Official Bull Moose Music thread! [Bull Moose last post: 07/08/09!]

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but considering that there only seems to be locations in Maine/New Hampshire I never wanted to waste a post.

I'll list the ten locations right here (taken from the About Us page from www.bullmoose.com):

Bull Moose #1
151 Maine Street
Brunswick, Maine 04011
Ph: 207-725-1289
Hours: 9:00am – 10pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #2
Windham Shopping Center
North Windham, Maine 04062
Ph: 207-893-1303
Hours: 9:30am – 11pm Mon-Thurs
9:30am – midnight Fri-Sat
10am – 10pm Sun

Bull Moose #3
151 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Ph: 207-780-6424
Hours: 10am – 11pm every day

Bull Moose 4
Lewiston Mall
Lewiston, ME 04240
Ph: 207-784-6463
Hours: 9am – 9pm Mon-Sat
9am – 5pm Sun

Bull Moose #5
82-86 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ph: 603-422-9525
9:30am – 11pm Tues-Sat
9:30am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #6
Center For Shopping
Sanford, ME 04073
Ph: 207-324-5786
Hours: 9:30am – 10pm Mon-Sat
9:30am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose #7
Elm Plaza
Waterville, ME 04901
Ph: 207-861-5884
Hours: 9am – 10p Mon-Sat
9am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose Music #8
Maine Square Mall
683 Hogan Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Ph: 207-262-0410
Hours: 9am-11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #9
356-366 So. Broadway
Salem, NH 03079
Ph: 603-898-6254
Hours: 10am – midnight every day

Bull Moose #10
456 Payne Rd.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Ph: 207-885-9553
Hours: 9am – 11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

If people could post deals or any specials that are going on at certain locations. Also post which location you went to so we can figure out if they're YMMV for different stores or if all the store are kind the same prices/trade-in value. Another note of interest is that Bull Moose always has new games that just came out for around $45.xx brand new and might be good for price matching at BB or CC.

When I went to the one in Scarborough, ME a couple days ago I picked up a NEW copy of DDR: Mario Mix for $45.97.

I also traded in:

Future Tactics (GC) for $6 a copy (2 copies for $12 credit)
Twisted Metal III (PS1) for $4 credit
Total credit: $16 (paid $6 for all 3 games; gained $10)

I would've gotten less if I had taken ca$h, but I grabbed Mario Mix so I used it all that day anyways.

Plus, I had an old copy of Q bert 3 for SNES lying around and they would've given me $2 for and Robotech Battlecry (PS2) that they were going to give me $6 for, so I just kept those two games.

That's about it, please post any deals promotions that you find and at which locations. I'd also like to see if we could get a small trade-in list going for these stores.

EDIT(1): Edited the title to make this the "official" Bull Moose thread. :)
EDIT(2): Edited the title to say when the last time Bull Moose made a post.
EDIT(3): Edited the title to notify everyone of Wii Preorder Bundle.
EDIT(4): Edited the title to notify everyone that Wii Preorders are SOLD OUT!
EDIT(5): Edited the title by taking out the Wii Bundle being sold out.
EDIT(6): Edited the title to notify Bull Moose was back and posting again! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a cart only copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64 at the Bull Moose by the Mall for $7.97! Now that is some cheapness! :)

Had to share, went to the Bullmoose Warehouse looking for SNES games as I'm giving one as a gift to someone and thought maybe they'd have a few games to throw in with it. It was the saddest 4 rows of games I've ever seen! I'm pretty sure 90% of the games were either Troy Aikman football, Super Wrestlemania or the Super Scope packin game - for the low low price of $5 of course :)

I don't know if he still reads this thread, but if he does he really needs to clearance off some of that stuff!

Well his last post was 5/11/07 and I don't know if he's been on since but he really does need to clearance that stuff off along with the useless N64 NFL and old wrestling titles that are sitting there every time I go in the store.

