Official Collector's Edition Compilation Thread II - (Latest: The Order, Witcher, Far Cry 4, Persona Q, AC:Unity)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZxT Vendetta

CAGiversary!
Feedback
339 (100%)
Read The FAQ's Below Before Asking ANY Payment Related Questions!!!

Older CE's are in the 2nd post!

FAQ's:

• Amazon & Gamestop do not have a pre-authorization charge.
  • Bethesda Store and any of the Treehouse Brand Stores do not have a pre-authorization charge either.
  • Best Buy, NISA Store, Square-Enix Store all have a pre-authorization that goes away after 3-4 days or so, 7-10 days max.
  • All pre-orders with Paypal, you pay the full amount when the order is placed NOT when it is shipped.  This goes for every retailer that takes Paypal as a form of payment
  • Be cautious when going for free shipping from any Exclusive Store since they all use Digital River.  Say you order 2 CE's from S/E Store and they have different release dates, DR will wait till the last item comes out to ship yours.  Meaning (since Digital River sucks donkey balls), they could end up selling your pre-order on the first item to release and you could be SOL.  Also be careful ordering something to get your free shipping threshold as well because if the item goes OOS, then you have to wait for it to come back in stock.  This happened to many CAGs ordering the Lightning Returns CE from the S/E store because they ordered key chains that went OOS.
  • ^TL;DR Version:  If something goes out of stock or is not out yet, it will delay your order.

Sniper Elite 3 Collectors Edition 7/1/14 :xb1: :ps4: $69.99
150052_LELG.jpg

Contents:
  • Sniper Elite 3
  • Limited Edition Ammo Tin Box
  • Collectible Playing Cards
  • Bullet-shaped Torch Pen
  • Dossier
  • Dog Tag
  • Sniper Shooting Range Target
  • 3 Exclusive DLC Weapon and Outfit Packs
Links:
Best Buy - Gamestop

Disgaea 4: A Promise Revistied Limited Edition 8/12/14 :vita: $49.99 (NISA Store Exclusive)

disg4vita_big_LE.jpg

Contents:

• Disgaea®4: A Promise Revisited for PS®Vita
  • Tear-resistant poster (16"x22")
  • Set of 3 keychains (approx. 2.5"x1.75")
  • Microfiber cloth (6"x6")
  • Collector's box

Link:

NISA Store   Stock

Last edited by a moderator:
How rare will ds2 CE be?
Probably not so much as the items aren't particularly desirable, they're not numbered, and you can still preorder it at certain retailers atm. I would expect to see these as part of year end sale at the Namco Bandai store, not because they'll bomb, but because they're probably smart enough to make enough for the cult following and then some.

[quote name="6er" post="11564199" timestamp="1393529450"]I have always wondered the physiological reason behind people wanting lowered limited numbered things.

I do too, ( I have the number four of this. http://web.archive.org/web/20110924082700/http://store.epicinkbooks.com/html}r/star-wars-the-blueprints.html

But isn't it a bit strange we all think like that?[/quote]

You're actually wondering the psychological reason lol. And we're not all bit by that bug. Short of it being number one, I couldn't care less.

I have always wondered the physiological reason behind people wanting lowered limited numbered things.

I do too, ( I have the number four of this. http://web.archive.org/web/20110924082700/http://store.epicinkbooks.com/html}r/star-wars-the-blueprints.html

But isn't it a bit strange we all think like that?
I don't care myself how low the number is. I only care because other people care, so it makes what I have a little more desirable. But the number itself being high doesn't bother me at all.

You're actually wondering the psychological reason lol. And we're not all bit by that bug. Short of it being number one, I couldn't care less.
Agree completely with that. Could not care less about numbered unless I had a number that made it completely unique.

Well, if the three signers got a copy, or people within Epic Books, it could be the first that was publicly available.

I always figure people involved will keep the first one or two for themselves or someone particular

Does anyone know how to contact Digital River via email through the SE Store? I can't find a damn way to do it. I know I did it before, but forgot how. Their "support" section is just a bunch of crap FAQs and notices it looks like. I remember there being a form I filled out.

