CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pookymeister']I think you need to try Amazon support again and make sure they understand the label came from them/Noram. UPS automatically covers $100 so it's on Amazon/NorAm to file. This is a situation where it's obviously in their hands to make things right.[/QUOTE]

I will try again, thanks. Three chats with US based customer service denied me. The supervisor told me they do not file claims for lost packaages with UPS. email this time I guess.

[quote name='Toss']I will try again, thanks. Three chats with US based customer service denied me. The supervisor told me they do not file claims for lost packaages with UPS. email this time I guess.[/QUOTE]

although you should not have to....
since you have the UPS tracking #...have you called their 800# to have it traced? you might get lucky ... and as your name and address is listed as the "shipper" they will conduct a trace/search...
but do not wait as the more time passes, the less likely it is to be found...

they are open on weekends...

good luck!

[quote name='cheeky']You're probably fine but it wouldn't hurt to email amazon as a precautionary measure.

In other news: My trade expired after it was delivered. That's a new one afaik. I emailed customer service about it. I'll let you all know what happens. They also removed the tracking on two of my items (the fight lights out) so i sent an email about those too. I'd recommend you guys get a receipt or copy down the tracking number in case this happens to you.

Update: Very speedy response from amazon regarding the issues I had. They issued a promotional certificate for the trade amount (for the expired trade). They want me to wait two weeks for the fight to be credited.[/QUOTE]

Trades expiring after they are sent or delivered mean nothing. You will still receive your credit just fine. This happens to me on about every third trade I do with them.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Trades expiring after they are sent or delivered mean nothing. You will still receive your credit just fine. This happens to me on about every third trade I do with them.[/QUOTE]

What/where exactly do you email them? It just happened to me again for a third time this month. Its getting annoying wasting over a month to get credit. And often missing out on credit amounts due to them seemingly purposely waiting until the trade in period expires to process and subsequently return my trade-ins.

hmmmmm might need to email amazon about my copy of Metroid other M, since it expired on Tuesday, haven't heard anything from them, bummer, i could have used that $19

[quote name='mrright4you4now']I had a rejection this week as well for a damaged-scratched game. Its a PS3 game so I'm curious to see what it looks like when I get it back. The disc was flawless when I sent it in so I really do want to see what its like when I get it back. I contacted amazons customer service though and they took care of it by giving me a credit but its unfortunate because I'm sure there will be a day where they don't just make up for it.[/QUOTE]

I never had a rejection in 8 games sent, all PS3 but two were brand new & the rest were mint. I always make sure to put them in a good sized box with lots of padding. I stuff the box with my saved plastic grocery bags some the S.O.B. can't even move. I shipped a guy a driver side window from a car club I'm in and the UPS lady bet me it would break but it didn't though I used almost a garbage bag full of bags it made it perfectly :lol:

[quote name='retail sucks']I never had a rejection in 8 games sent, all PS3 but two were brand new & the rest were mint. I always make sure to put them in a good sized box with lots of padding. I stuff the box with my saved plastic grocery bags some the S.O.B. can't even move. I shipped a guy a driver side window from a car club I'm in and the UPS lady bet me it would break but it didn't though I used almost a garbage bag full of bags it made it perfectly :lol:[/QUOTE]
It's not that people are sending in games in manilla envelopes with ZERO protection, but just that it seems like Nor-Am(the company processing the trades) is randomly rejecting stuff that should otherwise be accepted and credited.

The glitched high trade value titles I can definitely understand being rejected, but if someone sends in a perfect condition game/case/manual in a well padded envelope or box and it arrives in the same condition as it was sent in(ie: UPS doesn't 'sort it' via throwing it around) then it should be credited.

PS3 games in particular are difficult(but not impossible) to scratch, so rejections of these games seems a bit arbitrary on their part, unless those people sending them sent them in a condition other than mint/complete.

