CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrike - definitely worth a shot if you already had one.

[quote name='could have won']I just read through the T&C, the help page, and the other page that they said applies, and the only thing I would think that would apply would be the "we can change the terms and conditions at any time part," as previously pointed out. However, this doesn't mean they can change the T&C for one person or group of persons. It has to be across the board. I do not have any exact legal justification for claiming such, but based on the way I understand the law (law in general, not any specifically) that would seem to apply.

Honestly, I think there are more than just legal ramifications. I don't think they want to upset customers that much, and honestly since they're probably selling these things at more than 50% markup I think they would give in more readily than with something like a $150 Intercooler or something.

Just my two cents, and as you can see I have gone to great pains to ensure that they accept it. If anything else goes wrong, I can simply sell it on Craigslist for what I paid for it and wash my hands of the thing. I do the same thing when I sell expensive items on the Marketplace too.[/QUOTE]

I suspect their legal terms are iron clad. And based on the reports in this thread they really don't care about pissing off customers.

Also they're not gonna be selling these phats at any markup. More like a 75% loss.

[quote name='confoosious']Shrike - definitely worth a shot if you already had one.

I suspect their legal terms are iron clad. And based on the reports in this thread they really don't care about pissing off customers.

Also they're not gonna be selling these phats at any markup. More like a 75% loss.[/QUOTE]I did have one and thought it worth the attempt, at least.

I think the TIV at $200 was triggered when one seller had a fat PS2 for sale on Amazon for $1499. Once that disappeared, the TIV dropped down to $25. It's in the screen cap of the item page showing the $200 TIV I made before shipping off the PS2.

My how times have changed. It wasn't that long ago when people were ripping on others for trying to send in games/systems for clearly glitched values.

I distinctly remember people ragging on me for expecting them to fully credit my :wii:F1 2009 and :360:Lips Party Classics for $90 and $30 respectively.

In the end, Amazon DID give me a promotional credit for the $120 AND I got the games back from them. So if those of you taking the chance on the $200 tiv are feeling lucky you could always just bitch at Amazon about the glitched tiv and maybe you'll get the same compensation.

[quote name='confoosious']Getting amazon to give you credit is not the same as getting credited for your trade in.[/QUOTE]

Newp. Amazon foots the bill for NorAms failures. Honestly I'm not sure why...

[quote name='confoosious']Getting amazon to give you credit is not the same as getting credited for your trade in.[/QUOTE]
But if that's the only way to get credit after the likely rejections of these PS2 systems, then folks may want to look into it if they're dead set on getting the credit.

Only problem with the promo credits they hand out is you can't buy stuff from the Warehouse Deals site, even though it's the same fuckin' company and just a different division.:roll:
[quote name='fujimitsu']Newp. Amazon foots the bill for NorAms failures. Honestly I'm not sure why...[/QUOTE]
Even though NorAm's info still comes up as a wholly seperate entity, I have a feeling that Amazon may own a portion of them. Otherwise I don't see why they are giving out credits of any kind for NorAm's rejected trades either.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
Even though NorAm's info still comes up as a wholly seperate entity, I have a feeling that Amazon may own a portion of them. Otherwise I don't see why they are giving out credits of any kind for NorAm's rejected trades either.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they have some sort of agreement where norAm feels the pain of these refunds. But even if they're totally owned by amazon they're distinct at some level, and it's never good practice to have all these random charges between the two entities.

Oh no doubt. For those who are interested in a more direct line of communication to NorAm though, might I suggest contacting them at the phone number(toll call) listed in this listing on this site.

[quote name='shrike4242']I don't think your lack of participation will do much for those of us doing the Hail Mary on this one.[/QUOTE]

Oh, but you are wrong. On ones I decided to jump on (eg, Let's Draw) they get nearly uniformly rejected, and on all the ones I pass on (eg, that cooler thingie, UMD cases, many others) they go through no problem.

[quote name='io']Oh, but you are wrong. On ones I decided to jump on (eg, Let's Draw) they get nearly uniformly rejected, and on all the ones I pass on (eg, that cooler thingie, UMD cases, many others) they go through no problem.[/QUOTE]
Did you take part in the Lips Party Classics one?:bomb: That one was weird, since some other folks on CAG got in on it and got the full $30 value for the game and when mine arrived at NorAm I received a big ol' rejection notice. Yet mine was mint/complete.:whistle2:#

should I be worried the warehouse I sent my two games and a book got the package on May 3rd. Its now been 10 days and still nothing. :drool:

[quote name='Plasmolyze']should I be worried the warehouse I sent my two games and a book got the package on May 3rd. Its now been 10 days and still nothing. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I dunno :drool:

[quote name='akuma77']Who would have a ps2 box in 2011 o.0.[/QUOTE]

I do. I also have my original NES system and box from 1988.

