Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess now if we want bestbuy to put up ce preorders faster on their site, we should spam their forum . LOL

Yesss got my ps4 ghost with gcu. Chose shipping because I'm afraid they will slap that stupid sticker right on the packaging. Hope it doesn't come destroyed

Yesss got my ps4 ghost with gcu. Chose shipping because I'm afraid they will slap that stupid sticker right on the packaging. Hope it doesn't come destroyed
they also sometimes shipped the game with just a shipping label on it given the size, so keep that in mind. from the pictures, this looks like a good candidate

I haven't confirmed with the Ghost Edition, but I confirmed this morning that you can get the Persona Q Premium for the $5 down in store.  Not sure why the website listing says you can only do delivery.

Anyone know if you can apply GPU to games that are already pre-ordered? I was thinking of getting it now that I have The Witcher CE and Destiny GE pre-ordered. 

What is everyones opinion on the far cry 4 and assassins creed unity collectors editions? Worth it with GCU? Or not really?
Depends if you like the statues, because that's the reason for the higher cost.

It helps to calculate the difference from standard edition price for the game, and then evaluate each item in the CE and put a dollar value on each item you are willing to pay. If that number value total doesn't come close to the difference (with GCU), then obviously 'no'.

Personally, the FC4 statue looks quite ugly to me (look close at the zoomed in pictures). AC Unity looks okay, but no clue about the character, so it holds no value to me there either. All in all, don't care for statues that collect dust and take up valuable shelf space. It also helps my decision to know Ubisoft is mass producing these CEs so rarity is not really a factor, and secondly they're usually not a good deal value-wise (they are probably making a good profit from marking up the statues as well)

If the AC Unity one had a steel book I would probably bite then sell the statue to help with the cost but no steel book means no purchase.

I opted for shipping on my Ghost Edition but expediated wasn't available at the time. Can I call in and get it changed without any issues? I used some RZ certs so I cant cancel and re-order.

I opted for shipping on my Ghost Edition but expediated wasn't available at the time. Can I call in and get it changed without any issues? I used some RZ certs so I cant cancel and re-order.
I think so? I was once able to switch an order from Ship-to-Home to Store Pickup, so I don't see why they couldn't upgrade you to Expedited if you're eligible for it to be free.

I guess I am the only one to go this route so far, but I ordered the lower level Limited Edition Destiny from Best Buy.  Which is really weird since I am a sucker for the high end collector's editions .... heck, Marcus from GOW3 Epic, "Cat Helmet" from Halo 3, Last of Us Statue, and the Noble Squad from Halo reach are all staring off their shelf at me right now.  But, as I sat there to order and tried to hit the button, I just couldn't get excited about a tiny ... and I mean tiny ... lump of plastic that lights up and says a few lines of dialog.  Not bashing anyone who did ... just didn't excite me.  I did, however, order the Witcher 3 collector's edition because it comes with a beautiful statue and tones of other items.  Maybe if I had more connection with Destiny, it would be easier.  Oh well, guess that leave one more for someone else out there who really wants it.

I guess I am the only one to go this route so far, but I ordered the Limited Edition Destiny from Best Buy. Which is really weird since I am a sucker for limited editions .... heck, Marcus from GOW3 Epic, "Cat Helmet" from Halo 3, Last of Us Statue, and the Noble Squad from Halo reach are all staring off their shelf at me right now. But, as I sat there to order and tried to hit the button, I just couldn't get excited about a tiny ... and I mean tiny ... lump of plastic that lights up and says a few lines of dialog. Not bashing anyone who did ... just didn't excite me. I did, however, order the Witcher 3 collector's edition because it comes with a beautiful statue and tones of other items. Maybe if I had more connection with Destiny, it would be easier. Oh well, guess that leave one more for someone else out there who really wants it.
You are not alone.

So the Ghost Edition for ps4 is now sold out everywhere besides Walmart. And the LE for ps4 is sold out at amazon.

Damn, I thought I was the only one using the Xbox One.  Cant believe that Destiny "Ghost edition"  sold out at BB that fast.

Well, it took about an hour, but I was able to change my order on the mislisted Persona Q Wild Card Edition to the "real" Wild Card Edition at the $39.99 price (GCU). Spoke to a CSR who was clueless, I asked to speak with a supervisor, and she also didn't know - but she could see that I ordered the Premium edition. She called up someone else why I was on hold (for a total of about 45 minutes) and they told her that people who ordered prior to the listing changing should be getting the Premium edition, but they also didn't know about the SKU number remaining that of the Standard edition. She got permission to reorder for me under the new SKU though at my original purchase price.
I got a different result when calling. If it goes thru properly I'll make out even more ahead. They told me to cancel my old copy and reorder under the new sku and they were issuing me a $30 gift card for the difference. So....w/ GCU my Wild Card edition will be 33.99 after gift card. They wanted me to wait until the gift card arrived to do the reordering, but I told them I didn't want to wait in case it sold out. We will see if the gift card arrives....if not I'm not cancelling the old order as proof and will call again.

I'm pretty sure I cancelled it yesterday or the night before. What should I say when I call?
I would just say that you were wondering if they could help you out. You were calling because you preordered a Ce and they switched it to the normal edition which wasn't what you wanted and you were calling to see if they could correct it. And that you cancelled it and are calling because you didn't want to be billed for the incorrect item and thought a human on the phone could help you. Also, from personal experience, try to get someone of the opposite gender. They usually help more.

I would just say that you were wondering if they could help you out. You were calling because you preordered a Ce and they switched it to the normal edition which wasn't what you wanted and you were calling to see if they could correct it. And that you cancelled it and are calling because you didn't want to be billed for the incorrect item and thought a human on the phone could help you. Also, from personal experience, try to get someone of the opposite gender. They usually help more.
Thank you so much! I will give them a call right now and see how it works. I would really love to get this. Persona is my favorite series.

It was very unsuccessful, haha. But thanks for suggesting it. It was worth a try. I was polite and everything got a female representative, but she wasn't willing to help at all. She told me I had to reorder it and I mentioned that it was $79.99, and she made this awwwww, noise and was like "Well, I'm sorry dear, I guess that's just how much you'll have to pay for it". I would've been fine if she just told me no, but the way she was saying it with the fake sympathy made me mad.

It was very unsuccessful, haha. But thanks for suggesting it. It was worth a try. I was polite and everything got a female representative, but she wasn't willing to help at all. She told me I had to reorder it and I mentioned that it was $79.99, and she made this awwwww, noise and was like "Well, I'm sorry dear, I guess that's just how much you'll have to pay for it". I would've been fine if she just told me no, but the way she was saying it with the fake sympathy made me mad.

:(

Your welcome.

Maybe you'll get an even better deal on something else to make up for it?

who else were you expecting over the phone? an alien or robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back