CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='skateraXVIII']In the OP it says that shipping is free, is it sorta handled like the BB trade in program? Sorry for asking, this would be my first time using amazon trade-in service.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but it's via UPS.

[quote name='BG1989']Me too, I'm usually a pretty patient person... But I find myself constantly refreshing my trade in account page lol[/QUOTE]

Haha, same here. I'm low on money waiting for my first paycheck back from school so it's like every 5 minutes I'm hitting refresh. The trade in center is only 45 minutes from my house, I wanted to just bring it there and say here ya go, now give me my credit! haha

[quote name='redsox721']Haha, same here. I'm low on money waiting for my first paycheck back from school so it's like every 5 minutes I'm hitting refresh. The trade in center is only 45 minutes from my house, I wanted to just bring it there and say here ya go, now give me my credit! haha[/QUOTE]

That would be awesome, we could all just mail our stuff to you lol... I know how that is with the money situation, I am trading in some stuff so I can get Red Dead Redemption lol

[quote name='BG1989']That would be awesome, we could all just mail our stuff to you lol... I know how that is with the money situation, I am trading in some stuff so I can get Red Dead Redemption lol[/QUOTE]
Debating between that and UFC. I know UFC has a bunch of flaws but I love the game/sport. A week ago Amazon had the $10 credit for UFC and RDR was only 48.54, looks like I missed out on both :headache::censored:

[quote name='redsox721']Debating between that and UFC. I know UFC has a bunch of flaws but I love the game/sport. A week ago Amazon had the $10 credit for UFC and RDR was only 48.54, looks like I missed out on both :headache::censored:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know man, I'm not into UFC all that much I'm more of a baseball guy myself... Judging by your name I take it you are too, although the UFC demo was pretty awesome... I really wanted that RDR deal too, but it seems like NorAm is taking forever to process our stuff!

[quote name='Moravagine']Post in this thread the other day that something similar happened to me. I sent in a Dragon Age Collector's Guide and they rejected it claiming the ISBN didn't match. I'm 100% positive it did. Besides the fact that I actually checked to make sure, there is obviously only one version of this guide.[/QUOTE]

Man I cannot believe you are trading this and not selling this on Amazon or Ebay, thats a lot of wasted dinero:hot:

[quote name='hqn101']Amazon is being really stupid in rejecting games, they said my games didnt work which is bs.[/QUOTE]

Did they actually say they "didn't work" or did they just say "damaged"? Because I got the latter when there was some miniscule writing on the label side of 2 discs. The games played fine, but the number "102" (written by a moron at Blockbuster), apparently, gave them reason to reject them as "damaged". I had a DS cart with the same writing and made sure to send that to Gazelle instead.

But the only excuses I've ever seen from NorAm are "Missing Manual", "Wrong UPC", and "Damaged Item". They even have stickers printed up with these words and stick them on the case when the send them back.

[quote name='io']Did they actually say they "didn't work" or did they just say "damaged"? Because I got the latter when there was some miniscule writing on the label side of 2 discs. The games played fine, but the number "102" (written by a moron at Blockbuster), apparently, gave them reason to reject them as "damaged". I had a DS cart with the same writing and made sure to send that to Gazelle instead.

But the only excuses I've ever seen from NorAm are "Missing Manual", "Wrong UPC", and "Damaged Item". They even have stickers printed up with these words and stick them on the case when the send them back.[/QUOTE]

They said damaged which I just interpret as didn't work as my disc was like in mint condition.

So now one sent in the G-pak huh? I guess i'll try it tomorrow. If it was rejected, I'd rather know ahead of time so I don't bother.

[quote name='hqn101']They said damaged which I just interpret as didn't work as my disc was like in mint condition.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but see, it could be a different reason - even something like the case being cracked. When I got my two games back they had put them in backwards, data side up, like they were demonstrating to me they were damaged. But they weren't any worse than several other games they accepted. The only difference was the writing on the label side (very small letters written with a sharpie). To be sure, I also popped both games in the Wii and they played just fine.

