CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bkerlee']Also, to those of you getting games damaged, a helpful suggestion. If you send games in a sturdy cardboard box, such as the ones that Amazon delivers your games to your house in, the chance of the games getting damaged during shipping drops significantly. Bubble wrap is also nice, and can be purchased cheaply at Walmart or other fine retailers. Make sure there is a nice layer of bubble wrap between all edges of the box, so the nice people opening your box at NORAM don't accidentally nick the games with the boxcutter.[/QUOTE]

The odds that so many peoples games are getting damaged during shipping are slim to none.

It's Noram most likely sending back someone elses crap that was already damaged.

[quote name='ShockandAww']The odds that so many peoples games are getting damaged during shipping are slim to none.

It's Noram most likely sending back someone elses crap that was already damaged.[/QUOTE]

Damaged how, though? If it is another disk and not the original sent (proof?) then who is to say that the person who sent that disk didn't just stuff it into an envelope with no padding?

bkerlee - I've said it many times and repeated it when you keep blaming CAGs for sending in games without padding that, like dyeknom, mine was in a multi-game submission in a box with plenty of padding. There is no way one whole half of a case got crushed (broken, splintered, and the actual plastic on the case torn) during shipment. But you want to ignore that in favor of your theory that all the CAGs who are complaining stuffed games into paper envelopes with little care. EVEN IF that were the case, the sheer number of reported damaged games would still be too many. I'd wager that you could send 100 games individually wrapped in a single piece of 8x10 paper with an address written on it and only a couple of those would get legitimately damaged during shipment.

And, by the way, I consider this to be trolling plain and simple:
How dare they, sir! I'm so offended on your behalf that I'm going to mount an all-out protest against gamestop and amazon. No longer will we stand for this tyranny. No longer will we allow them to treat us like second-class citizens.

This shall not go unpunished.

Oh, and for content, another successful trade to Amazon, making me 5/5. This one even included books. Also, I've never traded in more than one copy of a game, because frankly if you own more than one copy of a game at a time you're either a reseller or a hoarder and I laugh every time your trade gets rejected.

And then you go off on some persecution complex when I mention cleaning up the thread :roll:. Actually, I think you have favored status here. People like you throw out these trolling comments, hook someone to post something going the other way, and then end up getting them banned. Confoosius is the master of this. You guys have actually been favored in many disputes/reported post situations. I don't think that is necessarily fair and I feel like people on the other side of the argument are banned far too quickly, though I wish both sides would just shut up about it ;).

[quote name='dyeknom']Is that how your Bioshock 2 looked as well, or the one before that?

The thread has almost always been full of trolls, guessing its proximity near the bridge is appealing. I really have no idea why the thread is still in the deals section. It used to be a specific deal (30$ gaming coupon, 75$ console coupon).... but ever since then... there has been no "specific deal".... just a FAQ and discussion thread :/[/QUOTE]

Nah, it was the one before. I'm still waiting to get Bioshock 2 back.

As for the location of this thread, yeah, it started out that way because of the trade-in deals. But still, it is a busy enough thread I think it belongs here. The Gazelle thread is in Deals, right? But maybe if we moved it, it would be less subject to off-topic posts.

how the hell did I get lumped into your argument, io? I'm just minding my own business over here.

As for what I did comment on, if someone is gonna state that there's photographic evidence that noram is destroying games on purpose, shouldn't that evidence be given?

[quote name='io']bkerlee - I've said it many times and repeated it when you keep blaming CAGs for sending in games without padding that, like dyeknom, mine was in a multi-game submission in a box with plenty of padding. There is no way one whole half of a case got crushed (broken, splintered, and the actual plastic on the case torn) during shipment. But you want to ingore that in favor of your theory that all the CAGs who are complaining stuffed games into paper envelopes with little care. EVEN IF that were the case, the sheer number of reported damaged games would still be too many. I'd wager that you could send 100 games individually wrapped in a single piece of 8x10 paper with an address written on it and only a couple of those would get legitimately damaged during shipment.