Shrike & Pooky - what did you include when you shipped it? Instruction Manual? Did the PS2 come with a memory card?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a PS2 fat off CL for $30, with original box as well. I'm not too worried. At worst, I'll just trade it in for the $25 Amazon is offering right now. I might even get like a $10 credit for the trouble if they reject it.

[quote name='Plasmolyze']should I be worried the warehouse I sent my two games and a book got the package on May 3rd. Its now been 10 days and still nothing. :drool:[/QUOTE]

I would be worried, it doesn't usually take that long. Does it say it's delivered?

[quote name='cheeky']I dunno :drool:[/QUOTE]

Really helpful there...

Good luck to the ps2 fat senders. I only had a silver slim one in the house.

[quote name='Pookymeister']I might want that screencap Shrike, depending on how things go....shipped mine out today. =][/QUOTE]It's a print of the web page in PDF format, so if you need it, let me know.

[quote name='io']Oh, but you are wrong. On ones I decided to jump on (eg, Let's Draw) they get nearly uniformly rejected, and on all the ones I pass on (eg, that cooler thingie, UMD cases, many others) they go through no problem.[/QUOTE]Well, if that's the case, I appreciate you staying out of this one. ;)

[quote name='akuma77']anyone know if you can ship the ps2 without the original box? Who would have a ps2 box in 2011 o.0.[/QUOTE]I didn't have my original box for the fat PS2, just the one for the slim that I have as its in-use replacement.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I do. I also have my original NES from 1988.

Shrike & Pooky - what did you include when you shipped it? Instruction Manual? Did the PS2 come with a memory card?[/QUOTE]System, AC cord, wired DualShock 2 and composite AV cord is what mine came with. No manual, as I don't have that any longer. No memory card, though as YoshiFan1 pointed out, that wasn't included in the box.

[quote name='jer7583']Good luck to the ps2 fat senders. I only had a silver slim one in the house.[/QUOTE]I know it's a hail mary play, though we'll see what happens.

Well, I dropped off my PS2 this morning at the UPS store. Unfortunately, no Saturday pick up, so it won't go out until Monday. I was able to find the original box, instruction manual, video cable, power cable and wired Sony PS2 controller. Also tested it to make sure it worked. I hope if they don't accept it that they return it. I would rather keep it than get $25 TIV.

[quote name='Toss']Lost 2 more trade ins in the video game black hole known as Chelmsford MA. UPS has got to know about this already!??[/QUOTE]

If it's constantly happening, it seems like theft. Did you report it to UPS and Amazon? And you should also have all of the proof via tracking numbers.

[quote name='Trance Addix']If it's constantly happening, it seems like theft. Did you report it to UPS and Amazon? And you should also have all of the proof via tracking numbers.[/QUOTE]

cant remember if its been him, butg someone ALWAYS looses there stuff in that same city

[quote name='Trance Addix']You guys should collectively report this to UPS. The proof seems abundant and something will be done most likely.[/QUOTE]

UPS processes millions of packages a day. I don't think they really care about a few packages. If it was above their threshold of acceptable, I'm sure it'd have been addressed already or will be addressed regardless of who calls in.

By the way, if it gets lost, isn't that an easy claim to amazon? That to me seems like a slam dunk. It's not a matter of whether you disagree with NorAm about the condition of your item. It's lost. That's what UPS insurance is for. They should pay up.

It is a slam dunk with Amazon. Personally, I'd hate for some employee at UPS to get away with theft. As you said, they do process millions of packages a day and that is exactly why it might be easy to get under the radar. Is it a huge burden to the Amazon end-users? No. Given that, employees shouldn't be able to get away with it - no matter how insignificant the theft is.

Maybe I'm just vindictive when it comes to this issue, but that is my stance. In the end Amazon will clean up and give the credit, but that shouldn't continue forever.

If you were a UPS employee stealing stuff, would you steal stuff going to NorAm, which you don't know is a textbook or a game or a dvd? Or would you steal something with an actual declared value of a few hundred bucks?

I'd say packages sent to NorAm are sent in bulk and thus it's easier to make a few "disappear". Packages with high values are usually monitored by the shipper more closely. This is all speculation, but it does appear logical.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I'd say packages sent to NorAm are sent in bulk and thus it's easier to make a few "disappear". Packages with high values are usually monitored by the shipper more closely. This is all speculation, but it does appear logical.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's possible NorAM gets their own bin/room/whatever and it's easier to make one disappear.

I dunno, if i were a thief, I'd go for the bigger stuff.

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, it's possible NorAM gets their own bin/room/whatever and it's easier to make one disappear.

I dunno, if i were a thief, I'd go for the bigger stuff.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live, anyways?

Amazon doesn't care. UPS cuts them a $x check a year for all these lost packages so the real people out are the companies that are being stolen from, i.e. UPS.

However it would suck if your package gets stolen and some joe-shmoe is either a) playing with it or b) flipping it themselves.

my ps2 is in transit and no update status for 2 days. i guess cuz UPS doesnt do stuff on weekends?

anyways if i get my $200 im gonna be one happy camper.

