Official Best Buy YMMV Thread. Post all BB YMMV Clearances here.

bg2001

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Post All Best Buy YMMV Deals Here.

[quote name='SDC']I work in a Best Buy, perhaps I can help.

Clearances at Best Buy are on a store-by-store basis. What doesn't sell in that particular store may eventually be put on clearance, but it is pretty YMMV. It isn't at all a chain-wide thing like Target.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='shurija']Good find on the Metro 2033. $7.50 for it is just amazing; I hunted 4 local Best Buy for it but no luck.[/QUOTE]

^this! Can't find a copy of Metro 2033 at my local Best Buy stores either. Thought $14.99 was a great deal but $7.50 is even better. :applause:

So the buy 2 get 1 free will work with these clearance games as well then? I might have to head on over to Best Buy now and take a look.

[quote name='The Punisher']BB clearance is funny. for example, bb website states Moon for Ds is $20, but in store the game scan for $2.99.

Not sure if this is still working since this was for last week. there is a b2g1 now and on bb website $5+ games are b2g1, but doesnt state "Clearance" or Sale.[/QUOTE]in-store depends on alot of factors mainly supply/demand that PS3 King of Fighters game has changed several times at my local BB at 1 point it was 75% the $60 price, then $45, take 30% off $45, take 50% off $60 & to more that I can't remember but the haven't been able to sell those last 3 copies for I wanna say 2 Xmas seasons.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Im heading to best buy tommorow and hopefully i can find some $2.99 games and DBZ Raging Blast 2 for the ps3 for $9.99[/QUOTE]

It looks like that DBZ price might be YMMV. I was one of the first people (I believe) to have reported finding it at $9.99 last week. Well, I thought I hit the jackpot at a further away store tonight, when I came across two copies! Had them scanned (and I saw the screen), and they came up $39.99.

[quote name='sgaldis']It looks like that DBZ price might be YMMV. I was one of the first people (I believe) to have reported finding it at $9.99 last week. Well, I thought I hit the jackpot at a further away store tonight, when I came across two copies! Had them scanned (and I saw the screen), and they came up $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, i think its YMMV. Found the last hidden copy at my store for 9.99.

Checked another store and both versions rang up for 39.99.

[quote name='fortunado']The Buy 2 Get 1 Free, is that online only or in-store as well?[/QUOTE]

It is both. It applies to select games online (no $2.99 games), and all games in store

[quote name='YoshiFan1']It is both. It applies to select games online (no $2.99 games), and all games in store[/QUOTE]

That's awesome. I bought like 6 games this weekend when the clearance started; I'll just go return/rebuy them to get the 3rd one free. Thanks! :bouncy:

So I bought about 12 games last week during the clearance event only to hear about the Buy 2 Get 1 Free event yesterday. I decided to do a return/rebuy on the stuff I had purchased in order to get 3 of those games I had bought for free.

What they didn't tell me is that the prices on a lot of the games I had purchased had gone up considerably. The guy helping me out was really helpful but wasn't able to resell me everything at the exact price I had purchased, but he did do pretty well. This being said, I walked out with an extra game and $30 cash ... not as good as I had expected but I guess I can't really complain in the end.

So if you do a return/rebuy on items you purchased on clearance last week, have the CS employee verify their in-store prices BEFORE YOU RETURN YOUR GAMES and make sure they will be able to match those same prices. I had one title (Castlevania LoS CE) go from $29.99 when I originally bought it up to $59.99 when they were ringing up the rebuy.

Here are the changes I encountered from last week:

:360: Castlevania LoS CE - was $29.99 --> now $59.99
:360: Fallout New Vegas - was $9.99 --> now $19.99
:ps3: Fallout New Vegas - was $9.99 --> now $19.99
:360: Brutal Legend - was $4.99 --> now $19.99
:360: Duke Nukem Forever - was $59.99 --> now $39.99 (price drop)
:pc: Starcraft 2 CE - $49.99 (no change)
:360: Dragon Age Origins Ultimate - $9.99 (no change)
:360: Modern Warfare 2 Hardened - $29.99 (no change)

Hope this helps if you're looking to do a return/rebuy from last week. Just be careful to check their in-store prices before you actually do the return or you may not be able to get your games back at the price you paid. Thanks CAG, I owe the $30 & free game to you guys (as usual). :)

[quote name='fortunado']So I bought about 12 games last week during the clearance event only to hear about the Buy 2 Get 1 Free event yesterday. I decided to do a return/rebuy on the stuff I had purchased in order to get 3 of those games I had bought for free.

