Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
I was at BB yesterday, and I saw Blue Dragon Plus (DS) with a clearance shelf tag of $14.99. I have a strong suspicion that this is a chain-wide clearance price, but it could be YMMV. There is no listing for it on their site.

Best Buy in Lanesboro, MA has a great cart of 50% off games for everything 'scept PC. Some games I grabbed included

DS:
Retro Game Challenge ($14.99 from $29.99)
Puzzle Quest: Galactrix ($5.99 from $11.99 already clearanced)
Avalon Code ($14.99 from $29.99)
Bangai-O Spirits: ($7.99 from $15.99)

Wii:
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins ($14.99 from 29.99)
Warioland: Shake it ($24.99 from $49.99, didn't grab this as I got it at gs already)

I can't remember much else, but there was a LOT to choose from. If anyone is in the Lanesboro area, go check it out.

I was able to pick up the following so far:
BlazBlue Collectors Edition -360- $9.99
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echos of Time -Wii- 12.99
Resident Evil 5 Collectors Edition -PS3- 29.99
My Sims -DS- 9.99

Not a bad haul thus far!

I saw the BB in Plattsburg, NY had certain games for each system $5.00 if it had a sticker on it. Games of note was Tom Clancy EndWar with headset, Saints Row 2 CE, and Resistance 2 CE for $34.99. The only platform that did not have games with $5 off was PSP.

Far from being a great deal since I've seen it cheaper elsewhere but I spotted a "clearanced" copy of Soul Calibur 4 Premium Edition (PS3) for 39.99 in the Tenleytown DC store...

Cheaper to get the regular edition unless you really want a XL shirt, tin box, tournament board, marker, comic, and a code that I think unlocks things you can get normally in the game.

[quote name='scratchdesk']I was able to pick up the following so far:
My Sims -DS- 9.99

Not a bad haul thus far![/QUOTE]

Couple more turned up:
Super Dodgeball Brawlers -DS- 7.99
American Idol Karaoke Revolution with Mic -PS3- 3.99
Capcom Classics Collection Remix -PSP- 3.00
MegaMan Powered Up -PSP- 3.00
Street Fighter IV Special Edition -PC- 12.99

[quote name='scratchdesk']I was able to pick up the following so far:
My Sims -DS- 9.99

Not a bad haul thus far![/QUOTE]

[quote name='scratchdesk']Couple more turned up:
Super Dodgeball Brawlers -DS- 7.99
American Idol Karaoke Revolution with Mic -PS3- 3.99
Capcom Classics Collection Remix -PSP- 3.00
MegaMan Powered Up -PSP- 3.00
Street Fighter IV Special Edition -PC- 12.99[/QUOTE]

Wtf. Which BB was this at? They were practically giving them away.

[quote name='eau']Wtf. Which BB was this at? They were practically giving them away.[/QUOTE]

Joliet IL Best Buy for BlazBlue, Fox Valley/Aurora Best Buy for RE5, and North Aurora BB for SFIV, and umm Elgin BB for the cheap fodder at the end.

Mind you all those places are now sold out of most the good stuff.

BB in CT

Blazblue LE 360 or PS3 $29.99 (lucky bastards who got it for $10)
Resident Evil 5 CE for 360 or PS3 $29.99
Spiderman Web of Shadows 360 $7.50
Point Lookout Fallout 3 DLC 360 $5
Quantum of Solace CE PS3 $29.99
Brothers in Arms CE 360 $25
Naruto Broken Bond 360 $19.99

I got the 360 version of Blazblue for myself...took a bunch of other stuff here for Amazon flips :D

I saw Naruto Storm or whatever it's called for PS3 today for $29.99. I decided to pass on it but the BB had about 10 copies of it.

Saint's Row 2 LE dropped to $25 for 360 and $24 for PS3 at one store here (still only 20% off at another). They still have the exact same amount of copies of 360, and looks like there's more PS3 versions, so hopefully they will drop to 50% off so I can finally buy it.

[quote name='ahmad_h93']Snagged a Saints Row 2 CE PS3 for.................10$!!!!!!!!

Also available (PS3): GH: Aerosmith and NFL Tour for 5$[/QUOTE]

which bb location?

BB in Janesville, WI has Street Fighter IV CEs for 60% off of retail, and Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway CEs for 60% off of $30.

I've got a question. I just drove to the next town over and picked up BlazBlue for 60 bucks. My friend told me the BB near us had it on clearance for 30- but they are sold out now. What are my chances of going up there and getting a price match? Do clearance prices like that reset once the inventory zeroes out?

I REALLY don't want to return/rebuy thing and risk losing it (since I drove 45 minutes to get it).

Ear Force X4 $139 at Best Buy in Maplewood, MN. Had 2 of them and snagged one. Used a GC and $10 RZ. Brought it doen to $100.

BB in Springfield has 2 copies of Saints Row 2 CE for $24. They never have clearance on anything. Have 2 each of RE5 CE ($60) and Resistance 2 CE ($40). Wish they would drop

What's up with people finding the BlazBlue LE on clearance already? Didn't that just come out? I haven't even seen a copy of that in a store yet anywhere around here, even at full price!

Anyone willing to trade/sell an extra copy of BlazBlue LE for Xbox 360?

No BB in my area had them for less then $60.

For all the complaining about the Sunday BB ads lately, the ongoing YMMV clearance makes me very :)

Its like the old CC clearances--sometimes they were on, sometimes they were off... but good stuff was always to be found for the intrepid hunter.

