Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='metsfanj']i never check YMMV cheers for the post man.[/QUOTE]

Please don't check them. That means I can get more games if you are not aware of potential deals.

Got Saint's Row CE PS3 for $17.99 ($23.xx + 25% off manager's special table discount). And Sins was still $20, but picked that up anyway. :D

[quote name='Xealot42']Didn't see this mentioned but Best Buy has :pc: Empire: Total War (Special Forces Edition) for PC for $29.99.

EDIT - Appears to be an online only deal.[/QUOTE]

If a store near you has it in stock, you can still get it at the online price -- just order it online for store pickup. Alternately, I've had no problem in the past just going to the store and saying "it's this price on the website" and getting them to price adjust.

Surprised to find a clearance table in the Tigard, OR store and pick up (prices after 50% off):

:wii: Castlevania Judgment $19.99 (last copy)
:wii: Blast Works $7.49 (last copy)
:ps3: Legendary $7.49 (last copy)
:360: Blazing Angels 2 $9.99

The rest were rather weak titles like Jericho PS3, Dark Messiah 360, and tons of PS2 games.

I am stocking up on PS3 games But I don't have a PS3 yet scored

_ Motorstorm 2 clearance $10
- MGS4 Clearance $10 _ I have to see what the hype is about.

Winter Garden Village (Florida) Best Buy

Just grabbed the last Tomb Raider Underworld for 9.99.

They had a 9.99 bin, 14.99 bin, 19.99 bin and 25% off bin.

Here are some of the games I can remember.

Space Chimps
Warriors Orochi 2
Might and Magic
The Prince Caspian
Hot Wheels Beat That!

Conan

The Darkness
Crash Bandicoot
Superman

25% Off
Stoked
Brothers in Arms Collectors Edtion
Last Remanent
Rise of the Argonauts
Bikini Squad

Again, this is all that I can remember. There were alot of various games, if your from the area. Check it out.

Seattle Northgate Best Buy has...

$23.99 Saint's Row 2: Collector's Edition, 360 and PS3
$29.99 Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway: Collector's Edition, 360
$47.99 Call of Duty: World at War: Collector's Edition, 360

Rego Park Queens, NY Best Buy

$17.99 - Saint's Row Collectors edition 360/PS3.

I saw about 4 of each left in on the manager's special rack. They also had CoD WaW but no price was listed. From what the sign posted said was that all the items were 60% off.

[quote name='Xealot42']Didn't see this mentioned but Best Buy has :pc: Empire: Total War (Special Forces Edition) for PC for $29.99.

EDIT - Appears to be an online only deal.[/QUOTE]
Awesome! I've been waiting to buy Empire: Total war until it drops to a lower price and the time seems right now. Hopefully I can just walk in the store and get it for the same price.

[quote name='Shimrra']Rego Park Queens, NY Best Buy

$17.99 - Saint's Row Collectors edition 360/PS3.

I saw about 4 of each left in on the manager's special rack. They also had CoD WaW but no price was listed. From what the sign posted said was that all the items were 60% off.[/QUOTE]

FYI, there's a Reward Zone Gamer's Club coupon for $10 off Saint's Row CE PS3. YMMV if they'll take it off in addition to the clearance price though.

Evansville IN best buy has for
Soldier of Fortune: Payback (360) with First Blood 2 Rambo DVD pack for 11.99 on clearance and Monopoly (360) for 23.99
Was going to get Soldier of Fortune but luckily I looked up a review real quick on my phone and put it back. First time I've seen clearance games at my best buy in over a year so I got excited.

[quote name='Josef']FYI, there's a Reward Zone Gamer's Club coupon for $10 off Saint's Row CE PS3. YMMV if they'll take it off in addition to the clearance price though.[/QUOTE]

Cool sucks that its only for the PS3 but my girl might like the game since she has a PS3.

[quote name='Josef']FYI, there's a Reward Zone Gamer's Club coupon for $10 off Saint's Row CE PS3. YMMV if they'll take it off in addition to the clearance price though.[/QUOTE]

Where do I find this coupon? Didn't see it in my email or the gamer's club website.

Fair Lakes, VA Best Buy.

I bought Saints Row 2 CE (Xbox and PS3 versions), Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway Limited Edition for Xbox360 (PS3 was also avail), Tom Clancy EndWar Limited Bluetooth Headset Edition (PS3), and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Limited Edition (PS3). They were all 9.99 each!!!! They have a rack that has Limited Edition games all marked down to 9.99 (Rack only says 50% off). They ring up normal price, but the cashier changes the price and a manager has to come by to confirm. I may go back today to see what they have left, but the only thing that I got the last copy of was rainbow six vegas 2 LE. They still had quite a few copies of Endwar, Saints Row 2, and BiA. I also think that they had copies of Smackdown vs. Raw limited edition.

[quote name='bigdbo622']Fair Lakes, VA Best Buy.