What they didn't tell me is that the prices on a lot of the games I had purchased had gone up considerably. The guy helping me out was really helpful but wasn't able to resell me everything at the exact price I had purchased, but he did do pretty well. This being said, I walked out with an extra game and $30 cash ... not as good as I had expected but I guess I can't really complain in the end.

So if you do a return/rebuy on items you purchased on clearance last week, have the CS employee verify their in-store prices BEFORE YOU RETURN YOUR GAMES and make sure they will be able to match those same prices. I had one title (Castlevania LoS CE) go from $29.99 when I originally bought it up to $59.99 when they were ringing up the rebuy.

Hope this helps if you're looking to do a return/rebuy from last week. Just be careful to check their in-store prices before you actually do the return or you may not be able to get your games back at the price you paid. Thanks CAG, I owe the $30 & free game to you guys (as usual). :)[/QUOTE]

That's what's confusing about it. Some of those games were on sale (that ended 7/9 I believe) and some were on a clearance. Your receipt should say whether it was a sale discount or a clearance discount.

I'm about to go to another best buy to see if they have dragon age origins ultimate for $9.99 so I can return the regular one I just bought for $9.99 which is still unopened.

Went to BB and picked up Monster Hunter Tri; was marked $40 but after ring up and clearance taken off it was $15. Also saw Sly Cooper Collection on the clearance rack but at checkout the cashier and manager wouldn't do the clearance since it didn't have a red sticker on it (I have gotten a couple games clearance priced before that were on the rack and didn't have a red sticker). If the clearance had gone through the Sly Collection would've been $15 as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sgaldis']It looks like that DBZ price might be YMMV. I was one of the first people (I believe) to have reported finding it at $9.99 last week. Well, I thought I hit the jackpot at a further away store tonight, when I came across two copies! Had them scanned (and I saw the screen), and they came up $39.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah i found one hidden copy and when the guy at the cash register rang it up it came out to $50.But i managed to find Dragon Age Origins for $10

Green Day Rock Band 11.99 - They also had another version of this game which included some token to download something for 48.99

Got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 360 for $7.99. It was technically marked as a "sale" and not a clearance, but I don't see it on their website or in any sales flyer, so not sure what sale it is from.

It was a version with "Exclusive Sexy Robot Trip DLC Code". Can't wait to see what that is. :roll:

Got DA: Origins for $10 yesteray, they didn't have UE but I already have all the UE content on my HDD from a flip a while back and $10 is still a good price for DA:O anyway. They also had Rock Band 3 for $10 and a bunch of other stuff. Thought about taking Borderlands GoTY up to have it scanned but since the B2G1 was over I decided not to (should have went Saturday could have gotten all three for $20).

[quote name='sgr76']Green Day Rock Band 11.99 - They also had another version of this game which included some token to download something for 48.99[/QUOTE]
That's the Green Day+ version.

Anybody else told Infamous 2 was not in there system? I just got back, the manager was doing the trade, and she said Infamous 2 was not in the database... I had the Hero Edition, so I tried calling up customer service and the guy talked to the manager and she was still saying the game wasn't in the system. I could find it on their website without an issue. I'm going to call around stores to see if they have it, and if they do, probably customer service to complain. Also didn't help the gamer kiosk was down since the computer was being repaired.

I'm a little frustrated to say the least. Didn't help the manager and the guy on the phone had quite an attitude. Wasted nearly an hour on this. Feels bad man.

Ugh, apparently the best buy at Wilkes-Barre PA got rid of all the clearance and now there is a bin of just shitty games. I am talking like $9.99-$14.99 terrible games.

The only good game I saw there was FF Tactics for PSP. Going there today after work, might check the bin again for something.

Went to My Best Buy and picked up a couple of games today.

Brutal Legend PS3 $5
Enslaved Xbox 360 $7
BlazBlue CS Xbox 360 $15
Shaun White Skateboarding Wii $5

I also saw Assassins Creed BrotherHood CE For $45 and Fallout New Vegas CE for $25 but i didnt get any cause i had Brotherhood before and New Vegas doesnt catch my attention.

I just picked up Punch Out !! on clearance for $25

I know that's not the best price but it's the cheapest I've seen it so I'm happy

It was at the Best Buy in Annapolis, Maryland.

[quote name='Az986']I just picked up Punch Out !! on clearance for $25

I know that's not the best price but it's the cheapest I've seen it so I'm happy

It was at the Best Buy in Annapolis, Maryland.[/QUOTE]

Hola, fellow MD CAG. Anything else of interest? I might have to move in on your turf. Columbia and Hanover are disappointing me. And Glen Burnie has always been kind of small and sucky.