On a side note I picked up Ogre Battle 64 (cart only) for $7.97 and I got it for half off with my Bull Moose card so it was around $4! That is an awesome deal! :)

[quote name='n8littlefield']Had to share, went to the Bullmoose Warehouse looking for SNES games as I'm giving one as a gift to someone and thought maybe they'd have a few games to throw in with it. It was the saddest 4 rows of games I've ever seen! I'm pretty sure 90% of the games were either Troy Aikman football, Super Wrestlemania or the Super Scope packin game - for the low low price of $5 of course :)

I don't know if he still reads this thread, but if he does he really needs to clearance off some of that stuff![/QUOTE]

Okay this HAS TO STOP IMMEDIATELY! Brett aka Bull Moose if you are listening to this please respond ASAP. I went in to Bull Moose the other day and asked how much I could get for trade-in credit for Without Warning (Xbox) if it was in A quality condition, and they took a copy off of th shelf and scanned it. They told me I would get $3 in credit for it! $3 in credit?! Bull Moose is selling this game brand new for $38.xx and around $22.xx for a used copy! If you are going to sell it for that much at least offer a little more trade-in credit for it! This isn't the only game I've seen this for either and I am sure there are more examples, but something has to be done to make your pricing/trade-ins on some games (particularly older games) more fair/equal to what they would be in at other places. If you're going to take $3 credit for it make sure to only sell it for around $11.xx since that would make more sense.

Also, some recent PSX trade-ins have only netted me around 25 cents each lately and you turn around and sell them for $8.97! One more thing, PLEASE GET RID OF THOSE N64 WRESTLING TITLES IMMEDIATELY!

EDIT: BTW, Circuit City has Wihtout Warning (Xbox) for $4.97 on their clearance rack which is WAY cheaper than $38.xx!

Yeah - I think Bull Moose has gone downhill in their tradein values. I did buy a DS Lite from them last week (my mom wanted one and this way I got the points :) ) and copy of Big Brain Academy. I'm up to getting something for $20 at half price.

I also complained awhile ago that their policy of judging the quality of the games doesn't seem to work well since it is far too open for interpretation from individual workers.

Picked up a copy of Capcom vs SNK 2 (PS2) for $12.97 is used/good condition. Not a bad score, but seriously every day that I go in to that warehouse store I wonder if anyone cares to clean up that games section. I don't mean it's appearance since it is mostly neat/clean, but I mean those tons of N64 games sitting there taking up space...maybe if you use his name a lot he will find his was back to this thread.

Here goes:

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Bull Moose Music

Alright, well the last time I went to Bull Moose they had a Wii in the glass case (it might've been a week ago, and gone now, but who knows)! Anyways if you're looking for a Wii, Bull Moose might have one now! :)

Pretty good deal at Bullmoose right now - Excite Truck is down to $18.xx new. I have a copy ordered for the Scarborough store myself. It's still listed at $50 everywhere else!

Even bigger news! Last time I went to the Bull Moose in Scarborough by the Maine Mall I didn't see craploads of all those old N64 sports/wrestling games! I wonder where they all went? Did they burn them or something?

[quote name='3QGojo']Even bigger news! Last time I went to the Bull Moose in Scarborough by the Maine Mall I didn't see craploads of all those old N64 sports/wrestling games! I wonder where they all went? Did they burn them or something?[/QUOTE]

I found them! They are in grab bags by the counter :)

We're going on a tour of Southern Maine Bullmooses (Bullmice?) this weekend. The wife has a friend who has a CD he's putting into Bullmoose for sale and we volunteered to do the ones from Lewiston down (except NH). So, I think we're hitting 5 or 6 of them on Saturday. Hopefully I'll find some cheap treasure somewhere.

Picked up my copy of Excite Truck last night - after my points it was around $9.25. Now I just have to choose between playing it, Sin & Punishment or the Godfather

I need to grab a copy of Excite Truck dangit.

[quote name='n8littlefield']I found them! They are in grab bags by the counter :)

We're going on a tour of Southern Maine Bullmooses (Bullmice?) this weekend. The wife has a friend who has a CD he's putting into Bullmoose for sale and we volunteered to do the ones from Lewiston down (except NH). So, I think we're hitting 5 or 6 of them on Saturday. Hopefully I'll find some cheap treasure somewhere.

Picked up my copy of Excite Truck last night - after my points it was around $9.25. Now I just have to choose between playing it, Sin & Punishment or the Godfather[/QUOTE]

It's wicked fun - I was really surprised. I think you'd have to have them order a copy for you at this point, they were out in the Portland, S Portland and Lewiston stores when I had them order mine.

