CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
What does "Not currently available for trade-in" mean? I was browsing Amazon earlier this morning and the items I wanted to trade had trade-in values, but then tonight around 7PM I went back to lock in a trade-in value and it gave me the above quote...

help the first batch of cart only gba gbc games I sent in last week has been received the emails say so but when I log into my account the transaction still indicates not yet received I have not been credited for the games.

[quote name='CGH']help the first batch of cart only gba gbc games I sent in last week has been received the emails say so but when I log into my account the transaction still indicates not yet received I have not been credited for the games.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me yesterday: I got an email indicating my items were received, but online in my status it said they were not received. Later in the day the status updated as received and I got my credit.

I think it's just a glitch in their system, not likely something to worry about.

[quote name='bugeeker']This happened to me yesterday: I got an email indicating my items were received, but online in my status it said they were not received. Later in the day the status updated as received and I got my credit.

I think it's just a glitch in their system, not likely something to worry about.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today too. Got my "received and verified by the merchant" email with an attachment showing every trade-in I sent was "not yet received." Hope you're right that it's a glitch, first time I've seen that happen.

Has anyone who has used their trade-in credit to buy from third party sellers found that it takes longer for the seller to ship? I'm thinking that the credit transferring to the seller might take an extra day or two to clear. Are sellers even required to provide shipping info and date?

Trading in [ps3] Castlevania LoS for $39.

As a Castlevania fan I really wanted to like this game, but shaky camera + prone to motion sickness = f* you devs. I bought it from Amazon and it came with a $20 credit so I won't be losing anything on the trade-in.

-Update-
Trade-in accepted a few days ago, no problem.

My account was credited later in the day the only cart only gba game they rejected was mka the cart is beat up I had nothing to lose I will try sending it in again in the future I should be credited for batches two three four today or tomorrow.

[quote name='lilman']Trading in [ps3] Castlevania LoS for $39.

As a Castlevania fan I really wanted to like this game, but shaky camera + prone to motion sickness = f* you devs. I bought it from Amazon and it came with a $20 credit so I won't be losing anything on the trade-in.[/QUOTE]

Traded in my 360 version for $39 too.

I played through the first couple of chapters and was blown away by the game's graphics, sound design, score, voice acting, etc. Then like you said, frustration set in -- the camera, dead-ends I constantly ran into as far as what you're supposed to do, etc. really ticked me off. When you have to spend more time reading a faq about where to go than actually playing the game, that's enough for me...and I had the difficulty set to easy!

Just really unfortunate they didn't clean it up because there was a good game in there and certainly enough production values to make it worthwhile...but not as is.

So far I have submitted 3 sets of packages and everything has gone smooth except that wouldn't accept my Dune miniseries dvd. WTF, it was the exact match and in flawless condition, anyway to contact them about it before they ship it back?

Also I sent in Red Steel 2 along with other DVD's and I noticed after I had sent it in, Red Steel 2 trade in was cancelled. The price I locked in was at $12 and now it's 6.75. Can they do that even though I locked it in?

I mean $12 doesn't exactly scream error pricing.

Sometimes Amazon's trade-in values are screwy. I just went to the DotD page to see what was up today and at the bottom they have "Top Video Game Trade-ins".

They are giving $1 for Uncharted. Yeah, that's right: one dollar. That is one game that has held its value and there's no way it is worth as little as a $1 trade-in. I don't know what's up with that.

It's been a while since I traded in to Amazon/Noram, but I have a quick question. Are there usually any problems with games that have different UPCs because they're a store-exclusive version or whatever? I see Enslaved for the PS3 is worth $39 and I just finished it so I was going to send it in. But I bought mine from KMart (with the free comic book) which I heard has a different UPC than the normal version. Do you think Noram will give me a problem with that?

[quote name='BMXJouster']It's been a while since I traded in to Amazon/Noram, but I have a quick question. Are there usually any problems with games that have different UPCs because they're a store-exclusive version or whatever? I see Enslaved for the PS3 is worth $39 and I just finished it so I was going to send it in. But I bought mine from KMart (with the free comic book) which I heard has a different UPC than the normal version. Do you think Noram will give me a problem with that?[/QUOTE]

They've accepted them in the past for some games and rejected for others with no rhyme or reason. It's really hit or miss. So it's gonna be up to luck.

I mentioned this (that the common UPC is better to have) to SHC in the kmart thread but was ignored. /shrug

[quote name='BMXJouster']It's been a while since I traded in to Amazon/Noram, but I have a quick question. Are there usually any problems with games that have different UPCs because they're a store-exclusive version or whatever? I see Enslaved for the PS3 is worth $39 and I just finished it so I was going to send it in. But I bought mine from KMart (with the free comic book) which I heard has a different UPC than the normal version. Do you think Noram will give me a problem with that?[/QUOTE]

I have exactly the same problem. I just got my platinum on Enslaved and would love to send it in to Amazon for the $39, but 100% they will reject it based on the UPC being different. There's no maybe about it. I guess you could try, but I would expect it to get sent back. Who knows, though, they could always change their ways and start doing stuff that makes sense.

