Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah whatever I do it doesn't change my delivery date and it always says at the top:

"We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

I've changed the shipping speed back and fourth and have changed my credit cards and it doesn't do anything. Sigh, guess I'll just have to wait till next week to see what happens.

Edit: Of course Amazon Customer Support was no help on updating my order status. 

I placed my order for Tales of Symphonia CE on October 15th with Super Saver Shipping. I just got an email saying:

Hello,

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on October 15, 2013 :

"Tales of Symphonia Chronicles: Collector's Edition - PlayStation 3"
    Estimated arrival date: March 03, 2014 - March 07, 2014

I'm okay with that as long as it doesn't come damaged.

So glad I ordered it earlier, nearly Danganronpa'd myself again.
I find the % meter helpful but it'd be nice if they did a "Last day available" or something similar. A lot of their CE's hang on < 25% and then without warning go OOS.

I just make sure to put an order in when I notice it drops from < 50% to < 25% but I don't like preordering more then 1-2 months in advance

I find the % meter helpful but it'd be nice if they did a "Last day available" or something similar. A lot of their CE's hang on < 25% and then without warning go OOS.

I just make sure to put an order in when I notice it drops from < 50% to < 25% but I don't like preordering more then 1-2 months in advance
Yeah same, I try to wait especially on sites other than Amazon since my family travels alot and I don't like risking changing addresses, but lately I have been trying to do it sooner because I missed out on a few things lately

And it should I guess? I'm on the Prime trial and 2 day is giving release date after I changed it (Like I said above)

Is anyone else planning to use the upcoming FF XIV PS4 beta as a way to test the waters to see if they want to bite on the CE?  It looks like a really nice set, but of course only if the game is something I'll actually want to play.  ;)  

For anyone that's played it on PC or PS3, is it possible to solo your way through the main storyline?  

So anyone else suddenly get an email cancellation about their LR preorder from Target? I had to order online because I live in the only state with no Targets. I really hate this individual retailers getting different editions trend.

yeah got the email from amazon with a date of the 27th for symphonia for both my orders and just went in and clicked 2 day shipping again and it changed to the 25th. 

Is anyone else planning to use the upcoming FF XIV PS4 beta as a way to test the waters to see if they want to bite on the CE? It looks like a really nice set, but of course only if the game is something I'll actually want to play. ;)

For anyone that's played it on PC or PS3, is it possible to solo your way through the main storyline?
Considering both the other CE's are going for $160-$200 i'd say its worth it to get either way.

RE: your other question, no, you cannot solo your way through the main storyline as most of the story quests are instanced where you have to team up with other people.

yes, by selecting 2 day shipping it suppose too update to free release day shipping, least on movie,games. only once did a game ship late for me their usually really good about it.
Not all movies and games - only the ones where they state they offer release date delivery.

Do you guys know why like no site has updated their picture for the Tales of Symphonia CE since the new picture (showing everything included) came out? 

So anyone else suddenly get an email cancellation about their LR preorder from Target? I had to order online because I live in the only state with no Targets. I really hate this individual retailers getting different editions trend.
I had my order pending for over a week but canceled it yesterday and bought one on Ebay for 70 total ( sealed, steelbook, and dlc). I had a feeling they were going to do this and I live in California where there are Targets everywhere.

I received a FREE keychain and nice shirt on Lightning Returns from Square Enix!!! Anyone else did too? My CE should come later today in mail.

IGN has an uboxing video for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/19/unboxing-tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-special-edition

IGN has an uboxing video for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/19/unboxing-tales-of-symphonia-chronicles-special-edition
Wow. Hugely disappointing. The "art book" is more of a pamphlet than anything else and I didn't care about the figures. The soundtrack and steelbook are awesome but hardly worth the extra $60.

No release date from amazon yet. It still says "we need a little more time" and I pre ordered on 10/15. But I didnt get a release date for bravely until 2 days before the game came out.

Is anyone else planning to use the upcoming FF XIV PS4 beta as a way to test the waters to see if they want to bite on the CE? It looks like a really nice set, but of course only if the game is something I'll actually want to play. ;)

No, as some of the story require that you run through the dungeons. However, you can use the party finder in game to do this for you and it requires little effort.

I actually think it's a really nice CE. Way more than you'll typically get in most CEs.
Personally, I would have been happy with just the steelbook and soundtrack for $20-$30 more ($59.99-$69.99). The figures, art "book", and short story don't add enough value for me, and now I'm seriously considering canceling my Amazon preorder... :whistle2:k

Personally, I would have been happy with just the steelbook and soundtrack for $20-$30 more ($59.99-$69.99). The figures, art "book", and short story don't add enough value for me, and now I'm seriously considering canceling my Amazon preorder... :whistle2:k
I'll buy it from you if you don't want it.