I mentioned it before too. Personally, I think they have it mispriced - like maybe they have the price confused with the original release on the SNES (which was really FF IV) which would be worth that much (if not more).

Howdy everyone! I'm Dem, the web guy for Bull Moose, and I'm frankly shocked that Brett's been posting here all this time and hasn't mentioned it. I'll have to poke him later on today and let him know his presence is missed here. I found this forum since our web stats are showing that there's a lot of traffic to our website from here. (Thanks!) I don't have the magical 'look in the mirror three times and say "Bull Moose Music"' web crawling widget that Brett's got, so I'm stuck with Google like the rest of us.

Regarding Final Fantasy 3 for Nintendo DS - Holy @#$@! That's now fixed and should be officially repriced in stores today and tomorrow. The new price will be active in the registers immediately. Thanks for bringing it up; we obviously missed this one somehow during our routine re-prices.

Regarding the website: Slow but sure progress is being made; I've recently revamped and prettied-up the Games page and there's more work to be done cosmetically to the site in general. Suggestions for content or what you'd like to see on the site are warmly welcomed!

FQB Card acceptance on the website is still on the wish list but there might be a way around it through more old-fashioned methods; I'm thinking about it. Inventory reporting is much better than it was with the old site, in that we are now doing our own fulfillment, so if the website says there's a used copy of Tekken 3 available to purchase, there is, at one of the ten stores at least (unless it's sold at the store in the few hours between inventory update uploads to the site). You may notice a pre-order mention for Mass Effect on the top of the games page. I'm working on something else with that right now and will reveal more in a little while once it's all figured out.

I love this thread! Nice to meet everyone!

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

Welcome!

Have you considered having some type of "Ship to store" option? That way if someone really wants to use their card they could just pay for it in store. Personally, it's an option I would use alot if it was free.

We have considered that, and would love to get something workable going, but the hope is to be able to automate the process, and right now there's no function to show which specific store has an item in inventory (another feature we'd like to implement). I expect more features to emerge on the site once the basics are covered...

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

It is great to see the web guy! I really would like to see the FQB card to be implemented for use on the website as my #1 goal! I know I go to the store more often because I can't use the card online. Also, having the ship to store option is a great idea as well! Having more preorders available would also be a great idea.

Now I have a few questions for you.

Do you know when you will be getting any more Wii's in stock?
Do you know what happened to all of those old N64 Wrestling/Football games that weren't selling? Were they put into the grab bags?

Also, how do the prices get set because I have seen some prices that still seem to be higher than MSRP. I have also seen prices online be higher/lower than in the actual store sometimes.

Also, when I try to search for video games I seem to have a lot of trouble finding them...

We are getting a very small number of Wii's in at a few stores today, as a matter of fact (Sanford's got one now, and the other stores should be receiving their shipments as the day goes on)... I expect they'll be gone fast, so hurry!

I can check but I have a strong feeling that all the wrestling games did end up in those grab bags - there was a huge overstock on sports games and I think most of them wound up getting clearanced that way.

As far as pricing, there's a lot that goes into it, but we try to stay as low as we can. I can't really think of a time that we weren't below MSRP, but it's possible that there are some video game titles whose prices have changed and the stickers haven't been updated to reflect that... As far as Bull Moose online vs. store pricing, unless there's a web-only special of some sort, or if the item in question has a release still some time ahead in the future, prices should match the in-store pricing. There might be a few exceptions but basically we use the same pricing information as the registers in the store have when we send inventory/price updates to the website, so they should match.

Video games are a little tough to find online right now, true - it's because we have a feed for image/data information for movies and music, but we don't have one for video games, so all of the cover images and any additional information about the title needs to be entered by hand, which is pretty time consuming. What that also means is that unless we're thinking about it in advance for some reason, a new release video game may not appear on the website at all until just before the release date under the current process. I'm hoping we can focus a little more effort on getting video games updated more frequently, and that we can look ahead a little bit further in time to begin accepting more pre-orders for the big titles well in advance of release date.

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

Preorders are tough unless things have improved. I preordered New Super Mario Bros on the DS when it came out, and tried doing it at Bullmoose to save a few buck. I didn't get my copy until Friday of that week IIRC. It was really frustrating.

How does the pricing on the Amazon storefront compare to instore/online?

