Status
Not open for further replies.

gi60

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Amazon.com Trade-in Home Page

Welcome to the Official CAG Amazon.com Trade-In Thread

THANKS TO DISILLUSION386 FOR POSTING AND MAINTAINING THE ORIGINAL AMAZON TRADE-IN FAQ THREAD

This thread’s primary purpose is to discuss Amazon.com’s new video game trade-in program. The trade-in deal will be updated whenever one is available, and a list of flippable games will be in the second post. PLEASE READ THE TRADE-IN DEAL DETAILS AND FAQ BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Trade-in Deal
No New Promo Yet as of 10/19/09
Details:
Trade-In(s) of the Day

12/10 - Wii - Metroid Prime Trilogy - $ 28

Amazon.com Trading Info

Amazon.com Video Game Trade-In Store

Trade-In Procedure

1. Select Games: Games must be in good condition and your trade-in shipment valued at $10 or more
2. Ship Games FREE: Print a shipping label and packing slip, package your games, and ship them
3. Get a Gift Card: An Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account upon receipt of games

Shipping Instructions

1. Print this entire page. (Packing slip and shipping label once you have submitted a trade)
2. Cut out the shipping label and the packing slip.
3. Make sure your items are in good working condition and include the case and cover art.
4. Securely pack the items in a box or envelope and include the packing slip in the package.
5. Attach the shipping label squarely onto the outside of the package and add your return address.
6. Take it to your nearest UPS Store and mail it by (one week from submission of trade)
7. Or you can ship to:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Drive
Hudson, NH 03051

Trade-In Product Eligibility

Trade-in items must match the exact version displayed in the Amazon Trade-In Store, not be damaged, include original packaging (e.g. the manual, cover art, and case), and be postmarked no later than 7 days after submission. You will receive an e-mail confirmation and an Amazon.com Gift Card will be deposited into your account within 2 business days of item receipt and verification by the merchant. Items not accepted by the merchant will be returned to you approximately 14 days after receipt.

GENERAL FAQ (Updated 12/10/09)

Can I post question on this thread?
Only if you can't find the answer from below. :lol: And please let me know if it needs to be added to FAQ.

Since when did Amazon start doing trades?
The program began earlier this year and is handled by a third party merchant, NorAm International.

What kind of shipping does Amazon provide us?
Free UPS ground ---- USPS is no longer available

Do I have to provide my own box or envelope?
Yes.

Do all my games in the same trade-in submission have to be shipped in the same box?
Yes.

Can I send in sealed games?
Yes. They won't reject games that still have the original shrink wrap.

Can I add Delivery Confirmation and Insurance to my shipment?
For UPS Ground
It already provides you with tracking information.

I don't trust UPS ground. Can I pay for postage myself? What's the address?
Yes. You're more than welcome to do so. The address is:
NorAm International
22 Hampshire Dr
Hudson, NH 03051

When do I have to send my games once I have submitted my trade order?
You have 1 week (7 days) to send your games.

Crap, I have one day to go before my shipment deadline, but the website states that my deadline has already passed. How do I print out a shipping label and packing slip?
Load up any existing order (if you don't have any, check your browser's history), and substitute the transaction ID for the trade-in order you need at the end of the URL.

How long does the whole trade-in process usually take?
From the time you send in your games, it may take up to 14 business days for the package to arrive. Most people usually receive their credit (Amazon GiftCard) in 3 to 5 business days, however.

How long does the "processing" status usually take?
Usually with no delay, but the longest reported days so far is 4.

My games were received on Friday (based on Delivery Confirmation), will I have to wait until Monday to receive credit?
People have received credit on a Saturday.

I do not have the manual, cover art, or original case for a game I want to trade in. Will they accept it?
While the details specifically state that original packaging is necessary, people have reported in the past that their trades were accepted despite missing some of these. This is extremely YMMV, however since some were also rejected by missing manual or cover art. On the other hand, older gen games; such as SNES, N64, and GB cartridges, normally get accepted without the original box and manual, but still YMMV.
It's always better if you trade your non-complete game as an additional credit, not part of the minimum requirement to qualify for the promo.

My game is really beat up, what are the chances they’ll accept it?
This is YMMV. Some people have reported in the past that they sent in games in bad shape that were still accepted. Your best bet is still to trade in games in mint condition. Minor scratches are expected as these are used games.

My game is the Greatest Hits version, but the one pictured on the site isn’t. Can I still trade it in?
Unless the game in question has two separate versions that trade at different values, sending in a greatest hits version is okay.

