CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dallow']For You're in the Movies, do I have send in the 360 camera as well?[/QUOTE]

If there is no UPC on the game case itself, then most likely. IIRC the outer packaging says the camera is included :/

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']and now its down to $18.25
glad i locked it in[/QUOTE]

with the way NorAm has been lately due to all the stories, i wouldn't be surprised if they receive yours at $39 tiv, smash the box, and sending it back to you saying case is damaged.

i traded a lot of things into amazon in the last year, but having recently been rejected or defrauded for the last 6 packages (luckily amazon resolved 5 of them and i'm still having a headache and stress of dealing with the last one) i sent in the last few months i think i will be weary of trading in anything else in for a while or at least until there are less stories of all these problems.

in the last 2-3 months, i'm sure i have experience every single problem people have described on this thread (except for hardware since i can't imagine how much of a headache trading in hardware will be if NorAm is already this picky with games).

[quote name='rainking187']I was considering trading in my copy of Dead Space 2 PS3 from the CE, but after doing some checking apparently the UPC on the limited edition inside the collector's edition is different from the UPC on limited editions that are sold by themselves. Weird. I don't think I've ever seen that before, usually it either has Not For Resale where the barcode should be, or it's the same as a regular copy of the game. I guess I'll hold on to it.[/QUOTE]
What was Amazon offering for it? I ask because Best Buy is offering $30 for just the game itself.

http://www.bestbuytradein.com/bb/QuoteCalculatorVideoGames.cfm?kw=dead+space+2&pf=all

So if your local BB is one of the ones taking trades, then you may want to look into that possibility.

That goes the same for everyone else getting rejection notices from Amazon/NorAm. As long as the trade values are comparable, you can just trade them in in-store and buy Kindle gift cards from BB which work as general Amazon credit anyway.

It's just taking an extra step versus just mailing out the games and waiting for the credit to appear in your account.

[quote name='frpilot']with the way NorAm has been lately due from all the stories, i wouldn't be surprised if they receive yours at $39 tiv, smash the box, and sending it back to you saying case is damaged.

i traded a lot of things into amazon in the last year, but having recently been rejected or defrauded for the last 6 packages (luckily amazon resolved 5 of them and i'm still having a headache and stress of dealing with the last one) i sent in the last 2 months i think i will be weary of trading in anything else in for a while or at least until there are less stories of all these problems.[/QUOTE]
Glad I'm not the only one thinking this... Seriously it was ridiculous what I received back after I got the missing disc message... Original bubble mailer looked like it exploded and yet the game case was in suspiciously good condition... And the way the bubble mailer was damaged, there was no way the case or disc could have fallen out. And I had taken photos of the complete game literally seconds before it went into the mailer and even reinforced the package with a lot of tape.

And for another trade in I made recently, I sent all the items in one box(sturdy Amazon box sealed with heavy duty tape). Got a status update e-mail that said 4 of the items were missing. Then finally a couple of hours later I get another e-mail saying all items were received and my trade-in was complete. Glad my trade in went through but something fishy was definitely going on.

I've sent and received many packages over the years and it's funny how the only few incidents are with the same recipients...

[quote name='jkircos']Black Ops back to $39[/QUOTE]

dammn it...already send it in when it was $32...but hey, its better than $18 dollars right?

[quote name='Fallen_Shadow94']and now its down to $18.25
glad i locked it in[/QUOTE]

That's not a guaranty you will get that tub nowadays.

True story on TIV's.
I actually found a store not so far from me where they buy games and pay cash.
Examples:
Def Jam Rapstar bundle $20 ($12.50 at Target)
Dragon Age Origins $23 ($12.50 at Target)
DJ Hero 2 $40 ($30 at GS)

[quote name='nas6034']True story on TIV's.
I actually found a store not so far from me where they buy games and pay cash.
Examples:
Def Jam Rapstar bundle $20 ($12.50 at Target)
Dragon Age Origins $23 ($12.50 at Target)
DJ Hero 2 $40 ($30 at GS)[/QUOTE]

what store is this?