[quote name='io']I have exactly the same problem. I just got my platinum on Enslaved and would love to send it in to Amazon for the $39, but 100% they will reject it based on the UPC being different. There's no maybe about it. I guess you could try, but I would expect it to get sent back. Who knows, though, they could always change their ways and start doing stuff that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I had Riddick from TRU and Blur from BB - both got sent back. I took them to GS and got the same or more credit.

it's more like 99% io. Now the person sending it is has since been banned but he said his copy of blur (Best Buy UPC) was accepted by amazon.

Mine was rejected so who knows.

[quote name='confoosious']it's more like 99% io. Now the person sending it is has since been banned but he said his copy of blur (Best Buy UPC) was accepted by amazon.

Mine was rejected so who knows.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I remember that but I also remember most credible CAGs having them rejected ;).

[quote name='Bigandtasty']Has anyone tried sending in a game from a different region? I have a PAL 360 game (that works perfectly on an NTSC 360 obviously) that I just locked in the price for. Will they notice based on the difference between ESRB and PEGI ratings? Will they notice if I leave a note saying that it plays perfectly on NTSC 360s?

Of course, worst case scenario is that I send it in and get it sent back for free, but still would like to know if anyone has done this and the results from that.[/QUOTE]

Apologies for dredging up an old message but I thought it sort of applied to my situation as I finally got a dreaded "incorrect item" after a couple of tradeins with no hitches.

I sent in a Japanese Naruto game that just got rejected because they claimed it was the wrong region. Never mind that the actual Amazon description says it's the Japanese version in parentheses.:roll:

Did they think I should have sent in the English version even though the product description clearly states that it's in Japanese? NorAm is just being NorAm I suppose.

I just sent my first trade-in on Tuesday, they finally got it yesterday morning and have still yet to receive credit. I've normally not had to wait this long in the past. Grrrr. They better credit before BTTF and SvR ships Monday.

[quote name='io']I have exactly the same problem. I just got my platinum on Enslaved and would love to send it in to Amazon for the $39, but 100% they will reject it based on the UPC being different. There's no maybe about it. I guess you could try, but I would expect it to get sent back. Who knows, though, they could always change their ways and start doing stuff that makes sense.[/QUOTE]

Oh snap. My plan was to send in my Enslaved from Kmart, too. Argh.

Sorry, but what please is either the wrong or right (acceptable) PS3 Enslaved UPC? Or is there something extra printed on the cover of the unacceptable one?
I locked in at $39 and need to ship one we finished bought at GSs buy two get one last week...so I am not sure where is was purchased.

Thank you.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Oh snap. My plan was to send in my Enslaved from Kmart, too. Argh.[/QUOTE]

dammit. are they doing different UPCs for enslaved? I have the Bestbuy one which comes with a special costume. The UPC is 22674 21038. I don't have a regular UPC in front of me to compare.

I was looking at Bestbuys Castlevania LOS which comes with SOTN. It has the same UPC as the vanilla version.

I think if you type in the UPC into Amazon's search, you can find out if its one they will accept or not. I typed in my Kmart one and it was not found

Looks like it is 722674210355 for the 360 version. The Kmart version ends in 93 instead of 55.

I was just coming here to ask about this exact issue- I got a used enslaved (PS3) from GS B2G1, but it's the walmart version. Had a code for a costume. The UPC does not come up on Amazon at all (don't have it in front of me, so I can't say what it is right now).

I might try to find a scan and print that and insert it before shipping...

When have people been getting their credit deposited? In the past it I was getting my credit the same day, this one has been taking numerous days to credit. And now what II wanted to use my credit on is in the process of being shipped. :mad:

nice, got my $39 credit for both Halo Reach and NBA 2K11.

i only wish Call of duty: black ops still came with $20 pre order credit, oh well.

:O wow KingsofOldSchool, i usually have to wait until they get it+ a few days after to get my credit.

Takes time but meh gotta wait i guess.

Oh I am so pissed, evidently my Super Mario Galaxy 2 was "damaged" and is being sent back to me. It was my highest valued item AND I had just played the game the night before. Everything was in perfect condition. No reason was given other than it was damaged.

Currently on hold with Amazon as we speak.

Just sent in three of the Gradius Collection :psp: that I locked in at $15 each with printed covers and no manuals. If for some reason they accept this pile of hot mess I'll be duly impressed. If not, it was only $12 in gs credit so what the hey.

Just a recent turnaround experience to share. Shipped 25 games, took about a week to arrive, then only 3 days to inspect and receive FULL credit. No BS this time.

The "correct" enslaved PS3 UPC is 722674110327. I'm gonna try printing that on a sticker and putting it on (under the plastic) and see if they take it... first gotta play the last chapter tonight.