I have a game from a limited edition bundle, will they accept it?
If the game’s cover art has a UPC barcode, they will most likely accept it. If your game's cover states "Not for Resale" and does not have a UPC barcode, the game will most likely get rejected. Some people have had their games accepted in the past, but this is YMMV.

The UPC barcode is not intact on my game's cover art, will that be accepted?
This is YMMV. Just try it, but make sure to have more than enough for the minimum requirement to qualify for the deal, if available.

I sent in my games, all of which were in pristine condition with the original packaging, but they said that one game is damaged and is now being returned.
Always pack your games well. Put a lot of newspaper around your games in the box to secure them and to prevent any damages from haphazard box cutting. People in the past have requested their entire trade-in order if it’s obvious the damage wasn’t their fault, and Amazon ended up accepting the rejected game. This is YMMV as well.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
Yes. Once you click “Trade in” for a particular game, you may change the quantities.

How many multiple copies of the same game can I trade-in?
Maximum of 3 copies within 3 months period

Will the Trade-in of the Day TIV stay for 24 hours?
It's been reported that there is a limit (maximum # of copies) that will get the promoted TIV so lock yours.

So if I find a good flip, I can just send 3 copies of that game and not worry about Amazon accusing me of stolen merchandise?
Technically yes, but do keep in mind that other CAGs might want to participate in the current deal, and trading in a large number of the same game will definitely lower the TIV of said game. Let’s be nice to other people.

Wow, these TIVs suck!
While that may be true, you will most likely save more money because of the trade-in deal coupon code.

What the fuck? The TIV of a game I just bought for this deal tanked! What do I do?
The TIVs on Amazon fluctuate depending on the number of trades that are submitted, and we really can’t do anything about it. The best course of action for trading in games is to lock in your trade if you already have the games or are absolutely sure that you can obtain them. You can always cancel the trade submission if you end up not finding the games.

LOCK = SUBMIT YOUR TRADE, Don't just put it in the cart.

So if I can edit a submitted trade, can I add other games that weren’t originally part of the submission?
No. Only quantities can be changed. Changing quantity to 0 means you're removing the game completely from the submission; which you can't add later.

If I change the quantity of a certain game I have already submitted for a trade, will I keep the same TIV?
No, It will change to current TIV for all games in that same submission.

Can I use my credit (not the trade-in deal coupon) on items that are not video game-related?

Yes. This is the other perk for trading in games at Amazon since you're not limited to just video games.

Can I use my credit on items sold by third-party merchants on Amazon?
According to the fine print of the Amazon gift card use, some merchants are excluded. Your best bet is to try it on the checkout page of your order.

---- TRADE-IN PROMO RELATED FAQ ---

When do I receive my coupon code for the current trade-in deal, if any?
The Terms of Service states 10 days after Amazon has accepted your games and added credit to your account, but it usually takes 2 to 3 days.

Can I do two different trade-in submissions that add up to the requirements of the current trade-in deal, if any?
No. In order to qualify for any of the trade-in promos, they have to all be in one trade-in submission. You can't add another game later on to make the minimum. However, you can adjust the quantity of the submitted game to make the minimum.

I submitted my trade-in order online, how do I know if I qualified for the current trade-in deal, if any? Is there a confirmation page or e-mail?
No. They will automatically send you a coupon code once they have accepted your shipment of games and credited your account.

Is the trade-in deal coupon in addition to the credit I will receive for my games?
Yes.

Can I trade in DVDs to take advantage of the current trade-in deal?
You may trade in DVDs to add credit to your Amazon account, but they will not be added to the amount you need to qualify for the deal.

Can I take advantage of the current trade-in (if available) promo more than once?
These deals are “One per household” unless stated otherwise. However, you may use a different Amazon account. The credit for your games will be tied to the specific account used for the trade, but the coupon codes for the deals are not.
*However, some people has confirmed that they get multiple coupon by using 1 Amazon account after doing multiple submission.
NOTE: IF YOU SEND MORE THAN 1 SUBMISSION, THE MULTIPLE COUPONS MIGHT COME IN 1 EMAIL, THE CODE IS SEPERATING BY A COMMA.

If the coupon codes aren’t tied to my account, can I use more than one coupon on my next purchase?
No. Unless stated otherwise in the promo details, these coupons cannot be combined with other offers or promotions. IT DOES STACK WITH THE ECA DISCOUNT, HOWEVER.

So if they reject one of my games, am I disqualified from the current trade-in deal, if any?
Unfortunately yes. The best suggestion for trading in games is to trade in $10-$20 more than the minimum for the deal. By doing so, you will still qualify for the promo even if one or two games get rejected.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon on preorders?
Yes.