Edit: I wish the figures were Nendoroid Petites instead of Chibi Kyun Chara though. But then again, I have the full set of Tales Nendo Petites already (with an extra Milla), so I guess it doesn't matter.

Wow. Hugely disappointing. The "art book" is more of a pamphlet than anything else and I didn't care about the figures. The soundtrack and steelbook are awesome but hardly worth the extra $60.
A 4-disk soundtrack instead of your typical "sampler" cd, a 130 page novella, a very nice art box...those + the figures and steelbook are well worth the extra money IMO. I also think it's a nice bonus that they include a standard game case as well as the steelbook - I don't like to put my games in the steelbook cases, I prefer to display them separately so they don't get scratched.

zavvi.com just cancel my preorder for Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collectors Edition cause they cant dispatch the item outside the uk. Now i gotta hope for one after release some where smh...

That's the worst thing you could do. They are going for like $180 on ebay. If you really don't like it, then sell it and profit.

Just don't let Romeo know you're doing this, because you'll be branded scum of the earth ;)

That unboxing video makes me even more upset that I missed the preorder on Tales. I'm going to find a copy at release somehow though...
"You just gotta believe!"

I'm already getting the free upgrade for FF XIV from ps3 to ps4 digitally but I am seriously debating on buying the ps4 CE since I didn't get the ps3 one the first time around.

Kind of disappointed with the art booklet too, but the box holding everything more than makes up for it.

Quick question:

I pre-ordered a couple collector's editions from BestBuy.com, and while the payment has been validated, my bank issued me a new debit card recently due to a security breach...will the payment still go through when the time comes since it had already been validated? I ask because I do not see any option to change payment when I view the order...

I'm really glad I pre-ordered the Tales CE as well. The Xillia one was meh besides the statue but I've been collecting a lot of steelbooks lately so that amazing steelbook will be a great addition to my collection.

Quick question:

I pre-ordered a couple collector's editions from BestBuy.com, and while the payment has been validated, my bank issued me a new debit card recently due to a security breach...will the payment still go through when the time comes since it had already been validated? I ask because I do not see any option to change payment when I view the order...
So Bestbuy.com only charges your card when they actually ship. How it works is they will pre-authorize your card with the amount to ensure that you have enough funds and then charge again when it ships. A debit card works a little bit different from a credit card since it is actually funds being credited and so fourth.

I would check the payment validated date and match it with your debit card transactions to see if they actually credited your account for the amount of the Collector's Editions. If the balance in your account didn't change then Bestbuy.com only pre-authorized the amount and didn't actually withdraw anything from your bank account.

If I were you I would call up Best Buy Customer Support and change the payment method and update your card info. Their customer service is pretty top notch. I've contacted them several times and the service has always been speedy and efficient.

Quick question:

I actually have a similar situation but with a credit card and the Drakengard 3 CE--would it be a painful process to contact *shudder* Digital River to have them change my payment method once I get my new CC?

I actually have a similar situation but with a credit card and the Drakengard 3 CE--would it be a painful process to contact *shudder* Digital River to have them change my payment method once I get my new CC?
It would be easier to process cancellation on the original order and just place a new order with the newer credit card. DR customer support sucks. I am still sitting on some order in limbo where I paid with PayPal and the order is in process but hasn't shipped and I've contacted them 3 times trying to cancel or send it.

It would be easier to process cancellation on the original order and just place a new order with the newer credit card. DR customer support sucks. I am still sitting on some order in limbo where I paid with PayPal and the order is in process but hasn't shipped and I've contacted them 3 times trying to cancel or send it.
Thanks. Hopefully the CE won't sell out before I get my new card in the mail. :pray:

If thats the case there might be a lot of pissed off people come launch time.

Really stupid if that really is the case (And they didnt bump up the print run or something).

Quick question:

You can change/add cards through account overview. Just scroll down till you see profile then click manage cards.

I think if it was really OOS it would have updated just as the LR:FF CE PS3 did. I'm pretty sure it's just a way for people to buy the CE. Wouldn't be surprised if they say they made a typo and ment to say 50k units.

For any of those talking about the Drakengard 3 CE...

https://www.facebook.com/Drakengard/posts/10202189987705510

Just dug this up. That was posted on the 7th on their official facebook page, one day after it announced the CE. If 4.5k can run out in a day, then the other 500 must have been used up by now. Ofcourse SE hasn't even updated anything on the unit stocks for it.
Wuh-oh. That's not good for my CC situation. :???:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back