And, by the way, I consider this to be trolling plain and simple:

And then you go off on some persecution complex when I mention cleaning up the thread :roll:. Actually, I think you have favored status here. People like you throw out these trolling comments, hook someone to post something going the other way, and then end up getting them banned. Confoosius is the master of this. You guys have actually been favored in many disputes/reported post situations. I don't think that is necessarily fair and I feel like people on the other side of the argument are banned far too quickly, though I wish both sides would just shut up about it ;).

Nah, it was the one before. I'm still waiting to get Bioshock 2 back.

As for the location of this thread, yeah, it started out that way because of the trade-in deals. But still, it is a busy enough thread I think it belongs here. The Gazelle thread is in Deals, right? But maybe if we moved it, it would be less subject to off-topic posts.[/QUOTE]

You're putting words in my mouth in several places there. For one, I didn't claim that happened to everyone's packages. Some people may have had things happen. But everyone says that NORAM does it on purpose, like it's some grand conspiracy. That's the part I take offense to.

Also, I never said it was just me. I just had a large number of valid posts from the discussion before removed, so I anticipated the same. I have no idea who you are, and hardly think you have any interest in who I am. I'd hardly call that "me having a persecution complex."

Still, I'll be glad to "shut up about it" and just go back to what I used to do, which is check for decent deals on games that I actually intend to, you know, play. Not ship to Amazon to make a quick buck, which is what I was mostly railing against in my posts.

[quote name='bkerlee']Damaged how, though? If it is another disk and not the original sent (proof?) then who is to say that the person who sent that disk didn't just stuff it into an envelope with no padding?[/QUOTE]
Damaged in any manner. I dont really think NorAm is breaking peoples stuff. It's just not logical in most cases. So what is logical? What the fuck is Noram doing? This is almost certainly (edit: more like probably, imo) what Noram is doing:

People send in their crap. Person A sends in crap that is like new or even brand new. Person B sends in crap that is FUBAR. Person B doesnt get their credit and doesnt deserve it. They sent their crap in broken and probably dont expect to get anything from it anyway but hey may as well give it a shot..or hell maybe NorAm is actually paying someone pennies for broken cases and such, I dont know.

Person A (that sent in a like new/new copy) will usually get their credit, unless there are some crap copies sent in from Person B available. In that case, Person A may get rejected by Noram and sent back a different copy of the same game they sent in. They of course get sent back a game that was originally sent in by Person B.

Now Noram has not credited either person a penny, but they've gained a like new/new game to resell.

What I really dont get is why Amazon is their bitch? What does Amazon get out of this? I dont understand how that relationship works. They obviously gain $$$$ from it somehow, because thats what it's all about.

[quote name='confoosious']but what does noram tell person B? (the crappier one?)

You need to have just as many rejected games going out as they do going in.[/QUOTE]
They take it. From their terms:

"Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant and may not be returned to you."

[quote name='ShockandAww']They take it. From their terms:

"Items that are materially damaged or that do not match the items on the trade-in list are not eligible for return to you, and may be disposed of by the merchant and may not be returned to you."[/QUOTE]

I would think that's if you send them a lump of dog crap.

Has anyone actually had them refuse to send something back to you? I don't think i've heard of a single case on here.

[quote name='confoosious']I would think that's if you send them a lump of dog crap.

Has anyone actually had them refuse to send something back to you? I don't think i've heard of a single case on here.[/QUOTE]
That's a good question.

[quote name='confoosious']how the hell did I get lumped into your argument, io? I'm just minding my own business over here.[/QUOTE]

C'mon, though, you generally don't mind your own business, that's what I was refering to. In general I was refering to how a lot of your posts get reported but in at least a few cases the person doing the reporting ends up getting banned.

You do have to admit you stir stuff up, though never go far enough to get punished ;). I was kind of lumping you and bkerlee in the same boat there because he claimed he has had stuff deleted when he didn't deserve to (which I don't think I did in this thread, but I didn't look back to check).

[quote name='bkerlee']Also, I never said it was just me. I just had a large number of valid posts from the discussion before removed, so I anticipated the same. I have no idea who you are, and hardly think you have any interest in who I am. I'd hardly call that "me having a persecution complex."[/QUOTE]

Don't think a large number of valid posts have been deleted any time recently but I'll look. This is what I meant by the persecution complex by the way. (EDIT: I looked back 6 days and the only posts deleted were those of one of the banned users I mentioned).