What happen to the Coupon code if I cancel the preorder?
The coupon code will stay with your account. It will be applied automatically at check-out as long as the coupon is not expired.

Can I use the trade-in deal coupon when shopping from other merchants on Amazon?
No. ONLY ITEMS SOLD BY AMAZON.COM QUALIFY FOR PURCHASE WITH THE TRADE-IN COUPON. Even Amazon's other sites (Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.) do not participate in these trade-in deals.

Trade-in coupon Usage:
1st Promo - $ 50 / $75 Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game Console Only
2nd Promo - 50 % Coupon (Exp: 8/31) - Game and Accessories
3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories
4th Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console Only

If you’re on your smartphone and can’t view the TIVs on Amazon’s website, here’s a link that takes ‘snapshots’ of TIVs. It’s not in real time, but it can give you a quick idea of what the values are on your mobile:

http://ativ.scurker.com (Thanks to BlueLobstah)

http://tradeharvest.x10hosting.com/ (Thanks to kojubat) -- Not working as of 12/10/09

Last edited by a moderator:
^Yeah.. but no-one wants to take over yet.. and the other thread is too large per CheapyD.

I still have a month left here in US and hopefully by that time someone will take over. There is not much going on anyway, so it's been easy to maintain the thread.

Where can I find this promo? On amazon's trade in page I only see one for dvds currently.

3rd Promo - $ 30 Coupon (Exp: 12/31) - Game Console, Game and Accessories

I had my first problem with Amazon Trade in today out of atleast 100 games traded to them since April. it was Wii Play(No Remote) which trades into them at $5 and they said it was the incorrect item. so i just made another submission to them for that game again at $5. Ill keep doing this until they keep it or tradein drops to a dollar : ).. it will end up costing them more sending it back and forth then it would to just keep it.
The TIV for Wii Play with Remote is .50! : )

Hooray for a new thread! I'd be happy to take care of it while you're gone. Just PM me with anything you think I might need to know (although I imagine I can't do anything with the OPs anyhoo).

does anyone know if i can trade in say...3 copies of an xbox 360 game, and 3 copies of a ps3 game (same game, different platform?) or does that count as 6 of a title?

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the other thread closed before anyone saw this:

I'm thinking Amazon trade in is the way to go...

Hotel Dusk $6.50
Dead Rising: $9
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts: $9
Gears of War 2 $12.50
Resident Evil 4 $12.50

What do you guys think about this bundle I might send off to them? (I've done two Amazon trade-ins w/zero problems). I'm a big Goozex trader and I just think I'll get more bang for my buck this way. I have over 3000 points on Goozex and I'll probably not spend them any time soon.
Dusk: 100 points
Dead Rising: 200
Banjo: 300
GoW2: 350 points
RE5: 500 points

What do you guys think? Any other value propositions?

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh the other thread closed before anyone saw this:

I'm thinking Amazon trade in is the way to go...

Hotel Dusk $6.50
Dead Rising: $9
Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts: $9
Gears of War 2 $12.50
Resident Evil 4 $12.50

What do you guys think about this bundle I might send off to them? (I've done two Amazon trade-ins w/zero problems). I'm a big Goozex trader and I just think I'll get more bang for my buck this way. I have over 3000 points on Goozex and I'll probably not spend them any time soon.
Dusk: 100 points
Dead Rising: 200
Banjo: 300
GoW2: 350 points
RE5: 500 points

What do you guys think? Any other value propositions?[/QUOTE]

I think you'd get more "value" using Goozex but if you're not using the points you're sitting on now, it would make more sense to send them through Amazon.

On another note, turns out the package I sent late last month didn't make it to NorAm and I got it back yesterday. I've read that a few had their games rejected for having a different upc. What has everyone been doing with those games? I'm sitting on a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs after getting it rejected at Toys R Us and not sure what to do with it now.

[quote name='Sway']I'm sitting on a Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs after getting it rejected at Toys R Us and not sure what to do with it now.[/QUOTE]

Why was it rejected at TRU? It still gets a $17.50 trade-in at Amazon.

[quote name='dino88']Why was it rejected at TRU? It still gets a $17.50 trade-in at Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I got my copy from Target and the upc wasn't recognized when the person scanned the barcode. After I was done trading my other games I compared the upc numbers on the copy TRU was selling and they turned out to be different. Seems like NorAm is using a similar procedure and I'd rather not send it in knowing there is a great chance it'll get rejected.

[quote name='Sway']I got my copy from Target and the upc wasn't recognized when the person scanned the barcode. After I was done trading my other games I compared the upc numbers on the copy TRU was selling and they turned out to be different. Seems like NorAm is using a similar procedure and I'd rather not send it in knowing there is a great chance it'll get rejected.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I've got that in a package that just arrived at NorAm today. I'll let you know if it gets accepted. I should know by tomorrow.