Does anyone know how to contact Digital River via email through the SE Store? I can't find a damn way to do it. I know I did it before, but forgot how. Their "support" section is just a bunch of crap FAQs and notices it looks like. I remember there being a form I filled out.
I've contacted them several times through email; don't bother. Are you trying to contact them in regards to a LR order or something? I had mine on backorder forever because of the Tonberry strap. I emailed them 3 times and even processed cancellation on the SE site and my order never changed.

I finally called the DR contact support line yesterday and now my LR is shipping and the Tonberry is cancelled.

To all of you who did not manage to get a copy of ToS CE. Have you tried using the gamestop store checker? I ran a search in Austin TX and I see 1 copy available and at least 4 others in the surrounding areas. It's worth a shot to search in your area.

Here is the link to the store checker. Make sure you call ahead to see if they have them available.

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=271477

To all of you who did not manage to get a copy of ToS CE. Have you tried using the gamestop store checker? I ran a search in Austin TX and I see 1 copy available and at least 4 others in the surrounding areas. It's worth a shot to search in your area.

Here is the link to the store checker. Make sure you call ahead to see if they have them available.

OMG. Mine never updated a couple days ago, so gave up. Now that it shows up it shows that there's one right next to the gamestop by me. Damn, guess I'll check it out.

edit: none say reserve copy :/ (wanted to use paypal)

south park stick of truth collectors edition unboxing
9 minutes of video. 4 1/2 minutes of bullshit. Thanks though. Looks worth my $68.
Box is bigger then I would have expected... but as I've said a million times I had those "window" style CE boxes... they get damaged so friggin easily.
Aaaaaagreed. I like that stuff on display (when I don't open it) but damn is it annoying getting a fubar box -_-

My South Park CE shipped today from Best Buy and should be here on Tuesday. I was originally charged around 65 bucks because I price matched a Target price error way back when but today they charged me the whole 80 bucks when I changed my payment method. I'm gonna have to call and straighten this out.

The inventory checker includes copies that are held for reserve. It is better to call them if it shows in stock at a local store because most likely the item is being held. Some GameStops will hold a CE for a week at the request of the customer.

So what do you guys think of the Titanfall CE now that best buy seems to be "giving" some away? Still worth $200 or wait?
I heard that Best Buy was giving out less than 100 of those coupons. Once again it's hard to gauge how rare this will be. As it is now the CE is mostly sold out and I really don't seem them throwing them on clearance (as much as people want to believe that they will). I think brick and mortar stores are getting smarter about inventory allocation.

And keep the 35,000 units in mind. This is 35,000 for the whole world. I'd say that the number is pretty limited. Once the high reviews start coming in for Titanfall the value will hold steady and probably be sold at cost or above MSRP on reseller sites.

I heard that Best Buy was giving out less than 100 of those coupons. Once again it's hard to gauge how rare this will be. As it is now the CE is mostly sold out and I really don't seem them throwing them on clearance (as much as people want to believe that they will). I think brick and mortar stores are getting smarter about inventory allocation.

And keep the 35,000 units in mind. This is 35,000 for the whole world. I'd say that the number is pretty limited. Once the high reviews start coming in for Titanfall the value will hold steady and probably be sold at cost or above MSRP on reseller sites.
If you look at most of the valuable CE's very few (if any) are FPS and most are in franchises that have a huge and loyal fanbase because they are STORY driven and people make connections with the characters/story.

Since I rarely buy things hoping for high resale value, like 90% of the time I'll pass on any sort of CE that just comes with a statue or something.

I almost always regret them, and most of the time they are really overpriced. Plus, 250$ is waaaaay over my usual price range. I'd barely spend 150$ on a series I was a die hard fan of.

Since I rarely buy things hoping for high resale value, like 90% of the time I'll pass on any sort of CE that just comes with a statue or something.

