Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
is rock revolution on ps3 worth it for 5 bucks?

also I saw HSM sing it for ps2....i think it was 5 bucks and it came with a mic....can u use the ps2 logteich mics for ps3 guitar hero?

thats the only reason id buy it

[quote name='josh62488']is rock revolution on ps3 worth it for 5 bucks?

also I saw HSM sing it for ps2....i think it was 5 bucks and it came with a mic....can u use the ps2 logteich mics for ps3 guitar hero?

thats the only reason id buy it[/QUOTE]

RR is not even worth two dollars, which is what I paid for it at sears. Luckily GC was giving 4 in store credit so it wasn't a total loss.

also I saw HSM sing it for ps2....i think it was 5 bucks and it came with a mic....can u use the ps2 logteich mics for ps3 guitar hero?[/QUOTE]

Haha, I've seen a lot of $5 copies of Rock Revolution at my BB, too. I'm pretty sure it's terrible, but I don't have first hand experience. I've always passed it up. Right now it's selling for $1.95 (new) and $1.78 (used) on Amazon, so that's not a good sign... As for the mic compatibility, I think it can work between PS2 and PS3 but maybe not always between SingStar, Sing It, Guitar/Band Hero, and Rock Band software. For example, the mic you're talking about would work with PS3 Sing It games, but maybe not other music games. You might want to Google that to be sure... :whistle2:k

[/QUOTE]

The Rock Revolution drum set package is usually clearanced if you can find it and some BBY had Rock Revolution, just the game, for $ .25

how'd u know RR was 25 cents?
the thing I hate about BB is you don't know the price unless you take the product to the front to check out...

[quote name='josh62488']how'd u know RR was 25 cents?
the thing I hate about BB is you don't know the price unless you take the product to the front to check out...[/QUOTE]
It was posted a while back, and I think some stores actually marked it at a quarter.

just get the damned RR and get it over with!! $5 is less than the packaging and equipment alone. whether its a crap game or not, put it in your attic (or basement for my friends in the north), forget about it and laugh when you see some places (like a grocery store I go to) selling it for $69.99 still..

For those who don't know, RR was the original music game that started it all - it was just Guitar Hero that started here first whereas in Japan RR dominated. RR was a bit too late here in the States for it to catch on..

Did anyone got to the 23rd And 6th NY or Union Square NY? Those stores like never have sales. I really want that Blazblue for $30/$12

Rock Revolution is worth $5 if you like music games. I paid $4.98 for it at Target last year and felt it was worth it, but I wouldn't have paid more than that.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I thought Guitar Freaks started the guitar trend?[/QUOTE]

you're right. i still have the controllers and imported game for the ps1. played it in the arcades while during the late 90's.

[quote name='anarchyburger']is anyone able to get me a copy of EndWar with ps3 headset?? I'll be sure to pay you for your time. pst if you're interested[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is true for BBs all over, but mine only has the game for $15, no bundles left. They probably clearanced them all out long ago. :whistle2:(

Oh, and I noticed Cursed Mountain for Wii was on the shelf with the original price tag ($40) but the shelf card said it was really down to $16.99. Not sure if anyone gives a crap about the game but, hey, Shipwreck liked it!

Local BB had these for $30 bucks

Wet
Saw

They also had riddick for $15. I've noticed that some stores put out RZ gamer deals for "manager special" for more than the coupons will give it to you. This way, if you get the manager special, the coupon will become invalid. I took riddick up and said, forgot the manager special, i'll use the coupon.

Not sure if its the right thread to ask or not, but is Guitar Hero Metallica PS3 still 20 at BB? I can't remember if that was a sale price or they dropped it to that permanently, it's not even listed on the website anymore.

Found :ps3: Damnation for $19.99 ... then I read the reviews.

This was one of the worst reviewed games I have ever encountered. Didn't buy the game, but I got a huge laugh out of the reviews.

[quote name='flix1']Found :ps3: Damnation for $19.99 ... then I read the reviews.

This was one of the worst reviewed games I have ever encountered. Didn't buy the game, but I got a huge laugh out of the reviews.[/QUOTE]

On that note I went to metacritic to see some reviews and you're right, they're hilarious, my favorite by PSX Extreme:

"Just stay far, far away from this game. If someone offers it to you for free, punch them in the nose repeatedly."