This might be a stupid question, but I reached the 3-copy limit on 1 title. I want to extend the trade-in period by cancelling and resubmitting. Will Amazon's system be smart enough to realize that and allow me to make a new submission? I don't want to cancel it just to find out that I still have to wait until March to submit a new batch and risk losing the current price.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Looks like this link is no longer working. Maybe someone should pm him to find out why?[/QUOTE]

People seem to prefer yours. :D

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs has a special promo for movie cash or something, and if it has that it has a different UPC and they won't accept them. These are the ones that have been on clearance at Target because the movie cash expired on 10/31. At one point you could trade them into GC/HWV for $20.83--worth a check.

For anyone who ordered from Assassin's Creed II from amazon, what UPC code did it have? Was it 008888525349 ? Thanks.

I sent my rejected Cloudy into TRU.

I took it to the local TRU and they rejected it because they don't know how to think outside the box.

I've traded Cloudy into TRU (mail) before and it was fine.

I just got my Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs trade-in accepted by Amazon/NorAm. It was the Target version (w/the different UPC and movie cash), so it looks like it's either case by case or they finally figured out how to get past the different barcodes. Good luck guys!

[quote name='dino88']I just got my Cloudy w/a Chance of Meatballs trade-in accepted by Amazon/NorAm. It was the Target version (w/the different UPC and movie cash), so it looks like it's either case by case or they finally figured out how to get past the different barcodes. Good luck guys![/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks for the info. I'll have to include Cloudy with my next set of trades.

Just a heads up I made an updated thread here to take care of while gi60 is away. I think the plan is for this one to be closed, but I'm waiting on gi60 to confirm.

It is so random... But I remembered their "issues" and when I was preparing a box with some of the HWV games I realized I had a GHWT lacking a UPC with a "not for resale" thing on it. They will reject that for sure. Luckily I had my own copy with a valid UPC so I just swapped the cover art out. Still, they are pretty crappy for rejecting things like that. Real used game outfits like Gamestop and Gamecrazy know how to, you know, look stuff up :roll:. (And before anyone says something about the "not for resale" aspect, that is intended for the original new game sale. Ie, retailers are not allowed to split up bundles and sell the parts separately - once it is on the used market that does not apply any more).

I also have Cloudy but was just thinking of keeping it. I had no idea it got such a high value actually ;). Though I got mine at $13.98 so it would hardly be worth sending in, especially if they are most likely to reject it (it is the Target movie cash one).

Sending in my inaugural trade with hopes for a problem free transaction. The value went up for some reason, so I ditched the previous price lock.

Kind of surprised at the increase when GS value is pretty low in relation.

Guys i'm new to this amazon trading deal, how do you find out if there is a current promotion deal going on? Is there one going on right now because I have about 200.00 sitting in my trade in cart but don't want to submit it if there is a better promotion coming.

[quote name='Joe Sparxxx']Guys i'm new to this amazon trading deal, how do you find out if there is a current promotion deal going on? Is there one going on right now because I have about 200.00 sitting in my trade in cart but don't want to submit it if there is a better promotion coming.[/QUOTE]

No promo at the moment. You might be safe trading in the newer stuff that will drop in value quicker and save the older stuff. The older game's trade-in value should be more stable, unlike newer releases that are $30-40 this week, but may drop to $20 next week. I believe the highest a trade-in promo has been was for trading in $80 worth of games. So, if you save half your trades you should be fine.

Thanks dino88 I will do what you said and get rid of the newer titles like brutal legend and such. How often do these promotions pop up?

Handsomepete - go ahead and create the new thread

Mod, please close this down once handsomepete done with his new thread.

Thank You all.... And sorry for the trouble.

[quote name='2&2']For anyone who ordered from Assassin's Creed II from amazon, what UPC code did it have? Was it 008888525349 ? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Ooops, I should have specified I meant the 360 version.

The exclusive best buy version with the map code inside has a different UPC (008888220077). The normal one is 008888525349.

What's weird is that if I search for the UPC from the best buy version (008888220077) on on Amazon in their trade-in search, it brings up one result. However if I search using the standard UPC (008888525349), it brings up two results, one the same as what comes up when searching using the best buy UPC, and another listing with about half the trade-in value. It's really weird that they have the bestuy UPC listed here:
http://amapedia.amazon.com/view/Assassin's+Creed+II/asin=B00269DXCK

So, I guess what I'm worried about is if I trade my copy in that they won't recognize the correct UPC and won't give credit or only give the lower priced credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back