Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm.... I wonder if it's possible to grab the steelbook from Target and then return the regular copy from my CE. What do you guys think?

I did buy 2 LR:FFXIII CEs and got free shipping with that. So I did presume it would take awhile.

On another note, I received my Bravely default CE last week from BestBuy. Horribly packaged, but surprisingly came out of the box without much damage compared to the ones on Amazon. Wish you guys luck with whoever ordered from there!
I thought the packaging was terrific from BBY. Never seen so much care. Dust jacket, Air pillows, bubble wrap, and a box? Madness!

Drives me nuts that I missed out on that dangan ronpa CE since I was going to get the game day 1 anyway, by the time I found out it was long gone. Does anyone know if NISA ever re-lists it for sale to sell off any that are returned?

I thought the packaging was terrific from BBY. Never seen so much care. Dust jacket, Air pillows, bubble wrap, and a box? Madness!
Mine had everything except the bubble wrap. The air pillows were under the game and no support on the sided of the box so it moved all over the place if you moved it to much (and it was a pretty bi shipping box too) :( But, like I said, when I went to inspect it it was pretty much without damage. Just some tear on the bottom sides. One of the better packages recieved from BB I can agree

Edit: sweet, my tracking finally updated for my LRFF CE

Why not? Do they actually have a different SKU? The retail copy comes sealed in the LR CE from the unboxing video IGN did online.
Because there is a good chance that Target is only carrying the steelbook edition on release and that it would have a different sku from whatever is in the CE.

I don't have any experience with steelbook video games so I have no idea if they normally have a different SKU. It would make sense to me if they did or didn't, I'll find out tomorrow for sure when I grab my steelbook from target.

Hah, 3 people responded to my post, that was quick :p

Drives me nuts that I missed out on that dangan ronpa CE since I was going to get the game day 1 anyway, by the time I found out it was long gone. Does anyone know if NISA ever re-lists it for sale to sell off any that are returned?
They usually bring extras to anime conventions they go to but that is about it :(

Yeah, I waited too long on Danganronpa, too, and I'm really irritated with myself over it. I'm not paying those freaking eBay prices, so I doubt I'll ever get that game. 

still debating if I wanna spend 60 on a steelbook with the CE on the way. thought about trying to return the CE copy to target or wait for a sale and trying to do a return buy. wish they would have just included the steelbook with the CE

Why not just buy the regular version if you really want to play the game?
I was only interested in it; it certainly wasn't something that I was frothing to play. If it was, then I would grab a regular copy and just patiently wait for a good buy on the CE. I'm not quite that crazy. lol

Today is 2/11; I went to see if the Square store sold out of the LR FF XIII CE (they haven't yet) but I noticed they are now charging for the DLC? I'm I the only one seeing that?

Edit: Nevermind... I think it was a glitched caused by there being a CE in my cart that was never cleared

Not sure whether to rage or not yet, I'll give it till this afternoon. My Estimated Delivery on Newgistics shot up from the 11th or 12th to the 14th.

It finally showed up on the USPS site, but without estimated delivery. According to the tracking it just arrived at my towns post office

Couldn't get any sleep so decided to hit up Target at opening and get my steelbook copy. Lucky I did. Here's how it went:

Me: Hi, I'm here to pick up the new Final Fantasy game

Employee: Uh... sorry, we don't have that.

Me: Really? Today is the release date

Him: Yeah, we didn't get them in yet

Me: Are you serious? I took quite a drive up here and pre-ordered it. It should be here.

Him: Sigh... hold on let me check something

He went over to the glass case and hidden behind a bunch of PS4 titles, there was only one FF. He said, looks like we only have one copy.

I don't know if more were supposed to arrive later today, more were in a back room or whatever, but I suggest going early if your Targetr was like mine

Couldn't get any sleep so decided to hit up Target at opening and get my steelbook copy. Lucky I did. Here's how it went:

Me: Hi, I'm here to pick up the new Final Fantasy game

Employee: Uh... sorry, we don't have that?\

Me: Really? Today is the release date

Him: Yeah, we didn't get them in yet

Me: Are you serious? I took quite a drive up here and pre-ordered it. It should be here.

Him: Sigh... hold on let me check something

He went over to the glass case and hidden behind a bunch of PS4 titles, there was only one FF. He said, looks like we only have one copy.

I don't know if more were supposed to arrive later today, more were in a back room or whatever, but I suggest going early if your Targetr was like mine
Lazy employees FTW. Sad that he is lazy right from store open.

I would assume there were more copies somewhere. I mean, what major retailer only gets one copy of a hit title?

But I remembered another poster saying his store only had 3 of them. So who knows?

Not sure whether to rage or not yet, I'll give it till this afternoon. My Estimated Delivery on Newgistics shot up from the 11th or 12th to the 14th.

It finally showed up on the USPS site, but without estimated delivery. According to the tracking it just arrived at my towns post office
Same here but mine is saying the 13th. It just showed up at the greenwood post office which is literally 1 mile from my house.