Note that I got Amazon to reimburse me for the drop in trade-in value that happened before I got the games back. So I would fire off an email to Amazon about it. Say the game was mint and you don't know why they would reject it. If it has dropped in value just ask for the difference since I think you are more likely to get that then the whole amount (since you are getting the game back after all). Then just resubmit it to NorAm and let them pay to ship it back and forth again ;) (though chances are if there is really nothing wrong with it, it will be accepted the second time).

Well not that it matters, but my first trade in was accepted this morning (5 days after they were delivered to NorAm). All four games were accepted... Finally, I won't be paranoid refreshing all the time!

[quote name='BG1989']Well not that it matters, but my first trade in was accepted this morning (5 days after they were delivered to NorAm). All four games were accepted... Finally, I won't be paranoid refreshing all the time![/QUOTE]

No fair, I'm still waitin!

Just a heads-up if you are interested in trading in ALAN WAKE, which I just did, they accepted it without the DLC code.

The game's pretty linear and I didn't feel the need to replay it, so I kept the DLC card (which is worth, what, $10?) and took their $35 quote for the game. Having paid $50 that's not a terrible deal, since I can see a lot of people trading it in once they're done with it. (Then I'll rent the game from GF to play the DLC over the summer, or whenever it comes out).

Amazon made me mad with a book I sent in to sell. The back of the IBBS thing is different than what they had, but on the inside front cover it is the same. So I emailed them and explained it and they said no problem, they will accept it.

So I sent it in, found out yesterday it was NOT accepted due to IBBS not matching (I even included a copy of the email to amazon saying they accept it)

So I wrote to amazon again and they said "Oh sorry, we gave you the wrong answer blah blah blah"

[quote name='Morphx2']Amazon made me mad with a book I sent in to sell. The back of the IBBS thing is different than what they had, but on the inside front cover it is the same. So I emailed them and explained it and they said no problem, they will accept it.

So I sent it in, found out yesterday it was NOT accepted due to IBBS not matching (I even included a copy of the email to amazon saying they accept it)

So I wrote to amazon again and they said "Oh sorry, we gave you the wrong answer blah blah blah"[/QUOTE]

yeah, i keep trying to explain to people that you have to match the UPC or ISBN.

It's the simplest way. They have handheld scanners that just scan the upc and check for condition. This way there's no human error on their part and they take all the guesswork away from their monkeys.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']What's with these promos? Are they all dead or is there any new ones?[/QUOTE]

They're all dead and there are no new ones. I think a lot of folks are moving over to Gazelle / Dealtree now, but I'm holding out hope!

Anyone know what NorAm's hours of operation are? Was hoping to have some word back by today on $125 worth of trade ins that got delivered last Friday.

Edit: Woohoo one by one they're changing. 17 for 17...woooohoo

Last edited by a moderator:
Credited today for something sent last week too. Check your trades if you've been waiting! You should get credit today or tomorrow.

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']What's with these promos? Are they all dead or is there any new ones?[/QUOTE]

what kind of question is that? im not being demeaning, its just weird. there hasn't been any promos in almost a year.

Can someone help me? I my stuff got delivered on Friday morning, however, there hasnt been any change on the status of the order. It still says "Not yet Received". Does it usually take this long?

[quote name='strikerdark']Can someone help me? I my stuff got delivered on Friday morning, however, there hasnt been any change on the status of the order. It still says "Not yet Received". Does it usually take this long?[/QUOTE]

Takes a day or two for them to check everything. You'll get your payment soon enough.

[quote name='strikerdark']Can someone help me? I my stuff got delivered on Friday morning, however, there hasnt been any change on the status of the order. It still says "Not yet Received". Does it usually take this long?[/QUOTE]

You should be credited today or within a few days. It's been taking them longer lately. It used to be 1-2 days and now it seems to be 3-5 days, and add a day due to the holiday.

I noticed today that the 2 items I had rejected earlier in the week now say "Not currently available for trade-in." One was a strategy guide. Although this didn't change until a few days after mine were rejected, it seems more than a coincidence. I'm guessing NorAm rejected them simply on the grounds that they didn't want more of the items and the "mismatched ISBN" stuff is BS.