I almost always regret them, and most of the time they are really overpriced. Plus, 250$ is waaaaay over my usual price range. I'd barely spend 150$ on a series I was a die hard fan of.
I would agree and say my Arkham Origins, but I've been wanting a Joker statue for a long time. So I'm satisfied with it.

Also, Im gonna pay full price for South Park and Dark Souls II. I'm not gonna open them yet as I have Castlevania LoS2 to finish and also just started Plants vs Zombies. Plus Titanfall is in 2 weeks.

I'm gonna wait and see if there's a price drop on them. If so. Ill return them and collect my difference, lol.

I would agree and say my Arkham Origins, but I've been wanting a Joker statue for a long time. So I'm satisfied with it.

Also, Im gonna pay full price for South Park and Dark Souls II. I'm not gonna open them yet as I have Castlevania LoS2 to finish and also just started Plants vs Zombies. Plus Titanfall is in 2 weeks.

I'm gonna wait and see if there's a price drop on them. If so. Ill return them and collect my difference, lol.
I "nearly" brought Arkham Origins, but I couldnt justify it, even when it was on sale recently. I just cancelled my South Park CE and decided to get the regular because I really have no need for a Cartman statue and map for 20$ (Plus I really wanted the Gamestop DLC), so I'll just be getting Dark Soul's 2 CE.

Almost every single overpriced CE I have brought in the past (In the 100$ and up range), ended up being not very rare, or even going on clearance. Sucks to buy something only to see it half off in a few months

I "nearly" brought Arkham Origins, but I couldnt justify it, even when it was on sale recently. I just cancelled my South Park CE and decided to get the regular because I really have no need for a Cartman statue and map for 20$ (Plus I really wanted the Gamestop DLC), so I'll just be getting Dark Soul's 2 CE.

Almost every single overpriced CE I have brought in the past (In the 100$ and up range), ended up being not very rare, or even going on clearance. Sucks to buy something only to see it half off in a few months
Yuuup. Also. What does GS give your for SP? I thought everyone got the same dlc?

Yea I'm not really caring too much about the resale aspect just don't want to spend $200 now and in 4-6 months it's at the $100 mark or something.

Yuuup. Also. What does GS give your for SP? I thought everyone got the same dlc?
Fellowship is in all the launch copies, Gamestop gives another pack with 3 more costumes.

I'd probably order the CE at Gamestop if they still had it, but its sold out. Trying to blaze through my PS4 backlog to negate some of my expenses this month

Fellowship is in all the launch copies, Gamestop gives another pack with 3 more costumes.
I'd probably order the CE at Gamestop if they still had it, but its sold out. Trying to blaze through my PS4 backlog to negate some of my expenses this month
Oh. Didn't know. Shame. Now I want it! But hell. My 20% off and $10/$20 rebate works well, lol.

If you look at most of the valuable CE's very few (if any) are FPS and most are in franchises that have a huge and loyal fanbase because they are STORY driven and people make connections with the characters/story.
You need to stop bringing in the argument of whether it's an FPS or not. Comparing a new IP in Titanfall to established franchises is not a fair assessment.

If I look at FPS CEs they are always far into a franchise. The Halo helmet, the CoD Night Vision Goggles, the Killzone Helgast Mask, etc etc. Those CEs had huge prints because there was demand for them and they were the 3rd title in the franchise. Yes those hit clearance at one point or another but they also sold well.

It's like you really really want the Titanfall CE to not sell or something. Are you hoping it will be crap so you can get it on clearance or something? More power to you. You can have your assumptions and I can have mine. You don't need to reply to every post I make saying that FPS CEs don't sell. Not every CE needs to be single player and story driven to sell. Bioshock is considered an FPS and that CE sold well and is hard to find. Why is that? You can argue story but you could also argue it getting praise as a solid game as a NEW IP. Just because Titanfall is a shooter doesn't mean it doesn't have the ability to create a universe that people are interested in. Borderlands 2 Loot Chest was hard to find which was another FPS title. It had a large following but Gearbox only had a print run of 55,000. Call of Duty 4 Limited Edition was hard to find after release because it had a small print and once again was considered a NEW IP because it reinvented the CoD franchise.