[quote name='retail sucks']I never had a rejection in 8 games sent, all PS3 but two were brand new & the rest were mint. I always make sure to put them in a good sized box with lots of padding. I stuff the box with my saved plastic grocery bags some the S.O.B. can't even move. I shipped a guy a driver side window from a car club I'm in and the UPS lady bet me it would break but it didn't though I used almost a garbage bag full of bags it made it perfectly :lol:[/QUOTE]

Ya as IATCG pointed out it was one game in a box of 4 games that was allegedly damaged. It wasn't that they put broken case or something they were saying that it was scratched. I really am curious what it will look like when it gets back because its either going to be spotless or it's going to have a huge scratch on it that wasn't there when it was sent in.

[quote name='Pookymeister']got the $60 credit for PS3 charge base, woohoo.[/QUOTE]

Did you happen to have one or did you find a place that still sold it and bought it from there?

[quote name='evenfl0w']Did you happen to have one or did you find a place that still sold it and bought it from there?[/QUOTE]

I just bought it for $25 and threw it in a box.

[quote name='Toss']Wow - just got denied credits for 2 - $30 TIV games lost by UPS. Amazon customer service told me I should have bought insurance for it. What's lame is that UPS insures these lost packages but amazon will not file a claim to recover the lost value nor will UPS allow the game owner to file the claim.

I guess if you send some high value items, it might be worth your while to pay for UPS shipping yourself to get insurance protection. This is not very cheap coming from the West coast, just another factor to consider when game trading with amazon. I do send a lot of trades in but jeez they lost 4 of my packages in the last 6 months!

[/QUOTE]

any status on your situation? i just got this information through tracking:

March 14, 2011 SO. PORTLAND, ME, US MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

i have no idea what my package is/was doing in maine. apparently is it gone and ups threw away the box. the normal route for me is that it leaves san francisco, goes through maryland, and then to NorAm in new hampshire. i have a feeling this is going to be a headache to deal with and probably a total loss, i guess i'll call customer support early in the morning before work.

i also have 2 other packages sent the same day and haven't been updated since March 7th, except they have been picked up...

[quote name='handsomepete']fantastic, did the same thing. glad to hear they're taking them.[/QUOTE]

Where did you find them? Finding anything about the charge base 1 is hard it seems.

Looked back many pages but saw nothing.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Where did you find them? Finding anything about the charge base 1 is hard it seems.

Looked back many pages but saw nothing.[/QUOTE]

I got mine from gamestop.com. the upc matched with what I received from them and the trade-in page (lucky for me as there appears to be two different revisions of this thing). not sure where a more reliable source is, so that's pretty ymmv.

[quote name='edson13']What/where exactly do you email them? It just happened to me again for a third time this month. Its getting annoying wasting over a month to get credit. And often missing out on credit amounts due to them seemingly purposely waiting until the trade in period expires to process and subsequently return my trade-ins.[/QUOTE]

You email them on the Contact Us page under your account...

It's going to take time to get credit, regardless of your situation. It takes me on average 3 weeks to get credit for any games that I receive. I've sent in over 15 games now and the fastest I ever got credit was 9 days. The longest was 25 days.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say you're missing out on credit amounts. If you submit a trade for X dollars, they're going to pay you X dollars for it, no matter if the trade in value tanks the next day or not.

[quote name='mtxbass1']
I don't know what you're talking about when you say you're missing out on credit amounts. If you submit a trade for X dollars, they're going to pay you X dollars for it, no matter if the trade in value tanks the next day or not.[/QUOTE]

seems like we're talking about two different things. Im not talking about the ship by date, Ive been having issues with the actual trade in getting closed/expiring, and them returning my games instead of giving me credit. Even though each time, theyve had the game for at least 3 days with the trade in still being active.

So most times, the trade in prices have gone drastically down by the time I receive my games back as the whole process of send/receive/return takes at least 18 days being in California.

Anyways thanks, I did send them an email. Even if it works, I dont want to be sending emails all the time, and risking getting banned; so it probably just means its the end of locking in trade amounts for me.

[quote name='frpilot']any status on your situation? i just got this information through tracking:

March 14, 2011 SO. PORTLAND, ME, US MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

i have no idea what my package is/was doing in maine. apparently is it gone and ups threw away the box. the normal route for me is that it leaves san francisco, goes through maryland, and then to NorAm in new hampshire. i have a feeling this is going to be a headache to deal with and probably a total loss, i guess i'll call customer support early in the morning before work.

i also have 2 other packages sent the same day and haven't been updated since March 7th, except they have been picked up...[/QUOTE]

I chatted with 3 people and were denied by all 3. The 3rd chat informed me there was a note attached to my account and they flat out denied any compensation. I have tried contacting UPS before resulting in nothing, but I may try again.