Well this sucks. Five games I traded in all made it through fine and within one day, but the sixth one was denied and is being returned because it's "Not For Re-Sale". It was the Guitar Hero 5 game that came bundled with the guitar. I didn't see a Not For Resale sign on the game case (which is usually stuck where the UPC is supposed to go, like my copy of MGS4 that came with my PS3), so I just assumed it was the same as the retail version.

Everything else was fine though, so I guess that's okay. I only missed out on $8 so I guess I'll just have to pawn this game off at either Gamestop or my local Disc Replay. It just sucks that they're being so damn anal about UPC codes.

[quote name='bmOptimus']Just a recent turnaround experience to share. Shipped 25 games, took about a week to arrive, then only 3 days to inspect and receive FULL credit. No BS this time.[/QUOTE]

I've sent in three boxes recently, and the two that have already arrived went the exact same way. Took about a week to get delivered, then about three days after it was delivered I finally got my credit. Third box is still in transit, but I'm expecting it'll go the same way. It'd be nice if it went a little faster (like not sitting around for three days after it arrives) but I can't complain considering I got all my credit so far.

I am considering trading in some games to Amazon for the first time. Have people been generally favorable towards Amazon for trade in values? Better, worse, or similar to my local Gamestop, Best Buy, etc?

[quote name='IOWABERG']I am considering trading in some games to Amazon for the first time. Have people been generally favorable towards Amazon for trade in values? Better, worse, or similar to my local Gamestop, Best Buy, etc?[/QUOTE]

I favor amazon over those stores for several reasons

Those stores generally charge MSRP
I don't get taxed
for the most part amazon TIVs are better
99cent release day delivery on big hits
oftentimes better pre-order bonuses
you can buy just about anything with the credit

You will still come out ahead even if amazon TIVs were the same as those other stores. The only problem is that NORAM processes trade-ins and have been very picky..even wrong.

[quote name='IOWABERG']I am considering trading in some games to Amazon for the first time. Have people been generally favorable towards Amazon for trade in values? Better, worse, or similar to my local Gamestop, Best Buy, etc?[/QUOTE]

I've also always been a fan of amazon over anything else...they usually have the best values, and they pay for shipping (minus the box). Plus you can use the credit for anything amazon sells...the only time I would consider gamestop is if they are running a decent trade-in promotion.

Use the 'trade-in values' feature here to figure out your best move

I have a question. I printed out the shipping thing to get the address, I realized it was ground shipping, I disliked that and I decided to buy 2nd day shipping to get it there by monday. I went to track it, and the package still says that it has the other tracking number(on amazon.com). I made sure that they packaged the slip that I printed out for shipping along with the information slip (the slip with the names of the games on it).

My question is, will they still accept it? will I have to track it by UPS(not amazon.com), or did I mess it up?

your help is greatly appreciated.:beer:

Had my first problem with amazon - they shipped back a copy of call of duty 4 that doesn't even look like the one I sent in. I'm pretty sure the one I sent in wasn't the game of the year edition, this one has a case that's cracked almost in half, and the disc has so many scratches on it it wouldn't ever have worked.

Pisses me off, but I guess you just get fucked by amazon sometimes. Just like their marketplace.

[quote name='jer7583']Had my first problem with amazon - they shipped back a copy of call of duty 4 that doesn't even look like the one I sent in. I'm pretty sure the one I sent in wasn't the game of the year edition, this one has a case that's cracked almost in half, and the disc has so many scratches on it it wouldn't ever have worked.

Pisses me off, but I guess you just get fucked by amazon sometimes. Just like their marketplace.[/QUOTE]

Call their customer service.

for fable 3 collector's edition trade-in, will they accept it if i keep the 2 dlc code (actual card)? anyone try keeping the dlc and trading everything back and got the credit?

[quote name='jer7583']Had my first problem with amazon - they shipped back a copy of call of duty 4 that doesn't even look like the one I sent in. I'm pretty sure the one I sent in wasn't the game of the year edition, this one has a case that's cracked almost in half, and the disc has so many scratches on it it wouldn't ever have worked.

Pisses me off, but I guess you just get fucked by amazon sometimes. Just like their marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is getting fucked by NorAm, not necessarily Amazon. I'd call amazon as many times as I needed to in order to make things right.

[quote name='MacmanusBrother']I have a question. I printed out the shipping thing to get the address, I realized it was ground shipping, I disliked that and I decided to buy 2nd day shipping to get it there by monday. I went to track it, and the package still says that it has the other tracking number(on amazon.com). I made sure that they packaged the slip that I printed out for shipping along with the information slip (the slip with the names of the games on it).

My question is, will they still accept it? will I have to track it by UPS(not amazon.com), or did I mess it up?

your help is greatly appreciated.:beer:[/QUOTE]

Can someone help me please?

[quote name='MacmanusBrother']Can someone help me please?[/QUOTE]

Well, Amazon is not going to know a thing about your new shipping label. Of course they will still have the one they generated and expected you to use in their system.

You will just have to track it via the receipt you got from UPS. It should still be accepted no problem - I'm just not sure how you expected the tracking info (before delivery, especially) to show up on Amazon's trade-in site when you went and used a different method ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back