Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I saw the following (all PS3):
Uncharted 50% off - $14.99 - 1 copy
LittleBIGPlanet 50% off - $29.99 - 4 copies
Prince of Persia 50% off - $14.99 - 3 copies
Medal of Honor Airborne 75% off - $7.49 - 2 copies
MK vs DCU 75% off - $14.99 - 5 copies

The only game I was interested in was Uncharted so I picked that up. Then I went back to the video game section for about five minutes. On my way to checkout, I walked by the clearance rack again and saw a hoarder with a basket and he scooped up everything except for PoP.

HEY HOARDER: fuck YOU!!!

Wish I could find Gears of War 2 for $17.xx-$18.xx I wonder if there is some kind of trend here? Do the best sales usually only get taken advantage of in smaller cities/towns?

Castlevania judgement, Tecmo Bowl DS, and Rouge Galaxy PS2 all for $5 at the Melrose Park, IL Bestbuy. Limited qualities as of yesterday.

[quote name='Lord Hamm']He went back in the storeroom and found they were in a bin and they were going to be shipped back to the manufacturer, luckily he grabbed a copy for me and told the cashier it was 25 percent off...[/QUOTE]

Niiiice. I had been eyeballing some Populous DS and Ninja Town myself, and they all disappeared at once.

[quote name='jcp42877']Jeez, does ANYONE have a FO3 CE or RE5 CE they will sell me?!
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
No.
I've been able to pick up some of these for 10usd, no epic scenarios like described earlier though.

BuzzTV, which some stores have normal price, some on clearance...$29.99 at the best buy in Boston (Mass Ave. ) ... 1 left, its clearly marked clearance

edit : Best Buy watertown looks to have it full price

All $5:

Sega Superstars Tennis PS3
Prince of Persia on DS
Fracture PS3
Animal Crossing Wii with Wii Speak!
Fifa Street 3 360
NHL 2k9 PS3
Guitar Hero Aerosmith PS3
Rock Band PS3
Naruto for PS3

Best Buy Canada's website has Batman AA listed for $38.83 for both 360 and PS3. I called my local BB and asked if they would pricematch their own website but from Canada. They said they would. Their ad here in the US also says that you get a $10 giftcard with purchase of the game.

So today I got the game at my BB, pricematched, for $41.xx AND a $10 giftcard. Best day ever!

Bin of $5 games in Gainesville, FL
Nothing you can flip except Nancy Drew for Wii. But tax will kill the deal.

50% off bin toward the back of the store.
They still have SR2 CE for PS3

Went to my best buy today to pick up the wolverine strategy guide for .01. Saw a bunch of clearance games on a rack. Found
iconps3.gif
Endwar CE with a yellow sticker 69.99. The sign said yellow sticker games were 9.99 so I took it to CS and asked, She just adjusted the price to 9.99 no questions. I had a $5 reward certificate so i got both the wolverine guide and Endwar CE for $5.45 after tax. This was at the Dothan, Al store. They also had RE5 CE priced at 69.99 with a orange sticker(14.99). Thought about trying for it too but didnt like the demo lol.

[quote name='cat_tango']Best Buy Canada's website has Batman AA listed for $38.83 for both 360 and PS3. I called my local BB and asked if they would pricematch their own website but from Canada. They said they would. Their ad here in the US also says that you get a $10 giftcard with purchase of the game.

So today I got the game at my BB, pricematched, for $41.xx AND a $10 giftcard. Best day ever![/QUOTE]

Went to same one, but I got a raincheck on the DVD they were giving away. The deal online ended today, so I doubt they'll take it anymore unless you print it out now.

Hey guys,

I was just curious, has anyone ever bought a game from Best Buy and questioned if it was used?

I bought Rock Revolution from Best Buy this week on clearance. I noticed when I bought it that the wrap around the game seemed really cheap and didn't recall ever buying a DS game with that kind of wrap. It also wasn't a perfect fit like most DS games and was especially rough around the edges.

I got the game anyway because it was cheap and the other game was just like it, so I kind of figured it was just the manufacturers process. So, fast forward to today, I go to open the game. I realize there is a point in the back where I can easily open the game, which was also something I've not had with a DS game in the past. Again, I'm still thinking this is just the way they wrap their games at the manufacturer and continue. I open the game and the cartridge is in upside down, which definitely raises the flag a little more. I look in the case and there seems to be some dust in there and the manual has a bent edge.

I know that FYE wrapped the game I traded there a couple of weeks ago, so I know it is possible, but it just doesn't look as good as the original.

I'm just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience. It just seems kind of fishy since there are four things that could contribute to it looking used, one or two I can see, but four really makes me wonder.

