Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='loserboy']So I stopped into the BB located on Roosevelt Rd. in Chicago on a whim. And there sits a rack of clearance games--everything on the rack, pc games, ds, psp, 360, ps2, psp, wii--everything was $2.99.

From what I gathered this started at this particular BB yesterday and it mirrors what I found in LA (Santa Monica BB off of Pico Blvd) on Tuesday of this week (had collector's Saint's Row 2 for $14.99). My guess is that more urban/city oriented BBs (the smaller stores) are running extreme clearance sales. I'll post the receipt later, but it was a big haul, I'm giving some to my kids as gift, keeping a few, ebaying a couple of others. I got all of the following for $2.99 apiece:

PS2
Guitar Hero
Guitar Hero 2
Guitar Hero ENcore 80s
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
Singstar Pop Vol. 2
Buzz Jr.
Buzz Mega Quiz

PSP
NCAA Football 09
Wipeout Pulse

DS
Imagine Teacher; Imagine wedding planner; Imagine Movie Star (I have a 5 yr old daughter)
Hello Kitty Daily
Jumble Madness
Tony Hawk's Sk8land
Tony Hawk's Motion
Guitar Hero On Tour (game only)

There are a few others in there as well, but that's what I can see right now.

There were a few Wii/360 games (Lost via domus) Line Rider, a Cabella hunting game...so if you are in a metro area, check your city store and see what's up...

In total 27 games, 81 dollars.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=217037

The search button is your best friend...

[quote name='darkslime']You're ebaying games? What the hell! Help out CAGs instead. :([/QUOTE]

Aren't you the guy from the Hollywood Video thread talking about hoarding all the expensive games?

When the deal wasn't in my area I stopped reading, perhaps it was clarified that you were kidding?

[quote name='mmmend01']any houston sales, the bb buy me (southeast: pasadena, gulfgate) never have anything on sale[/QUOTE]

That's because you live in **cough** New Orleans **cough**. I mean the oil capital of the world.

[quote name='loserboy']went back, and noticed games in the 14.99 bin had stickers as well, managed to snag a dragon quest iv for $2.99 as well--been wanting that game...hurray for me.[/quote]

holy damn. Congrats man!!!

Went to the bestbuy in Ontario, Ca they had a managers sale going on and also offered buy 2 get 1 free on the sale items. I was able to pick up:

Endwar + Headset bundle for 360 .... 29.99
Tiger Woods 2009 for 360................ 19.99
Eat Lead for 360............................. 19.99 ( They only charged me $.01 because it was my free game.)

Than I went to the BB in Riverside, they had nothing on sale. But I was able to return Tiger Woods and get my money back for that.

So I got Endwar, an 360 headset, and Eat lead for $30 plus tax.

At the BB in Deerpark, IL I picked up:

GH III Bundle for Xbox 360 for 19.99
Rock Band Full Bundle PS2 49.99
WWE Smackdown Collection PS2 3 Disc Set: 9.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 Xbox 360: 4.99
Rock Revolution Xbox 360: 4.99
Sega Genesis Collection PS2: 4.99
Yakuza 2 PS2: 9.99
Ratchet and Clank Going Commando PS2: 4.99

[quote name='Tracid']Singstar ones include mic?[/QUOTE]

No, they were the game only versions. But I already have mikes...so that was fine with me.

BB in town center in Jax, FL has a 75% off clearance rack that's loaded with pretty good games.
SFIV CE
Lips
Folklore
To name a few....

I hate Bestbuy thread bashing motards whining about YMMV threads who don't realize they aren't helping anything by bumping a thread instead of letting it die.

Hey man,

I stay in Chicago and that BB is the closest one to me. Are their any more NCAA (PSP), Wii games, or DQIVs left?

Basically, is it worth going out there?

rock band 2 drum set wireless drums for the wii is 19.99 at bestbuy in addision,il they also had a lot of copies of lips so my hopes are still up that eventually it will get clearanced

[quote name='Infinite217']Hey man,

I stay in Chicago and that BB is the closest one to me. Are their any more NCAA (PSP), Wii games, or DQIVs left?

Basically, is it worth going out there?[/QUOTE]

There was one NCAA which I snagged. And the DQIV wasn't even on the case, it was in the bin with the 14.99 games.

So unless they're refreshing their stock, I don't know that it is worth it.

picked up SF4 collector's edition for $20. Singstar for PS3 for $10. Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for $10.

Pretty decent, especially the SF4. The guy at BB told me they had RE5 earlier for $20. Wish I would of gotten there earlier... Oh well. Time to play with Chun Li!! :0

Saw yesterday in Glendale, AZ Fallout 3 collectors with lunchbox for 47.99 and saints row 2 collectors for 32.99. Web of shadows was on clearance for 14.99 so I picked that up.

[quote name='PlayerXXX']picked up SF4 collector's edition for $20. Singstar for PS3 for $10. Dragon Ball Z Burst Limit for $10.

Pretty decent, especially the SF4. The guy at BB told me they had RE5 earlier for $20. Wish I would of gotten there earlier... Oh well. Time to play with Chun Li!! :0[/QUOTE]

Seriously?! Wow... I think i'm going to have to go to BB and see if they have either of those.