EDIT: This one is much better:

"Damnation sucks at every front. The futuristic cowboy setting is lame, the shootouts are boring and the story is just stupid. Damnation will ruin your day, your marriage and even your life."

thats the only reason id buy it[/QUOTE]

My BB had rock revolution for 50% off $5, so I bought it for around $2.71 after tax. Worth it for the case alone imo.

Also the atwater store has a lot of games on 30% off but 50% off if you buy a gaming system.

Nothing too great but I remember seeing Saw and Saints Row 2

50% off bin (what I could remember)

iconxbox360.gif

Stoked
GH: III
GH: Aerosmith
KoF XII

iconps3.gif

Hannah Montana

iconpcwin.gif

Cake Mania 2

[quote name='techstar25']I just got "Deadly Creatures" for $14.99 at the Melbourne, FL location. They had about three left.[/QUOTE]

Yeah! That game looks worth it just for the cover art AND the voices of Billy Bob Thornton and Dennis Hopper.

The Mount Laurel, NJ store has about 25% of its older/bomba-ish PC games on clearance--no stickers, just shelf labels. Not the best prices ever, but hey:

The Godfather II (PC): $19.99
Crysis (PC): $17.99
Cryostasis (PC): $14.99
X-Blades (PC): $9.99

Also Transformers: ROTF.

The Tekken 6 wireless stick bundle was marked down at my local BB to $99. Not as cheap as amazon but still a good amount off if you'd rather purchase at retail.

The Beatles Rock Band X360 Limited Edition Premium bundle at Best Buy in Brooklyn Center, MN is $110 (Was $249.00). This is a store only price and they had 6 left as of Friday morning and they only have Xbox 360 bundles left. Maple Grove BB has the X360 Beatles Gretsch or Rickenbacker Guitars for $74.99 (Was $100) or one premium X360 TBRB bundle for $209.99. They also have a cart with 30-50% some of the Holiday bin games and some others.

I was at my local BB and was surprised to see a Dragon Age Collectors Ed. for PS3 still there. Later I remembered them having clearance deals on other collectors editions that sat too long. Anyone happen to know the price on it? I'd hate to call them up and have a greedy employee take it after finding out the price.

[quote name='Gbear09']Local best buy had one last copy of Cross Edge for 14.99, picked that one up.[/QUOTE]

That's awesome! I'll keep an eye out for that. (although, I don't think I'll get that lucky)

[quote name='KillerRamen']That's awesome! I'll keep an eye out for that. (although, I don't think I'll get that lucky)[/QUOTE]

Somebody else found it for 4.99. Found an xbox live gold kit for 19.99

Found The Eye of Judgment for $19.99. It'll definitely come in useful when Sony releases its motion controls. Hoping those stupid motion control wands don't cost too much more.

[quote name='Ronin317']I found Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time DS for $10 tonight. Not too shabby...still a $35 game elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Snap! That is a great find.

I picked up the PSP Skype headset for $14.99 tonight, and the 10% off gaming stuff coupon even worked on it which surprised me since it was marked as clearance (both on the tag and on the receipt) .

Amazon.com link

What's up with the price difference on these games?
My best buy has 20 sealed copies of PS3 SoF Payback at clearance for $20. They all have the red sash behind the title, which on Amazon, goes for $120 new/$120 marketplace.

I really doubt they made a game of the year edition. yes, that's a joke.

[quote name='TheVandit']Amazon.com link

What's up with the price difference on these games?
My best buy has 20 sealed copies of PS3 SoF Payback at clearance for $20. They all have the red sash behind the title, which on Amazon, goes for $120 new/$120 marketplace.

I really doubt they made a game of the year edition. yes, that's a joke.[/QUOTE]
I picked it up for $9.99 during the Best Buy $10 sale mid-last year. With a huge backlog of games, who knows if I'll ever get to play it ... now, if I can make any money on it ...

YMMV BLAZBLUE CE (360) $20, SMT: DEVIL SURVIVOR (DS) $10 + MORE BEST BUY B&M CLEARANCE

I found these games on clearance today at a B&M Best Buy in Lancaster, OH:

BlazBlue: CE (360) - $20
Cross Edge (PS3) - $10
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (DS) - $10
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (DS) - $10
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (DS) - $10
LocoRoco 2 (PSP) - $10

All of these had hand-written tags and were in a separate area from the rest of the games. They were mixed in with a bunch of copies of High School Musical 3 (Wii) and Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2). I would say these prices are extremely YMMV, but good luck and happy hunting if you feel like checking it out at your store.

If you're in the Lancaster area, I grabbed the only copy of BlazBlue. They had a few copies of everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back