CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Interesting TIVs
please post date+time / console / title / tiv

Long Term

------- FAQ BELOW - LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE -------

condition stuff seemingly pulled back by amazon, spoilered until I can reorg
Notice 4/14/11: New shenanigans abound! There is now a condition field for all trades - all trades are set to "Good" and may be determined to be worse than that ("Acceptable") or better ("Like New"). During the trade-in confirmation process you may choose whether to have an item in worse condition returned to you or just processed at the lower value. It does appear that this might mean that NORAM will start taking games/consoles without original packaging / manuals / etc which might be beneficial to some.

We'll see how this works out! To be added to the core FAQ after its newness wears off.

condition_example.png

Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 and GI60 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE PREVIOUS AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREADS

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Trade-In(s) of the Day
-= Can be found HERE =-

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games
Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051
Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

My cover art (PLATINUM HITS) differs from the pic on amazon, will my trade be accepted?
It all depends on the UPC so just turn your game around, type in the upc into the amazon search box. If the game comes up, then it's accepted regardless of cover art. Click on that result to submit your trade.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began in 2009 and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available for free. There is now also an option to provide your own shipping.

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box? (updated 3/9/11)
Not necessarily - people have sent in multiple boxes for the same trade-in submission successfully. It's even possible to send half at one time and the other half at the end of the valid shipping period. However, it's probably best to always ship everything at once.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

(This is also an option when submitting your trades)

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games. There have been reports of submitting trades up to 15 - 20 days late, but that is definitely ymmv. Send on time for the best chance at success!

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

I do not have the manual, accessories, original box, original included game, etc for a console or accessory I want to trade in. Will they accept it? (updated 3/9/11)
The current wisdom is "probably not" - it's pretty YMMV but NorAm seems stricter than they should be on this. Your chances seem to be better for them accepting a console or accessory without the box / manual / etc if it's older generation or rare. You're more than welcome to give it a shot though if you're feeling lucky - just pack it well and include as much as you can!

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted? (updated 3/9/11)
This is YMMV, but probably not. The UPC is all powerful within the walls of NorAm.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities. Once you submit, you can no longer change quantities on that trade-in batch.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in (updated 1/11/11)?
Maximum of 2 copies within 3 months period

I locked in X copies of a game but I now only have Y available to send. Can I just send in Y without being penalized? (updated 3/9/11)
Yes, you can always just send in a portion of your trade-in order and they'll just credit you for whatever they receive. However, the quantities you submitted for will stay locked in that instance (I think) so if you, for example, submitted for 2 copies and only sent 1, you may not be able to trade any more copies of that game for 3 months (see previous question).

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 2 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck (updated 3/9/11)!
Really? Hrm. While that may be true, they're often better than other comparable places. Your options of what to do with your used games are greater now than they've ever been, so feel free to shop your trades around or just sell them off on glyde/gamestaq/ebay/whatever.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

Can I edit a submitted trade?
Nope - once upon a time you could modify trade in quantities of submitted trades, but that ability has been removed.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?
Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

Strategy guides? I can trade in game/strategy guides? Whaaaaa?
Go to the Textbook Buyback section (http://www.amazon.com/Textbooks-Trad...ode=2205237011). You can either search on the title of a strategy guide you have to see if they'll accept it, or search for guides. The two best search strings to start with are 'prima guides' and 'bradygames'. Might try 'doublejump' if you want to trade in some of those. (Thanks eugaet)

I locked in some hilariously overvalued trade for some weird rare game/accessory/etc that I can pick up for cheap cheap cheap. They didn't accept it. What should I do? (updated 3/9/11)
The truth is that NORAM can reject things for any reason they see fit. While some people have managed to get silly things like a $200 credit for some cheerleading game, it's sooooooo YMMV that often it's not worth the effort. EXPECT REJECTION ON THINGS THAT ARE CLEARLY MISVALUED. That said, as long as you're willing to risk it, go for it!

trade-in promo related faq spoilered for history. promos no longer offered by amazon
---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPARATED BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
Previous promo coupons and their expiration dates (NO ACTIVE PROMOS CURRENTLY):

1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (coupon exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (coupon exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='simpleanarchy']http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/s/r...ield-keywords=xbox+360+console&Go.x=10&Go.y=9

Item #10. I double and triple checked to make sure there wasn't another listing but that's the only one!

I may try ebay or BestBuy at this rate. BestBuy trade in value is $45.50.[/QUOTE]

That might be the best idea, might wanna hurry since I'm sure E3 isn't going to help you in this department. Good luck!

