Official Bull Moose Music thread! [Bull Moose last post: 07/08/09!]

3QGojo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but considering that there only seems to be locations in Maine/New Hampshire I never wanted to waste a post.

I'll list the ten locations right here (taken from the About Us page from www.bullmoose.com):

Bull Moose #1
151 Maine Street
Brunswick, Maine 04011
Ph: 207-725-1289
Hours: 9:00am – 10pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #2
Windham Shopping Center
North Windham, Maine 04062
Ph: 207-893-1303
Hours: 9:30am – 11pm Mon-Thurs
9:30am – midnight Fri-Sat
10am – 10pm Sun

Bull Moose #3
151 Middle Street
Portland, Maine 04101
Ph: 207-780-6424
Hours: 10am – 11pm every day

Bull Moose 4
Lewiston Mall
Lewiston, ME 04240
Ph: 207-784-6463
Hours: 9am – 9pm Mon-Sat
9am – 5pm Sun

Bull Moose #5
82-86 Congress Street
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Ph: 603-422-9525
9:30am – 11pm Tues-Sat
9:30am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #6
Center For Shopping
Sanford, ME 04073
Ph: 207-324-5786
Hours: 9:30am – 10pm Mon-Sat
9:30am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose #7
Elm Plaza
Waterville, ME 04901
Ph: 207-861-5884
Hours: 9am – 10p Mon-Sat
9am – 8pm Sun

Bull Moose Music #8
Maine Square Mall
683 Hogan Road
Bangor, ME 04401
Ph: 207-262-0410
Hours: 9am-11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

Bull Moose #9
356-366 So. Broadway
Salem, NH 03079
Ph: 603-898-6254
Hours: 10am – midnight every day

Bull Moose #10
456 Payne Rd.
Scarborough, ME 04074
Ph: 207-885-9553
Hours: 9am – 11pm Tues-Sun
9am – midnight Mon

If people could post deals or any specials that are going on at certain locations. Also post which location you went to so we can figure out if they're YMMV for different stores or if all the store are kind the same prices/trade-in value. Another note of interest is that Bull Moose always has new games that just came out for around $45.xx brand new and might be good for price matching at BB or CC.

When I went to the one in Scarborough, ME a couple days ago I picked up a NEW copy of DDR: Mario Mix for $45.97.

I also traded in:

Future Tactics (GC) for $6 a copy (2 copies for $12 credit)
Twisted Metal III (PS1) for $4 credit
Total credit: $16 (paid $6 for all 3 games; gained $10)

I would've gotten less if I had taken ca$h, but I grabbed Mario Mix so I used it all that day anyways.

Plus, I had an old copy of Q bert 3 for SNES lying around and they would've given me $2 for and Robotech Battlecry (PS2) that they were going to give me $6 for, so I just kept those two games.

That's about it, please post any deals promotions that you find and at which locations. I'd also like to see if we could get a small trade-in list going for these stores.

EDIT(1): Edited the title to make this the "official" Bull Moose thread. :)
EDIT(2): Edited the title to say when the last time Bull Moose made a post.
EDIT(3): Edited the title to notify everyone of Wii Preorder Bundle.
EDIT(4): Edited the title to notify everyone that Wii Preorders are SOLD OUT!
EDIT(5): Edited the title by taking out the Wii Bundle being sold out.
EDIT(6): Edited the title to notify Bull Moose was back and posting again! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bull Moose is too awesome for this thread to sink :)

I have a question regarding trading in game to BM. Do you guys offer store credit? And do you offer more in store credit then in cash? And finally, can I use said store credit at any BM?

Okay, that was three questions.

I'm getting rid of my 360 and I still have a lot of games left for it.

I was wondering if you guys gave a reasonable amount of store credit for trade-ins.

Here's a list of the games:

Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Forza 2, Gears of War, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Burnout Paradise, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, Two Worlds, Earth Defense Force: 2017, Dead or Alive 4, Chromehounds, Skate, Crackdown, Stuntman: Ignition, Kane and Lynch: Dead Men, Dead Rising, NBA 2K8, All Pro Football 2K8, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and Halo 3 Collectors Edition

[quote name='MoxManiac_']
I have a question regarding trading in game to BM. Do you guys offer store credit? And do you offer more in store credit then in cash? And finally, can I use said store credit at any BM?

[/quote]

Sorry we have been gone so long. Dem went back to work in one of our stores and we forgot to have somebody else check this forum.

The answers to all three questions is yes. We pay more in store credit than cash, but you def. can get cash if you want. No problem! Credit works at any Bull Moose store, but not on bullmoose.com.

