Official CAG Digital Artists thread

Xevious

CAGiversary!
Since there are a few digital artists here, I thought it might be a good idea to make an official thread. Maybe it will catch on....maybe it will not. Who knows

First thing to post:
ComputerArts magazine has posted some free tutorials to download (Normally they charge money). Here are the links:

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials

There are some cool stuff there.

EDIT: I think the tutorials are free for a limited time though- I can't verify this though.

Paint.net program new version was just released
http://www.eecs.wsu.edu/paint.net/index.html

pdn26_seattle_thumb.jpg

Its free but they are asking for donations. I never tried it but I figured its worth posting.

[quote name='headpiece747']I thought this thread was for posting original digital art or something not programs that we use oh well my bad.[/quote]

Why not. Go for it. Post whatever you like....

[quote name='Xevious']Why not. Go for it. Post whatever you like....[/quote] ok here we go... Made this wallpaper awhile ago with Photoshop. Enjoy.

[quote name='onetrackmind']excellent work headpiece

I havent made anything recently... i think this was the last thing.
[/quote] Thanks. I like your Mario Revolution picture it makes me get ready for the console and your next digital piece. Its cool how you slanted the pictures to simulate it coming at viewer.

I don't like following tutorials. I prefer to just try and feel my way through whatever program I'm using. See what types of things I can create.

I made This image a while ago. I use it as a background for my livejournal. For the tiny text, I think I used an essay and some C++ code I was writing at the time.

Purple Flames that wallpaper is nice I like the psychedelic effect and if you squint your eyes and turn your head right you can see a flying owl?

kakomu the way you kept the focus on the yellow stripey things works well with the text in the background.

don't know if this quite fits the thread, but i've gotta get my hands on photoshop and after effects. i used to be pro-film and completely anti-video, but after learning a little about these programs (i'm still very much a beginner) i have to say that i'm very impressed with the effects you can achieve with a no budget film. we did some composite shots in a couple of short films and it's pretty good looking with just a little effort. i think i may look to shoot some digital stuff when i get done with school.

[quote name='darkmere']don't know if this quite fits the thread, but i've gotta get my hands on photoshop and after effects. i used to be pro-film and completely anti-video, but after learning a little about these programs (i'm still very much a beginner) i have to say that i'm very impressed with the effects you can achieve with a no budget film. we did some composite shots in a couple of short films and it's pretty good looking with just a little effort. i think i may look to shoot some digital stuff when i get done with school.[/QUOTE]

Agree, many star wars fan films, two of which I have worked on used programs like after effects , but 98% got there copies off the net or from a friend.. I paid for my packages but got a really good discount since I work in the education field.

[quote name='ITDEFX']Agree, many star wars fan films, two of which I have worked on used programs like after effects , but 98% got there copies off the net or from a friend.. I paid for my packages but got a really good discount since I work in the education field.[/QUOTE]
yeah, i could easily bittorrent cracked copies, but then i can't legally enter any films made with those into festivals. if i purchase a copy, then i'm free to use it on festival entries. either way, i have to upgrade my laptop first.

bread's done
Back