CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='neonglow']I just sent a complete single disc game to Amazon but they marked it a missing disc. When I got the shipment back, all I got was the case and manual without the game disc. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

I think I may be finished with trying to trade games into Amazon.[/QUOTE]

i heard of this happening before.. i think by toss.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']http://www.amazon.com/PSP-God-War-S...8&s=videogames-tradein&qid=1303867917&sr=1-92

Who wants to trade in their God of War PSP bundle for a quarter![/QUOTE]

Even funnier is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Limited Edition for PS3 gets $51.25, but if you have the clearly inferior 360 version (kidding!) it only gets $0.25. I mean, it must be inferior with that spread, right?

I'm actually tempted to send mine in. I just opened the copy I got from Best Buy and as I've heard before, it did not come with the DLC maps code. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me they had no replacements but I could buy the new DLC which comes with that stuff, too, apparently. Bastards... Anyway, so I'm guessing all they'd want is the game and the jack-in-the-box. That is somewhat tempting...

Still, that's pretty crappy of Ubisoft to not do anything about a missing item from one of their products. I mean, what if I bought a TV and it wasn't in the box and the company told me, sorry, there's no replacements available but if I buy a new TV it will have all the same functionality!

Also, I decided, ultimately, not to send in my Elite for $186. I'll probably regret that the moment it dies (which is sure to be soon now that I passed that up) but the potential headache of having it sent back broken just wasn't worth it. Plus, as I said before, my son still uses it so I might as well stick with it for now - let him abuse that one instead of a new one I'd have to buy to replace it anyway.

[quote name='neonglow']I just sent a complete single disc game to Amazon but they marked it a missing disc. When I got the shipment back, all I got was the case and manual without the game disc. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

I think I may be finished with trying to trade games into Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Yup...twice recently (six games at once..really!). Call amazon, they'll straighten it out. I sent in two halo reach legendary edition and made a video of it. I need to post that to youtube before they receive it and try to pull something lol. Yeah it's sad I find it amusing now. NORscAM doesn't suprise me anymore and amazon has fixed every problem (not without some effort on my part though).

Borderlands GOTY (PS3) has a trade in value of $25.00 currently.

Great deal for those who picked this up for $19.99 recently.

i didnt see the question/answer in the first post, but what would be needed to for system trade in? im looking to trade in my wii cause i couldnt sell it for 80 so might as well get 75$ at amazon. if it requires controllers im sol cause i dont have any xD

[quote name='io']Even funnier is Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Limited Edition for PS3 gets $51.25, but if you have the clearly inferior 360 version (kidding!) it only gets $0.25. I mean, it must be inferior with that spread, right?

I'm actually tempted to send mine in. I just opened the copy I got from Best Buy and as I've heard before, it did not come with the DLC maps code. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me they had no replacements but I could buy the new DLC which comes with that stuff, too, apparently. Bastards... Anyway, so I'm guessing all they'd want is the game and the jack-in-the-box. That is somewhat tempting...

Still, that's pretty crappy of Ubisoft to not do anything about a missing item from one of their products. I mean, what if I bought a TV and it wasn't in the box and the company told me, sorry, there's no replacements available but if I buy a new TV it will have all the same functionality!

Also, I decided, ultimately, not to send in my Elite for $186. I'll probably regret that the moment it dies (which is sure to be soon now that I passed that up) but the potential headache of having it sent back broken just wasn't worth it. Plus, as I said before, my son still uses it so I might as well stick with it for now - let him abuse that one instead of a new one I'd have to buy to replace it anyway.[/QUOTE]
That's FUBIsoft for you!

[quote name='aots16']i didnt see the question/answer in the first post, but what would be needed to for system trade in? im looking to trade in my wii cause i couldnt sell it for 80 so might as well get 75$ at amazon. if it requires controllers im sol cause i dont have any xD[/QUOTE]

just think about what you just said.

Question: I am going to trade in Vanquish, but the back of the box/coverart has a small gash almost puncture in it. It is smaller than a dime in cirumference. Any ideas if NorAm will even consider keeping it and not rejecting it? Anyone have anything similar that they traded in? And was it accepted?