Re: game pre-orders -

Believe me, I'm as frustrated as you are about it. Our distribution channels for video games aren't always the best in terms of getting the game on the shelves by street date. Certain titles we can now guarantee we'll have on time (we're pretty good about stuff from EA and from Microsoft recently). We will probably hold off on huge pre-order pushes on items that we're not sure we'll have on the day and date. One reason Mass Effect is up there on the top of the games page is that it's both popular and very likely to be at our store on release date because of the distributor for that title.

Re: pricing methods

There's no real "rule" to how prices compare between in-store/online and Amazon. Well, there is, but it's very hard to explain and changes constantly. Basically the items we list on Amazon are items that have had their "turns" in the stores without being sold. If it's around for X number of days, and it hasn't sold, and we have X number of extra copies, the system will decide to list the item on Amazon, and use other similar listings to determine the price at which to post the item. It checks regularly so the price will frequently adjust itself up or down according to market conditions on Amazon.

So this means two different things, really -

1) Sometimes Amazon's cheaper, especially with an item that is very common - in such cases we might have an item that's in our store at $2.97 listed for $.74. The downside is, you still gotta pay for shipping. Still, particularly with common DVDs, you might find a good deal on items that we have massive overstock on. Amazon's kind of like our flea market.

2) Sometimes Bullmoose.com is WAY cheaper. This is particularly true in the case that an item is super-rare on Amazon. Our store pricing rules favor our customers in these cases, so if an item's really rare and it's been in our store for x number of days, there's a chance that if it's commanding a premium on Amazon that it will be listed there. On the other hand, chances are it's already been on bullmoose.com by that point, and very likely it's listed at our usual price point for an item like that (example: a DVD that sells for $60 on Amazon might still be listed at $9.97 in our store or on bullmoose.com).

It's tricky. We're still working out how to generate more sales without alienating our customer base. When a decision like that has to be made we always side on keeping our existing customers happy.

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

Horay for Bull Moose...
I've purchased quite a few games from there, and I'm pretty picky about what I'm willing to pay for something used...

Jeez, I don't surf these boards enough. I totally didn't know there were so many Maine gamers on here...

FAIL.

Picked up a Wii from the South Portland/Scarborough store. What's with the 11 or so dollars over retail on the price? Oh well, can't complain since I was actually able to find one.

@Mox -

It looks like you bought it at $249.97 - two cents (woohoo! savings!) below MSRP which seems to still currently be $249.99. Is the Wii normally priced at $239? I haven't seen a listing at that price anywhere...

And on a Bull Moose card, too - so if you ever use those points, that's another $10 on top of that since each point is worth $0.50, and you got almost twenty for buying it with us.

Let me know though if our prices are indeed wrong compared to other stores!

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

[quote name='coelacanth']@Mox -

It looks like you bought it at $249.97 - two cents (woohoo! savings!) below MSRP which seems to still currently be $249.99. Is the Wii normally priced at $239? I haven't seen a listing at that price anywhere...

And on a Bull Moose card, too - so if you ever use those points, that's another $10 on top of that since each point is worth $0.50, and you got almost twenty for buying it with us.

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com[/quote]

Dem, I bet he means that we have to use a yellow price sticker to show 249.97, and that the white sticker underneath shows 261.36. We've never charged anyone over 249.97, but that unused white sticker shows a higher price. We should ask the stores to override that price when receiving so that wrong price never shows up until the stupid programmer (me) fixes the code so that visual error doesn't occur.

[quote name='coelacanth']We are getting a very small number of Wii's in at a few stores today, as a matter of fact (Sanford's got one now, and the other stores should be receiving their shipments as the day goes on)... I expect they'll be gone fast, so hurry!

I can check but I have a strong feeling that all the wrestling games did end up in those grab bags - there was a huge overstock on sports games and I think most of them wound up getting clearanced that way.

As far as pricing, there's a lot that goes into it, but we try to stay as low as we can. I can't really think of a time that we weren't below MSRP, but it's possible that there are some video game titles whose prices have changed and the stickers haven't been updated to reflect that... As far as Bull Moose online vs. store pricing, unless there's a web-only special of some sort, or if the item in question has a release still some time ahead in the future, prices should match the in-store pricing. There might be a few exceptions but basically we use the same pricing information as the registers in the store have when we send inventory/price updates to the website, so they should match.