But fair enough, I get that you don't like it when people trade multiples. However, since Amazon/NorAm allows 3 copies of a game per their very own rules, it is not something that should really be an issue here. People shouldn't have games rejected or damaged or whatever from a legitimate (as definied by the merchant) trade-in if there is nothing wrong with them - but just because they may have traded more copies than you would like them to. NorAm isn't the CAG morality police ;). And that's why such posts are off-topic and subject to cleaning up.

Now, do I think NorAm is intentionally destroying seemingly random games so as not to accept them? No, not really, as is seems ludicrous. However, I know at least for the game I just got back there is no way it was damaged during shipment to them (given that 4 others from the same sturdy boxed package were supposedly fine). So I really don't know what to think. It is certainly a possibility and of course no one has any proof to point in any particular direction except that something is going on. It could just be simple carelessness on their part.

Heh - UPS just dropped something off. I'm gonna go see if it is my Bioshock 2 from NorAm... Nah, just an Amazon order.

[quote name='io']Now, do I think NorAm is intentionally destroying seemingly random games so as not to accept them? No, not really, as is seems ludicrous. However, I know at least for the game I just got back there is no way it was damaged during shipment to them (given that 4 others from the same sturdy boxed package were supposedly fine). So I really don't know what to think. It is certainly a possibility and of course no one has any proof to point in any particular direction except that something is going on. It could just be simple carelessness on their part.

Heh - UPS just dropped something off. I'm gonna go see if it is my Bioshock 2 from NorAm... Nah, just an Amazon order.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I'll give a (little) proof myself. One friend of mine just pointed out to me that she had a trade cancelled and returned as damaged...and when it arrived, it had a huge slash in the case, like a boxcutter mark.

Intentional? No. NORAM's fault? Absolutely, for the most part.

I do appreciate this website, and I really don't want to seem like I'm trolling. I'm just genuinely annoyed by the attitude a small minority seem to have, and the fact that that (very vocal) minority may scare newbies into not trading games to amazon when almost all transactions work out fine.

Thank you for explaining your position, io. I'll do my best to swallow my frustrations and not point out issues on the board from now on.

I do remember that very early on when this trade-in program first started we had a lot of reports of games getting sent back with box-cutter slashes on them. Now, that, at least makes sense. Someone at NorAm slices 'em open, doesn't realize they cut a game, then later when they are examining them they see this damage and reject them. The recent spate of crushed cases (all on the bottom portion of the spine) is definitely odd though.

There is no explanation that makes any sense, really. The games being rejected are not always the high-valued ones, though it does seem that a large percentage of those are rejected. But on the cheaper ones, it still doesn't make sense for them to send them back even if the damage was legitimate. A new case doesn't cost more than $1, and they spend more than that mailing them back. The one they sent back to me was back to being in excellent condition once I swapped the busted case. The cover art was torn a little, too, but you couldn't really tell with the new case.

if you have any unsent trades locked, especially recent games, you may want to check their tivs today. a bunch of stuff went up a couple bucks. actually, everything i had locked did. just a heads up.

also, count me in the number of folks who got a game returned that wasn't the one i sent in. odd thing that is.

For those wanting to determine if the game(s) being sent back to them are in fact their games they sent in and not swapped out for some pos one, might I suggest putting a lone dot of black permanent marker in a black portion of the coverart/disc/back cover of the manual.

Unless they're really super nitpicky and scrutinize every centimeter of the game case and such they likely won't notice the dot.;)

[quote name='Necrozilla']How many inches is it up there?[/QUOTE]

None yet. The only snow on the ground is from previous storms, although there is one expected for tonight.

