Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
I got another suspicious activity email from them. Man, they are annoying.

I went to findmyorder.com and checked to make 100% sure my Drakengard order went through, but I don't see my LR order there anywhere. Can anyone who ordered both check and see if their LR is listed? I was thinking since the site is a POS, it may not be listed since the order was from last year, but I'm thinking since DR is awful, they may have cancelled my order without telling me too.
The website is stupid. It all depends on how you ordered the item. If you ordered by credit card then the order is likely to show up under your history. If you ordered and paid with PayPal, there is a chance that you won't be able to find your order. This happened with my previous order of LR and is currently an issue with my FFX / X-2 preorder.

I also placed my FFX / X-2 preorder last year if you were wondering. But I think it has more to do with paying with PayPal. Who knows, Digital River is stupid.

I paid with a CC, but it still isn't listed under findmyorder.

I tried looking it up via order # and PW and it said either invalid order # or invalid PW.

Whatever, I got my DLC code via email so I guess I'm set. That site is such a POS, as is any site run by that company.

Getting a little perturbed that other people have their LR13 CE shipment confirmation emails and I don't yet. :twoguns:
We may have gotten the tracking information but my package hasn't moved in the past 2 days. You can't even look up the tracking number on USPS and the shipment site that Square Enix / Digital River provided only says that electronic shipping info has been received. That indicates that the shipment is not even in motion yet.

for those that ordered 2 copies and intend to get rid of one, how easy is it to do that? like do you think you will be able to actually sell it off?

i want free shipping but i don't want to buy something i won't be able to sell off at the price i payed for.

I'm asking in case the person i buy this for decides they don't want it in the end.

My LR was in back order status thanks to a moogle strap. Called Digital River and he stated that notice was sent to the manufacture about the moogle strap to be produced, so now it cannot be canceled. And I was just able to cancel it directly from the website and reorder the LE.

I think eating shipping is the only way to deal with Digital River.

for those that ordered 2 copies and intend to get rid of one, how easy is it to do that? like do you think you will be able to actually sell it off?

i want free shipping but i don't want to buy something i won't be able to sell off at the price i payed for.

I'm asking in case the person i buy this for decides they don't want it in the end.
ebay, I suppose. The UK cannot get it sent directly and there are only 5,000 copies. I'd imagine it would be easy to sell. Or hell, you could always sent it at cost to another CAG.

Just got billed for me Bravely Default CE from Amazon; means it will be shipped soon so looks good that it'll be here on Friday

Ordered LE alone in early Jan w/ standard ground shipping. No confirmation yet and now it says invalid order id/password when i try to check my order status :(

Just pre-order 2 anyways. You don't want to pre-order 1 and it comes damaged with no option for replacement.

So, with the Digital River fiasco, I currently have:

• LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD ordered together, both waiting until the March date to ship.  This will get cancelled if they don't ship out the LR:FXIII CE out separately.
  • LR:FFXIII CE ordered by itself as of today.  No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order.  Will get returned if they ship out the above order outside of the combo.
  • FFX/X-2 HD ordered by itself as of today.  No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order.  Will get returned if they ship out the first order above outside of the combo.
  • D3 CE by itself that I already cancelled, awaiting refund.
  • D3 CE with plushie that I already cancelled, awaiting refund.
  • 2x copies of D3 CE that I will keep with the intent of reselling the lesser quality one.

I know some of those are my fault, but their ordering process is such a PITA and their site just doens't work correctly.  I've learned how to checkout successfully now, but it's definitely not a user-friendly method.

• LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD ordered together, both waiting until the March date to ship. This will get cancelled if they don't ship out the LR:FXIII CE out separately.
  • LR:FFXIII CE ordered by itself as of today. No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order. Will get returned if they ship out the above order outside of the combo.
  • FFX/X-2 HD ordered by itself as of today. No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order. Will get returned if they ship out the first order above outside of the combo.
  • 2x copies of D3 CE that I will keep with the intent of reselling the lesser quality one.

I know some of those are my fault, but their ordering process is such a PITA and their site just doens't work correctly. I've learned how to checkout successfully now, but it's definitely not a user-friendly method.
Honestly, cancelling your CC and getting a new one would be easier than dealing with DR that many times over for that many orders.