[quote name='1NintendoFan']Hey guys,

I was just curious, has anyone ever bought a game from Best Buy and questioned if it was used? [/QUOTE]

I've never had this experience myself, though I have seen individual games marked as "used" from time to time (usually on clearance shelves, not sure where they came from since they don't usually have used games). With a DS game, though, I would think that it would be pretty easy to tell, since the DS saves games to the cartridge itself. Have you tried loading it yet to see if there are any saved games already present?

[quote name='arcane93']I've never had this experience myself, though I have seen individual games marked as "used" from time to time (usually on clearance shelves, not sure where they came from since they don't usually have used games). With a DS game, though, I would think that it would be pretty easy to tell, since the DS saves games to the cartridge itself. Have you tried loading it yet to see if there are any saved games already present?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't come up with any saved mode, though I don't know if they maybe deleted it before selling. It wasn't marked as used or anything like that.

Maybe it was just a fluke because both of the games were wrapped the same way. Just seemed a little odd and was curious if anyone else had this, so i thought I would ask.

Xbox 360 Fallout 3 CE (With Lunchbox) 39.99 @ Bestbuy in Danvers, MA. No sticker, no sign, but there were a couple dozen in a display in the middle of the floor. Asked someone how much they were they said it was 39.99. There were dozens of Guides there as well, they were price checking at 24.99, he said he might be able to get me one for 19.99 (but I don't usually use guides) Game Rang up fine at 39.99. Probably should have waited for the GOTY edition, but I have impulse control issues....

[quote name='kayatai']Xbox 360 Fallout 3 CE (With Lunchbox) 39.99 @ Bestbuy in Danvers, MA. No sticker, no sign, but there were a couple dozen in a display in the middle of the floor. Asked someone how much they were they said it was 39.99. There were dozens of Guides there as well, they were price checking at 24.99, he said he might be able to get me one for 19.99 (but I don't usually use guides) Game Rang up fine at 39.99. Probably should have waited for the GOTY edition, but I have impulse control issues....[/QUOTE]

The regular game has PLENTY of content, so don't worry too much about not having all the DLC off the bat. Only some of the DLC is even worth owning, anyway. With what you'll be paying for the good DLC, it won't make that much of a difference in the price over the GotY Edition. Plus, you got a snazzy lunch box!

My best buy had quite a bit of $4.99 stuff:
American Idol KR bundle & game only (PS2)
Blitz 2 (360)
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway (360)
GTA: San Andreas (XBX)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3)
Odin Sphere (PS2)
Resident Evil 5 CE
Saints Row 1 (360)
Singstar 90's game only (PS2)
Soldier of Fortune (Ps3/360)
Wall-e (PS3)

They still had quite a bit of leftovers from the same sale marked at $9.99 & $14.99, so hopefully those will be going down to $4.99 in the coming weeks.

[quote name='Bezerker']My best buy had quite a bit of $4.99 stuff[/QUOTE]

Damn; I've already owned a quite a few of those titles, but I'd pick them up again at that price.

I second the "buying all the RE 5 CE's", even though they were probably beat to shit like all the copies still around in the stores near me

We all would have bought every copy of RE5 CE in the store. I would have feinted, and then bought every copy and then flipped them all (except maybe one, for me!)

BestBuy Manhattan 60th NYC, have a bunch of CE for various games but they are not scanning up at $5 but at either 39.99-69.99 dollars. I also asked if they will be getting more Naruto Ninja Storm PS3 and one of the sales associate on the floor told me that game has been discontinued :(

Same thing at Manhatan store at 5th Ave. Best deal is Saints Row 2 CE at 19.xx and CoD World at War CE at 49.xx. Both for Xbox360.

Best Buy in Columbus, OH (the one by Tuttle Mall) had 3 copies of Saints Row 2 CE for $19.99. Picked one of them up. PS3 version, didn't check 360.

Stopped by 2 Best Buys in NJ after work today. Went to the Monmouth Junction one first and didn't find any collector's/limited edition games. Didn't seem to have anything on clearance. It's a newer store so maybe they haven't done a redesign.

Went to the Princeton store afterward (what were they thinking, putting 2 stores within 5 miles of each other in this area) and found Brother's in Arms: Hell's Highway CE marked to $29.99. Didn't ask anyone to check the price though. They had a few other games marked down but nothing exciting.

Hell's Highway for $29.99 isn't halfbad. Solid game and pretty long, but the "extras" in the CE isn't much to talk about. Whether or not to get the CE depends on how cheap you could get the regular version for really.

Best Buy along Queens Blvd at Grand Newton. (Queens, NY)
Bought 2 Singstar Country Pack for PS2 (includes games and 2 mics).
Scanned was $49.99, got it for $4.99 each.
It had a sticker saying Special Price $4.99. The cashier had to call the manager over to enter the code to make the price adjustment. But I managed to get it =)
There were 6 left when I left, all with the special price sticker.

