 extra is for gaming but I buy most my games off Amazon ever since I got ECA. I was just wondering if it'd be worth it or if it'd be too much work[/QUOTE]

You, sir, are a complete idiot.

Has anyone had any luck trading in a NES game without the original box? I know there has been success with Game Boy games but I've got a couple of NES games and don't have the original paper boxes they came in...

Got my trade accepted today.

Shipped my 7 games out in a box to my local Michigan post office on Thursday at 4:30 PM . Got my credit today, Wednesday, at 2 PM. So, it took 4 shipping days (not counting the day I shipped out and Sunday).

Traded in 3 Game Boy Color games without a manual or box and all of them were accepted. The other 4 were 360 games which were all complete and were all accepted as well.

All I need to do now is to wait for my 50% off coupon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the game boy games had marker written on the back of each game, and one of them actually had marker all over the front sticker.

Well, after some internal debate, I finally decided to fire off two copies of Infamous using the TIV a few days ago... $77 in Gamestop credit becomes $68 in Amazon credit plus a $30 coupon.... hopefully ;)

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Well, after some internal debate, I finally decided to fire off two copies of Infamous using the TIV a few days ago... $77 in Gamestop credit becomes $68 in Amazon credit plus a $30 coupon.... hopefully ;)[/QUOTE]

I think I'll be sending mine off tomorrow as well. Did you remove the preowned stickers? I doubt that they'll care much, as they probably have a ton of new ps3 game cases if they really want to swap everything out.

[quote name='Hodnes']I bought 40 inFamous games for 40.50 each which totaled to 1620. The TIV right now is 34.25 each. If I send in packs of 2 and get 68.50 per game + 30 credit that's 98.50.

So I would end up sending in 20 packs of 2. 98.50 - 81.00 = 17.50 per box I profit.

17.50 x 20 = 350.00 extra

I mean that's a lot of money but does it seem like a work. It would only take like 30-40 minutes to pack the boxes and put labels on and what not. Then a 10 minute drive to Post office. I'm just worried that I'm taking a risk with sending in 20 boxes (afraid it might get stolen or lost and I lose out)

Yeah I know the 30 extra is for gaming but I buy most my games off Amazon ever since I got ECA. I was just wondering if it'd be worth it or if it'd be too much work[/QUOTE]

Why stop at 40? If you bought 400 of them, you'd have $3500 extra. Now that's gangsta.

[quote name='wishfulthinker828']I think I'll be sending mine off tomorrow as well. Did you remove the preowned stickers? I doubt that they'll care much, as they probably have a ton of new ps3 game cases if they really want to swap everything out.[/QUOTE]

I went ahead and removed them--my local stores had a pretty good supply of copies of Infamous, so I was able to find a pair that had just been traded in this past week. I've found that the stickers come off pretty easily and cleanly if you get them within a week of being applied...

Now the wait begins for my credit.

[quote name='GuardianE']Like I said, I was told that my game was "damaged-cracked" and I have not received it yet. I'll report the findings when it arrives.[/QUOTE]

This doesn't apply to you, but a lot of other people who have reported that their shipments were rejected just suddenly poofed and never said anything again. No update on the condition of their games when they finally received them back or even IF they received them back.

Link927, thus far, has been the first one to give us all an update. And apparently, the 3rd party that Amazon uses, does a very half-assed job of checking discs, since 3 of Link927's that were marked as "Missing Disc", weren't.

Sent my games on 7/15 and today (7/22) I got an email that they were received and accepted. Shipped from Willard, MO just outside of Springfield, MO. Waiting on the 50% off coupon code then I will be pre-ordering CoD:WM2 Prestige Edition for 360.

$149.99
-$15 ECA
-$75 Coupon
-$51 Trade in Credit
=$8.99 out of pocket plus a $10 credit toward next video game purchase for pre-ordering MW2. So in the end it will make me $1.01...crazy good deal!!

Thanks GAGers!!!

I ordered Fallout 3 CE Edition for $60 with my credit.. I decided to save my 50% coupon for something that may catch my eye in the next few weeks.

i shipped my games from tampa fl on 7/9/09... its been 2 weeks and still no reply... should i be panicking.. could it have got lost or something even though i printed and attached the address clearly?

Doesn't it take at most 14 business days for a package to arrive? So if you're counting Sundays in your 2 weeks than you still have 2 days to go, but if you're not then I would be a little worried :/

[quote name='irfaan.hafeez']i shipped my games from tampa fl on 7/9/09... its been 2 weeks and still no reply... should i be panicking.. could it have got lost or something even though i printed and attached the address clearly?[/QUOTE]

Give it another week then panic?

I don't know if this helps at all, but one game for possible flipping that I saw in the Target Clearance area was Imagine Cheerleader for the DS which was 7.48, the trade in value now is $5.00; I know this wouldn't be at a profit but it was the best one I saw out of all the games they had. This was at the Southside Blvd location in Jacksonville, Fl today. They had 3 copies on the shelf.

Ok, so I know the other thread was closed, but I'm curious about the previous promotion Amazon had.

If I locked in my prices (received shipping label and everything) and I have one week to ship the items into Amazon from the end date (Sat. 25th - this coming saturday) do the items have to arrive by than or so I just have to have them shipped by than?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Ok, so I know the other thread was closed, but I'm curious about the previous promotion Amazon had.