[quote name='imacgod']Hola, fellow MD CAG. Anything else of interest? I might have to move in on your turf. Columbia and Hanover are disappointing me. And Glen Burnie has always been kind of small and sucky.[/QUOTE]

No I didn't really notice anything else.

I only looked through the Wii games today but last week I looked through all the games and didn't really see anything very good.

Then again I didn't see Punch Out last week so either I missed it or maybe they put some more on clearance.

I did see Arc Rise Fantasia at glen burnie for $20 last week. And Castlevania Lord of Shadow CE for $30 at glen burnie too. the 360 version I think

[quote name='fortunado']So I bought about 12 games last week during the clearance event only to hear about the Buy 2 Get 1 Free event yesterday. I decided to do a return/rebuy on the stuff I had purchased in order to get 3 of those games I had bought for free.

Hope this helps if you're looking to do a return/rebuy from last week. Just be careful to check their in-store prices before you actually do the return or you may not be able to get your games back at the price you paid. Thanks CAG, I owe the $30 & free game to you guys (as usual). :)[/QUOTE]

mind picking up ultimate for me? i really wanted that game bahh but it doesn't even show up on the site. i've been searching best buys everywhere in new york until i decided oh wow i can probably just call instead.

[quote name='scottman']Got Enslaved: Odyssey to the West 360 for $7.99. It was technically marked as a "sale" and not a clearance, but I don't see it on their website or in any sales flyer, so not sure what sale it is from.

It was a version with "Exclusive Sexy Robot Trip DLC Code". Can't wait to see what that is. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for posting this. I recalled seeing it for $29.99 two days ago when I grabbed my B2G1. Just went back and sure enough it was clearly marked 7.99. Snagged the last copy. Rang up as sale and not clearance for me as well.

Thanks again, wouldn't have nabbed this otherwise. :)

[quote name='Az986']No I didn't really notice anything else.

I only looked through the Wii games today but last week I looked through all the games and didn't really see anything very good.

Then again I didn't see Punch Out last week so either I missed it or maybe they put some more on clearance.

I did see Arc Rise Fantasia at glen burnie for $20 last week. And Castlevania Lord of Shadow CE for $30 at glen burnie too. the 360 version I think[/QUOTE]

Hi! Im from MD (Glen Burnie) too. Yeah, I saw that too last week. They had a few MW2 for 360, but for $29.99. I got Arc Rise Fantasia, BlazBlue, Fist of North star last week. Arc Rise looks like a gem considering Wii dont get much RPG.

[quote name='CAiNiACprime']Thank you very much for posting this. I recalled seeing it for $29.99 two days ago when I grabbed my B2G1. Just went back and sure enough it was clearly marked 7.99. Snagged the last copy. Rang up as sale and not clearance for me as well.

Thanks again, wouldn't have nabbed this otherwise. :)[/QUOTE]

Is Enslaved any good?

[quote name='Az986']I just picked up Punch Out !! on clearance for $25

It was at the Best Buy in Annapolis, Maryland.[/QUOTE]

If u have Sears near by they have it for $9.97. Lucky i scored last copy for $5-ish "Special Sale" only at my local Sears :)

[quote name='The Punisher']Is Enslaved any good?[/QUOTE]

Enslaved: odyssey to the west is GREAT game if u can find it for $10 or less is worth every pennies ;)

Stopped by my local Best Buy and saw
iconwii.gif
Red Steel 2 w/ Motion Plus on clearance for $14.99. Not a bad price.

[quote name='squiggles2187']dead space collectors edition and assasins creed brotherhood are sale priced this week
dead space is $25
and assasins creed is $49[/QUOTE]

Can anyone else confirm this? They are still normal price on the website.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Can anyone else confirm this? They are still normal price on the website.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm AC:B C.E., I just checked in-store yesterday, both :360: and :ps3: are $49.99. My nearest store doesn't have DS2 so I don't know about that one.

Dead space 2 I'm guessing. Damn, i was just at best buy too[quote name='squiggles2187']dead space collectors edition and assasins creed brotherhood are sale priced this week
dead space is $25
and assasins creed is $49[/QUOTE]

[quote name='htown01']I can confirm AC:B C.E., I just checked in-store yesterday, both :360: and :ps3: are $49.99. My nearest store doesn't have DS2 so I don't know about that one.[/QUOTE]
$49.99 online price too.

The $25 price must have been a manager's special with 50% off select clearance games (that is, store specific).

bread's done
Back