Video games are a little tough to find online right now, true - it's because we have a feed for image/data information for movies and music, but we don't have one for video games, so all of the cover images and any additional information about the title needs to be entered by hand, which is pretty time consuming. What that also means is that unless we're thinking about it in advance for some reason, a new release video game may not appear on the website at all until just before the release date under the current process. I'm hoping we can focus a little more effort on getting video games updated more frequently, and that we can look ahead a little bit further in time to begin accepting more pre-orders for the big titles well in advance of release date.

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com[/QUOTE]

I'm fairly certain at this point Geist is not $45.xx brand new anymore...Check Amazon.com

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4320187-9477768?ie=UTF8&qid=1194485790&sr=1-1

It's good to see you guys respond to the posts that we've had and I am happy to see Wii's becoming more readily available!

Also, what are you going to do with all that space now that you've gotten rid of those old N64 wrestling/football games?

[quote name='coelacanth']@Mox -

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com[/quote]

Hi,

It was priced at $261. This was at the scarborugh store. Like I said, I don't mind too much because I was just glad to be able to find one, and the points I got on my card more or less cover the extra money. It's $249.99 at every other store i've been to, though.

[quote name='MoxManiac_']Hi,

It was priced at $261. This was at the scarborugh store. Like I said, I don't mind too much because I was just glad to be able to find one, and the points I got on my card more or less cover the extra money. It's $249.99 at every other store i've been to, though.[/quote]

Thanks for the info! --- don't worry, though, I swear you were charged 249.97 --- I can reprint your receipt if you wanna see. But if you were charged over 249.97, I'll give you the difference plus 25 bucks for your trouble and my apologies. But what I show is 249.97. Why do you think you were charged higher? I want to be sure you got the right price!

[quote name='Bull Moose']Thanks for the info! --- don't worry, though, I swear you were charged 249.97 --- I can reprint your receipt if you wanna see. But if you were charged over 249.97, I'll give you the difference plus 25 bucks for your trouble and my apologies. But what I show is 249.97. Why do you think you were charged higher? I want to be sure you got the right price![/quote]

Hmm, you know, now that you mention it. I don't think I ever checked the reciept that closely. I remember buying a classic controller with it, so that complicated the total a little bit. I have a feeling you're right about me being charged the correct amount now that I think about it, because I think the total was 280 something, which sounds about right for 250 + controller + tax.

If so, I apologize. I probably should have double checked the reciept. It might not be a bad idea to fix those price tags though, they could turn away potential buyers if the problem extends to other hardware items.

thanks

[quote name='MoxManiac_']H
It might not be a bad idea to fix those price tags though, they could turn away potential buyers if the problem extends to other hardware items.
[/quote]
You're right - we really need to get that fixed -- because even having that price ever shown (even if it isn't charged) makes us look bad. Thanks for pointing it out! You did get the Wii for 249.97 and a Classic Controller for 18.31. (tax was 13.41). Sorry again for the snafu on the price tag, though and thanks for your business!

[quote name='3QGojo']I'm fairly certain at this point Geist is not $45.xx brand new anymore...Check Amazon.com

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002IQOPU/ref=dp_olp_2/102-4320187-9477768?ie=UTF8&qid=1194485790&sr=1-1

It's good to see you guys respond to the posts that we've had and I am happy to see Wii's becoming more readily available!

Also, what are you going to do with all that space now that you've gotten rid of those old N64 wrestling/football games?[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out - you (of course!) are correct on the price - I switched it yesterday, so our website should have been updated - but it didn't - so you helped find a bug we'll have to fix... It did correct the used price, but our new price didn't propagate correctly yet. Hmm... time to kick the computer.

It's funny you mentioned that because I tried to trade in a copy of Geist that I had awhile back at the Scarborough store. I think I was offered something ridiculously low at the time like $3...that's when I mentioned that it was selling for $49.xx brand new and that it didn't seem right. Nothing was done at that point either...and that was 3 or 4 months ago. I just figured if I mentioned the error it would get corrected but it never did, that's why I posted it here.

[quote name='Bull Moose']Thanks for pointing that out - you (of course!) are correct on the price - I switched it yesterday, so our website should have been updated - but it didn't - so you helped find a bug we'll have to fix... It did correct the used price, but our new price didn't propagate correctly yet. Hmm... time to kick the computer.[/QUOTE]

I found another pricing error in the store. I found Elebits Brand New on the website for $36.63 and in the Scarborough store by the Maine Mall it is priced as $45.xx.