Edit: I'll see if I can throw you a bone when I can, but don't even think of holding it for me.

Bummer, the TIV extension isn't working anymore. I was going to post up the history of the TIV for the xbox to see if this was a momentary spike like the PS2 or if it has been building up.

[quote name='Brenex']Bummer, the TIV extension isn't working anymore. I was going to post up the history of the TIV for the xbox to see if this was a momentary spike like the PS2 or if it has been building up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I'm having some trouble tracking this one down, but the extension sometimes works. I don't know if this is a problem introduced with the latest version of Chrome, but try restarting Chrome and disabling/re-enabling the extension to see if that helps.

In the meantime, you can still access the tiv history directly from ativ.scurker.com:

graph.png

[quote name='BlueLobstah']
In the meantime, you can still access the tiv history directly from ativ.scurker.com: [/QUOTE]

Thank you kindly for the link. I've always just locked into a trade one day, then cancel the next to lock into a new one as the week goes by and try to play the market. :lol: This should make it a little easier.

I printed out my shipping label for my PS3 trade in and it says that it is being handled by AFS. I know that Amazon usually uses NorAm for all trade ins. I guess Amazon switched to AFS since the 3 level system (like new, good, acceptable). Has anyone else noticed this switch?

For those who only use wired controllers and have wireless controllers lying around, the TIV for a :360: wireless white controller (like new) is $16.10. I have a couple lying around :) According to Blue's tracker, it's the highest it has been.

make sure you have the original plastic packaging for that controller or they'll probably give you like $7

kinda done with amazon trade ins right now.

I've got a PSP, all of the bits and pieces, and the box, but the clamshell in the box is missing. Think I can still get the "Like New" price?

That said- i just cleaned up my shelf and I'm sitting on what looks like about $300 in credit. NGP, here i come!

[quote name='nbballard']I've got a PSP, all of the bits and pieces, and the box, but the clamshell in the box is missing. Think I can still get the "Like New" price?

That said- i just cleaned up my shelf and I'm sitting on what looks like about $300 in credit. NGP, here i come![/QUOTE]

i cant wait to see your face when you realize your still $200 short of obtaining an NGP.
;)

[quote name='DudeImGodly']i cant wait to see your face when you realize your still $200 short of obtaining an NGP.
;)[/QUOTE]
I didn't say "NGP, Here I am!".. :)

[quote name='io']There is no "like new" option that I can see. It doesn't seem so bad with the games. The default is "good" and the downgrade is "acceptable". I would assume anything that was accepted before and not returned would qualify as "good" anyway. Stuff that was rejected before (missing manuals, etc) would be downgraded so it really isn't all that different than before except for the option for them to take it for less (which I declined on my trades).

Still, though, I'll be watching here carefully as I have some trades locked in but won't be shipping until next week.[/QUOTE]

You're right I had it confused with my Kinect trade in. The hardware has 'like new' distinctions but the games only go up to 'good.'

[quote name='Xellos2099']Anyone know why when I print out a shipping label today it is address to APS instead of NoArm as usual?[/QUOTE]

I dunno but I just looked at the ones I printed earlier this evening and they say "AFS"... I don't remember if the street address is the same or not. It is 22 Hampton Drive, Hudson, NH. I know it was in Hudson before but not sure if that is the same street address. I guess they just changed names or some such...

I was planning on sending 3 or 4 packages out tomorrow so I sure hope it isn't some sort of glitch.

I think it's been AFS for a couple weeks.

I'm really looking forward to finding out if my PS2 got accepted this week. I think they arrived last Friday. PLeaseplease!!please!

[quote name='jer7583']make sure you have the original plastic packaging for that controller or they'll probably give you like $7

kinda done with amazon trade ins right now.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I just checked and it seems I have a couple of green plastic bags in the box, I don't know if those are it. I looked at the TIV tier and its

-Like new: $16.10
-Good: $14.00
-Acceptable: $9.80

I think I'll risk it and send them in with those bags, those controllers are not used very much.

[quote name='Xellos2099']Anyone know why when I print out a shipping label today it is address to APS instead of NoArm as usual?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='io']I dunno but I just looked at the ones I printed earlier this evening and they say "AFS"... I don't remember if the street address is the same or not. It is 22 Hampton Drive, Hudson, NH. I know it was in Hudson before but not sure if that is the same street address. I guess they just changed names or some such...
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I checked the shipping labels on a couple of items I sent it, Dragon Age: Ultimate from last month says "Noram International" and the PS2 I sent in last week says "AFS", both have the same address. I don't know why they changed the name.