I bought Saints Row 2 CE (Xbox and PS3 versions), Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway Limited Edition for Xbox360 (PS3 was also avail), Tom Clancy EndWar Limited Bluetooth Headset Edition (PS3), and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 Limited Edition (PS3). They were all 9.99 each!!!! They have a rack that has Limited Edition games all marked down to 9.99 (Rack only says 50% off). They ring up normal price, but the cashier changes the price and a manager has to come by to confirm. I may go back today to see what they have left, but the only thing that I got the last copy of was rainbow six vegas 2 LE. They still had quite a few copies of Endwar, Saints Row 2, and BiA. I also think that they had copies of Smackdown vs. Raw limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Hm . . . was that everything they had on sale? I already have SR2 (non-CE, but I don't care about the bonuses) and EndWar, and I'm not sure that I care about BiA, R6V2, or SvsR. Still tempted to take a trip over there after work just to see what's there, but probably not worth the effort if that's all there was.

[quote name='arcane93']Hm . . . was that everything they had on sale? I already have SR2 (non-CE, but I don't care about the bonuses) and EndWar, and I'm not sure that I care about BiA, R6V2, or SvsR. Still tempted to take a trip over there after work just to see what's there, but probably not worth the effort if that's all there was.[/QUOTE]

I think that those were the only limited edition games that they had. Of the non LE/CE games, the only ones that I remember are NFL Head Coach (PS3), NFL Tour (360, I think), Nights (WII). I'm not sure how much those are. They also had some other games but non jumped out at me. I am heading over there in about an hour to see if what they have left. Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was not on the rack when I was there on Wed, but It was there yesterday...I am wondering if they are adding games to the rack on a daily basis...

[quote name='bigdbo622']I think that those were the only limited edition games that they had. Of the non LE/CE games, the only ones that I remember are NFL Head Coach (PS3), NFL Tour (360, I think), Nights (WII). I'm not sure how much those are. They also had some other games but non jumped out at me. I am heading over there in about an hour to see if what they have left. Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 was not on the rack when I was there on Wed, but It was there yesterday...I am wondering if they are adding games to the rack on a daily basis...[/QUOTE]

Heh . . . I'm just surprised because I don't think I've ever seen a significant clearance rack in the Fair Lakes store before. Other stores in the area, yes (Tysons has a clearance shelf, but it's been long cleaned-out of anything worthwhile), but not that one.

Best Buy on Route 10 in NJ (I think it's in East Hanover?) has a lot of games for buy one, get one 50%. But meh, still not cheap enough for me xD But the store seriously looked like it's going to close down as a lot of their aisles are clearing out and they're clearancing out stuff (like a 50 in LCD for $650! though I think it was a display model, but still!).

Was at a Best Buy in Brookfield, Wisconsin and saw a shitload of half off stickers on some worthwhile games across all platforms:

Klonoa (Wii)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Wii)
WWE Smackdown VS Raw 09 SE
Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (PS3, 360)
Moon (DS)
Sonic Chronicles (DS)
Sonic Adventure (DS)
Retro Game Challenge (DS)
The Last Remnant (360)
Nights (Wii)
Stoked (360)

I can't remember any more. Anyone else seeing a sale like this? I'm checking out another local Best Buy to see if it's local.

Probably just local . I was in the Roseville, MN one yesterday and was looking at both of those sonic titles on the DS and they were regular price.

Springfield,Oregon has a big set up for this too, But its all craptastic games... mostly 25% of with the real stinkers being 50% off.

Some of the same titles in OP + other crap

I just came from Jordan Lake, NC Best Buy. They had stickers on a few 360 games, when I asked what the stickers were for, the clerk said there had been a 50 percent sale. I then took the games I wanted up the store manger and he gave me the games for 50 percent off.

Afro Samurai $40 became 20
50 Cent $40 became 20 - had no luck finding this one at target
Eat Lead 30 became 15

Others were
Space Chimps 15 to 7.50
Guitar Hero World Tour 50 to 25
Hanna Montana ??? didn't care the price
High School Music ???
Golden Axe 30 to 15

I looked at Playstation 3 and did not see stickers on any games Sorry

They have a sale like this at my Best Buy in Elizabethtown, KY though wasn't much of anything to jump on, here was a few of the titles I remembered

OO7 Quantum of Solace LE (PS3)
Fallout 3 LE (PS3)
Dragonball Z Burst Limit (PS3)
TNA Impact (PS3)
Hell's Kitchen (DS)
Bleach: Dark Souls (DS)
Rubix's World (DS)
Animal Crossing City Folk w/WiiSpeak (Wii)
Bolt (PS3)
Dance Dance Revolution X w/Dance Pad (PS2)
Namco Fighter Collection (Tekken Tag Tournament, Tekken 5 & Soul Calibur 2) (PS2)
Rock Band Drum Set (Wii)
Rock Band Stage Set
Sonic Unleashed Strategy Guide
Halo Interactive Board Game

They have a lot more, but those were the only ones that stood out in my mind that I could remember, that and most were old sport titles. Hope this help someone out.