When Gears of War first launched it had a CE that was extremely hard to find. Why is that? Because it had a small print and the game rose to high acclaim. The common denominator? IT WAS A NEW IP. The Titanfall CE has a print of 35,000 across three platforms. When it reaches high acclaim it will draw interest to those that wrote it off.

tl;dr Titanfall is a new IP. If history is any indication then the CE will hold value if the game gets praise. The hype is there; the game needs to now prove its worth.

Yea I'm not really caring too much about the resale aspect just don't want to spend $200 now and in 4-6 months it's at the $100 mark or something.

I wasn't referring to resale per say. I am saying that if the statue is rare then you won't be able to get it at the price you want. It's all a betting game. Maybe it will be $100 mark in 4-6 months or maybe it will be rare and cost you more than $200. It's not quite fair to bring Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition as an example but again that game was a new IP and the statue had a small print. I think they said 20,000. I remember people on CAG betting that it too would be clearance comparing it to Uncharted 3 CE.

How did that turn out? Once again it has to do with comparing a new IP to an established IP.

wise choice, that is what i am doing with ps3 backlog. i am hoping to clear some games before the next 100% trade in promo at bestbuy

Oh. Didn't know. Shame. Now I want it! But hell. My 20% off and $10/$20 rebate works well, lol.
i am not big into those dlc custom for games, so i would rather take the 20% off savings + $10, if i had to choose

i am not big into those dlc custom for games, should i would rather take the 20% off savings + $10.
Yeah. Besides. I'm sure they'll be available to purchase later if I want them. Even though Matt and Trey straight up said "fuck dlc. We want all the content there", lol.

You need to stop bringing in the argument of whether it's an FPS or not. Comparing a new IP in Titanfall to established franchises is not a fair assessment.

If I look at FPS CEs they are always far into a franchise. The Halo helmet, the CoD Night Vision Goggles, the Killzone Helgast Mask, etc etc. Those CEs had huge prints because there was demand for them and they were the 3rd title in the franchise. Yes those hit clearance at one point or another but they also sold well.

It's like you really really want the Titanfall CE to not sell or something. Are you hoping it will be crap so you can get it on clearance or something? More power to you. You can have your assumptions and I can have mine. You don't need to reply to every post I make saying that FPS CEs don't sell. Not every CE needs to be single player and story driven to sell. Bioshock is considered an FPS and that CE sold well and is hard to find. Why is that? You can argue story but you could also argue it getting praise as a solid game as a NEW IP. Just because Titanfall is a shooter doesn't mean it doesn't have the ability to create a universe that people are interested in. Borderlands 2 Loot Chest was hard to find which was another FPS title. It had a large following but Gearbox only had a print run of 55,000. Call of Duty 4 Limited Edition was hard to find after release because it had a small print and once again was considered a NEW IP because it reinvented the CoD franchise.

When Gears of War first launched it had a CE that was extremely hard to find. Why is that? Because it had a small print and the game rose to high acclaim. The common denominator? IT WAS A NEW IP. The Titanfall CE has a print of 35,000 across three platforms. When it reaches high acclaim it will draw interest to those that wrote it off.

tl;dr Titanfall is a new IP. If history is any indication then the CE will hold value if the game gets praise. The hype is there; the game needs to now prove its worth.

I wasn't referring to resale per say. I am saying that if the statue is rare then you won't be able to get it at the price you want. It's all a betting game. Maybe it will be $100 mark in 4-6 months or maybe it will be rare and cost you more than $200. It's not quite fair to bring Last of Us Post Pandemic Edition as an example but again that game was a new IP and the statue had a small print. I think they said 20,000. I remember people on CAG betting that it too would be clearance comparing it to Uncharted 3 CE.

How did that turn out? Once again it has to do with comparing a new IP to an established IP.
Yea I will probably hold onto my preorder until reviews release

since you brought up last of us , even the freaking surivial edition cost $100+ , LOL i was actually thinking it would go on sale for lower than the $79.99.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back