I sent two batches of trade-ins last week, and they all got accepted~

Sent in an email last night about my "Damaged" copies of Dante's Inferno PS3. Got a reply today that the reason NorAm gave them was "Damaged Manual". Clicked no on their Did This Help You link, talked to someone on the phone (and their manager) and they both said their was nothing they could do about it. Also, at least on their end, they have no way of talking to the trade in department and cannot connect me to anyone who can. How have others been able to sweet talk them into giving promotional credit to at least make up the difference between value for the game then and it's value now ($16 vs $8)?

[quote name='JediJames2']Sent in an email last night about my "Damaged" copies of Dante's Inferno PS3. Got a reply today that the reason NorAm gave them was "Damaged Manual". Clicked no on their Did This Help You link, talked to someone on the phone (and their manager) and they both said their was nothing they could do about it. Also, at least on their end, they have no way of talking to the trade in department and cannot connect me to anyone who can. How have others been able to sweet talk them into giving promotional credit to at least make up the difference between value for the game then and it's value now ($16 vs $8)?[/QUOTE]
I posted NorAm's info including direct phone # in NH a page or two ago.

Now I know they're a total scam company. I got my 'damaged/scratched' copy of Lips back just 5 minutes ago. Aside from the sticker they put over the UPC on the back of the case and the sticker they put on the read side of the disc the game is STILL in MINT CONDITION.

NorAm and their scammy tactics can go fuck themselves.

I just locked in $30 each for Hot Pursuit and Splatterhouse. I will be sending these in a few days with a few other games. I will let you all know what happens.

So, I got my second damaged game back today...

It is the same as the last one, except that this time the top of the case was crushed. The case is broken around the spine with chunks of the plastic loose in the case. The plastic cover is torn as well as the cover art - just like the last one. So the only difference is they stomped on the top of this one instead of the bottom :bomb:.

It appears to be the same near mint condition disc as I sent in, though I can't be sure. I was pretty sure I sent in immaculate discs in this case, but this one is a little dirty. Since Amazon covered the credit for me already, I'm OK with it, except for the annoying aspect of getting a broken case/ripped cover art back and having to deal with this in the first place. Not to mention that these "courtesy" credits will probably not be issued indefinitely. I'd much rather NorAm had just accepted the game than I get credit and get back this broken case. Yeah, sure, I can still do something with this one (maybe trade to GS), but I'd prefer the original trade just go as it is supposed to.

Weird, I got my last returned item today too and it's literally in perfect condition... No crack in the case, game, torn manual or ripped artwork. It's definitely the same game I sent. This was on an individual bubble mailer game (not in my box from the other day).

The only thing I can think of is that they saw the dust on the bottom of the disc and mistook it for flaws on the disc? It's really strange, because they even put their finger print on it and wiped off some of the dust. I'd call to complain, but they gave me full TIV for the broken case in the box (which was clearly negligence on behalf of NORAMs processing given the packing despite the insistence that it was the fault of UPS handling... not that I care, but I know better than to blame UPS for damaging a case in the middle of a package without any other cases being damaged) and didn't ask for me to send it back... so this one can slide since there's literally nothing wrong with it. TIV drop was only $3, not worth the hassle either.

Out of curiousity, does NORAM usually put barcode stickers on the back of everybody else's returned trades? This was the first time I've ever noticed it.

[quote name='dyeknom']
Out of curiousity, does NORAM usually put barcode stickers on the back of everybody else's returned trades? This was the first time I've ever noticed it.[/QUOTE]

This is new. Though before this recent spate of rejections I hadn't had anything sent back in like a year.

so i will probably get my first legit rejection when my package arrives there - just found the disc still here. Whoops. Only a $1.50 DVD so not sweating it - after shipping i'd think it would be cheaper for them to just accept it then send it back =]

Not to be a contrarian, but I've sent in 17 games in 5 different transactions and all except 1 was accepted. The 1 that was marked as damaged I sent in with the next shipment and it was accepted. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm pretty happy with this so far.

[quote name='Pookymeister']so i will probably get my first legit rejection when my package arrives there - just found the disc still here. Whoops. Only a $1.50 DVD so not sweating it - after shipping i'd think it would be cheaper for them to just accept it then send it back =][/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I did that once but was lucky enough to catch myself before i dropped off the package. Annoying since I had to tear open my packaging.