The fucked thing is that I just recieved an email today from amazon for a another trade. Only 3 of the 6 games sent in were recieved and all 3 received were "missing disc" and returned. NORAM sucks. Amazon gave me a "1 time" promo credit for 3 of the "missing disc" games, but not for the 3 others not received. I will be using a different account from now on to submit trades because amazon will no longer compensate me for lost or fraudlently "damaged or missing/scratched disc" issues from NORAM.

edit: After reading my own post, it seems stupid that I still use amazon at all. I will have to reconsidered this. Best buy is slow as hell but at least NOTHING HAS GONE LOST, and I could always go instore. I will just buy the amazon/kindle gift cards ther with the BB credit.

[quote name='edson13']seems like we're talking about two different things. Im not talking about the ship by date, Ive been having issues with the actual trade in getting closed/expiring, and them returning my games instead of giving me credit. Even though each time, theyve had the game for at least 3 days with the trade in still being active.

So most times, the trade in prices have gone drastically down by the time I receive my games back as the whole process of send/receive/return takes at least 18 days being in California.

Anyways thanks, I did send them an email. Even if it works, I dont want to be sending emails all the time, and risking getting banned; so it probably just means its the end of locking in trade amounts for me.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. Yeah, we're talking about two different things. I thought your credit amount had been changed after the status had shown to be expired. That's really shitty that they would return your games instead of giving credit. I would email them...

WTF!? There seems to be some major issues there these days. I sent in a small trade a few weeks back and it went OK, but I'll think twice about sending anything else in until things settle down again. They seem to go through phases of randomly rejecting stuff, and then are OK for a while.

just got 40 for killzone3 and 36.75 for twoworlds2 even tho i sent twoworlds2 about 5 days after the 7day deadline. i was hoping for 36.75 instead of $25, and i got it, woot!

Just got credited for a 80gb PS3 (2USB Non BC). First system I've sent to NorAm and it all went fine. And yes, I did include the original box, packing materials, manual, all cables, etc.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Got my credit for NBA Jam and NG: Sigma 2. Sent on the 10th, got it today. Not bad at all...[/QUOTE]

damn, I feel great when it gets delivered in a week, then add 3-4 days for crediting...

Well guys and gals, I don't know about you all but I'm done with Amazon trade ins for now after discovering the 3rd and 4th lost package in 60 days. They've all disappeared after unload scans at CHELMSFORD, MA, US . 4 F U C K I N TRADE INS! = $121.50 Some asshole is stealing my games.

[quote name='Toss']Well guys and gals, I don't know about you all but I'm done with Amazon trade ins for now after discovering the 3rd and 4th lost package in 60 days. They've all disappeared after unload scans at CHELMSFORD, MA, US . 4 F U C K I N TRADE INS! = $121.50 Some asshole is stealing my games.[/QUOTE]

usually amazon trades have been fine for me except for this last string of trade ins. i sent recently 7 packages of 2 games each (1 package with 3 games) to lessen the chance of being rejected, what a mistake and headache now.

Of the 7 packages:

-1 has been lost for sure (ups tracking says missing items, carton discarded, ups will notify shipper of damages)
-1 got an email that says merchant verified, but haven't received credit and states "not yet received"
-1 still awaiting update (should know today since it says delivered 3 days ago)
-2 have not had tracking updated since March 7 as being picked up san francisco (i can only assume lost by now)
-1 has 1 game received and the other "not yet received" even though both were in same package
-1 has been issued credit correctly

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']So what happens when you trade in one item, it says "verified and received by the merchant," and the status is listed as "Not Yet Received."[/QUOTE]

wtf i just got this same message this morning for one of my packages. usually when i get the email it would say accepted and gift card deposited. now it just says "not yet received" but the rest of the email appears to say it's been accepted. i checked the status, and it says "not yet received"

this is insane.