[quote name="MetalSlugger" post="11502424" timestamp="1391612690"]Does anyone know what's going on with the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE? The SE comes out on the 24th but I still don't have an Amazon estimated ship date for the CE.[/quote]

Bump?

Honestly, cancelling your CC and getting a new one would be easier than dealing with DR that many times over for that many orders.
Paypal Smart Connect (part of the horror was using PayPal), which I have a very good history and relationship with. If they give me any problems they will immediately be removing those charges.

• LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD ordered together, both waiting until the March date to ship. This will get cancelled if they don't ship out the LR:FXIII CE out separately.
  • LR:FFXIII CE ordered by itself as of today. No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order. Will get returned if they ship out the above order outside of the combo.
  • FFX/X-2 HD ordered by itself as of today. No confirmation of shipment yet, but confirmation of order. Will get returned if they ship out the first order above outside of the combo.

I know some of those are my fault, but their ordering process is such a PITA and their site just doens't work correctly. I've learned how to checkout successfully now, but it's definitely not a user-friendly method.
Good luck trying to get DR to accept a return. The one time I had to do it, it took almost a week of calls and e-mails and I still had to pay shipping both ways and it took them almost a month to even process the refund.

Just got my shipping notification for my Lightning Returns order from January 4th.  :)

I ordered it with a copy of Dungeon Siege III.  360 copies.  Now to check with my buddy and see if his order with my PS3 copy of LR shipped yet :D

No one would have news on this because they are in the same boat as you. I heard sometimes Amazon does this with some collector's editions where the standard edition has the release date but the CE doesn't. I currently have two ordered and I'm not worried; I know they will come.

Paypal Smart Connect (part of the horror was using PayPal), which I have a very good history and relationship with. If they give me any problems they will immediately be removing those charges.
I think DR will cancel your orders no problem if you request it. It's just they take some time to do it which sucks. I would recommend using the "request cancellation" button on the square enix order page (where you look at the order history). Using this option was faster than me emailing them and requesting a cancellation for one of my orders.

Okay... you used PayPal but didn't you preorder a game that's not coming out until May? You wouldn't have any buyer protection in 3 months... (I know you cancelled the item, but just pointing that out)

DR is notorious for not packing items well. The last few CEs I have received from them were sent in boxes that had no clearance between the CE box and the shipping carton. Any little ding or dent from transit will end up appearing on your CE box.
Yeah, they pretty much ship them out in boxes the same size as the CE. No extra room for cushioning.

Okay... you used PayPal but didn't you preorder a game that's not coming out until May? You wouldn't have any buyer protection in 3 months... (I know you cancelled the item, but just pointing that out)
My only concern is for my LR CE and FFX/X-2 CE bundle. I'd obviously get in touch with Paypal way before May if my other two Drakengard orders aren't refunded by then...

DR is notorious for not packing items well. The last few CEs I have received from them were sent in boxes that had no clearance between the CE box and the shipping carton. Any little ding or dent from transit will end up appearing on your CE box.
Yeah, they pretty much ship them out in boxes the same size as the CE. No extra room for cushioning.
Well I'm just going to have to hope for the best - no way I'm ordering 2 copies of every CE just to make sure I get one undamaged. Tho is there any site that this isn't an issue for? I know Amazon has horrible packaging, much worse than the admittedly few items I've ordered from DR. This is why I prefer to order my CE's at a b&m store whenever possible.

Thanks to whoever suggested preordering two Drakengard 3 CEs both to get the free shipping and to recoup some of the cost--I just placed my order via CC. :bouncy:

Well I'm just going to have to hope for the best - no way I'm ordering 2 copies of every CE just to make sure I get one undamaged. Tho is there any site that this isn't an issue for? I know Amazon has horrible packaging, much worse than the admittedly few items I've ordered from DR. This is why I prefer to order my CE's at a b&m store whenever possible.
I had one issue with DR and that was when the Capcom store was sending out free MvC3 guides with orders of MvC3 and the SE happened to e on sale at a reasonable price. I think I ordered three (2 PS3, 1 360) and they put the special edition games (in steelbooks) underneath the guides and they arrived crush. It took maybe 5 weeks for them to finally send a return label and issue a refund but it worked out in my favor because they just gave me a refund for the full item cost x 3 (when the items were on sale) and let me keep the guides. I did have to e-mail them daily though.

but since then I've ordered quite a few items from various DR sites and have never had anything come damaged and some of that stuff was rare/fragile like FF XIV RR CE, Ni No Kuni WE, Metal Signs, Umbrellas, Mugs from Capcom Store, and I'm sure other items I didn't even realize were from DR run sites.