Oh, and by the way, my :ps2: was accepted :whee:I was worried since it was delivered on the 26th and didn't receive an e-mail until this morning :D StrikerTek, thank you very much for giving us the heads up.

just a heads up l.a. noire's tiv doesn't totally suck yet (33.75 for :360: this morning). I know a few people weren't super plussed by the game, so make sure to lock it now if you're thinking about ditching it pre-DLC.

Man, what do they do during the inspection and then return process? I just got my HD-DVD player and Planet Earth (Discovery Channel version) back. The box was horribly beat up. The HD-DVD player seems fine, but with Planet Earth, they stuck a UPC label on the back and a label reminding me it's the wrong version. While the reminder label was easy to pull and left no residue, the UPC label did leave some residue. I opened up the case to check if anything was broken. They flipped discs so that the labels weren't facing upwards, and I could see several fingerprints on each disc. If they knew it was the wrong version, you would think they would not open up the case and check the discs...

YEAH! the first of my 2 GS refurbished PS2 was accepted for $200 today and I finally received the 25th anniv Dsi XL from Nextworth amazon seller. It was 129.00 in good condition - came with everything in excellent condition except no outer retail box. It was well packed in what looks like the original protective inner box, documentation and everything was still wrapped in plastic. Light wear to the outside but no screen scratches. The only wierd thing is that the stylus that inserts into the ds falls out easily and look like it was chewed on a bit... Thus the "good" rating I guess. The fat pen looks unused. Aside from the one ds game they sent as an empty case Nextworth has been awesome...although they seemed to have jacked up all their prices since I bought a bunch of stuff off them.

edit: 2 for 2! Thank you who ever posted the deal. It gets my vote for Flip of the Year!

I was looking for a trade in value for my PS3... it's a 2009 Black Friday 120GB bundle that came with Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and the Batman: Dark Knight Bluray. I see the BF bundle from that year for Killzone + Infamous but not mine. Weird.

[quote name='striker64']I was looking for a trade in value for my PS3... it's a 2009 Black Friday 120GB bundle that came with Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and the Batman: Dark Knight Bluray. I see the BF bundle from that year for Killzone + Infamous but not mine. Weird.[/QUOTE]

That year there were a ton of retailer specific bundles, so it isn't suprising they don't have them all listed. In many cases, these were just plain jane 120gb modles that they dropped the bundled games into, slapped a big sticker on the box and new UPC code sticker over the original one (ie, they did not make special retail boxes like the recent Killzone 3 bundle.) If you can carefully pull off the stickers without damaging the box, there isn't anything to indicate it was not a plane jane ps3 model...you keep the games and just sent in the system as plane 120gb system....just double check by entering the upc number (the one printed on the box) into the amazon search box to be sure.

[quote name='Toss']YEAH! the first of my 2 GS refurbished PS2 was accepted for $200 today

edit: 2 for 2! Thank you who ever posted the deal. It gets my vote for Flip of the Year![/QUOTE]

[quote name='donut']yeah, late to the party, but my ps2 $200 was just deposited (bought a $49 GS refurb)....[/QUOTE]

You do know that I hate you all, right? Here I am sweating over a few not even 2x flips from the BBV sale and you guys made an easy 4x with very little trouble. Had I thought there was any chance that was going to work I would have done it but I though for sure no way would they honor it.

Has anyone traded in Red Dead Redemption for PS3 from gamestop? Didnt GS have some special version? Will I have trouble trading it in?

[quote name='asdad']Has anyone traded in Red Dead Redemption for PS3 from gamestop? Didnt GS have some special version? Will I have trouble trading it in?[/QUOTE]

Enter the UPC barcode and if it shows up on amazon you should be good to go.

[quote name='io']You do know that I hate you all, right? Here I am sweating over a few not even 2x flips from the BBV sale and you guys made an easy 4x with very little trouble. Had I thought there was any chance that was going to work I would have done it but I though for sure no way would they honor it.[/QUOTE]

lol well, I locked in just for one (how dumb) thanks to the op that posted it...I thought I had a fatty...but no...traded all those with the +$25 at the last GS promo...
so then I waited until others confirmed success...
took driving to 3 GSs before finding one in great cosmetic and smooth functioning...yep, I tested each one at the store with a gold disc GTA before buying...staff was patient as it was slow...
and did not ship until Monday (day after last day listed)
I was quite lucky and fully expected a return from Amazon and then back to GS...