Chris

[quote name='solisnk']I'm getting rid of my 360 and I still have a lot of games left for it.

I was wondering if you guys gave a reasonable amount of store credit for trade-ins.

Here's a list of the games:

[/quote]
I figure you probably sold that 360 by now, but just so nobody else has to ask, what we pay for game systems is always posted here. Base payouts for individual games changes daily based on a number of factors. Of course condition matters too, so we can't give a quote in advance. However, we think our offers are reasonable. More than reasonable, actually. We try to pay the most so we get best games.

Chris

[quote name='n8littlefield']Quick question for one of the Bullmoose folks - there's an out of print CD that my wife would love to have (embarassingly enough it's the New Kids on the Block christmas album - Merry Merry Christmas) - but I just haven't been able to bring myself to pay Ebay prices. Do you have any way to search and see if you have a used copy in the system somewhere?[/quote]

I might be able to get you one for a decent price. PM me if you still need it.

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry I haven't checked this thread in awhile. I am glad to see it is still kicking, heck I might even go to Bull Moose tonight and browse around.

[quote name='Chocolatejas']Do the stores have the same prices on used Blu rays as the website or do they proce match the website?[/quote]
They are usually pretty close but they aren't always the same.

Remember that we have ten stores, so any item you see on our website (new or used) might or might not be available in the store you visit. Of course, the big releases like Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be in every store on every platform tonight. (We already have them but we can't sell them until midnight, as you know.)

But when it comes to used, we don't always get 10 copies of everything right away, so not every store has everything. It's part of what makes shopping exciting. You never know what you are going to find.

BUMP for this thread, any new deals at Bull Moose?

Is Bull Moose going to do free shipping on their website again for Thanksgiving like they did last year?

Does Bullmoose sell the Wii Fit? I could not find the a listing for it on the website. Also do you carry PC games? I've got some credit I need to spend.

This is for the Portsmouth, NH store.

Bull Moose did carry the Wii Fit...but I haven't seen it in awhile there. I'm guessing it is sold out there just as it is pretty much everywhere.

Also, I noticed when I went to Bull Moose tonight at the Wharehouse store the Wii games section was depleted. I mean there wasn't very many Wii games there at all! Where are all the Wii games at?!?!

[quote name='3QGojo']BUMP for this thread, any new deals at Bull Moose?

Is Bull Moose going to do free shipping on their website again for Thanksgiving like they did last year?[/quote]

Hey 3Q. Sorry we didn't see this before. We did free shipping on Thanksgiving and again on one of those really bad storm days. We don't normally anounce it in advance so the best way to find out without checking bullmoose.com daily is to subscribe to our e-mail. I hope you had a chance to take advantage of the free shipping.

[quote name='Chocolatejas']Does Bullmoose sell the Wii Fit? I could not find the a listing for it on the website. Also do you carry PC games? I've got some credit I need to spend.
[/quote]
Yo Choc,
Sorry we didn't see this either. Wii Fit kind of comes and goes. Nintendo didn't make enough. We don't always put hard-to-find items on the website because we want to save what we have for you guys and not sell to people from Florida so they can e-bay them.

PC games- We really only have World of Warcraft.

[quote name='3QGojo']Bull Moose did carry the Wii Fit...but I haven't seen it in awhile there. I'm guessing it is sold out there just as it is pretty much everywhere.

Also, I noticed when I went to Bull Moose tonight at the Wharehouse store the Wii games section was depleted. I mean there wasn't very many Wii games there at all! Where are all the Wii games at?!?![/quote]

3Q, we sold a lot over the holidays and should have a lot more any day. Also, used games were really popular so we have to build up the stock a little. That's good for people who sell back to us because we probably will pay a little more for a while. We usually get a bunch of stuff sold back in January, so the warehouse should be looking good again in a few days.

[quote name='n8littlefield']Does anyone know if Bullmoose (or any other stores for that matter) will take the Rock Band Wii instruments for tradein without original boxes?[/quote]
We take them if they come with the game too. We will rebox them if you didn't save the box.
Thx.

[quote name='BullMooseCrew']We take them if they come with the game too. We will rebox them if you didn't save the box.
Thx.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - one of the stores I called (I think the Scarborough one) didn't think you'd take the instruments. Any idea of a tradein value for the Wii Rock Band 1 kit (game, microphone, guitar, drums)? I'm trying to find out before packing up the drums :)

Anybody know if Bullmoose has the Wii Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit in store anywhere? The website doesn't list it. I was hoping to get it for less than the $190 I've been seeing it for elsewhere.