[quote name='Toss']Lost 2 more trade ins in the video game black hole known as Chelmsford MA. UPS has got to know about this already!??[/QUOTE]

My trade-in is currently in the same location. I believe this is cause for concern!

Bah, picked up two PS2s on craigslist and as I figured they were bad. I usually don't buy systems through craigslist because multiple systems I've bought off craigslist have turned out to have problems.

At least I only paid $10 each for them and should be able to get that back without much trouble if I sell them for parts on eBay. One system actually seems to work fine except the disc drive has trouble opening. Sometimes it stutters a bit coming out and sometimes it doesn't open at all. Maybe if I'm lucky I there is something I can do to fix it without opening it up.

The other one I never would have bought just by getting a good look at it. But it was raining and these were cheap so I didn't take it out of the plastic bag he had it in. The warranty seal is missing along with the covers that go over the screws so it clearly has been messed with. Also one small part at one of the controller ports is missing. The system does not power on at all.

The worst part is I figured I'd at least get an expansion slot cover which would allow me to send my own PS2 in (has a network adapter and I don't have the cover). But turns out the warranty sticker is missing. Maybe I opened it up at some point to clean it out. Ugh.

[quote name='StrikerTek']So...I'm new to this site and to this whole amazon trade-in thing, but is anybody going for the $200 fat ps2 trade-in? Is that a legitimate tiv? I literally just sold my fat ps2 today for $40 and then saw this on amazon. It won't let me link to it since I'm new, but it's at the top of the tiv tracker now.[/QUOTE]

Here it is and it's not still active. Was only around for about an hour. Someone said it may have been due to a mispriced PS2 fat on sale for some exorbitant price but I can't believe it works that way or else you could just game the shit out of the trade in system.

[quote name='Brenex']Here it is and it's not still active. Was only around for about an hour. Someone said it may have been due to a mispriced PS2 fat on sale for some exorbitant price but I can't believe it works that way or else you could just game the shit out of the trade in system.[/QUOTE]

it was on sale at Amazon Warehouse deals for Approx. $1500

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah, it's possible NorAM gets their own bin/room/whatever and it's easier to make one disappear.

I dunno, if i were a thief, I'd go for the bigger stuff.[/QUOTE]

If they are just like 1 game in a bubble mailer, it might be easy to see that it's a game and just stuff something like that somewhere and take it home. Seems like a bad move, though, since you risk getting caught for maybe stealing some guys' copy of a 2.50 trade in. Seems weird.

Also, I've basically been getting 10-25% off of every Amazon shipment for the last 2 years, because the guy that loads the truck going to Downtown STL apparently is an angry wolverine that destroys boxes. Periodically I get calls from "investigators" at UPS saying that they are going to look into this and fix it, but nothing ever happens. I just think that Amazon doesn't care about most of these kinds of losses (I've no idea why they would not care, since it probably adds up to more money that I'll ever see in my lifetime).

Interesting new twist to the UPS issues... I had a trade go missing in Chelmsford 2 months back and UPS support was useless. They told me the shipper had to file a claim, and that I needed to contact Noram. Then, I had another package hung up in Chelmsford last Thursday and when I called they told me the UPS Account is not Noram, but Amazon. Looks like Amazon is trying to exercise their muscle over UPS. Maybe they will investigate. There must be a thief at the UPS facility or something. There is no way so many packages could be lost just be what we are reporting here.

[quote name='jlgamer1982']Interesting new twist to the UPS issues... I had a trade go missing in Chelmsford 2 months back and UPS support was useless. They told me the shipper had to file a claim, and that I needed to contact Noram. Then, I had another package hung up in Chelmsford last Thursday and when I called they told me the UPS Account is not Noram, but Amazon. Looks like Amazon is trying to exercise their muscle over UPS. Maybe they will investigate. There must be a thief at the UPS facility or something. There is no way so many packages could be lost just be what we are reporting here.[/QUOTE]
My trade in went here too and I'm sure it's lost. If there is a thief at the ups facility then how can the packages say on the track and confirm site that the package is delivered?

[quote name='Plasmolyze']My trade in went here too and I'm sure it's lost. If there is a thief at the ups facility then how can the packages say on the track and confirm site that the package is delivered?[/QUOTE]

My only guess is they mark the packages as delivered at UPS before they deliver them to Noram.

[quote name='Brenex']Here it is and it's not still active. Was only around for about an hour. Someone said it may have been due to a mispriced PS2 fat on sale for some exorbitant price but I can't believe it works that way or else you could just game the shit out of the trade in system.[/QUOTE]

Wow I should check this thread. I have 4 or 5 PS2 fats laying around. :bomb:

Man that sucks, It sounds like he is being specifically targeted. Trades have name and address of sender so once someone knows what kind of stuff is being sent they may keep taking it.

My stuff always goes through there and i have not experienced the problem. There are times where packages disappear for days and on several occasions i never get tracking updates. It still isn't cause for paranoia. Keep calm peoples :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back