[quote name='io']You do know that I hate you all, right? Here I am sweating over a few not even 2x flips from the BBV sale and you guys made an easy 4x with very little trouble. Had I thought there was any chance that was going to work I would have done it but I though for sure no way would they honor it.[/QUOTE]

Io - I originally would have put money down that it wouldn't work either but locked in 2 just incase. When all those positive results were posted I scrambled on the last day to find 2 decent ps2. Had to use the URL trick to print out the shipping label. I was at my second gamestop at 5 pm trying to make the 6:30 pm ups store cut off. 1 didn't work so I had to return it and ship the 2 units separately. I'm on the west coast and it's nice that we can verify the east coast submissions before sending iffy tiv trades. I will be using that strategy going forward. I still can't believe it..sorry to you, didn't mean to gloat.lol

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I traded my copy in I got from GS and they took fine.[/QUOTE]

You got lucky, or the 'new' process allows for an alternate sku to be accepted.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Damn, LA NOIRE just went up $4 and I sent it yesterday :([/QUOTE]

Glad I held out on sending my copy in. I've been rolling the date to send it out by every 2-3 days. Hope they increase the values on more games since that Gamestop 50% more promo is going on.

[quote name='Sway']Glad I held out on sending my copy in. I've been rolling the date to send it out by every 2-3 days. Hope they increase the values on more games since that Gamestop 50% more promo is going on.[/QUOTE]

Should I cancel it and have it sent back? (Can you even do it?). Then again, it's $4, not $40, maybe I should let it go. I've made out well enough on past deals.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Damn, LA NOIRE just went up $4 and I sent it yesterday :([/QUOTE]

That has happened to me before and every time I have e-mailed them and they issued me regular promo credit for the difference in the increase.

[quote name='Deathchamber']That has happened to me before and every time I have e-mailed them and they issued me regular promo credit for the difference in the increase.[/QUOTE]

OK thanks. Did you wait until the item was received/inspected and then emailed?

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']OK thanks. Did you wait until the item was received/inspected and then emailed?[/QUOTE]

Nope, a couple were the day after I sent the game in. I think one was even 3-4 days later.

[quote name='Deathchamber']Nope, a couple were the day after I sent the game in. I think one was even 3-4 days later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks my friend, an email did the trick and I got the $4 :)

So I have the Best Buy version of L.A. Noire. When I type the barcode in Amazon I don't get a result. Should I still send it in? The value is pretty high and I already beat it. What's the chance it will get rejected cause the barcode is retailer specific?

[quote name='xxjonoxx']So I have the Best Buy version of L.A. Noire. When I type the barcode in Amazon I don't get a result. Should I still send it in? The value is pretty high and I already beat it. What's the chance it will get rejected cause the barcode is retailer specific?[/QUOTE]

sent in the best buy version of dead rising 2 and was rejected for incorrect UPC.

Sorry I looked a few pages back to check and see if this was asked already, but if ups hasn't updated my shipping progress in 2 or 3 days is it pretty safe to assume they lost my package? or do they not offer proper tracking on the trade ins i am assuming its the former.

Tried searching and got nothing.

I'm looking to trade in Dragon Age 2, but I have the Bioware Signature Edition. Basically Dragon Age 2 with some DLC codes in the case (all of which I have redeemed).

Amazon's page for this game does not have a trade in button or whatever it is.

Do I trade in as just a plain old DA2? Thought the barcodes had to match or something. Not really sure what to do ...

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Tried searching and got nothing.

I'm looking to trade in Dragon Age 2, but I have the Bioware Signature Edition. Basically Dragon Age 2 with some DLC codes in the case (all of which I have redeemed).

Amazon's page for this game does not have a trade in button or whatever it is.

Do I trade in as just a plain old DA2? Thought the barcodes had to match or something. Not really sure what to do ...[/QUOTE]

Barcodes must match up. If they are different you're SOL.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']So I have the Best Buy version of L.A. Noire. When I type the barcode in Amazon I don't get a result. Should I still send it in? The value is pretty high and I already beat it. What's the chance it will get rejected cause the barcode is retailer specific?[/QUOTE]

I also typed in the UPC from my Best Buy LA Noire too and it came up with Amazon. Mine was the pre-order version though. Mailed it off today:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back