[quote name='jacknicklson']I believe it just means you havent gotten your gift card or had the item returned to you. That doesnt change until one of those things happens[/QUOTE]

i've had one game returned to me before since UPS or NorAM damaged the case. amazon would give you a tracking number for the return shipment if this was the case. this seems to be a new problem i haven't heard of yet until today and the other guy who just posted

Any other people have as many or similar problems? has been amazon helpful or done anything about this? people used to say amazon customer service has been helpful with trade ins problems, but that doesn't seem like the case recently. i'm going to wait until the status of all my latest trade ins are known before i call amazon.

I also have a package that hasn't been updated since it arrived at San Pablo, CA on the 9th. I'm worried since it was worth around $115, I was wondering if I'm screwed if UPS lost the package and since they only cover up to $100 right?

Also I'm California, maybe someones stealing at the sorting facility?:cold:

Normally everything goes smoothly for me so I'm pretty worried since others are getting screwed over by BOTH NorAm and UPS.

[quote name='frpilot']usually amazon trades have been fine for me except for this last string of trade ins. i sent recently 7 packages of 2 games each (1 package with 3 games) to lessen the chance of being rejected, what a mistake and headache now.

Of the 7 packages:

-1 has been lost for sure (opened and missing items, ups will notify shipper of damages)
-1 got an email that says merchant verified, but haven't received credit and states "not yet received"
-1 still awaiting update (should know today since it says delivered 3 days ago)
-2 have not had tracking updated since March 7 as being picked up (i assume lost also)
-1 has 1 game received and the other "not yet received" even though both were in same package
-1 has been issued credit correctly

wtf i just got this same message this morning for one of my packages. usually when i get the email it would say accepted and gift card deposited. now it just says "not yet received" but the rest of the email appears to say it's been accepted. i checked the status, and it says "not yet received"

this is insane.

i've had one game returned to me before since UPS or NorAM damaged the case. amazon would give you a tracking number for the return shipment if this was the case. this seems to be a new problem i haven't heard of yet until today and the other guy who just posted

Any other people have as many or similar problems? has been amazon helpful or done anything about this? people used to say amazon customer service has been helpful with trade ins problems, but that doesn't seem like the case recently.[/QUOTE]

I went to UPS store today to ship my sf4 360 joystick. I put the box in a 50-pack frito-lays chips box. Lady goes, we can only take it if it's in a shipping box. What is considered a shipping box? ppffftt...UPS is a minimal love and lots of hate relationship. I'm going to try to go to staples and see if they take it in my frito-lay box.

Also, I had a trade-in expire while sitting in NORAM'S facility. WTH?! If anyone has received credit because of this situation, please PM me. I have some questions for you. TIA!

[quote name='nas6034']I went to UPS store today to ship my sf4 360 joystick. I put the box in a 50-pack frito-lays chips box. Lady goes, we can only take it if it's in a shipping box. What is considered a shipping box? ppffftt...UPS is a minimal love and lots of hate relationship. I'm going to try to go to staples and see if they take it in my frito-lay box.

Also, I had a trade-in expire while sitting in NORAM'S facility. WTH?! If anyone has received credit because of this situation, please PM me. I have some questions for you. TIA![/QUOTE]

i usually use cereal boxes and i never had any problems before.

[quote name='nas6034']
Also, I had a trade-in expire while sitting in NORAM'S facility. WTH?! If anyone has received credit because of this situation, please PM me. I have some questions for you. TIA![/QUOTE]

This happens all the time and there is no issue. You will be credited if they have received it.

[quote name='dragon2288']I also have a package that hasn't been updated since it arrived at San Pablo, CA on the 9th. I'm worried since it was worth around $115, I was wondering if I'm screwed if UPS lost the package and since they only cover up to $100 right?

Also I'm California, maybe someones stealing at the sorting facility?:cold:

Normally everything goes smoothly for me so I'm pretty worried since others are getting screwed over by BOTH NorAm and UPS.[/QUOTE]

thanks for sharing your experience. at least I know i am not alone. probably more people out there

actually, i checked tracking status again and the 2 packages i sent (~ $60 TIV each) are actually in San Pablo. It was picked up and departed So San Francisco on March 7 and arrived and unload scan in San Pablo also on March 7, but hasn't been updated since. I will call UPS later to see if they can update me.

could be someone stealing at both NorAm and UPS, but what will make it worse is if Amazon won't do anything about it, unless it is happening to a lot of people. we shall see.