I found a clearance on 360 controllers w/ Viva Pinata Party Animals (normally $55) for $30, but it rang up for $20. :) Not sure if YMMV.

So is the BlazBlue LE being found at many BBs or just a lucky few finding it sub $30? If it is more than 1 or 2 people finding it I might have to make a run.

Forgot to post this but BB in montgomery Al still having 50% select games. Nothin notable all I remember is:
Xbox 360:
Bee Movie
The Darkness

PS3
Brothers in Arms: HH CE

Brothers in arms would've been nice but I got the 360 version when it was 75% off, so 12 bux is better than 25! Naturally the wii had shovel ware crap.

BB in Prattville has squat on sale but 2 bins of 19.99 or less games for ps3 and Wii. Dug through the Wii bin and saw some lego indiana jones and Star wars TFU, nothing caught my eye in the ps3 bin. But the prices are not markes, so more than likely it's just a 19.99 bin... I hate that BB! Will prob dig in a couple days and see if anythings changed...

My first CAG post is a YMMV until someone outside of my store finds this too.

Best Buy - Fair Lakes, VA

Wireless Controller + Viva Pinata Party Animals for $29.99 (on clearance)

3 left after I bought mine.

[quote name='arthritisarty']First post fail.

There's a Best Buy YMMV Clearance Thread.
This happens a lot; don't feel too bad about yourself.[/QUOTE]

Ouch...

There should be a rule determining whether or not YMMV threads can be posted if the retailer has their own YMMV thread.
Saying such, I still think if this deal is occurring in more than one Best Buy location, it definitely warrants it's own thread. Honestly, not everyone checks the YMMV threads; there are hundreds of pages in there that not everybody has the time to look through.
And, if this is in more than than one Best Buy location, a significant way to get more CAGs to get a deal (that's what we're here for, right?) is to make it's own thread.

I went to BB today to buy W&G:Curse of the Were-Rabbit on DVD for $3.99 on sale, and they had put another round of games on their 50% off clearance. I picked up:
:wii:Wario Land Shake It - $25
:wii:Deadly Creatures - $10
:wii:No More Heroes/Red Steel 2-pack - $15
:ds:Big Brain Academy - $10
:ds:Puzzle Quest Galactrix - $6
:360:Stormrise - $15
:360:Fifa Street 3 - $7.50
:360:Dark Sector - $8
:360:Street Fighter 4 - CE - $40

What makes it even better, they didn't even have the movie.

I just bought a copy of Kingdom Hearts Re:Chains of Memories from the normal PS2 shelves at Best Buy in Liverpool, NY for $14.99. It said it was clearance/sale from a normal price of $29.99.

But I didn't see any of the RE5 or BlazBlue sales, those were still marked at $60.

Does anyone happen to know if the unofficial half off CE games applies to the Sins of a Solar Empire GOTY Edition? Or if the other sale applies to the non-collector's edition?

Either way, that game could be $10. :D

[quote name='Shuino']Ouch...[/QUOTE]

Hey, don't worry, I don't have any hard feelings over it. I wasn't aware there already was a separate Best Buy YMMV/Clearance thread (two year lurker, never once saw it). I knew enough that since I saw it as a clearance item, I put the YMMV tag up, but if anyone else were to see it outside of the one location I posted, I'd remove the tag.

If this thread ever got ugly, I'd just go back to being a lurker. CAG's been good to me these past couple of years, there's no need to mess it up just because I wanted to share a deal too. =p

[quote name='Ccl']Hey, don't worry, I don't have any hard feelings over it. I wasn't aware there already was a separate Best Buy YMMV/Clearance thread (two year lurker, never once saw it). I knew enough that since I saw it as a clearance item, I put the YMMV tag up, but if anyone else were to see it outside of the one location I posted, I'd remove the tag.

If this thread ever got ugly, I'd just go back to being a lurker. CAG's been good to me these past couple of years, there's no need to mess it up just because I wanted to share a deal too. =p[/QUOTE]

TBH I never look at the YMMV thread. So thanks for posting this up as I would otherwise have never seen it.

Way to encourage the OP to post again.

Wow. This coming from somebody who joined almost a whole year later than the OP. Good post OP. Been looking for another controller for a while.

Why so cruel? It's not that fun...

Do you know if there was any mentioning of "Manager Special"? Thinking about stopping by tomorrow...so thanks for the post.

No Manager's Special, it just rang up. When I found the YMMV thread, someone else had found this earlier in the day somewhere else

Thanks, I'll have to stop and look for this sometime this week. Just ordered a 360 and I'll probably want at least 1 extra controller.

Thanks for the post OP...I wouldnt have checked the YMMV thread either so this is def worth checking out.

[quote name='ssssss']
1. I still think if this deal is occurring in more than one Best Buy location, it definitely warrants it's own thread.

2. Honestly, not everyone checks the YMMV threads; there are hundreds of pages in there that not everybody has the time to look through.

3. And, if this is in more than than one Best Buy location, a significant way to get more CAGs to get a deal (that's what we're here for, right?) is to make it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

1. So if 2 stores have the same deal, we are going to have a new thread? GTFO, that will create 50+ threads in a week.

2. Don't have time to check the YMMV thread? Lame excuse, it takes me 1 minute to look at 2 most recent pages of postings. If you don't have time to browse for 1 minute, then GTFO.

3. This encourages clutter and then based on your lack of time you would never be able to read any threads.

FAIL

[quote name='Will']Thanks for the post OP...I wouldnt have checked the YMMV thread either so this is def worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Lazy.

bread's done
Back