So...I recently traded in a few games to Amazon for the first time.

My UPS tracking number says package delivered (4/1/11). My amazon trade in account says not received yet.

When should I expect credit?

[quote name='infamyRISE']So...I recently traded in a few games to Amazon for the first time.

My UPS tracking number says package delivered (4/1/11). My amazon trade in account says not received yet.

When should I expect credit?[/QUOTE]

3-5 days

[quote name='infamyRISE']So...I recently traded in a few games to Amazon for the first time.

When should I expect credit?[/QUOTE]

2-4 business days is the usual for me. Since your stuff got there on Friday, I'd say next Thursday at the latest - but I'd put money on Wed Morning.

Locked in a $70 TIV on my Hori Real Arcade Pro EX SE that's been sitting in my closet for a year. Amazon Prime makes me buy things I don't need or won't use just because I can have them here in 2 days.

Can someone tell me how long trade-in's stay "active"/"open" in your account now? I have Dead Space 2 that I put in for trade Feb 22 and it's still available as an "open trade-in" and has not moved down to "closed trade-in".

[quote name='nas6034']Can someone tell me how long trade-in's stay "active"/"open" in your account now? I have Dead Space 2 that I put in for trade Feb 22 and it's still available as an "open trade-in" and has not moved down to "closed trade-in".[/QUOTE]

its supposed to be 25 days, but for some reason sometimes they auto-expire close. I have a mlb 10 thats like 2 months old.. I just havent cancelled it myself for the heck of it.

Is anyone else having problem creating a shipping label for new trade-ins? I keep on getting error messages after the submit page.

[quote name='edson13']its supposed to be 25 days, but for some reason sometimes they auto-expire close. I have a mlb 10 thats like 2 months old.. I just havent cancelled it myself for the heck of it.

Is anyone else having problem creating a shipping label for new trade-ins? I keep on getting error messages after the submit page.[/QUOTE]

No I just did one with no problems.

Edit: First one was fine but there was a problem with the second.

Last edited by a moderator:
I lov trading in stuff to amazon
never had problems with them
I tend to buy games when they are on sale IE Kingdom Hearts:BBS i bought when it was on sale for $20 and Criss Core for $25 and used a $10 off coupon from Kingdom Hearst Re:coded and paid $15 shipped.

Then later when my psp messed up i traded it in for $20 credit.
Way better than GS

I just spent 10 minutes painstakingly photographing every single piece of the Halo: Reach Legendary box contents in case Noram decides to pretend something was missing or damaged. The TIV dropped by more than half after I locked in a price. Ugh, I shouldn't have to do this.

[quote name='thegame85']I've trade in tons of games to them and never once had an issue. I just did a relatively big trade in of 9 games...*crosses fingers*[/QUOTE]

I've never had an issue either, but I've also never traded in something that comes in a box bigger than the one my console came in that had about 30 different pieces in it.

Hadn't checked my account for a few days, so I just took a peek, and...

I was credited $80 for the 2 Dreamcast consoles I sent in last week ($40/ea when it was the Trade In of the Day)! I was a little dubious, but I have so many of these things sitting around (and they can be found so cheap) I had to take a chance. Just sent in the console, power cord, A/V, and 1 controller for each console. I did test both of the consoles with a game (both worked fine, although one was displaying text in Japanese! (it was an American unit, but I didn't bother to try to fiddle with the settings to correct it)), and spent about 10 minutes cleaning each one up a little bit, using compressed air to clean out some of the dust, etc...

Getting closer to a new laptop from Amazon, but maybe I'll just hoard up all of my credit until Black Friday again this year... :whistle2:k

Amazon lost my shipments last Thursday and gave me a one time "promo." Credited me all the $113 anyway, but I might avoid sending in more games to Amazon because of this. Their trade in values are getting less competitive anyway.