[quote name='Hobbs1975']Not to be a contrarian, but I've sent in 17 games in 5 different transactions and all except 1 was accepted. The 1 that was marked as damaged I sent in with the next shipment and it was accepted. Maybe I'm just lucky, but I'm pretty happy with this so far.[/QUOTE]

You aren't being contrarian, you are corroborating everyone else's stories. Most people aren't getting everything rejected, just 1 thing every so often - just like you did ;).

[quote name='Japakneez']:rofl:

I did that once but was lucky enough to catch myself before i dropped off the package. Annoying since I had to tear open my packaging.[/QUOTE]
I had that happen about 2-3 years ago when I sold off my PS2/Xbox game collection to someone on CAG. Lucky for me I hadn't left the mall yet when I got back to my car and noticed there were 2-4 games still sitting in the box I brought them there in.:bomb::whistle2:#

I had to have them open up the package I just sealed up and put them in there and pay the nominal difference, but it was better than the person I was sending to finding them missing and then having to send a second package.:cry:

[quote name='io']You aren't being contrarian, you are corroborating everyone else's stories. Most people aren't getting everything rejected, just 1 thing every so often - just like you did ;).[/QUOTE]

Yup, sound like normal to me. I think my rejection rate is around 5%. So 1 item out of 20 gets rejected. Hmm...maybe Noram has a monthly quota on trade ins. I hate adding to the conspiracy talk but there is something strange at hand! It could explain the spike and randomness in rejections lately. :whistle2:#

Got 3 crack in times and 3 endless oceans accepted today. Rc were from bb and eo were from tarshay. Shipped inside a small usps flatrate box inside a amazon box + amazon bubble packaging.

[quote name='Japakneez']Yup, sound like normal to me. I think my rejection rate is around 5%. So 1 item out of 20 gets rejected. Hmm...maybe Noram has a monthly quota on trade ins. I hate adding to the conspiracy talk but there is something strange at hand! It could explain the spike and randomness in rejections lately. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Also, (jumping on what io said) does anyone find it to be further corroboration that the same item they said was damaged one day, was perfectly fine on a different day. Say what you guys will about conspiracy talk, but that illustrates the arbitrary nature of how they evaluate.

[quote name='bgame2']Also, (jumping on what io said) does anyone find it to be further corroboration that the same item they said was damaged one day, was perfectly fine on a different day. Say what you guys will about conspiracy talk, but that illustrates the arbitrary nature of how they evaluate.[/QUOTE]
Or the morons they hire. Cant imagine that they have high quality workers doing this type of thing.

Bout to do my first ever Amazon trade-in. Trading in Sly Collection, FFXIII, Batman: AA, Brutal Legend, and 2 PS2 games. Upon reading all the rejections in this thread I'm worried that Batman and one of the PS2 games won't be accepted. They're both used, Batman's case has some sticky brown residue (like someone spilt pop on it) and the one PS2 game's case has dimples and the such all over the place.

I can try and clean the stuff off Batman, but what about the PS2 game? Should I transfer it to another one of my PS2 games cases which is mint, or are they not picky about PS2 games?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Bout to do my first ever Amazon trade-in. Trading in Sly Collection, FFXIII, Batman: AA, Brutal Legend, and 2 PS2 games. Upon reading all the rejections in this thread I'm worried that Batman and one of the PS2 games won't be accepted. They're both used, Batman's case has some sticky brown residue (like someone spilt pop on it) and the one PS2 game's case has dimples and the such all over the place.

I can try and clean the stuff off Batman, but what about the PS2 game? Should I transfer it to another one of my PS2 games cases which is mint, or are they not picky about PS2 games?[/QUOTE]
Based on the number of rejections as of late from them I wouldn't give them any reason whatsoever to reject the games. Whether it's the sticky residue or a slight ding in the case on a game I would make sure those games looked mint in every facet before sending them.

I love Amazon's trade-in values, but hate their pickiness. While I love GameStop for basically taking anything even if it's been crapped on, but in turn hating them for not even giving you as much shit that's on it back.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I love Amazon's trade-in values, but hate their pickiness. While I love GameStop for basically taking anything even if it's been crapped on, but in turn hating them for not even giving you as much shit that's on it back.[/QUOTE]
Thing is, it's not even Amazon running the trade program. It's a company called NorAm based out of NH. So unless Amazon actually owns all or a portion of NorAm they are supposedly independent companies.

