Official CAG Meetups - Sign up now!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Ok guys, after a lot of begging on my part, I manged to get this up and running:

http://cheapassgamer.meetup.com

Please sign up, even if you are unsure if you would actually attend.
It would be neat to see which locations have the most amount of CAGs.

Thanks!

I used to go to video game swap meets in the early 90s with my Dad. I was around 11 years old and I remember walking around and seeing the Super Famicom for the first time (SNES wasn't even out in the US yet) and another time seeing the Turbo Grafix CD system and begging my dad to get me one.

I always wished they'd have another one, but i have yet to hear about another.

This sounds like just what I remember.

I have signed up, and verified my e-mail address by clicking the link in my message, but I can't log in (it just keeps taking me back to a blank sign in screen every time I try to enter my e-mail and password). Cheapy, do you have any idea what the problem might be?

I had the same problem. Had to open a new IE window before it would work. Now to see if Washington DC people will select the Capital City Brewing Company @ Union Station. Excellent place for a meet since the metro stops right there!

:D

Ahh scary.......... don't think I'll be 'meeting up' with anyone but good idea newayz cheapyd. :? ((pshhh.. not to mention the fact that i'm a GIRL and on this site... and i'm 14... and i don't .. need... to be... ridiculed.. by a bunch... of... old...(ok not necessarily old) men... that are obsessed with... games...)) AHHHHHHHH *runs away screaming* :shock: :shock: :cry: :oops: #-o ](*,) :| :speaktothehand:

Looks like North Jersey is doing a killing. 3 out of 64 Cagers are there from the current specs. Come on North Jersey people signup so we can show the rest of the cagers where the majority of the cheapasses are. w00t!!! w00t!!!

Though I'm kind of disappointed that Hooter's in Paramus wasn't chosen as a location. h00t!!! h00t!!! =D

-Morpheus

I just signed up. But for my city, it lists the county! If you go to browse cities, Miami isn't even listed only Dade county. Strange, but I guess it's all good. :)

I think it's a Cool Idea as long as we get enough people to join we could get together and swap games and deals and stories . Sweet!

what no love for poughkeepsie? guess that means ill have to go to new york. hey cheapy is there gonna be a minimum age thing for the meeting? i hope not.

also, i think it should be moved to the weekend. doesnt have to be, it would just help those of us with school and parents and curfews.

I am liking the idea of this becoming more like a swap-meet. I suppose it can be whatever type of thing each area turns it into. I'd be all for making some deal locally to save shipping with fellow CAG-ers.

I also remember swap meets back in the day. Only thing is, I was overseas b/c my dad was in the military at the time. They actually held the meet in the elementary school cafeteria and people had their computers set up to make you copies of programs on the spot. Just brought your own box of 5.25" disks! That's how I got a hold of classic games like "BC Tires" and "Big Top" on our 8088. Looking back, that was pretty freakin' immoral... If I meet the guy who wrote "BC Tires", I'll buy him a beer or something. Sorry, dude.

CheapyD, I'd like to suggest another meeting point, but I don't want to upgrade to the + membership and pay to do it. Any suggestions? Also, I vote to have the meeting during the weekend. I work late weekdays, like I'm sure many of us do.

I puchased a 6 month membership but I don't know if I can nominate in other cities.

Lets wait a week or so, and see what happens?

[quote name='x0thedeadzone0x']Ahh scary.......... don't think I'll be 'meeting up' with anyone but good idea newayz cheapyd. :? ((pshhh.. not to mention the fact that i'm a GIRL and on this site... and i'm 14... and i don't .. need... to be... ridiculed.. by a bunch... of... old...(ok not necessarily old) men... that are obsessed with... games...)) AHHHHHHHH *runs away screaming* :shock: :shock: :cry: :oops: #-o ](*,) :| :speaktothehand:[/quote]

I think you'd have more to worry about than ridicule.

Anyway, to whoever selected Woodbridge VA, I'm down.

North Jersey where you at?!!! Looks like we need 3 more to topple NYC. Get on the gravy train and signup!!! I know there has to be more in the North Jersey area since someone cleared out the CC on 17. Plus, someone be tearing out BB GGC coupons at both BB's off of 17. You know who you are!!! So, get off your ass and signup!!! :lol:

Double-dime time at Hooters!!! h00t! h00t! :lol:

-Morpheus

Seems like a good idea to me if some more people in the kansas city area sign up. I think it would be cool to not only be able to trade/sell games with others but also just to know some more people locally who are into gaming.

The people are rep'n Jax, FL already five of us. Everybody vote for TGI Fridays, even though Docking Station is closer to me. TGI F is a bigger place.

for Ma i would like to suggest Framingham. 1. cuz i live there and 2. cuz its almost directly inbetween the 2 biggest cities (Boston and Worcester) in Ma

*note i didn't feel like paying money to suggest a place in the vote thingy*

Keep it up North Jersey. We just gained a new member. Only 4 more to go to take down NYC from our rightful throne. :lol:

-Morpheus

Hey, where are all the greater St. Louis area people? I'm not feeling the cheapassgamerlove over here! I even became a Member+ so I could nominate my Gaming Center as a meet up place to give you guys free gaming on that monday night after the meeting!
By the way...what are the topics to vote on, or is there not really anything to vote on this time around?

I signed up. I don't care where I have to go but I feel like this is an elaborate set up to steal my magic satchel.

Unfortunately, fewer than 5 people voted on a venue, so the
Boston, MA CheapAssGamer Meetup is cancelled this month. Help
make it happen next month!

Come on guys whats up with you i know ive seen at least 5 others from the Boston area.
oh well always next month

[quote name='JimmieMac']I signed up. I don't care where I have to go but I feel like this is an elaborate set up to steal my magic satchel.[/quote]

You can't keep your magic satchel forever; it will be ours!

[quote name='rmewpm']How are we going to know who the other CAGers are???[/quote]

They will the be the guys with a bunch of video games with them.

Hopefully, we will have enough people to get the meetups going this month.

My area failed me. Well, not just me, they failed you, CheapyD, but have no fear, I have infiltrated the servers of meetup.com and found their names and address. They will pay. Dearly. With a Vengeance. Part 3.

[quote name='m_d_amore']how did the jacksonville one go?[/quote]
I wish I knew, I was going to go, but at the last minute I was called to work.

Myself and two others showed up at the first CAG meetup. It was cool to be able to talk about games other than mainstream hits with people. Finally I could talk about Suikoden with someone! lol.

[quote name='Hot Like Wasabi']Myself and two others showed up at the first CAG meetup. It was cool to be able to talk about games other than mainstream hits with people. Finally I could talk about Suikoden with someone! lol.[/quote]

Awesome!
I am expecting/hoping that next month will have several meetups going on across the country.

You guys didnt happen to take any pictures, did ya?

bread's done
Back