Not cool, the items are supposed to be locked in at the time of the trade-in as long as they are submitted within a week.

quick question - my order says to ship my game by June 3rd, this is a used game i bought somewhere else and it arrives June 4.

can I still ship it using the label? I was not sure if Amazon will reject it since it won't be shipped by June 3rd.

thanks

[quote name='joogle']quick question - my order says to ship my game by June 3rd, this is a used game i bought somewhere else and it arrives June 4.

can I still ship it using the label? I was not sure if Amazon will reject it since it won't be shipped by June 3rd.

thanks[/QUOTE]

I imagine you'll be just fine. Print your label now if you can so you don't have to deal with doing the late label printing trick.

Hey guys, I read the faq in the first post but not the other pages of this thread so excuse me if this has been discussed.

Has anyone ever had a game show up as "not yet received" after UPS shows it was delivered?

Mine shows it was delivered 2 days ago but the status is still "not yet received".

Any idea? Is this normal?

[quote name='eugaet']Yes, it's normal. 'Not yet received' just means that they haven't processed your shipment for trade-in yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Coincidentally, I JUST got the email that it was received and accepted.

It looks like Amazon might be matching the GameStop + 50% promotion (w/Edge):

SMG2: $40 ($22 from GS in CAG Tracker, so +50% for promo and +10% for Edge = $35.20)
Red Dead (PS3/360): $40 ($25 from GS + 60% = $40)
Alan Wake: $38.50 ($24 from GS + 60% = $38.40)
ModNation: $35.25 ($22 from GS + 60% = $35.20)

Hi guys - I have the game today, but will have to ship Monday, I have the label, even though it says expired.

Can I still send it in and get the credit? Thanks!

[quote name='joogle']quick question - my order says to ship my game by June 3rd, this is a used game i bought somewhere else and it arrives June 4.

thanks[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Thraka']It looks like Amazon might be matching the GameStop + 50% promotion (w/Edge):

SMG2: $40 ($22 from GS in CAG Tracker, so +50% for promo and +10% for Edge = $35.20)
Red Dead (PS3/360): $40 ($25 from GS + 60% = $40)
Alan Wake: $38.50 ($24 from GS + 60% = $38.40)
ModNation: $35.25 ($22 from GS + 60% = $35.20)[/QUOTE]

Was just about to post the $40 TIV for SMG2. Locked in my 3. Now I will have no personal copy to play. Now I don't have to look to trade them in to BBV.

[quote name='lukewin']Was just about to post the $40 TIV for SMG2. Locked in my 3. Now I will have no personal copy to play. Now I don't have to look to trade them in to BBV.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, why would you at this point? There will be nothing to buy there (BBV that is). I traded a couple in there just before they sent off the games and was able to spend it on the B1G1 50% off promo. I wish Amazon would match GS on NSMB though...

I sent in 6 G-Paks, 3 on my account, 3 on my brother's. I made the mistake of pulling them out of the original box, and just sending them in the plastic wrap. There was a tag on the handle, that may have had a UPC on it. I was worried they wouldn't get accepted, but got full $30 on them all. One package was even sent off a day or two late. Original submission 5/13 for mine, 5/16 for my brother's. My Sega Fun Packs x2, got accepted as well. Locked in 3, but one store had discs only.

So the g-paks were accepted huh? Looks like I'll be sending some in a week late and hope I get credited. If not, they i'll take them back to gs. I'll leave them in the box and just ship them in a hugh box.

What's up,
This is going to be my first trade in and I had a question about packaging your games. Do any of you just use the same box amazon used to send you most games (the A3 size box I believe) to send the games in? I thought it would be perfect but the shipping label for UPS doesn't fit on top without covering a little of the seam and UPS says not to do this. Is it acceptable to put the label on the side of the box instead then? Well anyways thanks for reading and thanks for any advice.
jake

[quote name='kn1ghtrydr']I thought it would be perfect but the shipping label for UPS doesn't fit on top without covering a little of the seam and UPS says not to do this.[/QUOTE]I place the label across the seam most of the time and have never had any problems.