[quote name='sgaldis']Hadn't checked my account for a few days, so I just took a peek, and...

I was credited $80 for the 2 Dreamcast consoles I sent in last week ($40/ea when it was the Trade In of the Day)! I was a little dubious, but I have so many of these things sitting around (and they can be found so cheap) I had to take a chance. Just sent in the console, power cord, A/V, and 1 controller for each console. I did test both of the consoles with a game (both worked fine, although one was displaying text in Japanese! (it was an American unit, but I didn't bother to try to fiddle with the settings to correct it)), and spent about 10 minutes cleaning each one up a little bit, using compressed air to clean out some of the dust, etc...

Getting closer to a new laptop from Amazon, but maybe I'll just hoard up all of my credit until Black Friday again this year... :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I wish I had that kind of patience to stack up my credit, but there is ALWAYS something I want...

[quote name='martyback']Amazon lost my shipments last Thursday and gave me a one time "promo." Credited me all the $113 anyway, but I might avoid sending in more games to Amazon because of this. Their trade in values are getting less competitive anyway.[/QUOTE]

that's decent. i think the UPS status has to have it say "lost/damage and claim filed" for amazon to credit you right away.

here’s a story of a recent experience:
i sent two packages on the same day and the tracking status says "delivered" on March 14; i got an email for one of them that says NorAm verified it but the status says "item not yet received" and I never got credited for it. The other package never got verified by NorAm even though it was delivered on March 14.

Amazon recently credited me for the one that was verified but never credited to my account. I suppose since NorAm verified it, they assume it was just a technical issue with credit being issued.

However, the other package is currently being held hostage by NorAm since March 14 and never got verified. Amazon chat looks into it and tells me the standard message "you didn't send it within the 7 day time frame and it will be returned to you" which is ridiculous since I submitted on March 3, put it in a UPS drop-off box on March 7, and it was delivered March 14. I assume they really have no idea where it is and can’t issue me credit because UPS tracking says delivered (not lost or damaged) and NorAm never verified, so Amazon assumes it is being returned to me.

Anyways, I politely ask Amazon if I can have a return tracking number since the 3rd Party merchant usually provides one from one of my prior experiences of having my trade in returned (it was a single game trade in and game, manual, and case were all perfect but somehow the case was smashed, I assume by NorAm, and returned to me because they say the case was damaged).Amazon says they don’t have the tracking number at the moment and advise me to contact the 3rd Party Merchant. I asked how do I contact them and the tech support takes forever but finally responds with "please allow 15 days for the return of your item. I am sure 3rd party merchant will try to contact you (I think I can make a baby and it will be born before that happens) and if you don’t receive your items back, please let us know." I reluctantly just say ok I will wait two weeks.

It’s funny when they ask at the end, can I help you with anything else? How do I respond to that when they haven’t even been helpful at all?

Weird - a bunch of trade in values went crazy today. NSMB Wii went from $25 last week to $35 today. God of War Collection wasn't even showing up for awhile, was at $8, and now is up to $15.

A bunch of other titles dropped, but given how these things fluctuate, I'm just going to hold on to the cheaply valued titles for a little bit, since it seems like they'll shoot back up in value after awhile.

Dammnn!!

My xbox 360 elite was rejected because supposedly it was damaged......

Like others on here, i packed it in perfect and i know for a fact it wouldn't get damaged.

so those that got there items rejected because of damage, did you actually get them back damaged and is there any way to resolved this with Amazon????

I can't print my label for some reason and I've tried on other computers.

Could I cancel the transaction and open up a new one with the same games?

[quote name='sfabo']I can't print my label for some reason and I've tried on other computers.

Could I cancel the transaction and open up a new one with the same games?[/QUOTE]

I think its a common problem right now. My trade-in from sunday finally created a label today.