Thanks

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Orange Box (PS3) has a staggering 27 dollar trade in!!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, what's the deal this that? It was $20.50 not 2 days ago and I was considering trading it in. Why would it be $27 now?

many people played Portal 2 w/o playing Portal, liked it, and went searching for a copy of Portal to buy = Amazon sellers commence w/ gauging.

[quote name='wrencrest']Question: I am going to trade in Vanquish, but the back of the box/coverart has a small gash almost puncture in it. It is smaller than a dime in cirumference. Any ideas if NorAm will even consider keeping it and not rejecting it? Anyone have anything similar that they traded in? And was it accepted?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet that they might accept it for reduced value.

For all you people asking about what is needed when trading in systems, it's been posted dozens of times in this thread as well as on Amazon's site itself. Do your own legwork.

[quote name='ral1121']just think about what you just said.[/QUOTE]

yea i was asking what they require for system trade ins. cause gamestop requires a controller with system trade ins which is why i cant trade it in there because i dont have any wii controllers. ?? what part of that wasnt clear?

So I was thinking about trading in my red wii but I lost the wii, only have the controller. You think they'll take it?

(I do have the box and manual, fwiw.)

[quote name='confoosious']So I was thinking about trading in my red wii but I lost the wii, only have the controller. You think they'll take it?

(I do have the box and manual, fwiw.)[/QUOTE]
Sure. It's on their list of secret triple value trades.:D

[quote name='confoosious']So I was thinking about trading in my red wii but I lost the wii, only have the controller. You think they'll take it?

(I do have the box and manual, fwiw.)[/QUOTE]

I think they will; they may take off about $10-15 for not having the Wii but if you complain enough to CS they may only take off $5. Good luck! :applause:

oh no. The trade-in value for NSMB DS dropped from $24 to $19 overnight. :(
Do you think they'll raise the value again, or should I just trade it in now?

[quote name='cheapkevin']oh no. The trade-in value for NSMB DS dropped from $24 to $19 overnight. :(
Do you think they'll raise the value again, or should I just trade it in now?[/QUOTE]

One sec, let me check my crystal ball. Jk but yeah the prices fluctuate like crazy. $25 was the highest it's been in a year, with 16-19 being average.

Nice, got close to $30 for trading in the old Sony UMD case that holds 8 games. Now I can go buy the new, improved version for $9.99. :cool:

I locked in orange box for 27, but it seems like it's rare. I can't find it anywhere else new or cheaper used, so i might just keep this one ;)

Want to trade in the Xbox 360 Pro 20GB Refurb (can't post links...) into Amazon as well as a few games.

The deal is good for $102 but I've never traded in to Amazon but I've been reading up on this thread for a while and done some research but it doesn't sound too good. I sent them an e-mail asking what exactly I'd need to send in and I have it (can post everything if anybody needs it) but I still feel I'll get rejected or screwed over like a majority of people that I've read from here. I just need to upgrade to a Slim 4GB at least and buy a 3rd party HDD/16GB flash drive with it before this 20GB Pro goes out on me, since it won't allow me play any GoW at all which is mainly what I'm going to be playing at the moment yet other games like NBA 2K11 are fine for extended periods some reason. It works great but still I just know I need to take advantage of this trade-in before something happens since I have no warranty. Some credit to help pay for one would be really nice but Amazon's system sounds tricky and shady by y'all's feedback that I've read but there's not a better deal out there. Along with the console+the necessities, wired controller, white Xbox 360 wireless adapter, Black Ops, Reach, Madden 10, and MW2, it comes out to $188 in credit which would really help and I'd just wait for another +$50 Amazon credit again for it to get the best value. but just by the feedback in here I'm skeptical as hell with the whole trade-in process....all the games have the case and manuals in good condition or better. I've put some thought into this so any others thoughts would be much appreciated, solely Amazon trade-in related for the most part.

[quote name='aem']Nice, got close to $30 for trading in the old Sony UMD case that holds 8 games. Now I can go buy the new, improved version for $9.99. :cool:[/QUOTE]

I bought these from GS and sent them off to Amazon. Where did you get your cases from? I noticed my UPC's on the box didn't match though

[quote name='MC Kage']Want to trade in the Xbox 360 Pro 20GB Refurb (can't post links...) into Amazon as well as a few games.