As for Gamestop, they serve their purpose if you know what stuff to trade in and when. But apparently if you know that, then they don't want your business as they banned me for my trading practices.:roll:

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Thing is, it's not even Amazon running the trade program. It's a company called NorAm based out of NH. So unless Amazon actually owns all or a portion of NorAm they are supposedly independent companies.

As for Gamestop, they serve their purpose if you know what stuff to trade in and when. But apparently if you know that, then they don't want your business as they banned me for my trading practices.:roll:[/QUOTE]
LOL. Last time I went to Gamestop it was to trade in a bunch of damaged or pack-in games, and a few things that were store branded that amazon wouldn't take. I got about $18 dollars for stuff that amazon would have given me around $90 for if the SKUs had matched up (or whatever the case was). It was depressing.

[quote name='Donut2922']It's taking longer than usual for my trade in's to scan. A week ago it went to Nashua, NH and still no delivery update scan yet.[/QUOTE]
The weather has messed the whole country up.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']metroid m trades in for 22... can buy it for 20. dunno if its worth 6 bucks for someone but just a heads up[/QUOTE]

Care to explain the math here?

^^ I think he's assuming you buy 3 copies (the max you are allowed to trade) and send them all in making for a profit of $6 in Amazon credit. As he said, I don't think it is really worth it. However, I do intend to send in the copy I bought on BF only because I don't think I'll play it any time soon and I should be able to get it much cheaper later (though probably used from a GS B2G1 or something).

FWIW, I sent the very same copy of a game that was rejected and sent back by NorAm as part of a 5-game trade to SecondSpin, which is supposedly very picky about disc, case, cover art, and even manual condition. Of course I replaced the shattered case, but the cover art was still torn underneath. SecondSpin took it no problem! So, thanks, NorAm, for allowing me to get $12.75 promo credit from Amazon and then $13.75 cash (minus my shipping cost of ~$1.50) from SecondSpin on the same game (plus an extra mint case). I'd prefer not to have to do that, but whatever :roll:.

Interesting Status update for my last trade-in.

-January 12, 2011 1:30:00 AM PST NASHUA, NH, US ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW
-January 11, 2011 9:07:00 PM PST HUDSON, NH, US DELIVERED
-January 11, 2011 8:24:00 PM PST NASHUA, NH, US OUT FOR DELIVERY

[quote name='Pookymeister']Interesting Status update for my last trade-in.

-January 12, 2011 1:30:00 AM PST NASHUA, NH, US ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS / THE MOVEMENT OF THE PACKAGE WILL RESUME AS SOON AS THE WEATHER CONDITIONS ALLOW
-January 11, 2011 8:24:00 PM PST NASHUA, NH, US OUT FOR DELIVERY[/QUOTE]

I take it you don't live anywhere near the Northeast? There was a huge snowstorm yesterday and a lot of schools are still closed today. (Yes I see it was delivered then delayed)

How do you get a status update AFTER it's been delivered? My shipment arrived early AM Tuesday, still no update. I wonder if anyone was even there working yesterday. Many of the people I follow on Twitter who live in New England were stuck at home because of snow.

I had the same tracking info. We may have to wait until next week to get our credit. I'm sure once the mail starts moving again, Noram will be flooded with packages.

[quote name='louiedog']How do you get a status update AFTER it's been delivered?[/QUOTE]

You don't. Usually you'll get an email that your credit has been deposited a day or two after it's been delivered, but it may take an extra few days this week.
[quote name='io']^^ I think he's assuming you buy 3 copies (the max you are allowed to trade) and send them all in making for a profit of $6 in Amazon credit.[/QUOTE]

Okay, that makes sense.

The UPS guy must have been driving a DeLorean.

I'm curious if anyone's had their trade-ins accepted within the past 24 hours. Might delay sending in my packages for a day or two if the snow is still stalling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back