Just got my LRFFXIII steelbook from Target. The game is inside like Tomb Raider.  :)

I would assume there were more copies somewhere. I mean, what major retailer only gets one copy of a hit title?

But I remembered another poster saying his store only had 3 of them. So who knows?
my store only got 3 of each and no pre-orders show up in the system. there have been times where they only got 1 copy of a game lol, i wouldnt put it past target.

I can confirm that Target stores seem to be receiving only three copies of the LR steelbook per system. They had three for 360 and three for PS3. They had two non-steelbook editions for PS3 as well.

I picked up a steelbook for PS3. If you want the steelbook, go ASAP.

Lazy employees FTW. Sad that he is lazy right from store open.
I missed out on the Pikachu 3DS XL last year because of pretty much the same thing. Got there at opening, employee told me they didn't have it (and didn't seem to care) and instead of arguing like I should have done I left. Went back a couple hours later and another guy told me they had about 3 of them but had sold them all.

Same here but mine is saying the 13th. It just showed up at the greenwood post office which is literally 1 mile from my house.
Same thing here. I'm guessing the delivery estimate is wrong, no way it will take it 2 more days now that it's in town. I expect to get it today.

Just got my LRFFXIII steelbook from Target. The game is inside like Tomb Raider. :)
Do you receive the standard PS3 case along with the steelbook?

Also, do you have to preorder to receive the steelbook, or could I just walk in and grab an extra copy to receive the steelbook?

Also, do you have to preorder to receive the steelbook, or could I just walk in and grab an extra copy to receive the steelbook?
No its just the disc inside the steelbook...and you can if they have extras. The Tomb Raider steelbook was the same thing. They had a lot of extra ones though so you may want to hurry for this one because people are saying they dont have a lot on the shelves.

Should I bother calling? I won't be able to make it until after work... if at all.

Edit: Well, apparently they only had one PS3 preorder and that was me. He'll be holding it for two weeks for me.

I like my stores. Really do.

No, its just the disc inside the steelbook. Also, you can just walk in and grab if its available. But like others said, it seems "limited." I only saw one PS3 steelbook (which I got) and saw one other 360 steelbook available. The others were regular editions I believe.

You do not receive the standard PS3 case along with the steelbook. You just get the steelbook, and yes, it is the "DVD sized" steelbook, not the "Blu ray sized" steelbook.

Previous posters are also correct about the seemingly small quantity of steelbooks. I live in the Dallas, TX area, and I would consider my Target to be a pretty popular Target, and they only received 2 copies of the PS3 steelbook edition, and I picked up one of those two.

I doubt you need a preorder to get it, as Target does not really keep track of whether a person preordered or not. I preordered so that I could get the $5 gift card today when I picked it up, and they were not even aware that they had any preorders for the game. They also did not have the game out, yet. They had to go in the back and find them. To their credit, though, they did put the one other steelbook copy behind the counter in case someone else with a preorder walked in to pick up a copy today. So my store is at least attempting to honor those that had a preorder, but I bet you could just walk in to most stores and just pick it up if they still have any.

Like previous posters said, if you really want the steelbook, I would suggest getting to a Target ASAP, as it seems most stores are only getting a few copies.

You do not receive the standard PS3 case along with the steelbook. You just get the steelbook, and yes, it is the "DVD sized" steelbook, not the "Blu ray sized" steelbook.

Previous posters are also correct about the seemingly small quantity of steelbooks. I live in the Dallas, TX area, and I would consider my Target to be a pretty popular Target, and they only received 2 copies of the PS3 steelbook edition, and I picked up one of those two.

I doubt you need a preorder to get it, as Target does not really keep track of whether a person preordered or not. I preordered so that I could get the $5 gift card today when I picked it up, and they were not even aware that they had any preorders for the game. They also did not have the game out, yet. They had to go in the back and find them. To their credit, though, they did put the one other steelbook copy behind the counter in case someone else with a preorder walked in to pick up a copy today. So my store is at least attempting to honor those that had a preorder, but I bet you could just walk in to most stores and just pick it up if they still have any.

Like previous posters said, if you really want the steelbook, I would suggest getting to a Target ASAP, as it seems most stores are only getting a few copies.
Thanks for the info! I was up for running to the Target near me on my lunch break to look, but honestly it being DVD sized kind of turns me off. My OCD would probably go crazy having only one PS3 game that is bigger that all the rest.

I was considering the LE from Square, but they go through DigitalRiver and it ends up being $100+ shipped. Might grab the steelbook from Target so I can finally use my $20 GC and call it a day.

So after all of the Bravely Default shenanigans with amazon and its shipping system, I want to know how amazon is with bigger collectors editions, like Tales of Xillia's CE. Did anyone order that from amazon and what condition was yours in? The reason I ask is because I have Tales of Symphonia preordered there and I dont want to get a damaged CE. 

So after all of the Bravely Default shenanigans with amazon and its shipping system, I want to know how amazon is with bigger collectors editions, like Tales of Xillia's CE. Did anyone order that from amazon and what condition was yours in? The reason I ask is because I have Tales of Symphonia preordered there and I dont want to get a damaged CE.
They'll be forced to ship it in a box since it's much larger than the Bravely Default CE. That's where the good news ends, though. It's rare that you'll see special care taken to protect the CE from damage. They may throw in a couple of air packets. My Xillia CE arrived in pretty good shape - there was one slightly crushed corner, though. It's possible that happened in the fulfillment center, too.