The deal is good for $102 but I've never traded in to Amazon but I've been reading up on this thread for a while and done some research but it doesn't sound too good. I sent them an e-mail asking what exactly I'd need to send in and I have it (can post everything if anybody needs it) but I still feel I'll get rejected or screwed over like a majority of people that I've read from here. I just need to upgrade to a Slim 4GB at least and buy a 3rd party HDD/16GB flash drive with it before this 20GB Pro goes out on me, since it won't allow me play any GoW at all which is mainly what I'm going to be playing at the moment yet other games like NBA 2K11 are fine for extended periods some reason. It works great but still I just know I need to take advantage of this trade-in before something happens since I have no warranty. Some credit to help pay for one would be really nice but Amazon's system sounds tricky and shady by y'all's feedback that I've read but there's not a better deal out there. Along with the console+the necessities, wired controller, white Xbox 360 wireless adapter, Black Ops, Reach, Madden 10, and MW2, it comes out to $188 in credit which would really help and I'd just wait for another +$50 Amazon credit again for it to get the best value. but just by the feedback in here I'm skeptical as hell with the whole trade-in process....all the games have the case and manuals in good condition or better. I've put some thought into this so any others thoughts would be much appreciated, solely Amazon trade-in related for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Justr try it out. You have nothing to lose. My Xbox was rejected and came back somewhat different, as in it still works, but the disc drive wont open up, only when it wants to. I managed to get the TIV and 10 dollars more. So it wasn't that bad. If something goes wrong, like my case, you have a pretty good chance of getting something in return from amazon. Games I have had no problems with, ever. The harder part is consoles and stuff like that, but sending in your games will have a lower chance of something going wrong. Also, send in your console and games separate. It might be wiser if Just in case they reject your console, they might want to reject your games as well. That's what happened to me. Give it a go.

[quote name='Velo214']I locked in orange box for 27, but it seems like it's rare. I can't find it anywhere else new or cheaper used, so i might just keep this one ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna hang onto my copy because the only game on the disc I've gotten around to beating is Portal...

Just have the biggest bs in amazon trade in, I was about to lock in Call of duty black ops wii and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for ps3 for 25 credit each and when i actually click the button, black ops show up as 20.50 and wwe show up as 16 dollar instead...

[quote name='Donut2922']I bought these from GS and sent them off to Amazon. Where did you get your cases from? I noticed my UPC's on the box didn't match though[/QUOTE]

If you just bought these now I highly doubt it is the correct one. I got the one I had a long time ago and it is definitely the one they were offering the high TIV for. I just sent in the case itself.

As I mentioned there is a new version of the case that sells for $9.99. The older one held on a bit too tight to the discs which is probably why they revised the design.

I know GameStop sells their own UMD holder that is similar but not the same as these. If you sent in the new non-Gamestop version maybe you'll get lucky and they will accept them anyway.

[quote name='Velo214']I locked in orange box for 27, but it seems like it's rare. I can't find it anywhere else new or cheaper used, so i might just keep this one ;)[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking that the boost in Orange Box TIV is related to Portal 2 being released and people looking for the original to play again or for the first time. I suspect that the used price for it will fall again in a couple of months, so I locked in the $27 TIV. (Note: its back down to 20.25 today).

Anyway, even if I can't find it cheap again in a few months I could always buy the 360 version which seems less in demand.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Just have the biggest bs in amazon trade in, I was about to lock in Call of duty black ops wii and WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for ps3 for 25 credit each and when i actually click the button, black ops show up as 20.50 and wwe show up as 16 dollar instead...[/QUOTE]

How long did you wait?

The trade in value is not locked in until you submit them, just adding them to your trade in queue does not lock a value in. Seems like bad luck more than anything

I'll give you $27.50 for it ;]

If the shipping deadline for my game is tomorrow (Saturday) and I take it to the UPS store on Saturday would that be okay or not? Because chances are they won't scan or move it until Monday I think.