[quote name='s2k']I hate BB and their super YMMV policy causing BB YMMV threads every day.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you bother to post your whine is what makes it worse. Get over it and don't be a troll--why not help folks learn what to do by posting something like this:

Hey, great BB deal. We have a YMMV thread just for BB deals like this right here--u should post it there, and then lock this thread.​

That way, the lesson will be learned, and you won't miss out on a deal because u made someone cry and they never post again. Don't be another 12 year old Halo player...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Estebon']I went to that store and they had jack and S**t. I picked up a coke and walked out the door.[/QUOTE]

Stealing's against the law...

lol

Hey at the Countryside, IL location they have a bunch of games marked 50% off. Some of the games I remember are Eye of Judgement bundle, Singstar PS3, DQ IV, Imagine series, Chocobo's Dungeon, Mushroom Men (Ds and Wii). I can't remember them all but its YMMV

Got back a bit ago from BB in Wilkes Barre, PA.. They have some games marked at 80% off.. Rock Revolution, Narnia, Golden Compass, etc...

I picked up Hail to the Chimp for $3.60 after the markdowns... It was the last one they had..

MAdden 09 Collector's for 23.99. Irony is that this was pretty much the price last year when MAdden went on clearance at Target.

Got the 360 Orange Box for $10 (50% off). I saw one copy of BlazBlue for the 360 there as well but it wasn't part of the sale...yet. Hopefully soon they will put it on clearance because that is pretty much the only SE that isn't on sale. If not I might just pick it up next week regardless of if it's on sale or not. It'll probably disappear soon since this is the first 360 version I've seen in any BB/GS in the area.

Also on a non-game related note all BB's have New Jack City SE DVD for $5. Good deal.

I'm definitely going to my local Best Buy tomorrow. I'll post if I find anything good. My BB has had some crazy good deals when I've gone in, but other times they haven't had one single sale that interested me, or let alone a sale period.

[quote name='PlayerXXX']picked up SF4 collector's edition for $20.[/QUOTE]

What!? Nice find. Wished I had that chance. These BB 'blue dot' clearances are so random; very YMMV.

The San Jose, CA [Curtner x Monterey] has the blue dot sale. It's the version where the more you buy, the more you save, as the average price for each title goes down. I picked up 3 for $30; two for me, one was a b-day gift. Seems like a continuation of the previous $10 clearance & 4th of July sales.

Just one long continuous sale....due to the s-l-o-w economy. Oh, I forgot to lay down at the CS desk for my giftcard.....next time!!

I wish I can find Saints Row 2 CE for $20 like a lot of people here. The BBYs in town have it on clearance, but at only 20% off, despite having about 20+ copies for 360 and 10+ copies for PS3 at one store, and the stack hasn't been touched in at least a week (I've been checking while going to Big Lots).

red dot games were buy 1 get 1 free
i only figured this out bc i asked the guy with the word manager on his blue tee
everything was basically crap but i found dangerous hunts 2009 for the sexbox. luckily there were lots of cool accessories that qualified too

[quote name='ITDEFX']Best Buy Fairlakes, VA had a dozen or so Madden 09 Collectors Edition for 10 bucks![/QUOTE]

Wow, I never see any worthwhile clearance at the Fairlakes store . . . too bad I'm not the least bit interested in Madden. Did they have anything else on clearance there?

[quote name='miktau']Price matched the wii sports tru ad and got the $ 20 gift card which I used on an extra motion plus.[/QUOTE]

My Best Buy refused to pricematch it because it was a 'Rewards R Us' deal...

BB Cedar Hill, TX is having its own variance on the clearance craze. Select titles marked with star stickers are $14.99. Most of the titles are fodder, but there were a few notables.

PS3:
Disgaea 3
Singstar Vol. 1 (no mics)
Singstar Vol. 2 w/ mics
Madden 09 (In Spanish)

PS2:
Rogue Galaxy (they just can't seem to get rid of these)

There are quite a few other games. Sorry I'm still a bit new here. Will be sure to make better note of the titles I see.

Note: The games will not ring up $14.99, so remind the cashier. I picked up the Singstars and they rang up for $60 and $40, but a manager came and fixed it.

Sioux City, IA has 4 for $40 on clearance. Picked up

4x :360:Fuel
4x :360:Tomb Raider Underworld

Gotta love seeing the price rang up as $430 and slowly work its way down to $85.

Amazon takes Tomb Raider @ $16.25, probably trade in those 4 ad get the +$30 and try to sell for 4x Fuels on ebay or something.

I figure it's YMMV.

Toledo, OH. The one at Monroe/Secor has B2G1 free on random games that happen to have a yellow sticker.

Noticed a few things like Dark Sector, The Last Remnant, but can't remember much that interested me at least.

Found a Clearance section at one BBY today. Wow. Clearance my ass. Rang up at full price, and manager confirmed that those are the correct "close-out" prices. The three I checked were :ds:Dragon Quest IV ($29.99), :ds:Dragon Quest Monsters ($29.99), and Fallout 3 Collector's edition in barely decent condition ($34.99). Close-out prices my ass, that's the current prices everywhere.

I went to a BB today with a pathetic "clearance sale". It was mostly crappy DS games and it was only 25% off. There were about 4 different sticker colors but one of the workers said they all mean 25% off...no special b1g1 deals or anything like that. Until that becomes at least 50% off these titles will be sitting there for the foreseeable future. Also I noticed one of their cages was almost overflowing with copies of the SE of the PS3 Endwar. Had to be at least 20 in there...retail price still. Those will also be there forever since this BB seems to have an aversion to putting games on sale/clearance.

Just got back from my BB and pick up 2 copies of resident evil 5 for 30.00 total. Other games mark down but nothing else worth noting.

I was in the schaumburg store today and they where changing it to 75 percent off all games with the Best Buy sticker on it. Lots of collectible games where going for 12.50 + Tax , look in the regular areas as well, I picked up Web of Shadow for PS3 at 75 percent off because someone marked it with a Best Buy sticker.

bread's done
Back