They had one set up at the Chattanooga Best Buy, nothing that really caught my eye. Saw Rock Revolution for $2.50, still thought it was pricey.

a few days ago I picked up

360:
Fallout 3 Point Lookout $5.
Rock Band Track Pack 2 $15
Brothers in Arms HH $15

Noticed it's mostly stores doing a reset (been to a couple different ones) so if you noticed they moved the games around... look for the disco rack

I stopped at two Best Buys (Irvine, CA & San Marcos, CA) on my way to see family. Irvine didn't seem to have anything of note at 50%; just the normal clearance stuff like Jericho and tons of PS2 games. However, San Marcos has a huge freestanding shelf right before you get into the check out line with tons of games for 50% that I've never previously seen at those prices. Picked up both BlazBlue Calamity Trigger ($30) and Naruto: The Broken Bond ($20) both for the xbox 360. Did see a number of copies of the collecter's version of the latest WWE game for the PS3 there as well, and a lot of Wii games. The latest Brothers in Arms for the 360 as well, and many others that I can't recall.

I was quite elated to find BlazBlue after reading about it being this cheap in another thread, especially considering it's not been on store shelfs for more than 2 months. There's still 1 copy of it left for the 360 in case anyone is looking for it.

THanks OP...went to the Brookfield BestBuy and picked up Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Collectors Edition for $19.99 (marked 49.99, rang at 39.99 and the Scene-it 2 unbundled version for $9.99, both for the 360. There was still one Brothers in Arms CE for the 360, and a bunch of regular editions for the PS3 along with misc other titles still there.

Gainesville, FL Best Buy notably had 1 copy of Saints Row 2 CE for PS3... price checked it at $31.xx, better than nothing, I guess. (Located on the 50% off rack)

[quote name='hpv']I thought you said worthwhile, I must have read that wrong.[/QUOTE]

It means to go check the Best Buy near you (if there is one) and not be an idiot about it. The very nature of YMMV is that selection can vary (as can the sale) from store to store.

This sale is going on at the St. Louis, MO Best Buy on Eager Road too. I only saw games marked half off in the Xbox 360 section. I remember seeing Dark Sector, the Rock Band Track Packs... wish I could remember more of the titles. Nothing really jumped out at me as a great deal.

[quote name='Rollett']Springfield,Oregon has a big set up for this too, But its all craptastic games... mostly 25% of with the real stinkers being 50% off.

Some of the same titles in OP + other crap[/QUOTE]
Oh, I'm down in Ashland. I could check out the Medford store and see what's up. Looks pretty barren in terms of PS3 games, though.

Best Buy in Sterling, VA has a few collector's editions for 50% off, a $9.99 rack and a $4.99 rack. There were 2 copies of EndWar CE for PS3, WWE Raw 2009 CE, and Brothers in Arms for 360 (I think). The $4.99 rack had The Simpsons, Rockstar Table Tennis and Mercenaries 2 as the only games of note. The $9.99 rack Hail to the Chimp and Blitz II: The League for 360 (much worse than the $4.99 rack in my opinion).

On a side note, they were giving away a $10 GC with the purchase of a select few games. I picked up NCAA Football 2010 and used the $10 off Gamer Zone discount as well. Basically like getting $20 off.

North Attleboro, MA:

6x Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway PS3 $29.99 + $20 off coupon = $10
20+x Rock Revolution Xbox 360 = $5
5+x Moto GP 08 360 = $10
5x+ Afro Samurai 360 and PS3 = $20
3x Crash Bandicoot 360 = $20
2x Endwar PS3 (NO HEADSET) = $10
Guitar Hero Aerosmith PS3 = $5
5x+ NFL Tour PS3 = $5

C&C3 Red Alert PC = $20
C&C Kane's Wrath PC = $15

Those are the notables.

[quote name='hpv']I thought you said worthwhile, I must have read that wrong.[/QUOTE]
Go back to your FPS games, person who doesn't appreciate Retro Game Challenge Klonoa, or Sonic Rush.

Looks like its worth a drive by. I will check out the South Austin store and report anything interesting i see.

So is this the new Best Buy YMMV thread? Why is everyone posting in this one when there is a perfectly good one a page or two down?

Went back today and noticed a couple more.

Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
Afro Samurai
Dark Sector
Eye of Judgement
Stormrise
Zenses
Pipe Mania
Madden 09

Spiderman web of shadows 360 at BB in Downers Grove Il $4.86!!!! Game is 70% off and is on clearance for 14.99. They had about 10 left

[quote name='akokonas']Spiderman web of shadows 360 at BB in Downers Grove Il $4.86!!!! Game is 70% off and is on clearance for 14.99. They had about 10 left[/QUOTE]

Well if its $5, do you mind picking one up for me $10 shipped?

bread's done
Back