If I locked in my prices (received shipping label and everything) and I have one week to ship the items into Amazon from the end date (Sat. 25th - this coming saturday) do the items have to arrive by than or so I just have to have them shipped by than?[/QUOTE]

I have yet to send mine yet, I am tomorrow. Took me a few more days to get a third box. From what I read about the deal, if you have a trade in made before the end of july 18th and mail it in before a week (postmarked) then you get the deal.

Thats what I'm doing, and I expect to get the deal.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']I got my 50% off coupon this morning around 2 a.m. mountain time... just wondering what I should use it on now.[/QUOTE]

something expensive you wouldn't buy unless you had that coupon.

Most are going for beatles rock band or Modern Warfare 2: CAll of Duty Prestige. Or some other over-extravagant thing.

Did anyone else get both the $75 off a console coupon and the 50% game/accessory coupon even though they only made one trade-in?

[quote name='bosskid30']Did anyone else get both the $75 off a console coupon and the 50% game/accessory coupon even though they only made one trade-in?[/QUOTE]

Others did; I didn't, but I will gladly take the $75 off a console coupon, if you don't want it.

Got my coupon code and it says at the end that "you must pay for any remaining balance on your order with a credit card". If I have enough store credit I can just use that right, it looks like others did that?

[quote name='J7.']
Got my coupon code and it says at the end that "you must pay for any remaining balance on your order with a credit card". If I have enough store credit I can just use that right, it looks like others did that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I did that.

[quote name='dualedge2']This doesn't apply to you, but a lot of other people who have reported that their shipments were rejected just suddenly poofed and never said anything again. No update on the condition of their games when they finally received them back or even IF they received them back.

Link927, thus far, has been the first one to give us all an update. And apparently, the 3rd party that Amazon uses, does a very half-assed job of checking discs, since 3 of Link927's that were marked as "Missing Disc", weren't.[/QUOTE]

I had a shipment of 2x Persona 4's rejected. At first I was very confusing because they said "Missing Disc" then I realized that both my copies that I ordered from Gamestop.com did not have the bonus dvd or whatever.

They were rejected on July 15th and then I received them in SoCal on July 20th. I did not notice any damage done to the games themselves, although the cases did look a bit rougher than I remember.

BTW I got to return the games to a local GS and was given cash for the refund... I guess they don't get many returns from gs.com. Oh well at least I got an even cashout for GS credit :D

damnit, I just realized that the return adresses aren't printed on the media mail papers. And I covered them with tape...

Gah, now I have to print new ones and retape my boxes.

Also, how are you guys attaching the media mail paper, just putting packing tape around the edges or what?

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']damnit, I just realized that the return adresses aren't printed on the media mail papers. And I covered them with tape...

Gah, now I have to print new ones and retape my boxes.

Also, how are you guys attaching the media mail paper, just putting packing tape around the edges or what?[/QUOTE]
Haha the joys of packaging. I filled out the paper and taped over the entire thing with clear tape.

[quote name='J7.']Haha the joys of packaging. I filled out the paper and taped over the entire thing with clear tape.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I taped over the whole thing with tape as well, regrettably. But why isn't the return address already on it. They know it, they printed it on the packing list. I guess I'm just mad because I f*cked up.

[quote name='J7.']Haha the joys of packaging. I filled out the paper and taped over the entire thing with clear tape.[/QUOTE]

i hate it when the packing tape gets stuck to the roll and you gotta pick it out. It starts tearing off in strips instead of whole :bomb:

God damnit, I sent my package out a week ago and still no updates! My post office wouldn't allow Delivery Confirmation and I didn't feel like going to another one. It left from Indiana so I'm starting to get worried since MA isn't that far away...

I got my rejected game back today. From the way it's cracked it's quite obvious they cracked it when they tried to rip it out of the case quickly. It's a pretty bad crack. Luckily they credited me for the game, but I still won't use their service ever again. It's ridiculous that they'd blame their mistake on me.

Am I supposed to get an e-mail stating that my account has been credited? I got an e-mail with a promo code, but nothing saying they got my games or they were accepted or anything.

On another note, I also can't log in to my account anymore....I KNOW my password is right, and their password recovery tool isn't being too friendly either...I wouldn't care really if I didn't have $50 worth of credit waiting for it now....

[quote name='jkanownik']I got my rejected game back today. From the way it's cracked it's quite obvious they cracked it when they tried to rip it out of the case quickly. It's a pretty bad crack. Luckily they credited me for the game, but I still won't use their service ever again. It's ridiculous that they'd blame their mistake on me.[/QUOTE]

THIS..

is why I took pictures of all my trades, covers, manuals, discs, and finished bubble wrapped packaging stuffed in a cardboard box and paid for delivery confirmation as well.;)

Let's see them just try and pull any crap like that with me. :lol:

[quote name='Xfactor4']THIS..

is why I took pictures of all my trades, covers, manuals, discs, and finished bubble wrapped packaging stuffed in a cardboard box and paid for delivery confirmation as well.;)

Let's see them just try and pull any crap like that with me. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Even if you do have the "proof", its nearly impossible to actually get in contact with them. When my games were rejected, at first I wished I took some sort of evidence, you'd think you could trust a site like Amazon. I tried calling Amazon, who then redirected me to the 3rd party, which was actually was a coments section. I never heard a reply from them, and I got my games back already. Maybe you'll have better luck, but I for one did not get any service from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back