[quote name='MeGaWC27']Best Buy along Queens Blvd at Grand Newton. (Queens, NY)
Bought 2 Singstar Country Pack for PS2 (includes games and 2 mics).
Scanned was $49.99, got it for $4.99 each.
It had a sticker saying Special Price $4.99. The cashier had to call the manager over to enter the code to make the price adjustment. But I managed to get it =)
There were 6 left when I left, all with the special price sticker.[/QUOTE]

I was just there today too! I picked up a copy of Animal Crossing City Folk with Wii Speak for $20 last saturday. Almost picked up a copy of Tecmo Bowl for DS for $10 but passed.

Have you guys in Manhattan seen the Socom with headset Bundle on sale still? I saw it a few weeks ago but wasn't interested since I had no ps3.. I'm thinking about picking it up now since I'm planning to get the system. Thanks in advance.

If nobody responds, I'll post an update as to what I see when I go to BB.

Bah. Both of the Best Buys that I frequent here that had significant clearance shelves seem to have gotten rid of them and moved the games back to the regular shelves (back at full price, apparently). If they couldn't sell the crap that was left on clearance for $10, how do they figure they're going to sell it at full price? And there I'd been hoping they'd add a new round of clearance titles soon. :cry:

[quote name='arcane93']Bah. Both of the Best Buys that I frequent here that had significant clearance shelves seem to have gotten rid of them and moved the games back to the regular shelves (back at full price, apparently). If they couldn't sell the crap that was left on clearance for $10, how do they figure they're going to sell it at full price? And there I'd been hoping they'd add a new round of clearance titles soon. :cry:[/QUOTE]
I noticed the exact same thing yesterday. For the past few weeks there was a bin of clearance games up front. Then yesterday, that bin was gone and the games were back on the shelf at a much lower discount.

[quote name='Bezerker']My best buy had quite a bit of $4.99 stuff:
American Idol KR bundle & game only (PS2)
Blitz 2 (360)
Brothers in Arms Hells Highway (360)
GTA: San Andreas (XBX)
Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm (PS3)
Odin Sphere (PS2)
Resident Evil 5 CE
Saints Row 1 (360)
Singstar 90's game only (PS2)
Soldier of Fortune (Ps3/360)
Wall-e (PS3)

They still had quite a bit of leftovers from the same sale marked at $9.99 & $14.99, so hopefully those will be going down to $4.99 in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]

I love it how people post their findings, but don't actually mention the store, let alone state they found this in.

Come on people, it is a YMMV thread to begin with...

Got Dragon Quest IV for $14.99 Henry Hatsworth for $9.99 (more of both left) and a PS3 memory card adaptor for $3.79 at BB in Atwater Village (Los Angeles)

There's a bunch of other stuff marked for clearance 50% off with a yellow sticker with a "C" sharpied on the box or shelf tag highlighted in pink including Alien Syndrome, de Blob and Deadly Creatures for the Wii, each $9.99 after the discount

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']The regular game has PLENTY of content, so don't worry too much about not having all the DLC off the bat. Only some of the DLC is even worth owning, anyway. With what you'll be paying for the good DLC, it won't make that much of a difference in the price over the GotY Edition. Plus, you got a snazzy lunch box![/QUOTE]

Forgot about the buy 1 get 1 50% sale for 360 games. I went back to try to get the Broken Steel/Point Lookout pack for 1/2 off, but Fallout CE for 360 isn't on the list. They gave it to me for 5 dollars off anyway... which brings me to the big Bestbuy YMMV Topic.

I have heard (and with this transaction seen it to be true) that Bestbuy is empowering their associates to act more like a small business and enable them to haggle a bit on prices in order to make a sale.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Noticed the last time I went into Best Buy that several of the title dividers in the bins had small "C"s printed on them. These were printed for games that I would consider clearance quality games and expected that perhaps these were clearance games. The prices listed were not clearance prices. Are these games pre-marked in case they have some sort of clearance sale?

Raw vs Smackdown 2009 LE (or is that CE? - one with the silver box) - $7.49...nothing else worth mentioning unless you like crappy Wii titles.

[quote name='bamf226']Noticed the last time I went into Best Buy that several of the title dividers in the bins had small "C"s printed on them. These were printed for games that I would consider clearance quality games and expected that perhaps these were clearance games. The prices listed were not clearance prices. Are these games pre-marked in case they have some sort of clearance sale?[/QUOTE]

That is a clearance sticker. There may be a flyer near the game aisle that details this. If not, definitely ask some staff because those stickers indicate markdowns.

BB in Rego Park Queens NYC has Halo Wars LE for 29.99 and Madden XX 2009 LE for 19.99 they have a couple of them in the managers special rack.

bread's done
Back