Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm not an xbone owner. i grabbed a couple to unload it on ebay. looks like xbone ver is sold out across all 3 major retailer but i'm sure the majority pre-orders was done before this announcement.
Factor in shipping costs for an 18"+ box and it's going to cost you $20+ to ship this across the country with signature confirmation and that will be slow economy shipping.

Factor in shipping costs for an 18"+ box and it's going to cost you $20+ to ship this across the country with signature confirmation and that will be slow economy shipping.
well, i paid $216 (GCU) after tax. was hoping to sell on ebay for $380 (reasonable as msrp is $250) and have buyer pay for shipping ($20).

$380

-216 (cost)

- 40 (ebay fee)

- 12 (paypal)

- 0 (shipping)

~$110 (give/take $10)

worse case scenario, i have to wait in line at the bby line to return them. Still undecided though.

well, i paid $216 (GCU) after tax. was hoping to sell on ebay for $380 (reasonable as msrp is $250) and have buyer pay for shipping ($20).

$380

-216 (cost)

- 40 (ebay fee)

- 12 (paypal)

- 0 (shipping)

~$110 (give/take $10)

worse case scenario, i have to wait in line at the bby line to return them. Still undecided though.
If you wanted to flip, seriously, should've bought many copies of Tales of Symphonia CE..I'm not a flipper, but I see on ebay at least one buyer having 20-30 copies of the CE, and you Namco, when they say limited, they really mean limited.

$380

-216 (cost)

- 40 (ebay fee)

- 12 (paypal)

- 0 (shipping)

~$110 (give/take $10)

Well good luck. Plenty of established TRS asking in the $350-$360 range with free shipping.

If they're not selling well before release it's doubtful they'll sell for that much before your return period is up so you could always cancel before they ship.

If you wanted to flip, seriously, should've bought many copies of Tales of Symphonia CE..I'm not a flipper, but I see on ebay at least one buyer having 20-30 copies of the CE, and you Namco, when they say limited, they really mean limited.
i'm not a flipper myself. make way more money with my day job. i just see an easy opportunity to make some quick bucks and wanted to cash in. I may cancel after all. probably will wait until march to decide.

Question:

Will all launch copies, both standard and Grand Wizard Edition, of South Park: Stick of Truth come with the Ultimate Fellow ship DLC? It's not retailer exclusive and its prepackaged so as long as you get a first printing you should get the DLC right?

Picked up the Thief steelbook from Target. They had like 7 or 8 for 360, 5ish for PS3, and 3-4 each for Xbox One and PS4.

Definitely more plentiful than Lightning Returns. Also comes with the Bank Heist DLC.

Question:

Will all launch copies, both standard and Grand Wizard Edition, of South Park: Stick of Truth come with the Ultimate Fellow ship DLC? It's not retailer exclusive and its prepackaged so as long as you get a first printing you should get the DLC right?
Yes, only place with an exclusive preorder is GameStop. They also give you the Samuri Pack.

Picked up my Symphonia Chronicles CE from Gamestop. Just a head's up, this is most likely going to be like the Wind Waker HD CEs with the stickers on them. I was the first one in the store and the clerk went to look for my CE. So while they looked I was just looking around. I turn around to see them at the last second slap a price tag sticker on it. Luckily, it peels right off because it is shrink wrapped. If you go in later, expect it to have a sticker on it.

My store only got one copy. I wonder if I went later, if the clerk would have sold it to someone else. They had no idea what to look for. I had to tell them it was a box and just not a regular game. Then again YMMV. A lot smaller than the Xillia CE. Like way smaller.

When does Gamestop release preorders?

It would be Thursday when they are released? Or Wednesday? I want to try and get a Tales CE.

When does Gamestop release preorders? It would be Thursday when they are released? Or Wednesday? I want to try and get a Tales CE.
I stopped by a Gamestop where they had 3 sitting on the counter and I was told they'd hold them for 1-2 days. I had thought they were supposed to hold them for 48 hours after release, though.

2 days= 48 hours
Let me write that down somewhere.... thanks!

What I was meaning is that he told me they'd be held for "a day or two". He didn't say they were being held for 48 hours. "A day" = 24 hours. The employee I spoke with made it sound like there was a possibility they'd be freed up if someone doesn't pick them up in a day. It was like there was no actual policy.

What I was meaning is that he told me they'd be held for "a day or two". He didn't say they were being held for 48 hours. "A day" = 24 hours. The employee I spoke with made it sound like there was a possibility they'd be freed up if someone doesn't pick them up in a day. It was like there was no actual policy.

Silly man, GameStop plays by their own rules.

Picked up the Thief steelbook from Target. They had like 7 or 8 for 360, 5ish for PS3, and 3-4 each for Xbox One and PS4.

Definitely more plentiful than Lightning Returns. Also comes with the Bank Heist DLC.
Just picked up mine for the PS4 as well. They didn't have them out on the shelves yet, so I had to ask them for it. The lady brought out a small box of the game with all platforms in it, and told me that's all they received. Just a handful of each platform.

Happy how my ToS CE came in. A lot of air packets and release day delivery with FSSS.

That's not a good packing job, IMO, but typical of Amazon. Their cardboard boxes aren't thick enough to protect anything up against the side of the box. If they actually cared, the CE would be in the middle surrounded by air packets. With my luck, the corners up against the side of the box would've been crushed.