I see these types of things happen a lot and I don't know if it's just because people haven't updated the stickers or what?

I saw Guitar Hero III for the Wii online the last couple of days for $77 and change. I wanted to order it but didn't because I wanted to get the Bull Moose points for it. However, I went to the store today (11/28/07) and asked about the price difference since it was $86.40 in the store. To my surprise they tried looking it up on the website and it wasn't there. I felt foolish, but I know I saw it on the website for that price. Any help on finding out if I could purchase this item at a Bull Moose location for the $77 pricepoint would be great!

Thanks,
Mike King

Mike -

I caught that e-mail from you earlier today and responded - sorry to say it was a promotional pricing thing, part of our big "Black Friday" push. There's a chance that there will be other games with fairly low sale prices as the season progresses - if I know in advance, I'll send a heads-up to you guys so you'll be ready for 'em next time around.

Mike also mentioned that he wanted the Frequent Buyer points but couldn't use them on the website - a valid concern - so just for the benefit of everyone else that might be here, though we don't really have a system in place at the moment, I can add the points to your card for online purchases if you e-mail me after you make the purchase. Obviously this will get out of control really fast if this were to happen on a huge scale, but until we have something in place I'm happy to do that for you guys.

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

This is great news about the BullMoose card! I am Mike btw and I am glad you responded to my email quickly! I am also glad you posted it here as well! Btw I did purchase a game on the website recently so I will be emailing you that purchase so I can get credit for it!

Thanks again this is great news! I will start ordering from the website more that is for sure!

[quote name='coelacanth']Mike -

I caught that e-mail from you earlier today and responded - sorry to say it was a promotional pricing thing, part of our big "Black Friday" push. There's a chance that there will be other games with fairly low sale prices as the season progresses - if I know in advance, I'll send a heads-up to you guys so you'll be ready for 'em next time around.

Mike also mentioned that he wanted the Frequent Buyer points but couldn't use them on the website - a valid concern - so just for the benefit of everyone else that might be here, though we don't really have a system in place at the moment, I can add the points to your card for online purchases if you e-mail me after you make the purchase. Obviously this will get out of control really fast if this were to happen on a huge scale, but until we have something in place I'm happy to do that for you guys.

-Dem

I don't know if anyone here's interested in getting their hands on a copy of Rock Band, but I did want to get the word out a little in advance to you guys - this Saturday there will be a VERY limited quantity available at our stores (and not on the website - the thing's a beast to ship!) first thing in the morning. They'll probably go super fast, but I thought I'd give you guys a little bit of advance warning and a collective advantage... Sorry I've been quiet here lately, but the holiday season is kicking my butt in the web-sales and e-mail-answering department!

Cheers!
-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

If I was interested, you definately have the best price on this by far. I checked out the online newsletter and saw that there was free shipping today! I took advantage of this and ordered some games!

Here is my order (I hope they all ship):

1 DOA2-HARDCORE (PS2)- Used $2.97
1 DRAGON RAGE(PS2) - Used $2.97
1 MUSIC MAKER (PS2)- Used $6.97
1 NCAA COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2K3 (GC)- Used $12.97

Product Total $25.88
Standard Delivery $0.00
Maine state sales tax $1.29
Total $27.17

Thanks for the heads up so I could order some gifts for the holidays with free shipping on the cheap! I think you guys should offer free shipping more often around the holidays/special events since it makes it an even sweeter deal! :)

[quote name='coelacanth']I don't know if anyone here's interested in getting their hands on a copy of Rock Band, but I did want to get the word out a little in advance to you guys - this Saturday there will be a VERY limited quantity available at our stores (and not on the website - the thing's a beast to ship!) first thing in the morning. They'll probably go super fast, but I thought I'd give you guys a little bit of advance warning and a collective advantage... Sorry I've been quiet here lately, but the holiday season is kicking my butt in the web-sales and e-mail-answering department!

Cheers!
-Dem

I was just told that the Windham Bullmoose has Atari games - I thought only the Scarborough store carried stuff that old. Does anybody know if they have a decent amount before I bother going there later this week?