Picked up a Nintendo DS Browser and My Sims Wii Party game (looks like Mario Party with My Sims). Haven't found anything that great lately at BullMoose, maybe I bought everything good and there's nothing left? :(

[quote name='3QGojo']Bump! Any updates?[/QUOTE]
Just the usual charging a few bucks below list price. We are working on something cool for Madden but we can't announce it yet. It will be in our e-mail newsletter when we are ready. I don't want to pollute the forum with obvious self-promotion.

Oh, we will be giving away a PS3 at BattlefieldCon next month. I assume everybody here already knows about BattlefieldCon.

Just a quick question for the Bull Moose Crew. I was at the Windham store yesterday, and I bought a PS1 game, and right before I purchased it, they resurfaced it. Do you guys resurface other discs at a charge? I really my games resurfaced. :/

[quote name='Jmclark']Just a quick question for the Bull Moose Crew. I was at the Windham store yesterday, and I bought a PS1 game, and right before I purchased it, they resurfaced it. Do you guys resurface other discs at a charge? I really my games resurfaced. :/[/QUOTE]

I can tell you the answer to this question is yes, since I have had some of my soon to be brother-in law's game's resurfaced. I can't remember the price, though I don't remember it being pricey.

[quote name='BullMooseCrew']Just the usual charging a few bucks below list price. We are working on something cool for Madden but we can't announce it yet. It will be in our e-mail newsletter when we are ready. I don't want to pollute the forum with obvious self-promotion.

Oh, we will be giving away a PS3 at BattlefieldCon next month. I assume everybody here already knows about BattlefieldCon.[/QUOTE]

I found out what the Madden promo is!

http://www.bullmoose.com/rel/v2_home.php?storenr=258&deptnr=203&nocache

"There are some things you always do once a year: clean your car, sweep underneath your bed, go to the dentist, and buy Madden. EA Sports is good like that. They add just enough new cool stuff to make you say "yeah, I'll buy Madden this year." It's always worth it but it can get expensive. Bull Moose has got you covered on that front. Not only is our everyday price on Madden less than everyone else but we're also offering a preorder bonus this year that could end up being lucrative for you. You see, from now until the day before Madden is released (and while supplies last) we're offering a pack of 1991 Upper Deck football cards with your $5 Madden preorder for any format. These come from actual factory sealed boxes that we stumbled across recently. Who knows what lurks in these packs? Brett Favre rookie? Could be? Autographed Joe Montana card? Yeah, these were randomly inserted into packs and are selling for over $100 last time I checked. You could even get an awesome (but not very valuable) Herman Moore rookie card where he's sporting a sweet high-top fade and talking on the phone. Remember, this is Upper Deck so they had the coolest pictures.
So preorder Madden 10 from Bull Moose. You'll save money and, if you're lucky, make some money at the same time."

Woo 1991 Upper Deck cards! :)

Anyone know what Bullmoose pays for Atari 2600 games? They sell them for $2.95 so I was thinking it may be $1ish a piece given their other stuff is about a third of the selling price or so...Bullmoosecrew?

BUMP! Hey Bull Moose I know that I haven't posted in awhile, but where are all of your Wii games at? I went to Bull Moose in Scarbarough (the big wherehouse store) and there were very few options for Wii games and almost no new games! I mean c'mon!

Thanks for the bump, Bull Moose needs to come back and tell us if there are any awesome deals coming down the pipe! I haven't seen a lot of stuff there in the way of videogames lately and their pricing on some of their older PS2 games should come down by now as well...maybe they should start doing some PS2 grab bags like they've done in the past for the older cart games? Some PS1 grab bags wouldn't be bad either.

Any thoughts from anyone else?

I love browsing bull moose. Especially where most of the classic games are at a set price. Their current priced used games are usually cheaper/on par with gamestop. And I hate gamestop so I'd rather buy it from Bullmoose, even though ultimately you can get them cheaper at other places. I've been shopping at the scarborough bullmoose for probably 4 years now. Gotten some great deals (one time got Chrono trigger, final fantasy III for SNES and FFVII all for like $23.)

Anyway, I've noticed a decent amount of people from Maine obviously through this thread. Is there a CaG Thread for mainers?

Just curious, does Bull Moose normally have Black Friday deals? Not really expecting much, but hoping to find one there on Black Ops to go along with my new PS3 Slim that I'm getting at Walmart. Even if they don't, I'll be picking it up there anyways because it's $55.

[quote name='Jmclark']Just curious, does Bull Moose normally have Black Friday deals? Not really expecting much, but hoping to find one there on Black Ops to go along with my new PS3 Slim that I'm getting at Walmart. Even if they don't, I'll be picking it up there anyways because it's $55.[/QUOTE]

I know they did last year (at least I believe it was last year...), because they had Mad Men season 1 on blu-ray for $15 dollars along with other cheap blu-rays (also active on their website with free shipping). So hopefully they do it again so I can avoid retail stores.