Anyone traded in Personal Trainer:Walking? I threw away the outer shell a long time ago but still have the game/package, both pedometers and the belt clips. Will that be enough?

Well I contacted UPS and gave them tracking numbers for the 4 lost packages. While on hold, they called noram and notified them of the issue. UPS said they were going to try to track them down. Noram could file a claim if After 8 business days they can't find them. I hope I get my money or games back.

As for the "not received" and "missing disc" trade, my promised promo credit was never issued . I emailed and received a quick reply with a full promo credit which I have yet to verify. All I know is that every american customer rep I worked with has not been motivated to compensate me for any losses, while the foreign ones do so much more readily. Maybe their cheaper wage allows them to give out more promotional reimbursements while still maintaining some sort of profitability levels for the department vs the americans and their higher compensation. The Americans seem to want to tow the company line more, quoting terms and condtions that releases them from liability, as well as searching my account for the "1 time only" credit i may have received previously, so as to deny any future ones. Just my observation...

[quote name='nas6034']I went to UPS store today to ship my sf4 360 joystick. I put the box in a 50-pack frito-lays chips box. Lady goes, we can only take it if it's in a shipping box. What is considered a shipping box? ppffftt...UPS is a minimal love and lots of hate relationship. I'm going to try to go to staples and see if they take it in my frito-lay box.

Hello, my trade in expired while sitting there, I was credited and no problems.

[quote name='vince726']Hello, my trade in expired while sitting there, I was credited and no problems.[/QUOTE]

Did you mean the 7 days shipping deadline passed while it was sitting at the facility or the 25 day trade in order expiration?

So I got my "scratched" PS3 game back today and the "scratch" was so small that they stuck a big sticker on the bottom of the disc to point it out. It's literally maybe 1/10th of an inch long and no thicker then a single strand of hair. They must look at these things under a microscope if they feel like they need to find a reason to deny you.

It really must depend on the person inspecting the games. I have sent in resurfaced games from Gamestop.com that have resurface marks all over the disc and they accepted them.

Before anyone asks, they weren't flips, it was older XBox and PS2 games I no longer wanted.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']So I got my "scratched" PS3 game back today and the "scratch" was so small that they stuck a big sticker on the bottom of the disc to point it out. It's literally maybe 1/10th of an inch long and no thicker then a single strand of hair. They must look at these things under a microscope if they feel like they need to find a reason to deny you.[/QUOTE]

That is incredibly unusual. I've had 4 or 5 rejections so far and none were for disc condition except for the tiniest crack in the center plastic on one disc. All my other "damage" was for stomped case syndrome. But the one thing NorAm has never been picky about before was disc condition. At least at one point they were running a disc resurfacing service so we figured they had those covered.

In any case, there's a rather odd trade-in DotD today: Sega Dreamcast system for $10.25. I've never seen an older system like that as a DotD before, and am somewhat surprised they even take them.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']So I got my "scratched" PS3 game back today and the "scratch" was so small that they stuck a big sticker on the bottom of the disc to point it out. It's literally maybe 1/10th of an inch long and no thicker then a single strand of hair. They must look at these things under a microscope if they feel like they need to find a reason to deny you.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me, they sent a PS3 game back to me with a big ol' sticker on it saying there was a scratch. I can't see a scratch on it for the life of me, there was some smears on it that were easily wiped off, but once I did that I can see zero marks the disc.

[quote name='io']
In any case, there's a rather odd trade-in DotD today: Sega Dreamcast system for $10.25. I've never seen an older system like that as a DotD before, and am somewhat surprised they even take them.[/QUOTE]

It's now showing $40.00 for the Dreamcast TIV.

If they send your games back for being scratched just try again. I've gotten one rejection in the hundreds of dollars of books and games i've traded, and it was a perfect condition brand new book rejected for "broken binding". Sent it back and they accepted without issue.

Hell they even accepted my books missing the pack-in cd, some with severe water damage, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back