But, I don't think Amazon packages those larger CEs any better/worse than any other retailer. IMO, everything should be packaged so the item isn't touching the sides of the box. Nobody really does that in my experience. I ordered that $10 Aliens Colonial Marines CE from Gamestop and it came in a large box with no other packing materials. It still miraculously arrived in perfect condition...of course the $10 Aliens CE would arrive in perfect condition.

They ship it in a box bigger than the CE with air bubble things.

Bravely is a bit of an exception as it was too big to fit in their DVD case boxes but just right for a padded envelope. It was either that or ship it like Best Buy did in a box that was a lot larger than the CE (costing more money).

Called my store and the associate said he didn't see any FF out there. Tried to ask him about checking the back since it comes out today but he sounded like it should have been out if it came in already. Took my info down and said he'd have to check with his team lead and get back to me.

I sense trouble.

They'll be forced to ship it in a box since it's much larger than the Bravely Default CE. That's where the good news ends, though. It's rare that you'll see special care taken to protect the CE from damage. They may throw in a couple of air packets. My Xillia CE arrived in pretty good shape - there was one slightly crushed corner, though. It's possible that happened in the fulfillment center, too.

But, I don't think Amazon packages those larger CEs any better/worse than any other retailer. IMO, everything should be packaged so the item isn't touching the sides of the box. Nobody really does that in my experience. I ordered that $10 Aliens Colonial Marines CE from Gamestop and it came in a large box with no other packing materials. It still miraculously arrived in perfect condition...of course the $10 Aliens CE would arrive in perfect condition.

They ship it in a box bigger than the CE with air bubble things.

Bravely is a bit of an exception as it was too big to fit in their DVD case boxes but just right for a padded envelope. It was either that or ship it like Best Buy did in a box that was a lot larger than the CE (costing more money).
Alright, do you think its better to just stick with amazon (if I have prime) or stick with a gamestop preorder I also have (I got my XIllia from them and it was pretty good condition. Ive never ordered a big CE from amazon so I dont know what to do at this point haha)

Alright, do you think its better to just stick with amazon (if I have prime) or stick with a gamestop preorder I also have (I got my XIllia from them and it was pretty good condition. Ive never ordered a big CE from amazon so I dont know what to do at this point haha)
To be honest? I'd go with both, keep the one in better condition and sell the other. The limited production run (even with 3,000 extra) ensures that you won't lose any money. Hell, I'll buy your extra if Digital River f**ks up my order. Which I'm fully expecting them to do.

I went GS w/ my Symphonia even tho it meant more money than I would have paid at Amazon (Amazon still doesn't charge me tax & my local sales tax is 10%...).  But I don't think I've ever picked up a CE in-store from GS that wasn't in perfect condition, especially since the manager knows me & tries to set aside the best one for me.  ;)  It pays to get to know your local GS staff.  

Picked up my One Piece Limited Edition for 3ds.  I wasnt sure how "limited" it'd be but it looks like the print run is numbered to 16,800, which seems like a lot for a One Piece game, but I have no clue how many of the Wii one were made (and that game is worth quite a bit). 

I would keep both and keep the better condition one and sell off the other. At the very least you could break even and sell it to a fellow CAG that missed out. I have 2 pre-orders myself (Amazon only because I have credit and 1 at Gamestop instore).

Thanks for the info! I was up for running to the Target near me on my lunch break to look, but honestly it being DVD sized kind of turns me off. My OCD would probably go crazy having only one PS3 game that is bigger that all the rest.

I was considering the LE from Square, but they go through DigitalRiver and it ends up being $100+ shipped. Might grab the steelbook from Target so I can finally use my $20 GC and call it a day.
No problem. I am kind of the same way about the DVD sized case. Wish it were blu ray, but I do have a few other PS3 games in DVD sized cases, so it helps alleviate some of that "nag" that I feel when I realize that I have enough PS3 games in DVD sized packaging now that it won't look quite as out of place on my shelf. I just put all the DVD sized ones next to each on the edge of my shelf.

Updated the OP.  The Titanfall CE is back in stock at amazon on all 3 systems.  Going to move the all the stuff that came out today and put into the 2nd post.

Hoping my buddy manages to snag me a steelbook at Target since I really want one and I collect anything Final Fantasy XIII. :D

I went and picked up a FFXIII-3 Steelbook for the 360 from the Target in Parma Ohio. They still had 2 more for the 360 and a few for the PS3.

You know, when I picked up my Bravely Default CE from Gamestop I asked if they were still taking Symphonia LE preorders, to which he looked into and said that they were. Might swing by and put in a preorder for it. I had almost completely forgotten about that game to be honest.

The contents of the LE for Symphonia looks to be worth the increased price in my opinion. I have never actually gotten around to beating Symphonia when I played it on the GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back