Was just at their Portsmouth, NH store. Was shocked as their prices on used games were, at one point, really decent and you could find some uncommon/rare things. However, this time around I found used games for higher than full retail ("Enslaved" for $30 used, "Left 4 Dead 2" for $35 used, "Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing" for $25 used, "Killzone 3" special edition for $89 used) and the games section was VERY poorly organized. New games mixed in with used games, multiple copies of used games at different price points, etc.

Very disappointed... Made serious purchases there a year ago.

I will say that some of their used equipment sales were decent. They had two used Kinects in stock for $80. That said, they were in Ziploc bags on the floor and the only reason I saw them was because somebody stepped on one, then kicked it aside.

Maybe the other locations are better, but this one is not so good. I don't see myself going back.

[quote name='Scarlet H']Was just at their Portsmouth, NH store. Was shocked as their prices on used games were, at one point, really decent and you could find some uncommon/rare things. However, this time around I found used games for higher than full retail ("Enslaved" for $30 used, "Left 4 Dead 2" for $35 used, "Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing" for $25 used, "Killzone 3" special edition for $89 used) and the games section was VERY poorly organized. New games mixed in with used games, multiple copies of used games at different price points, etc.

Very disappointed... Made serious purchases there a year ago.

I will say that some of their used equipment sales were decent. They had two used Kinects in stock for $80. That said, they were in Ziploc bags on the floor and the only reason I saw them was because somebody stepped on one, then kicked it aside.

Maybe the other locations are better, but this one is not so good. I don't see myself going back.[/QUOTE]

I'm a former Bull Moose employee, and I must say, never, EVER trust the sticker price. The prices on used items varies almost day to day. The sticker reflects the price of the game when it was sold from a customer, which is based on current stock.

The priced on used items is determined by how many are in stock throughout the whole chain when a customer sells it to Bull Moose. So if you bought a game during a midnight sale, and then marathoned it for a day straight, and sold it back to Bull Moose when there were 0 used copies on hand, you would get top dollar for it. But let's say over the next day or so, 30 other people sell the same game back. By the time the 30th person sells theirs, they're not going to get the same price that the first person got, simply because there are so many on hand. You're not getting top dollar for something when there's already a surplus of it on the shelves. That's why it's best to sell back new titles relatively quickly, because there aren't any used in stock yet, so you'll get the most for them.

When shopping for used stuff at Bull Moose, always have them check the price. The prices on used items changes all the time due to supply and demand, but it's impossible to constantly print new stickers and update every game on the shelf.

[quote name='Krynj']I'm a former Bull Moose employee, and I must say, never, EVER trust the sticker price. The prices on used items varies almost day to day. The sticker reflects the price of the game when it was sold from a customer, which is based on current stock.

The priced on used items is determined by how many are in stock throughout the whole chain when a customer sells it to Bull Moose. So if you bought a game during a midnight sale, and then marathoned it for a day straight, and sold it back to Bull Moose when there were 0 used copies on hand, you would get top dollar for it. But let's say over the next day or so, 30 other people sell the same game back. By the time the 30th person sells theirs, they're not going to get the same price that the first person got, simply because there are so many on hand. You're not getting top dollar for something when there's already a surplus of it on the shelves. That's why it's best to sell back new titles relatively quickly, because there aren't any used in stock yet, so you'll get the most for them.

When shopping for used stuff at Bull Moose, always have them check the price. The prices on used items changes all the time due to supply and demand, but it's impossible to constantly print new stickers and update every game on the shelf.[/QUOTE]

That's actually really good info, thanks for sharing.

That said, it's still kind of frustrating as when we shop for games, we pull sometimes a dozen or so games at a whack. It's kind of a hassle to round them all up and go to get them rung up at the counter. At least when I've been, they're fairly well staffed.

I wish there was a sign stating as much though... That the printed price may vary from what the sale price actually is. I would have almost certainly made some purchases since, like I said, I remember them being highly competative a year or so ago.

Bump, found an old copy of Dragon Warrior VII at the scarborough bull moose for $8, not too shabby. Also, they are right about the pricing, have them scan the barcode on the back, especially for older games. Also I was told the same items being sold at different price points meant it reflected the quality of the game when they traded it in. One last note is that they mix used games with the new ones now, and they are supposed to put a used sticker on the side spine of the used games, although not all do have stickers. Hope this info helps!

bread's done
Back