My only concern is for my LR CE and FFX/X-2 CE bundle. I'd obviously get in touch with Paypal way before May if my other two Drakengard orders aren't refunded by then...
If anything I bet you will cancel your bundle of LR CE and FFX/X-2 CE before then. I take it if you get the LR CE (the one you ordered recently) then there would be no reason to keep the other order? I have a FFX/X-2 CE ordered with a plush but I might reorder it closer to the release date to get priority shipping similar to what happened with LR.

If anything I bet you will cancel your bundle of LR CE and FFX/X-2 CE before then. I take it if you get the LR CE (the one you ordered recently) then there would be no reason to keep the other order? I have a FFX/X-2 CE ordered with a plush but I might reorder it closer to the release date to get priority shipping similar to what happened with LR.
I just put in an order for both separately today and have not gotten any shipping notices yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Good day. Grabbed a LR card from Target (they had like 20 for each system lol) and shipping confirmation for my LR CE orders.

Good day. Grabbed a LR card from Target (they had like 20 for each system lol) and shipping confirmation for my LR CE orders.
My store had a lot of cards too. I don't want to mislead anyone but I would be more surprised if the LR steelbook turned out to be limited (meaning stores only got a handful) then I would be if the entire first (and maybe subsequent) shipments were steelbooks. I really expect this to be handles like the Tomb Raider release.

I think stores not having preorder cards is more a reflection of individual store not caring to put those out then it is a reflection of how many copies a store will get.

My store had a lot of cards too. I don't want to mislead anyone but I would be more surprised if the LR steelbook turned out to be limited (meaning stores only got a handful) then I would be if the entire first (and maybe subsequent) shipments were steelbooks. I really expect this to be handles like the Tomb Raider release.

I think stores not having preorder cards is more a reflection of individual store not caring to put those out then it is a reflection of how many copies a store will get.
That is exactly what it is. If you actually look at the pre order cards you can notice pretty quickly the barcode they scan is identical for all the particular platform and game, every single LR for PS3 has the same 492070710888 to purchase them. The 9856-0115-6765-8862-0899-8436-59 at the bottom of the card is the same as well.

They don't even have a way of knowing you paid for the card when you redeem it.

That is exactly what it is. If you actually look at the pre order cards you can notice pretty quickly the barcode they scan is identical for all the particular platform and game, every single LR for PS3 has the same 492070710888 to purchase them. The 9856-0115-6765-8862-0899-8436-59 at the bottom of the card is the same as well.

lol target is the worst for pre-orders, it doesnt matter how many cards they have either because they will get an amount of something like this according to their store volume. they arent even supposed to sell the cards 7 days prior to release so its basically first come first served with these. so hope your store gets a lot of these or you will probably be burned if you try to pick it up late.

lol I've been guilty once of not paying for the card. I just grabbed one off the shelf and picked up the game I wanted and got the $5 dollar gift card. I mean in reality we are only getting a $4 gift card because the $1 reservation card doesn't come off the total we are paying for the game.

lol I've been guilty once of not paying for the card. I just grabbed one off the shelf and picked up the game I wanted and got the $5 dollar gift card. I mean in reality we are only getting a $4 gift card because the $1 reservation card doesn't come off the total we are paying for the game.
lol in reality though you got $5 since you essentially stole the card

Ordered Drakengard CE, but worried about the condition it will arrive in. Ordered 2 but that didn't work well with Ni No Kuni as both those were damaged, but most everything else I bought from DR has been ok.

Thanks to whoever suggested preordering two Drakengard 3 CEs both to get the free shipping and to recoup some of the cost--I just placed my order via CC. :bouncy:
And thank you for repeating it, because I missed the first post you're talking about and this didn't occur to me. :p Canceled my single order & placed an order for 2.

Well I just called Digital River, and they confirmed that if you ordered LR:CE with FFX/X2 LE, you won't receive either of them until the latter's release date. I had them cancel FFX/X2 from my order. Luckily I still had KH1.5 at $20 on the order, so I still get free shipping.

Now I have to reorder FFX/X2 and place a new one for Drakengard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back