That's not a good packing job, IMO, but typical of Amazon. Their cardboard boxes aren't thick enough to protect anything up against the side of the box. If they actually cared, the CE would be in the middle surrounded by air packets. With my luck, the corners up against the side of the box would've been crushed.
Well I haven't had any problems with CE's I've ordered from them. The fact it came for USPS is a plus because I know the abuse it can take coming from UPS as I do work for them.

That's true, but I never receive any pckgs packaged like that from amazon or any other retailer.
I agree. That's why I still use Amazon - everyone packages poorly. Well, there is one online retailer I use who knows how to package books and I don't order books from Amazon any longer. But, I haven't found any retailer that packages video games or movies any better than Amazon. Ok, I take that back - I don't think any other retailer would've put that Bravely Default CE in an envelope.

Titanfall CE unboxing:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jIb1FpOuBtQ[/youtube]

Wish it gave a better indication of the quality of the statue.

Namco-Bandai has Tales of Xillia CE (the one with the statue) for $99.95 back in stock + Tales of Symphonia Chronicles (regular edition) for 20% off when you buy both of them together.

"...1st production runs and all units are numbered under 500!"

Titanfall CE unboxing:

I really wanted this edition and almost snagged it with the 20% GCU at least but it still was too much for me to justify.

Also, it is a shame posters are always folded up in packages. The box for this one is so big you would think they would have rolled it up. I never understand what the point of getting a folded up poster is? I am never going to put something up with crease marks all over it.

Gamestop's packaging is much, much better than amazon's, but it's still pretty hit or miss with all the other retailers, too.

Titanfall CE unboxing:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jIb1FpOuBtQ[/youtube]

Thanks for posting. Looks pretty cool.

Does anyone know if the CE art book is different than the art book that's listed separately (other than the cover)?

Anybody else not get their Tales of Symphonia CE shipping notice from Namco / Pitiful River yet?  I haven't, but I suspect my new order got moved to the bottom of the pile when I updated my card info.

Anybody else not get their Tales of Symphonia CE shipping notice from Namco / Pitiful River yet? I haven't, but I suspect my new order got moved to the bottom of the pile when I updated my card info.
Yup! Mint condition! It was shipped in the "Stock to floor Immediately!" Box.

thanks, looks nice , and all, but $250 is still too much.
This, the statue does look really nice and I sunk A LOT of time into the game when the weekend was up, but I just can't justify that for one game, and there's nothing special to make you like stand out in the game either (like the Halo flaming helmet in Reach) which seems kind of weird for something so expensive that's online only. I'll just stick to the standard, but at least the people who are getting it/can afford it are getting a high quality piece!

Uhh okay got a text from Amazon that my Tales CE has shipped and will be here by Thursday...although I don't have Prime and used the FSSS and it says EDT is March 3-7. Yay!?

Do you guys think One Piece: Romance Dawn will become the next Xenoblade? I wasn't that interested in it but I may want to play it one day and I'd rather not pay $80 for it.

Do you guys think One Piece: Romance Dawn will become the next Xenoblade? I wasn't that interested in it but I may want to play it one day and I'd rather not pay $80 for it.
Part of the reason Xenoblade is so valuable is not only the low print run but that's it's a really good game, some say the best RPG of the generation. The One Piece Romance game? Not so much lol

Part of the reason Xenoblade is so valuable is not only the low print run but that's it's a really good game, some say the best RPG of the generation. The One Piece Romance game? Not so much lol
Still have no idea how Collectors treat that sort of stuff lol. I wouldnt be surprised to see the price go up

Those of you who got the Tales of Symphonia CE, does your DLC code work? I get either an error or invalid code message when I try to redeem mine.

...The Titanfall statue looks cool but the quality of it doesn't justify its price. I had it pre-ordered but I decided to cancel after researching it.

This, the statue does look really nice and I sunk A LOT of time into the game when the weekend was up, but I just can't justify that for one game, and there's nothing special to make you like stand out in the game either (like the Halo flaming helmet in Reach) which seems kind of weird for something so expensive that's online only. I'll just stick to the standard, but at least the people who are getting it/can afford it are getting a high quality piece!
yeah, i agree. and whoever came up with the $249.99 pricing, must be really confident, that it will def sell like hot cakes. especially, seeing as it is available at more than one retailers. As oppose to being some exclusive edition limited to only 1 retailer. I wonder if it will end up like the star wars the old republic collectors edition on pc ending up in clearance price of $20( maybe not at $20, but along the lines of $59.99- $79.99)

Reasons against it being worth a lot:

1) Its not a really good game. (Xenoblade was)

2) Its on the eshop (Xenoblade isnt)

Those of you who got the Tales of Symphonia CE, does your DLC code work? I get either an error or invalid code message when I try to redeem mine.
Mine isn't, was just coming here to post about it. At least I'm not alone, so if it's a wide-spread issue I assume they'll do something about it. If it still isn't working by the weekend & I haven't heard anything, I'll contact them about it.

Picked up my Symphonia Chronicles CE from Gamestop. Just a head's up, this is most likely going to be like the Wind Waker HD CEs with the stickers on them. I was the first one in the store and the clerk went to look for my CE. So while they looked I was just looking around. I turn around to see them at the last second slap a price tag sticker on it. Luckily, it peels right off because it is shrink wrapped. If you go in later, expect it to have a sticker on it.

My store only got one copy. I wonder if I went later, if the clerk would have sold it to someone else. They had no idea what to look for. I had to tell them it was a box and just not a regular game. Then again YMMV. A lot smaller than the Xillia CE. Like way smaller.
Yep, exact same thing with mine. Mine was the only CE copy they got/pre-ordered as well. :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back