[quote name='scarhawk']If the shipping deadline for my game is tomorrow (Saturday) and I take it to the UPS store on Saturday would that be okay or not? Because chances are they won't scan or move it until Monday I think.[/QUOTE]

when you drop it off they scan it so you should be fine

I never wanted to get the orange box, but all this talk about it having the original portal makes me want to try and find it. I forgot it included the game and since the port of Half Life sucks so bad I never really thought about getting it before. TIV or not I think I will keep looking.

sent in my psp 3000 holiday bundle today, haha its $55 trade in right now and i locked it in for $105 last week, hmmmmmmmdoesn't look too good

I'll hope for the best B^)

[quote name='Plasmolyze']when you drop it off they scan it so you should be fine[/QUOTE]Does it matter if it's a UPS Store and not the actual UPS? This store is more like a franchised one. It transports the stuff to the UPS at the airport, but no way I'm driving all the way to the airport to drop a game off lol.

[quote name='scarhawk']Does it matter if it's a UPS Store and not the actual UPS? This store is more like a franchised one. It transports the stuff to the UPS at the airport, but no way I'm driving all the way to the airport to drop a game off lol.[/QUOTE]
If they're just a drop off point, it won't get scanned until after they drop it off AND ups scans the items in bulk. Basically, crap shoot if it gets scanned by the time the deadline. Especially with it being a Saturday.

[quote name='theking20']sent in my psp 3000 holiday bundle today, haha its $55 trade in right now and i locked it in for $105 last week, hmmmmmmmdoesn't look too good

I'll hope for the best B^)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for that "Lost" spoiler on your sig. I've never seen that scene before......I'm at Season 3.

[quote name='aem']If you just bought these now I highly doubt it is the correct one. I got the one I had a long time ago and it is definitely the one they were offering the high TIV for. I just sent in the case itself.

As I mentioned there is a new version of the case that sells for $9.99. The older one held on a bit too tight to the discs which is probably why they revised the design.

I know GameStop sells their own UMD holder that is similar but not the same as these. If you sent in the new non-Gamestop version maybe you'll get lucky and they will accept them anyway.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I figured they were different with the whole UPC issue. I'll find out in a week or so.

Man, I can't believe how many of my packages UPS has lost at Chelmsford, MA.

I traded 4 games in (in separate packages) back in February, all 4 got lost. I just traded two more games in, one package made it, and the last one is lost again! So UPS lost 5 out of the last 6 packages in Chelmsford, MA...

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Man, I can't believe how many of my packages UPS has lost at Chelmsford, MA.

I traded 4 games in (in separate packages) back in February, all 4 got lost. I just traded two more games in, one package made it, and the last one is lost again! So UPS lost 5 out of the last 6 packages in Chelmsford, MA...[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone in Chemsford, MA has figured out that people are sending in games, much like what happened with the post office worker and gamefly. Or it is just total coincidence. 5/6 games lost is pretty insane though.

[quote name='ZildjianKX']Man, I can't believe how many of my packages UPS has lost at Chelmsford, MA.

I traded 4 games in (in separate packages) back in February, all 4 got lost. I just traded two more games in, one package made it, and the last one is lost again! So UPS lost 5 out of the last 6 packages in Chelmsford, MA...[/QUOTE]

Were they all single games in the small sized single game bubble mailer?

[quote name='Xellos2099']Anyone try sending stuff to Noarm with those game folding brown box from amazon?[/QUOTE]

I've done it with no issues.

I always use either those or amazon boxes, never bubble mailers.

I've never had an issue with a bubble mailer. Someone mentioned that all of those get tossed into a big sack for delivery (UPS) so it's actually pretty safe. It's the smaller-medium size boxes that tend to get lost in the mix and squashed. Somehow that makes sense to me so I either use a bubble mailer for a single game (never had a problem) or a big ass box for multiple games.

[quote name='confoosious']I've never had an issue with a bubble mailer. Someone mentioned that all of those get tossed into a big sack for delivery (UPS) so it's actually pretty safe. It's the smaller-medium size boxes that tend to get lost in the mix and squashed. Somehow that makes sense to me so I either use a bubble mailer for a single game (never had a problem) or a big ass box for multiple games.[/QUOTE]

I actually used a big ass bubble mailer for 7 games. it went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back