Thanks a ton - I may have to go take a gander. BTW, did Bullmoose get any of the DS bundles like the Zelda Gold or Nintendogs Pink? I know someone looking for the Zelda one.

Re: Nintendo DS bundles -

Sadly, no - our supplier's been pretty limited with the bundles for DS this year. We've been trying to get our hands on some of the Zelda bundles and thus far haven't been able to. As far the systems go right now, post-holidays, we've got a few of the DS Lite consoles left at some store locations in White, Pink, Onyx, and Crimson/Black - none of the fancy stuff just at the moment.

If PSPs are your game, on the other hand, we should have more PSP bundles coming in sometime soon... so the variety there should be a little better as the month winds on.

Brunswick also has a used fuschia Game Boy Advance! Let me just get out of the way now so I don't get crushed by the impending stampede!

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

Thanks for all the answers. Here's one I'm not sure if you'll know...is Bullmoose still doing the "levels" of tradein values by grading the game on the condition it's in? I'm thinking of doing a relatively large (like 5-10 games) tradein this weekend, but frankly after the last few times I'm REALLY hestitant to take them in. I've been given different values by different stores and watched the cashiers give me lower grades on games that I literally opened and played maybe 2 times before selling them. It was fixed by posting here with the issue, but I really felt bad having that adjustment be necessary.

If the policy has changed in some way I'd love to know, it would make me much more likely to hit one of the stores this weekend with my stuff.

You guys buy used hardware? How did you end up with a used GBA?

@N8littlefield -

Re: used item grading:

Yes, all Bull Moose stores are still grading used items according to condition; this is somewhat subjective but I think at this point most stores should be in sync with each other (i.e., a "B" at one store will most likely be a "B" at another store). There are some flaws in this system because one set of eyes isn't exactly like another, but for the most part it seems to be working pretty smoothly. In very general terms, the tiers of grading are basically "pristine/mint condition" [A], "very good condition (minimal scratches and case wear)" , "playable condition" (some fairly big scratches or somewhat shabby condition, but should not affect playability) [C]; and finally "un-saleable condition" [D], where we'll still take them off your hands and then dispose of them either by using them as gift certificates or some other mechanism. That last "D" grade will pretty much net you a nickel no matter what, regardless of how many or how few we have in stock.

The system that arrives at prices is pretty robust and considers a lot of factors, not just condition - also considered are the number we already have in stock at various locations, popularity (e.g., sales history), and a bunch of other considerations.

As a customer, the best thing you can do when bringing things in to sell is make sure they come with everything they came with when you got 'em (instruction manuals, etc) if possible; and make sure they're clean so that a fingerprint or some residue on the disc doesn't get mistaken as a scratch at first glance. That alone can definitely help keep the condition rating higher - it's definitely easy to look at a disc in the light and see a scratch and then look a little closer and discover it's just a water-spot or something cleanable.

Re: the used GBA

We flirted very briefly with the idea of buying used Game Boys some years ago, and that GBA is just a remnant of policy past. At the moment we don't buy back used hardware, and really only dipped our toe in those waters briefly. It's a piece of Bull Moose history!

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

Thanks, I brought my stuff in Friday night - got a pretty good chunk o' change for them actually ($110ish). They did give me pretty good grades on the stuff.

I hate to tell you this Bullmoose & coelacanth but you totally forgot to call and tell me I won the 360 that you were giving away online. I'll forgive you this time I suppose :)

On a more serious note - do you carry PS2 hardware in store? I need to pick up the ceramic white PS2 w/ Singstar right off and was hoping to get some points out of the deal.

@n8 -

Aw, sorry about that! I think we forgot to call you about the x360 because we didn't realize you had completely changed your name and were also a woman, like the actual winner. =)

But seriously - we weren't actually planning on picking up any of the Singstar-bundled PS2s, and we've missed the cutoff with our distributor to get them right away, but it's possible if we special ordered one for you it could still come in. I don't know how quickly you need one, though, and there's a chance that we missed our shot at the first run of them (special edition bundles like this, you usually get one shot at the beginning and then have to wait in line for a while before you get another crack at them). I dunno if you need one really badly - if so you might want to grab one somewhere else. But if you can wait a bit I can definitely put one on order for you and we can see what happens, it might be something we could bring in for you. Let me know!

-Dem
www.bullmoose.com

bread's done
Back