[quote name='edson13']I think its a common problem right now. My trade-in from sunday finally created a label today.[/QUOTE]

Was it telling you
"Sorry, there was a problemTry again to print shipping label."
?

So my trade in says rejected because of a "Damaged-Cracked" game

and my Xbox 360 says "Damage Item"

are these just place holder names so they can just have an excused to return it to you or are they actually damaged?

[quote name='frpilot']that's decent. i think the UPS status has to have it say "lost/damage and claim filed" for amazon to credit you right away.[/QUOTE]

Well actually the tracking number said it was delivered, but according to the rep, it was somehow lost. The fact that a rep 2 days earlier said the merchant had received it made me suspicious.

I suppose the other interesting thing about the tracker, is you can find strange oddities like this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0047ZC19W/

A PS3 160GB bundle for $0.25? I just might have to pass on that. :lol:

I noticed there was a bunch of stuff that dropped to $0.25 today as well (such as an Infamous bundle, Halo 3 ODST collector's pack). I wonder why?

It's probably been covered but I didn't see it in the OP, I don't have the Barcode on the back of my 360 anymore, I'm assuming they won't take it as a trade in, is this correct?

I sent in some games the Saturday before last, and according to UPS they were delivered early Friday morning. On Amazon, it still says they haven't been received. Does this just mean they haven't been processed yet, or does it normally change status when they are received?

[quote name='Costly Chaos']I sent in some games the Saturday before last, and according to UPS they were delivered early Friday morning. On Amazon, it still says they haven't been received. Does this just mean they haven't been processed yet, or does it normally change status when they are received?[/QUOTE]

Normally takes a day or two to process.

[quote name='Trance Addix']Normally takes a day or two to process.[/QUOTE]

Even after they get it though? Like, UPS says it's there, but Amazon say's it hasn't been received yet. The package has been there since Friday morning, but the status of it on Amazon hasn't changed yet. Is that normal?

What time on Friday did it reach there? Maybe it was near close. If there is nothing by tomorrow call Amazon (it would have been at least two full business days). It's not instant so don't worry yet.

[quote name='Trance Addix']What time on Friday did it reach there? Maybe it was near close. If there is nothing by tomorrow call Amazon (it would have been at least two full business days). It's not instant so don't worry yet.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, UPS said it got there Friday morning at 2:00 AM, which is kind of odd. But I will give them a ring tomorrow if there's still nothing, I just figured I'd ask here first to see if that was normal or not.

Thanks for your help though.

[quote name='Trance Addix']No problem. And if there is an issue Amazon is pretty good at cleaning up the mess. How much money do you have riding on this trade?[/QUOTE]

$108.00, it's not that much, but I traded in a lot of my games that I didn't play anymore with the intention of buying some new ones, and now I'm just sitting here impatiently because I'm bored, haha.

Remind everyone(again) that many Best Buy stores now take games in trade, have comparable values to Amazon's AND sell Kindle gift cards(which work as general Amazon credit).

So why risk mailing off your stuff if you don't have to?:razz:

[quote name='Costly Chaos']Even after they get it though? Like, UPS says it's there, but Amazon say's it hasn't been received yet. The package has been there since Friday morning, but the status of it on Amazon hasn't changed yet. Is that normal?[/QUOTE]

No one answered this so I'll take it! YES, that is normal. The status will not change on the trade-in page until it is processed and accepted (or rejected).

traded saints row 2 @ 11$(up from 6.75) and mirror's edge 6.25$. like new. barely used it and didn't like it. Got them very cheap last yr so not bad.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Remind everyone(again) that many Best Buy stores now take games in trade, have comparable values to Amazon's AND sell Kindle gift cards(which work as general Amazon credit).

So why risk mailing off your stuff if you don't have to?:razz:[/QUOTE]

None of my local Best Buy stores take trade-ins, but so far I've traded in some games to their online trade-in department (via DealTree) and have had no problems or any funny business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back