[quote name='kn1ghtrydr']What's up,
This is going to be my first trade in and I had a question about packaging your games. Do any of you just use the same box amazon used to send you most games (the A3 size box I believe) to send the games in? I thought it would be perfect but the shipping label for UPS doesn't fit on top without covering a little of the seam and UPS says not to do this. Is it acceptable to put the label on the side of the box instead then? Well anyways thanks for reading and thanks for any advice.
jake[/QUOTE]

It's not uncommon for me to receive something from amazon/gamestop, pull the receipt out, use a permanent marker to cross out all barcodes, and then seal it back up with the trade-in/trade-in label and put it in the ups drop box. I don't think UPS actually cares, the seam thing is probably to try to keep the barcode as straight + readable as possible (just like the "don't tape over it rule" which I'm sure no one follows)

I get so many packages from Amazon that I always just reuse them when I trade back in to Amazon. I just put the new label right over the old one. I'll try to rip off any of the bar codes on the sides too. The label often goes over the seam and they have never said anything.

I mentioned above that I had a problem with a DA: Origins Collector's Guide trade-in being rejected by NorAm for a mismatched ISBN . They sent me back the item but I emailed Amazon stating this was an error (I had in fact sent the right item/ISBN) and politely complained that the item was sent back with numerous pieces of tape that left a residue which lowered the resale value of the book. Within an hour, they issued me a free $20 credit (value of book was $19.35) and didn't even ask for the book back.

Amazon kicks ass.

If you put the label across the seam, just try not to have the barcodes on the seam so when they cut it open the barcodes are intact, mostly just the barcode for your trade in though, shouldn't have to worry about the DC or shipping barcode unless your box is bulging, which it shouldn't be anyways. You could try to print the label smaller if you want to in the advanced printer settings.

Do you guys put tape over the entire shipping label when you mail stuff out, whether it be amazon, gazelle, eztrade, or ebay? I have been due to worrying about the label getting soaked or ripped, but if most people don't I would stop doing it to save tape.

[quote name='J7.']

Do you guys put tape over the entire shipping label when you mail stuff out, whether it be amazon, gazelle, eztrade, or ebay? I have been due to worrying about the label getting soaked or ripped, but if most people don't I would stop doing it to save tape.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I use clear shipping tape and cover the label completely to protect it from getting ripped and/or wet.

What's up again,
Hey thanks for the advice guys. I'll put it over the seam, but will shift it enough so the bar code won't get cut when they open it.
Jake

So, I just (yes after 3 weeks and I totally forgot about it) got back my Sega Fun Pack that was rejected for it being damaged. :roll: (Even though I sent in a sealed item...) Anyways, since this was the 4th time they did this to me, I emailed Amazon's customer service about the situation just to vent. Surprisingly and I did not expect this, they gave me a promotional credit of the full $46.25. :hot: I'm really in shock. I hate Noram but love Amazon.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my three rejected Twilight Princess strategy guides that were brand new, shrinkwrapped... which I'm sure I'll get back unwrapped in a single bubble wrap envelope. 2 weeks and counting...

[quote name='FactionG']So, I just (yes after 3 weeks and I totally forgot about it) got back my Sega Fun Pack that was rejected for it being damaged. :roll: (Even though I sent in a sealed item...) Anyways, since this was the 4th time they did this to me, I emailed Amazon's customer service about the situation just to vent. Surprisingly and I did not expect this, they gave me a promotional credit of the full $46.25. :hot: I'm really in shock. I hate Noram but love Amazon.

P.S. I'm still waiting for my three rejected Twilight Princess strategy guides that were brand new, shrinkwrapped... which I'm sure I'll get back unwrapped in a single bubble wrap envelope. 2 weeks and counting...[/QUOTE]
what email address did you use?

[quote name='rjbooth']what email address did you use?[/QUOTE]

Under 'Contact Us' the middle tab 'Email'. Left out the order number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back